Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigerian Gays In Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Gays In Uk (1809 Views)

Photo Of 2 African Gays Caught Kissing Publicly Go Viral On Twitter(pic) / Photo; Two Alleged Gays Caught Red-handed In Benin City, Paraded In Public / Diezani Alison-madueke Appears In UK Court - BBC Correspondent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Gays In Uk by EreluY(f): 3:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
Nigerian LGBT’s in Diaspora Against Anti Same Sex Laws held a rally outside Nigerian Embassy in London, UK to mark the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia. The rally was held on Thursday May 17th 2012 with the Theme- “We Are Family- Freedom to Love for all Nigerians”. Speakers shared personal stories and experiences of Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia and a letter was delivered to officials of the Nigerian High Commission. A former student activist of the OAU, Ile-Ife, Yemisi Ilesanmi led the protest. She said a position paper on the Anti-Same Sex Marriage bill currently pending before the Nigerian legislatures had already been sent to the Nigerian Legislative organ and the Executive.

PM NEWS LAGOS-Same Sex Marriage: Obama’s Nod Emboldens Nigerian Gays.

Gay activists in Nigeria seem to have been emboldened by President Barack Obama’s recent endorsement of homosexual relationships, P.M.NEWS can reveal. In a press statement sent to P.M.NEWS yesterday, gay activists called on the Nigerian Federal Government and National Assembly to revisit their anti-gay stance and legislation for a better society. The National Assembly had on 29 November 2011 criminalised relationships between same sex couples, but gay activists remained silent until after President Obama endorsed such relationships on 9 May 2012. The activists under the aegis of Narconon Nigeria argued that punishing gays or lesbians because of their sexual orientations is inhuman. They disclosed that they held press conferences in Lagos, southwest Nigeria and Abuja, Nigeria’s capital recently and resolved to speak up. “Every citizen deserves the right and freedom of association and choices,” Mr. Ibrahim Kunle who issued the statement on behalf of Narconon said. “Nigeria has not in any way recorded a case of criminality attached to the activities of same sex in the society.
“Many critics based their argument against the practices of homosexual on the passion for religious extremism. “To take it a little further, for something to be considered wrong in even the most primitive society, the onus of proving harm should be on the accuser. “Since gays and lesbians do not cause harm to the society as a whole or other individuals within that society, there is no issue of right or wrong. “In Nigeria today, same-sex sexual activities is illegal according to Chapter 21, Articles 214 and 217 of the Nigerian penal code and can be punished by imprisonment of up to 14 years throughout Nigeria. “Narconon Nigeria describes this as inhuman and unfair justification to the persons involved in the same sex activities,” Narconon said, adding that it is a non-governmental organization involved in the fight against drug abuse, human rights abuse and crime. The activists called on the Nigerian government to leave gays and lesbians alone and focus on the fight against insecurity and poverty. “Narconon Nigeria believes the government needs to pay more attention to insecurity (terrorism & kidnapping), economic instability, corruption, education, health, unemployment, drug trafficking and abuse, organised crime etc. “The country has gradually fallen into the hands of criminal gangs, who as ubiquitous as they are, are mushrooming at alarming proportion, while the government seems not to be paying attention to the rapacious consequences they are wreaking and could wreak on the society at large. The government seems not to be interested in real reforms,” Narconon said.

http://nigeria24news.com/2012/05/nigerian-gays-in-uk/

I am posting this in the Politics section, because the Nigerian Government has chosen to politicise this aspect of human sexuality.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Gbawe: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2012
The activists called on the Nigerian government to leave gays and lesbians alone and focus on the fight against insecurity and poverty.

I tend to agree with this. I don't know how hounding Gays and Lesbians has become top priority for a Government facing many serious and extremely pressing issues.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by sweetgala(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2012
It's a ploy of under-performing legislators and politicians to remove the focus of poor Nigerians from greatest issues keeping them from improving by introducing such laws and bamboozle the populace who are mostly religious extremists. Common sense is not a trait I've seen with even the most educated and advanced Nigerians.
I've enough issues bothering me and thorns pricking the sole of my foot to worry about homosexuals, nah get dem life let live it tell their story at the end . Each man would plead his/her case before God in the end of days.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by AustineE1: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2012
..in as much as we want good roads,security of life and properties,adequate electricity supply,food security,clean water,jobs etc the govt shld also do everything posible to prevent our citizenry in indulging in this worst form of moral decadence,sodomized and demonically induced western form of sexual freedom!NO to LGBTs in Nigeria!we dont need fagg*ts!wallow in your so called advance western impunity culture,dont bring it back home,we already have a lot of problems in our hands,we wont accomodate it!..i wonder how the Homo's wld ve made it to this world without their parents having a conjugal relationship!!guess they wouldnt ve existed in the first place,so go and bury your immoral dirty feelings.who cares!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2012
These guys are jokers of monumental proportion.

So who is hounding who??
The guys who turned up at the Nigerian Embassy in the UK? Or the legislators enjoying their loot while on recess??
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by sweetgala(m): 10:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
The two above I have pity on your souls, God never gave humans the right to choose for others but everyman free will. As believers it is ones duty to preach the gospel of Christ and most importantly not to judge but to show love and care through which the graciousness and mercy of God can shine. If you still difficulty dealing with homosexuality you have one more grace from God " avoid the company of sinners" 1cor 5:9

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 12, 2012
Why are they all ugly
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by 2mch(m): 12:11am On Sep 12, 2012
pDude: Why are they all ugly
pDude: Why are they all ugly

I think most annoying is the cross dressing thing. Especially with the women. If you don't want a man, why do you want a girl that pretends and acts like she's a man. I don't get it!!! tongue grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2012
You know what, can we not do this now?
Nigeria is at war. We have priorities.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by AustineE1: 7:34am On Sep 12, 2012
sweet_gala: The two above I have pity on your souls, God never gave humans the right to choose for others but everyman free will. As believers it is ones duty to preach the gospel of Christ and most importantly not to judge but to show love and care through which the graciousness and mercy of God can shine. If you still difficulty dealing with homosexuality you have one more grace from God " avoid the company of sinners" 1cor 5:9
my bible tells me that the major reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah,was because the people at that time indulged in this evil intimacy known as homosexualism!you still havent answered my questn,how cld they the Homo's ve made it to this world,if their parents were gays?i need an answer?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 12, 2012
I‘ve always knew this gbawe of a guy is gay.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by pazienza(m): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2012
Austine.E:

my bible tells me that the major reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah,was because the people at that time indulged in this evil intimacy known as homosexualism!you still havent answered my questn,how cld they the Homo's ve made it to this world,if their parents were gays?i need an answer?

Am not a xtian,but it's obvious that you are a poor bible student. Sodom and gomorrah was destroyed because of selfishness and lack of hospitality of it's citizens towards outsiders,and not because of homosexualism. Ezekiel 16 vs 49-50,told everyone who care to know,what the sins of sodom were.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by pazienza(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2012
lucenzo: I‘ve always knew this gbawe of a guy is gay.

Going by this your logic,for supporting biafra,wole soyinka must have been a biafran,and all those white pple that supported black civil right movements in the US must have been blacks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Demdem(m): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2012
na by force, we dont ant gays in our society. They should remain where they are.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2012
They should better remain outside the shores of nigeria and protest! The day they try protesting in nigeria,I personally will shoot them all! angry
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by sweetgala(m): 10:21am On Sep 12, 2012
I don't care how they cam to be , they are obviously born of a woman but the fact is they grew and learned to make the decisions which they choose and which can't be denied them.
The main reasons essay leave them be is

1. Hostility and vilifying them would not convert or help them

2. Is it your choice, how dare a creation of God impose himself and his values forcefully and shamefully on an equal creation of God. That itself a sin, as some of so called xtiains above have committed the capital sin of Hate. ( hate sin not the sinner)

3. The inability of Nigerians to understand difference and be civil to another is at the core of all our problems. Tribalism and all sorts of discrimination exist on NL , people just want to attack something different.
Because they are not like you doesn't mean they can't do their thing,as long as they don't harm anyone else, and pose no danger. You don't need to like it or give support to their activities but let em be.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Callotti: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2012
Glad to know I have met and seen better looking gay people.
Only the Nigerian ones in the UK will look like homeless pick-pockets.
Sheeeeeeeeeeesh
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by AustineE1: 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2012
pazienza:

Am not a xtian,but it's obvious that you are a poor bible student. Sodom and gomorrah was destroyed because of selfishness and lack of hospitality of it's citizens towards outsiders,and not because of homosexualism. Ezekiel 16 vs 49-50,told everyone who care to know,what the sins of sodom were.
you really dont need to tell me that you are nt a christain,of course i know you are nt one! a true christain knows the evil of homosexualism and every christain knows that the main reason why sodom and gomorrah was destroyed,was because of this unholy intimacy act of homosexualism as stated in the bible....btw the word 'sodomy',was coined out from the tragic event of that time.you may also google the word 'sodomy' for clearer explanatn!
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by strangest(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2012
Yackkkk!!! You mean to tell me that a man can sleep with a man and it sounds very okay? That's really sick!! You guys go out there to the western world and you want to bring a stupid and unaccepted life here in Nigeria,Africa. You want our children to learn and live like you poking each other in the nyash. Abegii una need deliverance because all these na work of the devil. Make una remain in the western world with una f@ggot life.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by danjohn: 8:21pm On Sep 12, 2012
Gbawe:

I tend to agree with this. I don't know how hounding Gays and Lesbians has become top priority for a Government facing many serious and extremely pressing issues.

I cannot agree with you more.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by sweetgala(m): 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
It's not about bringing a foreign activities to Nigeria, but enacting the principles of democracy, which allows all men freedom to choose.
I cant claim to be able to stand two gays engaging Intimately but I know to look away.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by queensmith: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2012
I just want to know what the I in LGBTI written on the banner stands for? Incestuous?
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by pazienza(m): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Austine.E:

you really dont need to tell me that you are nt a christain,of course i know you are nt one! a true christain knows the evil of homosexualism and every christain knows that the main reason why sodom and gomorrah was destroyed,was because of this unholy intimacy act of homosexualism as stated in the bible....btw the word 'sodomy',was coined out from the tragic event of that time.you may also google the word 'sodomy' for clearer explanatn!

The word 'sodomy' was coined by ignorant bigots like you,it has nothing to do with why sodom was destroyed. Go back and read that part of the old testament i refered you to.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by AustineE1: 4:11am On Sep 15, 2012
pazienza:

The word 'sodomy' was coined by ignorant bigots like you,it has nothing to do with why sodom was destroyed. Go back and read that part of the old testament i refered you to.
why do i have this feelings that you are piteous, your situation is pathetic,nt only that you are a f*ggot but also agnostic!....double wahala for dead body!
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by ochallo: 7:16am On Sep 15, 2012
Austine.E:
..in as much as we want good roads,security of life and properties,adequate electricity supply,food security,clean water,jobs etc the govt shld also do everything posible to prevent our citizenry in indulging in this worst form of moral decadence,sodomized and demonically induced western form of sexual freedom!NO to LGBTs in Nigeria!we dont need fagg*ts!wallow in your so called advance western impunity culture,dont bring it back home,we already have a lot of problems in our hands,we wont accomodate it!..i wonder how the Homo's wld ve made it to this world without their parents having a conjugal relationship!!guess they wouldnt ve existed in the first place,so go and bury your immoral dirty feelings.who cares!

The sin of fornication and adultery is the same as the sin of homosexuality. PLus, homosexuality is not western in any form, homosexuality dates as far back as civilization in Egypt that is why it was sighted in the bible and smoking was not. Homos all over the world use surrogates to give birth and they are even the ones that rush to get kids first these days. It is the height of Hypocrisy which is our watchword in Nigeria and it was reportedly used to witch hunt some powerful politicians which are closeted gays. The worst of these things is that gays are made to marry heterosexually while still involved in homosexual relations, this happened recently to a woman who discovered her husband was. What 2 men do with themselves in their bedroom is nobody's business, until we nigerians learn to stop hypocrisy and tackle corruption ingrown in the mind of Nigerians we are not going anywhere. The harm that corruption has done to Nigeria and is still doing, homosexuality can not in a billion years.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 15, 2012
How many Nigerians are homosexuals?

How many Nigerians lack quality education, quality health care, clean drinking water, good roads, light, etc.?

Seems as if some Nigerians would choose to chase away flies before killing venomous serpents.
Re: Nigerian Gays In Uk by Gbawe: 8:38am On Sep 15, 2012
pazienza:

Going by this your logic,for supporting biafra,wole soyinka must have been a biafran,and all those white pple that supported black civil right movements in the US must have been blacks.

Thank you. I will always support what I perceive to be the decent, just and equitable thing to do. I really don't care what folks conclude when I do that. To me, it is shameful that all our Politicians are only united in holier-than-thou piousness and able to move with urgency when taking on gays and lesbians.

They can never unite and move with same haste to tackle the numerous ills that plagues society and affect the majority devastatingly yet they don't see hypocrisy with how they are quick to promote the issue of Gay and lesbians to the front of the queue. This is only confirmation of the hypocrisy of our leaders and perhaps, in general, Nigerians. We really should stop deceiving ourselves.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

There Was A Country, There Was Starvation- Pini Jason / We Are Not Useless In The North By Amshi / Historic Day In Nigeria And On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.