Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' (21492 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Atiku To Obasanjo: You Would Have Rot In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Neversaydie: 9:21am On Sep 13, 2012
The ‘war’ between former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and dancehall music star, Ediris Abdulkareem over his 2004 hit track, Jaga Jaga is fast becoming a tale of ‘a child who says his mother will not sleep, he too will not sleep.” Mr. Lecturer, as fans and admirers would call him is ready to ‘dance’ with OBJ, since he’s not ready to let the sleeping dog lies.

In 2004, Abdulkareem’s third album, Jaga Jaga, which lamented the corruption and suffering in Nigeria was banned from playing on radio by Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo, although, it continued playing in nightclubs and parties.

Since then, many thought the case had been interred and faded into a cultural pot of time, only to resurface recently at a forum in Lagos when the retired military general lambasted the singer again, an indication that his indignation towards the Kano-born crooner is still raging and roiling.

Angered by OBJ’s comment, the singer fought back through his twit account, by calling the Ota farmer his ‘mugu.’ He tweeted: ‘It’s obvious that Obasanjo can’t do without me. I’m his joy therapy. Mr ex-president, Nigeria still dey jagajaga, in fact worse pass jagajaga‘, @idrisAbdulkarm twitted.

‘President Obasanjo if you truly love Goodluck as u claimed, why don’t you talk to your fellow Boko Haram member to let Goodluck rule in peace’.

Eedris didn’t stop there as he went on to call the PDP leader a ‘mugu’, ‘Mr expresident, I heard you were talking about me in ur last interview hahahahahhahah its obvious you can’t do without me. You are my mugu. Obasanjo na my mugu oooo na jeje i dey, u dey look for trouble oooo…. hahahahahhahahahahhahahah’. ‘Mr ex president, u be my mugu!’ he added.

Not still satisfied, Idris has released a new single, entitled ‘ Baba’ in his defense and to buttress his point that Nigeria is truly ‘Jaga Jaga.’

The lyric goes thus: “Papa na you born me but I no send you again because you no be good Papa,” he chants. “Which kind Papa dey oppress im pikin/Which kind Papa no like im pikin/Which kind Papa no want make im pikin grow. I tire, I never see this kind papa. For this moment I disown you/I no like you/ I dey look for another papa.”

“12 years ago Nigeria Jagajaga/Today Nigeria don pafuka/You be bad Papa/You no be fine Papa/You dey oppress pikin/Even for Abeokuta they no gbadun your style,” he says.

“I de my house dey watch television na im I see baba Ota dey yarn say my papa na yamayama/Say my mama na jagajaga. He say na Eedris be the problem of Nigeria. If you talk again, I go sing another. You say make them no give me show but I still dey survive. The road to your house for Ota na jagajaga/Make you sidon for your house make I live mylife,” he says.

The song is currently trending online as people are beginning to air their national frustration through it.

It would be recalled that Idris was one of the Remedies group before going solo. His debut album, P.A.S.S. (Pains and Stress = Success) was released in 2002 on Kennis Music. Released the same year and also on same label was Mr. Lecturer, which addressed the problem of students using money and sex to solicit higher grades in Nigerian colleges and universities. Also in 2004, Abdulkareem came to international attention as a result of a scuffle with American rapper 50 Cent on board an aircraft at Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/13/idris-fires-obasanjo-again-you-bad-papa/

2 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by MadCow1: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2012
Not this Nigga again?!!.. This grown a`ss ignorant man.. angry
With the rising cost of 'lipsrsealed ', I'm not surprised his broke a`ss is trying to get back into the music industry..

Sadly, Nigeria has no ear for rubbish music anymore..

7 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Acidosis(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2012
its not my biz..
Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by IleIfe2(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2012
[size=13pt]Useless Kano boy. Almajiri wey come Lagos come sing. Dan Banza kawai![/size]

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by floriana(m): 10:10am On Sep 13, 2012
This song will to US music chart soon and from there, Idris will win us the long-promised grammy award. Who says no hope for entertainment industry?
Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Maxymilliano(m): 10:16am On Sep 13, 2012
Can someone advise this broke ar.se nigga to keep shut his dirty mouth. It is on record he broke into limelight nd made cool money for himself during Obj's regime and yet he claimed the country is jaga jaga.

Since Obj left in 2007, has Eedris fared better in his musical career? Kennis Music has been pumping money into his dwindling career for a while now and yet no significant improvement, Obj only brought him back to our consciousness recently and which indirectly afford him another attempt at fame, yet he is busy tweeting his irrelevance in the entertainment industry... Get a life Bro.

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by superior1: 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
This guy is over rating his importance and relevance when pikin like wiz, davido etc wey dem born for him face dey rep, e dey there dey yarn nonsense. Does the fool think Obj get him time

2 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by 0ldirty: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
BOKO
Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
This Fagg*ot. I'm just so sick and tired of hearing his name. angry angry

Trying so hard to be relevant. Who said we needed such a Dimwit at this point in time. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
The more we choose to make comments on his arrant nonsensical opinions, the more dignity we give to him. Idris is a disgrace to the music industry, to grown-up men and to his Almajiri brothers

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by ebamma(m): 12:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
Idris Abdulkareem i always thought you were a good rapper,until i met Mi abaga, Ice prince and Modenine,did i realize that you are a wack rapper.

4 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by haisam: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
And hw dis will decrease the money of beans in market. Coz the price of b**ns is too exorbitant

2 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by tchaik(m): 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hate Idris as much as you like; the guy said the truth!
IS NIGERIA BETTER OFF SINCE HE SANG JAGAJAGA?

30 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2012
lol..."Another "Fele Anikulapo" in the making. Watch Out!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by miccheck57: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2012
Sadly, Nigeria has no ear for rubbish music anymore..[/i][/quote]

Did u jst say Nigeria has no ear for rubbish music anymore?... Can u show me one meaningful song in Nigeria these days?... Ok... Let's not go too far... Can u point out anyone in 2012?... Guy, radios, tv, clubs are all filled up with craps... ( ˘~˘)

15 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by micklplus(m): 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2012
Abegi, make una free the guy joor! If OBJ nor provoke Eedris, hin go talk?

Haba!!!! Since 2004!! Obj nor dey forgive??

Is Eedris lying ni? Is Nigeria still not jagajaga?

30 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by miccheck57: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
Mad Cow: Not this Nigga again?!!.. This grown a`ss ignorant man.. angry
With the rising cost of 'lipsrsealed ', I'm not surprised his broke a`ss is trying to get back into the music industry..

Sadly, Nigeria has no ear for rubbish music anymore..

Did u jst say Nigeria has no ear for rubbish music anymore?... Can u show me one meaningful song in Nigeria these days?... Ok... Let's not go too far... Can u point out anyone in 2012?... Guy, radios, tv, clubs are all filled up with craps... ( ˘~˘)

4 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by micklplus(m): 12:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
tchaik: Hate Idris as much as you like; the guy said the truth!
IS NIGERIA BETTER OFF SINCE HE SANG JAGAJAGA?

Nice point !!! You be correct guy.

5 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by BeraBera(f): 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2012
Shebi the guy jeejeelly dey on his own, Baba come still find him trouble. The best thing Baba should do now is to desist from responding to him unless he wants to tarnish his image. Let the raised dust settle please

3 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by hassymo5(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
Nigeria still jagajaga,, no work, poverty still on the high side.,,,,,, wuna dey insult IDRIS,,,, what happen to our billions of dollar for power electricity during OBJ tenure nobody is sayin anythin, but because IDRIS just talk one thing abt baba wuna dey insult am!!!!!!!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by micklplus(m): 12:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
BeraBera: Shebi the guy jeejeelly dey on his own, Baba come still find him trouble. The best thing Baba should do now is to desist from responding to him unless he wants to tarnish his image. Let the raised dust settle please

God bless you.
Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
Lame azz nigga consoling his dirty sorry ass SMH
Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Dagr8tosyn: 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
Pips please stop insulting Edris Abdul Kareem, except you don`t know him, when he was the Singer you all can`t do without during the days of `Letter to Mr President` your parties and club, I don`t break bridges friends. Edris my fresh advice for you is to try do collabo with M.I or Jesse Jack up you come again in the industry you are gifted in your own way don`t mind haterz, it`s in the blood of Nigerianz.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by purplekayc(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2012
Ile-Ife:
[size=13pt]Useless Kano boy. Almajiri wey come Lagos come sing. Dan Banza kawai![/size]
grin grin
Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by philip0906(m): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
micklplus: Abegi, make una free the guy joor! If OBJ nor provoke Eedris, hin go talk?

Haba!!!! Since 2004!! Obj nor dey forgive??

Is Eedris lying ni? Is Nigeria still not jagajaga?
BeraBera: Shebi the guy jeejeelly dey on his own, Baba come still find him trouble. The best thing Baba should do now is to desist from responding to him unless he wants to tarnish his image. Let the raised dust settle please
may u both live long. . .smh @ all these nairalanders who type b4 they think.

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2012
O boy u are plotting ur downfall messing with once a soldier and always a soldier I won't be surprise if dem delete u if u want to know more go and ask oodi
Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Eifeh(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Obj started it so let him face it what is my business their, Yoruba vs Awusa, Awusa will surelly win. Can this make chelsea fanz forget about falcoa?

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by ujukala: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Eedris has just discovered a way to be relevant, Obj!

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by micklplus(m): 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
Da gr8tosyn: Pips please stop insulting Edris Abdul Kareem, except you don`t know him, when he was the Singer you all can`t do without during the days of `Letter to Mr President` your parties and club, I don`t break bridges friends. Edris my fresh advice for you is to try do collabo with M.I or Jesse Jack up you come again in the industry you are gifted in your own way don`t mind haterz, it`s in the blood of Nigerianz.

Very good point! Don't mind those peeps that were insulting him

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by shadrach77: 12:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
this guy is an idiot! he is only trying to use OBJ to relauch himself in the entertainment industry and he is doing so by deliberately over-reacting to OBJ's comment. He deserves to be ignored for as they say, silence is the best answer for a fool sad angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by LKO(m): 12:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
kunletiwoo: lol..."Another "Fele Anikulapo" in the making. Watch Out!!! smiley

U have a fact there.

1 Like

Re: Idris Abdulkareem To Obasanjo : 'You Be Bad Papa' by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
I don't blame him!

When an ex-president desides to banter words with a useless street thug, what do you expect

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Chairmanship: Oyegun To Step Aside / Anambra Shuts Down Markets For APGA Presidential Rally / Legislative Violence (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.