Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,672 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Lagosians Be Careful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Be Careful (1246 Views)

Fashola Addresses Lagosians: Be Part Of Nigeria’s March To Positive Change / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan / Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Be Careful by velo10: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2012
Lagosians be Careful.

A friend told me about an unfortunate encounter he had in the hands of area boys in Lagos. He was in Idumota about to board where he could get a bus to Yaba at around 4pm. While on his way to the location, 2 guys came in his front with some papers and begged for his attention. They brought out Id cards identifying themselves as a Lagos State lottery organisation and pointed to their bus which had a small banner on it. They now told my friend to pick 7 numbers from a list. He did. They now told him that he his choice entitled him to win a LG home theatre and a medium sized generator at a give away prize. They calculated his pay to be
N20,000.00 for those items.

My friend couldnt believe his luck. He told them he didnt have money on him, they advised he tried an atm if he has the money so he does not lose out. My friend now went to the atm, withdrew N20,000.00 and came to pay them. They took him to the said corner where their bus was. When he got there with them he paid them, he now requested for his items. they now presented him to a guy who they called chairman. The so-called chairman looked at the list of numbers that he chose, then said there's no way these numbers won a gen set and a LG media center. He said my friend was entitled to a tiny standing fan alone.

My friend now requested for his money back. They said, it cannot happen. Only for my friend to turn around to realise that he was getting surrounded by mean-looking area boys who began pushing him slightly. At that moment, he took a stock of his situation. He cant fight all these guys who from 2 grew to almost 15. Also calling for help would be vain as his story may sound bogus to others as he has been with these guys for close to 30 minutes. He simply walked through them and found his way to get a bus to Yaba.

I guess the moral of the story is that Lagos is getting more infested with criminal-minded touts who are getting more cunning in schemes of robbing people. If you are walking on the road, let your destination be your focus and don't even give attention to anybody you don't know.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by Demdem(m): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ur friend honestly seems to be a dumb thief IMO

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Be Careful by doctokwus: 4:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
Demdem: Ur friend honestly seems to be a dumb thief IMO
U just beat me to it.But I will modify by saying his friend is an annoying FOOL!
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by k2039: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2012
velo10:
They brought out Id cards identifying themselves as a Lagos State lottery organisation and pointed to their bus which had a small banner on it. They now told my friend to pick 7 numbers from a list. He did.

My friend couldnt believe his luck. He told them he didnt have money on him, they advised he tried an atm if he has the money so he does not lose out. My friend now went to the atm, withdrew N20,000.00 and came to pay them. They took him to the said corner where their bus was. When he got there with them he paid them, he now requested for his items. they now presented him to a guy who they called chairman. The so-called chairman looked at the list of numbers that he chose, then said there's no way these numbers won a gen set and a LG media center. He said my friend was entitled to a tiny standing fan alone.

Demdem: Ur friend honestly seems to be a dumb thief IMO

velo10: I guess the moral of the story is that Lagos is getting more infested with criminal-minded touts who are getting more cunning in schemes of robbing people. If you are walking on the road, let your destination be your focus and don't even give attention to anybody you don't know.

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by OilCabal: 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2012
This cant happen if u have the brand new range rover evoque >>>like i do.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by velo10: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2012
The fact is my friend messed up, but that doesnt mean I will call him names. I started this thread so people be careful and not fall for broad day robberies like that incited by mouth-watering offers.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by courage89(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sad story...

The earlier our leaders understand that culture is everything in this world, the better they will be at solving these fundamental challenges that continues to plow our economy into dangerous zone. Positive culture that rewards entrepreneurs, athletes, clergyman based on innovation, perseverance, hardwork, ...can/will create a better culture and make this world a better place.

But when you have thriving negative culture built on corruption, scamming, robbery, cheating, nepotism...the culture will continue to strengthen and the result is continuous lawlessness, chaos and breakdown of law and order.

It follows the logic of production accumulation. The more you scam people and the better you get, the more people want to be like you because of the reward. Same for positive culture...

Our leaders need to wake up and rise up to the task of changing this prevalent negative culture that is killing our economy and turn it into a more productive one before it is too late.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by Biggyd2: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
He must be new in Lagos.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 11, 2012
[size=14pt]Moral: If it looks too good to be true...it definitely aren't true.[/size]
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by DisGuy: 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2012
so did your friend take the STANDING FAN he just bought? grin

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Be Careful by danjohn: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2012
There is one golden rule in life that I believe with all my heart: "if it sounds too good to be true then it is."

Your story made me laugh. Your friend is what my high school principal will call a "swegbe." My childhood friends will call him a "dodoyo." While my vice principal would have called him a "dundie united."

Well for me I will simply say that we all have stories of when people pushed our "mumu buttons" and made us to do dumb things. Your friend was wise to have walked away when he did.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by Jakumo(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2012
velo10:

The so-called chairman looked at the list of numbers that he chose, then said there's no way these numbers won a gen set and a LG media center. He said my friend was entitled to a tiny standing fan alone.

A tiny standing fan for 20 thousand naira sounds like one heck of a deal. Please can someone tell me who to pay for my order of a couple of dozen tiny standing fans ?

The Chairman ha ha ha ha. Damn, I didn't know a 20 thousand naira deal would involve a damn CHAIRMAN ha ha ha ha.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by DisGuy: 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
Jakumo:

A tiny standing fan for 20 thousand naira sounds like one heck of a deal. Please can someone tell me who to pay for my order of a couple of dozen tiny standing fans ?

The Chairman ha ha ha ha. Damn, I didn't know a 20 thousand naira deal would involve a damn CHAIRMAN ha ha ha ha.

it's called customer service mate!!! Lmao

when the chairman personally attends to you himself!!! grin grin

they should get a gold star for customer service
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by velo10: 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2012
Dis Guy: so did your friend take the STANDING FAN he just bought? grin

Lol all he could do was think of collecting his money back.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by velo10: 9:21pm On Sep 11, 2012
courage89: Sad story...

The earlier our leaders understand that culture is everything in this world, the better they will be at solving these fundamental challenges that continues to plow our economy into dangerous zone. Positive culture that rewards entrepreneurs, athletes, clergyman based on innovation, perseverance, hardwork, ...can/will create a better culture and make this world a better place.

But when you have thriving negative culture built on corruption, scamming, robbery, cheating, nepotism...the culture will continue to strengthen and the result is continuous lawlessness, chaos and breakdown of law and order.

It follows the logic of production accumulation. The more you scam people and the better you get, the more people want to be like you because of the reward. Same for positive culture...

Our leaders need to wake up and rise up to the task of changing this prevalent negative culture that is killing our economy and turn it into a more productive one before it is too late.

Yeah you stated a great fact. We're dwelling in a legacy of corruption
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Your friend na typical jjc. lmao.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by superior1: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
Your friend is a mumu of the highest caliber
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by geeez: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Do people still fall for cheap omo Igbo tricks like these?
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by slimming: 12:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
Your friend is rich to fall to such joke.
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by donbuchi1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2012
your friend was just greedy. EOD lipsrsealed
Re: Lagosians Be Careful by velo10: 5:25am On Sep 14, 2012
don buchi: your friend was just greedy. EOD lipsrsealed
I told him that exactly

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Day: GEJ Actually Had A Shoe. / All Suicide Bombers Shall Be Tormented With Bombs In Hell Fire Forever, Gumi / Fayemi: NGF Election Was Free And Fair, Too Late To Abort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.