Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Fela Talks On Mko Abiola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Talks On Mko Abiola (12117 Views)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government / Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / Why Would ACN Spit On Mko's Name With Paid "Student Demonstration's" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Werehkpe: 11:28am On Sep 13, 2012
Just saw this clip on the Legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Abami Eda, Baba 70.

U will kno we have no sense as Nigerians. How will u rename Unilag after a proven criminal and public liar?

Y acknowledge or recognize thugs and criminals by giving them national awards.

God Bless Cyprian Ekwensi for refusing his award after all the government has turned it into a show of mediocrity.

Like he said too, religion could be a problem with Nigeria also.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i2T53mwah0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2T53mwah0M

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2T53mwah0M?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2T53mwah0M?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i2T53mwah0M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 Likes

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Afam4eva(m): 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2012
the funny thing is that the same people who respect Fela for his views on national issues will still argue that MKO was a progressive. It just shows that people only accept what they want and discard the rest.

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Ibyno(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2012
We all know the story of MKO, OBj, LISTEN TO I.T.T (INTERNATIONAL THEIF THEIF) BY FELA,

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Ibyno(m): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
We all know the story of MKO, OBj, LISTEN TO I.T.T (INTERNATIONAL THEIF THEIF) BY FELA.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by amobii: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
Most rich men in naija are corrupt, they alwsys have the trace of their wealth to our nation. Listen to ITT by Fela.

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by CVHP: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2012
Hey Mr writer, it not Cyprian Ekwensi who declined national honour rather Chinua Achebe. Edit and repost. embarassed
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by 1forall: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fela's political views have and always been relevant to current affairs.

It's a pity that problems he spoke about from over 30 years ago are not just still worrying us as a nation, but have evolved into a major compound mess and given rise to multiple child problems that its difficult to actually visualize a way out.

It is my hope that we the youth will not fail to rise up to our challenges and salvage this country from the doom it's headed for, if only for the sake of the coming generation.

11 Likes

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 13, 2012
Anikulapo! cool
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by skullzflex(m): 1:21pm On Sep 13, 2012
God bless Nigerians and Nigeria at large
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by wandeay: 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
You and i know, all this people are rogues!
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by chucky234(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2012
The fact that MKO was a known criminal is an open secret,his presidential ambition was solely for his selfish interest.
Only those that were born between 1985 to 1990 will argue otherwise as they were only old enough to witness the June 12 saga,we only celebrate criminals in this country for sentimental reasons.

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by dammytosh: 1:29pm On Sep 13, 2012
Same way some people celebrate Tinubu too. What am i even saying ? Tinubu is a product of Abiola's style of politics.

Listen to those lines.

"Pen steal money pass gun. Gun steal thousand, pen steal billion."

It is pathetic that the trend continues after several years.

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by strangest(m): 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2012
Wereh kpe: Just saw this clip on the Legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Abami Eda, Baba 70.

U will kno we have no sense as Nigerians. How will u rename Unilag after a proven criminal and public liar?

God Bless Cyprian Ekwensi for refusing his award after all the government has turned it into a show of mediocrity.

I think you mean Chinua Achebe, He has twice refused the Nigerian honour Commander of the Federal Republic - in 2004 and 2011 - stating :- [187]
"I have watched particularly the chaos in my own state of Anambra where a small clique of renegades, openly boasting its connections in high places, seems determined to turn my homeland into a bankrupt and lawless fiefdom. I am appalled by the brazenness of this clique and the silence, if not connivance, of the Presidency"
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by occam(m): 1:31pm On Sep 13, 2012
afam4eva: the funny thing is that the same people who respect Fela for his views on national issues will still argue that MKO was a progressive. It just shows that people only accept what they want and discard the rest.

Right on bro. That we Yorubas saw MKO as. a messiah is one of the political tragedies of our time. I never trusted the man. He was part of the problem and never changed

I guess selective amnesia played a part in elevating MKO to the hero status
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
If mko were still alive,he would have been a strong member of pdp.he belongs to the same group with obasanjo.no doubt about it.long live Abamieda!

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
Wereh kpe: Just saw this clip on the Legendary Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Abami Eda, Baba 70.

Like he said too, religion could be a problem with Nigeria also.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i2T53mwah0M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2T53mwah0M

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2T53mwah0M?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2T53mwah0M?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i2T53mwah0M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is it Cyprian or Chinua Achebe?
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by revomind(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
occam:

Right on bro. That we Yorubas saw MKO as. a messiah is one of the political tragedies of our time. I never trusted the man. He was part of the problem and never changed

I guess selective amnesia played a part in elevating MKO to the hero status

Speak for yourself bro. The idea then was for the military to go back to the barracks and the man had just won a free and fair election in all parts of the country: north, south, east, west. Thats the summary of the clamour. The man was a symbol for a just cause. Asides all of that, Yoruba people knew Abiola's antecedents and its a gross exaggeration that he was seen as a messiah. After all, he was very comfy with the military elite to the extent there were insinuations he was sponsoring coups. Perhaps you're also too young to know that he was an NPN financier and NPN was an unpopular party in the old West.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by yuzedo: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fela is a BAS(T)ARD!!! angry

Did y'all see the Back-Up Singers in Abami Eda's band??! shocked

Damn!!!! Those Bit(c)hes were HOT!!!!!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by slimojas89(m): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2012
Similar issue was what I was arguing with my mates the other day..they say obj did this and did that and I was like "any stain spoils the white". I respect Fela even if his lifestyle was something else.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Aifey(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2012
Fela kuti 4ever. D same governt tht killed ur mother wnts 2immotalise her 5000naira note. Pen get power pass gun in naija. Obj n mko loot 2.8 billion in 70s. Na trilions nw. Jonathan d greatest mistake. Immotalisin d looter. Watch out 4farook n bankole university in 2020.

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Venchy: 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2012
Umm .....I said it before that Nigerians claim to be wise but they are the most GULLIBLE people on earth.

Forever lives FELA....A rear GEM we didn't appreciate but we love to to praise CRIMINAL, our lifestyle is full of OPPRESSION and cheating other people....

Again we are the ARTHUR OF OUR OWN MISFORTUNE until we change our way of life and love your neighbour by not leaving them in the Darkness while you have industrial Generator in your compound or Ignored your local bad road while driving 4*4.

Nigeria I hail thee.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by illicit(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2012
mko was awell known thief, he was very cool with babangida, abacha and co till d table were turned against him, same goes for oladipo diya, adisa etc... these people r thieves, yoruba peole dont see dem as heroes, we just pity dia cause....
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by ib0221: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
people should try to know fela views later about abiola prior to june 12 and later when abiola was trying to reclaim his mandate.
do not condemn or castigate any person based on unfounded rumours and i will like to repeat here again that no rich man can do without supporting government to do otherwise is deadly especially in nigeria.
the man was not a saint but he truly cared for the people of this country records are there.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Venchy: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2012
My people pls, try and visit Toyin street at IKEJA, MKO. HOUSE you'll realise that THE EVIL THAT MEN'S DO LIVES AFTER THEM.

Majority of his Acquisitions has EVAPORATE like late FELA said.

Whatever we acquire with false doesn't last, Nigeria biggest traitor that appeared to be genuine friend of the poor.....GOD dey corner they look everyone.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by occam(m): 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2012
revomind:

Speak for yourself bro. The idea then was for the military to go back to the barracks and the man had just won a free and fair election in all parts of the country: north, south, east, west. Thats the summary of the clamour. The man was a symbol for a just cause. Asides all of that, Yoruba people knew Abiola's antecedents and its a gross exaggeration that he was seen as a messiah. After all, he was very comfy with the military elite to the extent there were insinuations he was sponsoring coups. Perhaps you're also too young to know that he was an NPN financier and NPN was an unpopular party in the old West.

The antecedent of MKO is the crux of the issue. Some of us are unable to reconcile the fact a man with such antecedent became a symbol of a just cause. Sadly, the 1993 election was a choice between an uninspiring, though Knowledgeable Tofa vs a corrupt and charismatic Abiola. MKO's association with the military and as a member of the previous civilian ruling govt(the corrupt NPN) should have elicited greater scrutiny at the time. But it seems Nigerians were willing to forget just so we have a civilian govt at all cost.

The 1993 debate between Tofa and Abiola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPiFHzSi5X4
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Venchy: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2012
ib0221: people should try to know fela views later about abiola prior to june 12 and later when abiola was trying to reclaim his mandate.
do not condemn or castigate any person based on unfounded rumours and i will like to repeat here again that no rich man can do without supporting government to do otherwise is deadly especially in nigeria.
the man was not a saint but he truly cared for the people of this country records are there.

Lol....how did he cared for the people of Nigeria, that's why I said Nigerians are so gullible.
A big time crook that champions majority of Nigeria coup....sponsor of coup that topple Buhari and Idiagbon's regime.

I'm sure you are one of those that says WHY JUDGE MAN OF GOD while Men of God are robbing you by buying private jet and sending their children to school in Overseas and building MUSHROOM university for you in the country.....Wake up....keep in touch with people around the world and don't be narrow minded.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Venchy: 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
ib0221: people should try to know fela views later about abiola prior to june 12 and later when abiola was trying to reclaim his mandate.

Can you pls account for any of his record or landmark as we can talk about AZIKIWE in the eastern region and BABA AWOLOWO in the south....All this people have legacy with the Little they did during their time.

Pls tell us some MKO's record??
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by ib0221: 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2012
@ venchy, dat man was rich n in his early years worked with multinationals n it was thru dat that he dined with d movers and shakers. i just want u to find any of his little history n you will see he had no choice or will u say dangote has choice now. he will dine or die. ask any rich man in any society n you shall see clearly. about the pastors u mentioned, they simply capitalised on people's gullibility/belief.
abiola was a businessman cum politician who tried to make nigeria better.

1 Like

Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by ib0221: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2012
dose 2 u listed were politicians par excellence dat held office dough with deir own negatives which i'll like to leave for providence. however, i shd state here dat awolowo was purely politician n made all he had thru politics.zik of africa, he was a politician but also business person. i hope u know dat he was also accused of corruption not just corruption, misapproriation of fund(my respect).
i need not tell u about abiola. even his enemies attest to his gestures dough dey claimed dey were political.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Venchy: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2012
ib0221: @ venchy, dat man was rich n in his early years worked with multinationals n it was thru dat that he dined with d movers and shakers. i just want u to find any of his little history n you will see he had no choice or will u say dangote has choice now. he will dine or die. ask any rich man in any society n you shall see clearly. about the pastors u mentioned, they simply capitalised on people's gullibility/belief.
abiola was a businessman cum politician who tried to make nigeria better.

You are true fan of MKO ....lol....find out the true story of how he became the head of ITT, that's an home work for you....lol.

Let's cut it short MAJORITY of NIGERIAN so called rich are ROGUES, likewise everywhere in the world but MKO dine and wine with all the MILITARY in Nigeria and by collecting contract and helping them to finance their coup...this are the attribute of criminal in disguise.

I also kept an article that says IBB AND IT'S POLITY, over 40 pages, look for it online to read, I promise you you'll never look at our leaders with thesame eye.

Majority of them are opportunism that never dream of getting where they.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2012
occam:

The antecedent of MKO is the crux of the issue. Some of us are unable to reconcile the fact a man with such antecedent became a symbol of a just cause. Sadly, the 1993 election was a choice between an uninspiring, though Knowledgeable Tofa vs a corrupt and charismatic Abiola. MKO's association with the military and as a member of the previous civilian ruling govt(the corrupt NPN) should have elicited greater scrutiny at the time. But it seems Nigerians were willing to forget just so we have a civilian govt at all cost.

The 1993 debate between Tofa and Abiola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPiFHzSi5X4

on point bro. i was just ten then but with the way mko was giving out money, foodstuff and other things during his campaign, i knew this was up to no good.thank GOD he didnt make it.
Re: Fela Talks On Mko Abiola by ib0221: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2012
unfortunately u dont understand my page. u see prior to june 12, abiola was everywhere and i had to dig to his past covering his nexus and journey and found the man chivalrous if i may use the word.
i always view every idea or man through its/his friends, enemies and supposed neutral person.
as for sponsoring coup, there is mentality for every echelon. i can tell u that u will hardly ever find 10 truly honest political leader in the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Vows To Explore Fastest Means To End Niger Delta Crisis / Border Closure: Are We Truly Self Sufficient In Food Production? / Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation (OOF) Celebrates Olusegun Obasanjo As He Turns 85

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.