Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed (28131 Views)

Security Beefed Up Around Diezani After Cancer Surgery / Heavy Security Beefed Up Around Diezani After Cancer Surgery In London / Security Beefed Up At Lagos Airport After Boko Haram Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Idileke: 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2012
SaharaReporters has learned that security measures have been strengthened in volatile Northern Nigerian cities in order to guard against the kind of violence in Libya last night which claimed the life of the United States ambassador to that country.  

Reports said that Ambassador J Christopher Stevens and four other Americans were killed when militants, incensed about a US-produced film seen as having insulted Prophet Muhammad, attacked the Consulate with bombs and guns.

A top security chief in Northern Nigeria said that the heads of military and police commands in Kaduna, Kano, Sokoto, Borno, Bauchi, Plateau, Yobe, Adamawa, Gombe, Kebbi, Niger and Katsina States have been put on red alert against any protests that could generate into violence.

It was also gathered that they were instructed to bar any open demonstrations by religious groups, or political activities that could provide an opportunity for hostilities.

The source added that the latest development coincides with warnings of attempts by an unknown terrorist group to wage terrorist attacks in Sokoto.  Speculations to that effect have been rife in the area.
SaharaReporters has also exclusively gathered that all United States citizens on official assignments in troubled parts of Northern Nigeria have been alerted to be security conscious, and to take precaution.  A source in Abuja said the measure was taken as a means of making sure all US citizens are safe.

A diplomatic source who did not want to be identified said that other embassies in Nigeria, particularly those of the Western countries, have also taken similar measures.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/security-beefed-northern-nigeria-over-movie-prophet-mohammed
Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2012
So because of the actions of some American movie producer, we can't live in peace. These people know Muslims are sensitive to their religion, why do they still aggravate them?

17 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Basic(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2012
Why won't they just let the Muslims be?

5 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by teskyg: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
I quit been a Muslim after the Danish Cartoon riot in the North.I faced a lot of hostility from my Family.Today,I found the real peace in Jesus Christ.Pls,join me.

159 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2012
Those terrorists are cowards. We need to be proactive. Good move.
Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
teskyg: I quit been a Muslim after the Danish Cartoon riot in the North.I faced a lot of hostility from my Family.Today,I found the real peace in Jesus Christ.Pls,join me.
I'm really happy for you, bro. Cheers!

20 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by executinal(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2012
For fear of BOKO BOYS grin grin cheesy
Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
Gd will punish this people if they decide to attack any Christian or Igbo up North. Na we produce movie?

9 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Neftanga: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
EvEn iF tHeY wAnT tO kIlL,wHy cAn'T tHeY aTtAcK tHoSe iNvOlvEd iN tHe pRoDuCtIoN oF tHe fIlM?. WhY mUsT tHe iNnOcEnT sUfFer?

IN SoMe rElIgIoNs, iF tHeIr sUpReMe bEiNg iS mAlIgNeD/dIsPaRaGeD, He fIgHts fOr hImSeLf aNd nOt jUsT mOrTal mEn!!

8 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Opoki(m): 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2012
This post has been hidden

4 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by akereconfi: 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2012
They produced anoda version of Passion of Christ.......that portray Jesus as GAY.. Atleast....xtains didnt attack anybody neither did they carry guns........
Why is it that all these MUSLIM fellas are so Volatile. Make una wait U S drones, dem go deal wf una as dem deal wf una ph**king muslim brothers in Iraq n Afghanistan

19 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Opoki(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
they don remove subsidy for Virgin, na just 30 dem dey give.

16 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by DonHummer(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hidden my post
b4 dey will blow me up

2 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by DonHummer(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2012
D knd of behaviour muslims normaly portray @ d mention of deir prophets nam..givs me d impression dat al muslims are potential terrorist...nawa oo...jesus is lord

5 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by teskyg: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
Why do some group of people choose to remain in d Dark ages.I recalled how my Muslims friends rushed to buy Da Vinci Code when it was released into the Market and made it a topic of discusion at every gathering.The producer of that Movie could be neither a Christain or Muslim.

I always maintained that people arrested in previous carnage has not been prosecuted to serve as deterant to others.They were always left on the hook and are recycled to perpuate further violence.The Boko haram built up picked up gradually because most of the culprits arrested in past religious violence were left to roam the street rather that rot in Jailed.We focus to much energy on the Executive and Legislature.Let's begin to ask our Judiciary what has been their contribution to the growth of this country apart from delivering Salami kind of Judjement to politicians?

7 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2012
Oops. I've quit posting about Islam and muslims. Only Jesus saves

2 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by pomohs(m): 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2012
muslims are peace loving people and the situatn can be managed in sha allah

13 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Maxymilliano(m): 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
This Islamic fanatics and their sympathisers have no place in this modern society, they should be moved over to Mars where they belong to continue excercising their caveman mentality and intolerance.

3 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by sholarb(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
When will these folks learn that two wrongs don't make a right?? Na wa oooo... undecided
Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by espn(m): 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2012
teskyg: Why do some group of people choose to remain in d Dark ages.I recalled how my Muslims friends rushed to buy Da Vinci Code when it was released into the Market and made it a topic of discusion at every gathering.The producer of that Movie could be neither a Christain or Muslim.

I always maintained that people arrested in previous carnage has not been prosecuted to serve as deterant to others.They were always left on the hook and are recycled to perpuate further violence.The Boko haram built up picked up gradually because most of the culprits arrested in past religious violence were left to roam the street rather that rot in Jailed.We focus to much energy on the Executive and Legislature.Let's begin to ask our Judiciary what has been their contribution to the growth of this country apart from delivering Salami kind of Judjement to politicians?
hee dull head da vincin code wasn't written by a muslim..idiot use ur brain..dis stupid film was writtn..produced by xtains..so wtf r u saying prick!

7 Likes

Re: Security Beefed-Up In The North Over Movie On Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
As a christian, I must say that it is faulty to joke with someone's belief like that in a nasty movie... calling Prophet MOhammed (SAW) a womanizer, no respect of woman and citizens and stuffs of... When i watched the clip on Youtube, I said to myself... they called for it because they should know aforehand that it should call far war at least...

Youtube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AccGMUIQQRE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSlPE04Ubt4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfcq8TUOO0

CTPOST.com
The protests weree touched off by an obscure movie made in the United States by a filmmaker who calls Islam a "cancer." Video excerpts posted on YouTube depict the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a madman in an overtly ridiculing way, showing him having sex and calling for massacres.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/US-ambassador-killed-in-consulate-attack-in-Libya-3856652.php#ixzz26HLCf8w7

Earlier on PressTv, I heard hillary clinton saying How could this happen in a country we helped liberate? In a city we helped save from destruction?

That statement says a lot... God knows who instigated all that happened there.

It is well.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Borno Gov., Shettima Cry At Meeting With Buhari Over Recent Boko Haram Attacks / Dolapo Osinbajo, Toyin Saraki, Bolanle Ambode At HID Awolowo's Burial (photos) / Tinubu Is Not Sponsoring #ENDSARS Protesters – Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.