Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:19 AM

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government (23424 Views)

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday / Abdulmumuni Abiola: Yorubas Killed My Father, Shared His Meat – MKO Abiola’s Son / MKO Abiola's Grave 18 Years After (2) (3) (4)

MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by emamos: 10:09am On Oct 09, 2015
Contractor handling MKO Abiola International Airport in Osun State, Aeronautical Engineering and Technical Services Limited, has assured that the project would be ready for operation next May.
Managing Director of the Nigeria Air Force-owned company, Air Commodore Hyacinth Eze, stated this when he led a team of engineers handling the project to Governor Rauf Aregbesola in Osogbo.
The airport at Ido-Osun in Egbedore Local Government Area, when completed, would be a cargo and aircraft maintenance hub.
At completion, the airport, it was said, would be the first to have a hanger for maintenance of different types of aircraft and helicopters in the West African sub-region. He explained that the delay in completing the project was caused by little hitch that has been overcome.
Eze assured that work will be fast on the project site so as to meet the tentative target of eight months being proposed for full commencement of operation at the airport.
He said: “Our company has two on-going projects in the state, one, which is the most important of the projects is the airport named MKO Abiola International Airport.
“It is a project that we started and we have little hitch along the line but today, I am happy to inform you that this project is being revived.
“We have gone up to seventy per cent of the work and in another eight months we are hoping that this project will be completed and handed over to the state of Osun.”http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/mko-abiola-intl-airport-ready-next-year-osun-govt/
lalasticlala

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by macolino(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2015
Abeg no be person wey chop belle full go use flight? Ogbeni pay your workers.. Make we dey watch na..FTC

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by KRILMIJAY(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2015
Good one, give honour to whom honour z due. Una don make me remember Abiola Milk

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by kettykin: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2015
Foolishness

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Jorussia(m): 10:34am On Oct 09, 2015
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 09, 2015
even when workers have not been balanced!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by DaBullIT(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2015
I've never hidden my love for PMB and my support is undivided,

Aregbesola has done many things that aren't exactly applaud-able and I have always defended

But this news is a big fat lie

70% of the work has not been done

There's no way that airport will be ready by may

I know because I was around that city during sallah and no work has been done since February during campaign

I also want to point out that this statement, this promise is credited to Air Commodore Hyacinth Eze not Aregbesola, so in the future wailers don't come and twist the story

And for ibos , your kinsman is chopping from Osun states money and Yorubas are not complaining, this goes to show that Yorubas hate no tribe and are willing to work with anyone who shares the same dream, goal or passion

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by fatiaanu(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2015
This is white elephant project and north east wind that blow no man good. The airport in Ibadan is under utilized, why wasting public fund and make workers to suffer untold hardship for non payment of salaries. Mr Governor; pls pay salary and abandon this project. Don't use bail out fund to complete this project, i strongly advice you sir.

Osun workers are not smiling.

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by aieromon(m): 10:51am On Oct 09, 2015
Misplaced priority.

This is the same way Bayelsa Airport is almost completed on paper.

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by sammyj: 10:58am On Oct 09, 2015
cool cool
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by warrior01: 11:00am On Oct 09, 2015
emamos:

lalasticlala

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by baby124: 11:17am On Oct 09, 2015
OYO,and Osun should have a shared regional airport. Ekiti and Ondoshould also have a shared regional airport. While Abeokuta should have a cargo airport with Lagos having the international airport serving Lagos and Abeokuta

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by laudate: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
fatiaanu:
This is white elephant project and north east wind that blow no man good. The airport in Ibadan is under utilized, why wasting public fund and make workers to suffer untold hardship for non payment of salaries. Mr Governor; pls pay salary and abandon this project. Don't use bail out fund to complete this project, i strongly advice you sir.

Osun workers are not smiling.

Abeg, tell them!! This rush by every state governor to build an airport is really appalling. angry

baby124:
OYO,and Osun should have a shared regional airport. Ekiti and Ondoshould also have a shared regional airport. While Abeokuta should have a cargo airport with Lagos having the international airport serving Lagos and Abeokuta

Good advice. Let us hope that the governors of these states use their common sense to apply this sound piece of advice, when taking decisions that concern the airports. Akure airport can be used by both Ekiti and Ondo States as their regional airport, while the existing Ibadan airport can be utilised by both Oyo and Osun citizens for their travel needs.

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by eaglechild: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Non viable waste of space.
Apart from Lagos building airports in the SW is a waste of funds.

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by permsec: 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hope this airport will result to inflow of various flights carrying cash to pay the multitude owed in the state.

If not, i'm not impressed!

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by damton(m): 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
White Elephant project. Not to mention the inability of the state government to pay salaries. smh

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Lincoln275(m): 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by tolexy007(m): 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by 360ng: 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Someone that cannot pay workers.. Wants to complete airport by next year!!

APC and lies ehh!!!!

Nigeria is now challenging FIFA for the most corrupt body in the world!

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by maxiuc(m): 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
An avenue to loot more cash
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by sandrajazmin(f): 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
I know 2 u same time we all 2 say i love 2 say we all 2 thee

All tinx 4 i am u 2 come @ last

Tnx
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Icon4s(m): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ido-Ousn or which Village is it sited. grin

Ibadan Airport sef that is already almost abandoned due to lack of flights una wan go open one for Ido-Osun.

Yoruba People never enter Kabu-Kabu finish dem wan enter plane?

Osun state govt should not jst waste their state's rsources jare

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Pavore9: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
By God's grace, we will be alive to witness May 2016.

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Badgers14: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Hope the governor is not eyeing another substandard airport.. It baffles me how these guys travel outside the country and see good stuffs but yet they come back and build rubbish.... (speaking of Asaba airport)

Anyways just observing them from on top of a speeding molué cool

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Yinkahlite(m): 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
So this is the project pipe through which the govt is sucking the state's treasury dry?
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by SuPeRq(f): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
Habah........ All ds capital you are wasting on not-so-important project..... Diaris God ooooooooo
Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by ZUBY77(m): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
International airports needs a lot of money to maintain.. every state should stop trying to walk before crawling.

Osun can hardly pay workers..
And they want international airport..

Who goes to Osun from outside world?
To do what?
Does this animals know the meaning of international airport?

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by Bootybuttchic(f): 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
thos is the most stupid apc governor....see this aregbe ooo...is the airport going to fly osun workers to work for free...cos i dont get...people are hungry and this dumbo is building an airport,trying to advance osun or what?

osun people should destroy that airport,even his house....like seriously does people dont have craze,they are too cool....it cant happen in ondo walahi

Re: MKO Abiola International Airport Will Be Ready Next Year- Osun Government by harshemeyou: 12:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
if you say so, hope it not a fake things you are gonna do there because Nigeria things always different

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Omawumi Beatrice Udoh Dies In London / Emeka Kalu, DG Atiku Agenda 2019 In A Meeting With Atiku (Photos)