Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? (13799 Views)

These Are The People Whom Jesus Will Damn In Hell Fire / It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! / Testimony Of An Ex-disciple Of A Top American Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2012
Wislet: we are not talking about other 'religions' here.
Since Christianity is the one talked about here, at least get your facts right.
Sorry for the many people you may have successfully twarted their knowledge of the scripture.
People, READ YOUR BIBLE FOR YOURSELF. DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY ANY MAN.
Goodday.

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.
~ Gene Roddenberry
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:58am On Oct 09, 2012
I see you have delibrately closed your brains
plaetton:

Do you see how funny and ridiculous the above sounds?.
God inspired and dictated gospels, then self appointed men, vetted the gospels and selected which ones were good enough, right?
these are you words not mine. After the apostles had died (John died abt 100ad) some people decided to write their own "gospels" some ascribed their work to some long dead apostle while other pen their work in their name. The was one wu claimed to be the holy spirit incarnate. So yes it was the work of the church to sort out the different books and bring forth the one that clearly declear d faith. Such books are today called "the bible".

In other words, the early churchmen gave us the bible.
put is d way it suites u.

Funny.
And all this while, I had been made to believe that the bible was from god.
go and ask again, the books in the bible were inspired and the spirit lead church said so.

Thanks for that clarification.

And if I may ask, what makes a gospel true?
u are asking abt d canonicity. Among the criteria it must meet is that is must have been writting before the death of d last apostle, another is that it must present the faith of the church.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:01am On Oct 09, 2012
tintingz: Lol. . .so some gospel were hidden by the early church to decieve christians. . .no wonder the bible is so corrupt a book claim to be inspired by God is chosen and compiled by men? While there are many corrupts hadiths written by many enemies of Mohammed(SAW) that has many false, lies about him buh still this corrupt hadiths were not hidden nor destroyed by early Muslims
hahaha, u want to open the cans of worms or what? The gospels that appeared in the 7th cent. Writting by muslim to discredit the bible, did u hear of that? Keep ur mouth to yourself. Besides i didnt say the church fathers hid anything, those are ur words.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Thok(m): 8:43am On Oct 09, 2012
They were the 3 Apostles, In this order; John, The Beloved, Peter and then James...
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by tintingz(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, u want to open the cans of worms or what? The gospels that appeared in the 7th cent. Writting by muslim to discredit the bible, did u hear of that? Keep ur mouth to yourself. Besides i didnt say the church fathers hid anything, those are ur words.
Lol. . .so muslims wrote some gospel? Wow i never heard this before . . . And see what you posted do u have an idea of hw many 'gospels' exist? In d early church all d condemned heresy had their own gospels. The appearance of a gospel doesnt make it true that is why d early church compiled d early xtian writting and call it 'the bible'.
where are the condemnd "gospel" why did the early church condemn some gospels and pick the ones that suit them?? Where are the rejected gospels today? Some hadiths were also condemnd by the early muslims buh we can still find them till date.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:23am On Oct 24, 2012
tintingz: Lol. . .so muslims wrote some gospel? Wow i never heard this before . . . And see what you posted do u have an idea of hw many 'gospels' exist? In d early church all d condemned heresy had their own gospels. The appearance of a gospel doesnt make it true that is why d early church compiled d early xtian writting and call it 'the bible'.
where are the condemnd "gospel" why did the early church condemn some gospels and pick the ones that suit them?? Where are the rejected gospels today? Some hadiths were also condemnd by the early muslims buh we can still find them till date.
u are trying to be silly or u just lack education, u shuld make research dose "gospels" not added can still be found. Do a simple internet search and u will find them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Sign Fireman: Why Actor Enebeli Enebuwa Is Sick Again / What Is The Origin Of Life? (Atheists) / Forget Re-election In 2019 If You Don’t Repent–Bishop Odutemu Tells Buhari,Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.