Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Nigeria And Committees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Committees (813 Views)

Hembe And Madaki Exchange Slaps Over ‘Juicy’ Committees / PDP Senators Get Juicy Appointments As Saraki Names Committees / Saraki Announces Names Of Chairmen Of Committees..see List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Committees by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:01am On Sep 13, 2012
Some people in government apparently see committees as the panacea for all of Nigeria's problems. These people set up committees with wild abandon.

But checkout what some folks make of committees:

A committee is a group of the unprepared, appointed by the unwilling to do the unnecessary.

-Fred Allen

A committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours.

-Milton Berle

If you see a snake, just kill it - don't appoint a committee on snakes.

-Ross Perot

A committee is an animal with four back legs.

-John le Carre

Committee - a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done.

-Fred Allen

If you want to kill any idea in the world, get a committee working on it.

-Charles Kettering

A committee is organic rather than mechanical in its nature: it is not a structure but a plant. It takes root and grows, it flowers, wilts, and dies, scattering the seed from which other committees will bloom in their turn.

-C. Northcote Parkinson

'Referring the matter to a committee' can be a device for diluting authority, diffusing responsibility and delaying decisions.

-Anthony Jay

Sometimes I wonder if Nigeria is really a democracy or a kakistocracy? undecided

What do you make of committees?
Re: Nigeria And Committees by domack99(m): 8:03am On Sep 13, 2012
wow, i see reason why we never move forward, this is serious
Re: Nigeria And Committees by ArQueBusieR(m): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2012
domack99: wow, i see reason why we never move forward, this is serious
You can say that again.
Re: Nigeria And Committees by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Thoughts On The Structure Of Nigeria’s Federation; By Alhaji Atiku A / ACN Sold Ribadu’s Presidency Bid To Goodluck Jonathan For N16 Billion / One Of My Nigerian Heroes : Wole Soyinka Speaks On Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.