Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! (1233 Views)

How Nigeria Is Growing South Africa's Economy / #wonderful :: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Africa's Economy / Nigeria's Economy May Out Grow South Africa's Economy By 2012 - Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by igbo2011(m): 4:58am On Sep 13, 2012
I have an idea that will develop Africa's economy. Check out this site that I created www.africanedp.com

If millions of people inside and out of Africa can follow these rules then Africa's economy can get better. This will create thousands of jobs and it will make Africa safer. When people have jobs then there will be fewer crimes. Here are 6 simple things that Africans can do to make the economy better.

1. Buy African clothes
2. Go to tourism in Africa.
3. Watch African sports leagues
4. Invest in Africa
5. Buy African products
6. Buy African art

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/African-Economic-Development-Plan/278164788911610

Follow us on twitter: @africanedp

Ever since the beginning of this year, I have only bought African clothes and products. I plan on doing all 6 of these things once I get more money.
I am sick of seeing Africans spending millions of dollars on European and American clothes. If we spend this same money on African clothes then more people will become tailors and this will create jobs. I see many Africans going to tourism in outside of Africa and they spend thousands abroad. If they did tourism inside the continent then this will put a lot of money into the economies. We need to buy Innoson cars instead of Ford. Toyota didn’t become great out of nowhere, many Asians supported them and they finally got big. Africans need to support Innoson so it can become as big as Toyota. We import too many cars and this make forex (foreign exchange) leave Nigeria. When forex leaves then our currency becomes weaker. We need to gain foreign exchange so our currency becomes stronger. we need to be producing our cars and exporting them.

There are companies that produce shoes and clothes that are all manufactured in Africa as well If we support them and work together we can build the economy. Too much money is leaving Africa and I am promoting Intra-African trade. Right now Africa only has 2% of global trade. If we can improve this to 10% then poverty will be alleviated, jobs created, better healthcare, better education, and less crime.

By casualizing African clothes and wearing it more often than to special occasions this will develop the economy. Instead of wearing dress pants and a dress shirt and tie, wear African clothes to work, school, events, and other functions.

If you know any companies that PRODUCE in Africa then let me know so I can add them. Also give me ideas to make the site better. Email me at info@africanedp.com

This is just the beginning, I have only Kenya, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Ghana but i want to go to other countries.

Please post this on your facebook or twitter page so more people can know about it. I am not making any money off this site, I am actually losing money but I love Africa so much I am willing to lose money to develop the continent!!

Thank You!!

2 Likes

Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by AjanleKoko: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2012
^^
Nice concept, but more of a dream, I'm afraid.

1 Like

Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by redsun(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2012
You didn't mention the most important,getting of rid of role models like obj.Anybody that reasons like him must go for nigeria to ever make sense.

Apes must be overthrown in Africa.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by AjanleKoko: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2012
redsun: You didn't mention the most important,getting of rid of role models like obj.Anybody that reasons like him must go for nigeria to ever make sense.

Surprisingly, I agree.
The only thing African need to focus on right now, is getting the old criminals out of office. Possibly out of this world sef.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 13, 2012
redsun: You didn't mention the most important,getting of rid of role models like obj.Anybody that reasons like him must go for nigeria to ever make sense.

This is it. We need tackle the FUNDAMENTAL problem first.

We need Social, Moral and Mental Revolutions first and foremost.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by igbo2011(m): 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Olodostein:

This is it. We need tackle the FUNDAMENTAL problem first.

We need Social, Moral and Mental Revolutions first and foremost.

I agree with you. There are other sites to free yourself from mental enslavement. Go to facebook and search freedom from mental slavery or reunion of the black family worldwide. Those pages talk and make you aware of things. Nake you conscious but my page is for actions that we can do to fix things.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by dasparrow: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2012
@Post

I agree with you 100%. I already made a resolution not to spend my money anyhow here in america anymore. I have already promised myself that I will be purchasing African art and decor in Nigeria and around Africa when it comes time to furnish the house I will be building. In regards to tourism, I will travel to other African countries on vacation. I will also have African tailors sew/make my clothes. This is a very good initiative and I will be checking out the website link you posted.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2012
igbo2011:

I agree with you. There are other sites to free yourself from mental enslavement. Go to facebook and search freedom from mental slavery or reunion of the black family worldwide. Those pages talk and make you aware of things. Nake you conscious but my page is for actions that we can do to fix things.

Your Ideas are great. I admire your proactive nature. But we also need to make our people see FUNDAMENTAL reasons on why our locally made products are the best.

For instance, there is an offshoot of fast food joints springing up here and there that sells all those western processed foods like french fries and all those Junks. Our people are so mentally brainwashed to think that everything western is right and so they start patronizing them in huge numbers, even bragging about it ! So, they abandon our local foods for these junks, thereby encriching the importers of foreign foods to our local growers.

I tell people around me who care to listen that see people, these junk "civilized" foods expose your body to various diseases because its original nutrients and medicinal properties have been reduced through processing and with all the sugar, saturated fats and salts,etc. I make them understand that our local vegetables like Ewedu, Utazi, Aleho,Nchonwu, bitterleaf and so on are rich in vitamins, anti-oxidants, minerals and other beneficial things that helps our immune system to ward off diseases ( there was an extensive research done to this end, i will post the link later). So if you want to eat out with your babe or perhaps family, go to one clean mama put joint. These gives them concrete reasons to keep buying our locally grown foods which inturn helps our economy and farmers. A lot have taken heed. One even went to the extent of planting vegetables in his backyard instead of interlocking his whole compound.

It is not uncommon to find foreign canned foods in many supermarkets especially in our big cities. When I go to a supermarket to buy stuff, the few things i buy from them are Chinese green tea( they have been using it for thousands of years), flax seed and sometimes olive oil - which are not grown in Nigeria. I believe that there must be some foods that can rival the properties of these rare imported items that i buy from these supermarkets. Sesame seed oil rivals olive oil; which Northern Nigeria have in abundant, amongst others etc. There is a report that says about 400 leaves and herbs are yet to be explored in our forests.

The chinese are dominating restaurant business in the US as much as the Indians and other East Asians are doing in the UK. These are people the west used to call rice, grass and curry eaters. Now they see it as classy and healthy dinning at their restaurants because their foods are healthy and natural.

The last time i visited home. My grandmother was telling me how some of our vegetables are becoming extinct because people shy away from growing them. There is an ecovillage in denmark that was built recently with mud. If I could recall, there was a time Westerners mocked us for having mud houses. The funny thing is that mud houses last longer and reduces the use of some raw materials and should be encouraged to be used by our building contractors which inturn creats jobs and helps our local economy. And for the most part, mud is readily available locally.

On many fronts, our local products have great advantages than foreign ones. But we must give people concrete reasons. Not just telling them to patronize our locally made goods. Because if we manufacturers and marketers don't pioneer and include local concept more into our products, it will be difficult to compete with foreign ones unless we want to practice protectionism.

In terms of softwares and other information technology products - this will dominate 21century market - we can incooperate local concept in building applications and all that. For example, i read an article on the Economist website about how the Kenyans used their own version of Molue and portholes to produce a game which was downloaded by millions of people around the world. They also used a local concept to develop mobile banking application which has been adopted by far away India and other countries.

If we propagate the properties of our great foods, before you know it, people from other continents out there will start trooping to African Restaurants swallowing tuwo chinkafa, akpu and amala with their barehands.....

Our people are so fixated on anything foreign that telling them to buy African stuffs alone without its fundamental benefits besides helping the economy will be a mirage to them.

All in all. Anything can happen.

Sorry for the long tori......

1 Like

Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by AjanleKoko: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
^^
I don't think people are fixated on foreign stuff. Not at all.
It's just that the local stuff is no longer available. People aren't into agriculture, local factories do not produce African-style fabric, etc. The few local producers, like Chi, are doing incredibly well in the market.

Also, people don't shop in supermarkets, not by a long shot. Long and short of it is, the picture isn't that bad just yet.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
I don't think people are fixated on foreign stuff. Not at all.
It's just that the local stuff is no longer available. People aren't into agriculture, local factories do not produce African-style fabric, etc. The few local producers, like Chi, are doing incredibly well in the market.

Also, people don't shop in supermarkets, not by a long shot. Long and short of it is, the picture isn't that bad just yet.

You are right to a degree. But we should understand that the degredation of local products contributed to people shying away from them.

I know people who are into importation of these foreign food stuffs and beverages and their business is booming. Some even import common sweets and all that. Supermarkets are already putting petty traders out of business in many places. Even walmart is talking of establishing here.

Supermarkets are great and all that but they should be filled with local products to encourage petty traders to go back to agriculture to supply them.

Between, I do business on the ground....
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by AjanleKoko: 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
Olodostein:

You are right to a degree. But we should understand that the degredation of local products contributed to people shying away from them.

I know people who are into importation of these foreign food stuffs and beverages and their business is booming. Some even import common sweets and all that. Supermarkets are already putting petty traders out of business in many places. Even walmart is talking of establishing here.

Supermarkets are great and all that but they should be filled with local products to encourage petty traders to go back to agriculture to supply them.

Between, I do business on the ground....

There's nothing wrong with importation of some foods. Most countries import some grocery item from somewhere.
But the staples consumed by most people comes from the local market. What we don't produce, like American Long Grain rice, and wheat, is imported. Which is fine, but expensive, since government subsidizes their importation.

It's not as bad as people make it seem.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by igbo2011(m): 6:13am On Sep 14, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I agree with you 100%. I already made a resolution not to spend my money anyhow here in america anymore. I have already promised myself that I will be purchasing African art and decor in Nigeria and around Africa when it comes time to furnish the house I will be building. In regards to tourism, I will travel to other African countries on vacation. I will also have African tailors sew/make my clothes. This is a very good initiative and I will be checking out the website link you posted.

At the time being I am in America and while I am here I make sure a lot of my money goes into African or black businesses to build the community and keep it afloat. All other ethnicities do this besides us. Due to self-hatre and disunity. Hpefully people can follow people like you and I to build our great nations back.

Olodostein:

Your Ideas are great. I admire your proactive nature. But we also need to make our people see FUNDAMENTAL reasons on why our locally made products are the best.

For instance, there is an offshoot of fast food joints springing up here and there that sells all those western processed foods like french fries and all those Junks. Our people are so mentally brainwashed to think that everything western is right and so they start patronizing them in huge numbers, even bragging about it ! So, they abandon our local foods for these junks, thereby encriching the importers of foreign foods to our local growers.

I tell people around me who care to listen that see people, these junk "civilized" foods expose your body to various diseases because its original nutrients and medicinal properties have been reduced through processing and with all the sugar, saturated fats and salts,etc. I make them understand that our local vegetables like Ewedu, Utazi, Aleho,Nchonwu, bitterleaf and so on are rich in vitamins, anti-oxidants, minerals and other beneficial things that helps our immune system to ward off diseases ( there was an extensive research done to this end, i will post the link later). So if you want to eat out with your babe or perhaps family, go to one clean mama put joint. These gives them concrete reasons to keep buying our locally grown foods which inturn helps our economy and farmers. A lot have taken heed. One even went to the extent of planting vegetables in his backyard instead of interlocking his whole compound.

It is not uncommon to find foreign canned foods in many supermarkets especially in our big cities. When I go to a supermarket to buy stuff, the few things i buy from them are Chinese green tea( they have been using it for thousands of years), flax seed and sometimes olive oil - which are not grown in Nigeria. I believe that there must be some foods that can rival the properties of these rare imported items that i buy from these supermarkets. Sesame seed oil rivals olive oil; which Northern Nigeria have in abundant, amongst others etc. There is a report that says about 400 leaves and herbs are yet to be explored in our forests.

The chinese are dominating restaurant business in the US as much as the Indians and other East Asians are doing in the UK. These are people the west used to call rice, grass and curry eaters. Now they see it as classy and healthy dinning at their restaurants because their foods are healthy and natural.

The last time i visited home. My grandmother was telling me how some of our vegetables are becoming extinct because people shy away from growing them. There is an ecovillage in denmark that was built recently with mud. If I could recall, there was a time Westerners mocked us for having mud houses. The funny thing is that mud houses last longer and reduces the use of some raw materials and should be encouraged to be used by our building contractors which inturn creats jobs and helps our local economy. And for the most part, mud is readily available locally.

On many fronts, our local products have great advantages than foreign ones. But we must give people concrete reasons. Not just telling them to patronize our locally made goods. Because if we manufacturers and marketers don't pioneer and include local concept more into our products, it will be difficult to compete with foreign ones unless we want to practice protectionism.

In terms of softwares and other information technology products - this will dominate 21century market - we can incooperate local concept in building applications and all that. For example, i read an article on the Economist website about how the Kenyans used their own version of Molue and portholes to produce a game which was downloaded by millions of people around the world. They also used a local concept to develop mobile banking application which has been adopted by far away India and other countries.

If we propagate the properties of our great foods, before you know it, people from other continents out there will start trooping to African Restaurants swallowing tuwo chinkafa, akpu and amala with their barehands.....

Our people are so fixated on anything foreign that telling them to buy African stuffs alone without its fundamental benefits besides helping the economy will be a mirage to them.

All in all. Anything can happen.

Sorry for the long tori......
It was a great read. You are right but we need POWER and Barth Nnaji resigned so we might be screwed sad
But keep on supporting and promoting black businesses and make people more aware of the economy so we can build our nation again. I am sick of having my cousins asking me for money. I want them to have great opportunities too. We must put our money into the African Economy.

But you are right it will be hard to get people to patronize just because it is African.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by Rossikk(m): 6:28am On Sep 14, 2012
AjanleKoko: ^^
Nice concept, but more of a dream, I'm afraid.

Every achievement started .... with a dream.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by igbo2011(m): 8:34am On Sep 15, 2012
Rossikk:

Every achievement started .... with a dream.

I am trying to start a movement but this cannot even be front page it. But they will front page music or other things that won't develop the economy. All we do is complain and blame the government. Iss the government making you send your kids outside ofAfrica for school? Buy Italian clothes? French champagne? German cars? American technology? NOOOOO We choose this and we don't invest to make our own.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2012
igbo2011:

I am trying to start a movement but this cannot even be front page it. But they will front page music or other things that won't develop the economy. All we do is complain and blame the government. Iss the government making you send your kids outside ofAfrica for school? Buy Italian clothes? French champagne? German cars? American technology? NOOOOO We choose this and we don't invest to make our own.

I get your frustration. My purpose joining this forum was to contribute my quota on how we can tackle the fundamental problems that confronts us as a people. But i later discovered that it is being used as a wedge to divide and more of a Tabloid that follows "trending" stories on the internet to drive traffic.

Its about following the money. This is why hateful and shallow celebrity threads reach 20 pages within few hours.

So i am curtailing my seriousness on this forum and only use it as a medium to pass time when I am bored.

Well, as they say, to each his own. So keep trying.
Re: Here Are ACTIONS That We Can Take To Develop Africa's Economy!! by igbo2011(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
Olodostein:

I get your frustration. My purpose joining this forum was to contribute my quota on how we can tackle the fundamental problems that confronts us as a people. But i later discovered that it is being used as a wedge to divide and more of a Tabloid that follows "trending" stories on the internet to drive traffic.

Its about following the money. This is why hateful and shallow celebrity threads reach 20 pages within few hours.

So i am curtailing my seriousness on this forum and only use it as a medium to pass time when I am bored.

Well, as they say, to each his own. So keep trying.

I wish it was jusy nairaland. I pitched this idea to other black pages on facebook. But they don't want to hear solutions. They just want to complain and blame others. I'm sick of it. Just complaining all day without trying to fix any problems. We have no vision all we do is cry without trying to fix things. I bet Marcus Garvey, MLk, Queen Nzinga, Yaa Asentawaa, and other great leaders of the past are rolling over in their graves. SMH

(1) (Reply)

Col. Achuzia Say Awo And Gowon Were Behind Genocide / Nigeria's Wealth Distribution By State / I Won’t Stop Attacking Nigerian Websites –irish Hacker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.