Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? (16310 Views)

How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr. / Is It Scriptural To Pray Against Our Enemies? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ifeegee(f): 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto: and if foolish Yahweh is indeed God, when we die, he shall be forced to give account for his sin of unforgiveness...

wow,I really pity you!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto:
na wa o... ask Bella if Im a brother o..
wateva dude
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
Don't in d name of explainin what u don't know commit sin ☺.
Dat question is too high for Ɣ☺Ů...leave it alone!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by LordReed(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2012
Evil Brain:

It says love your enemies and pray for them. There is no special provisions for non-human enemies. It doesn't qualify the term enemies and therefore there are no exemptions. The bible repeatedly refers to the devil as the adversary and also does not qualify the term in any way so I don't know where you are getting this idea of the devil not being a direct enemy.

Even in religion and superstition, you still need to apply logic when you are analyzing your holy books. You can't just make up an explanation out of thin air every time there is some contradiction in your beliefs. This kind of faulty logic is the reason why atheists look down on you people. You don't seem to know how to think.

His assessment was not wrong. There is no way you can show love to Satan because he has no physical presence to direct love to.

Non of the other actions of love that do not require a physical presence apply to him either. Pray for Satan? What exactly would a prayer for Satan contain? Salvation/repentance? Wealth? Success? Long life? Going by logic how do you pray to God for His own adversary?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
donyj: Satan is not our enemy, he is our adversary and i think we ar to war against our adversaries..... thats my opinion.

Sorry but that is so dumb.
What is an adversary if not an enemy? Mschew. Ppl talk all kinds of fart to sound "holy".

And btw the devil is not real.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2012
tutypad: the same scripture say "we battle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and power" so dear, who is 'flesh and blood?' man in physical being. who is 'principalities and powers?' devil and his demonic agents' so, do have more insight about the Holy Scriptures before you qoute.

"We battle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers" Totally correct. So if we're battling against them, that would make then our enemies right?

But we're supposed to love our enemies. So that means I'm right, and you're wrong.

Thank you for helping to get my point across.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
musKeeto: and if foolish Yahweh is indeed God, when we die, he shall be forced to give account for his sin of unforgiveness...

watcha you talking about pls...
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by adaptor4all: 9:45pm On Sep 21, 2012
@op..ur question is "are we nt 2 lov satan?"..My answer is-Go ahead n love him since u claim nt 2 knw wat 2 do..y disturb ppl so as 2 create sm religious tussle here..if @ all u r a xtian,den I c a Judas in u..if nt,gudlk 2 u..just tot I shd let u knw dat a true xtian must nt b ignorant f d vices f d devil..If he cud misuse Peter(though 4 a wyl),den can't b left out..Try retrace ur steps,pls
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Bella3(f): 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
Did anyone notice the bible refers to the devil as 'adversary'. I blive this was to distingush btwn the physical and spiritual.
The bible tells us that we wrestle nt against flesh and blood bt against principalities and powers hence for any1 to ask this question, it shows they think wit their anu.s.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Bella3(f): 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
@humbled dear, he is a jihadist fighting a war against Yahweh(dat doesnt exist to him). Hw logical?
HumbledbYGrace: is that a fellow brother talking?u don't know wat christians should do and clearly has no clue on hw to address ur Brethren
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
Bélla3: @humbled dear, he is a jihadist fighting a war against Yahweh(dat doesnt exist to him). Hw logical?
the brother is fighting against himself.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Bella3(f): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: the brother is fighting against himself.
he is nt a brother. He is a Yahweh hater!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Bélla3: he is nt a brother. He is a Yahweh hater!
"unbeliever?" Lol this ur boyfriend makes me laugh
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Bella3(f): 11:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: "unbeliever?" Lol this ur boyfriend makes me laugh
hahahahahahahahahahaha. Boyfriend? Hahahahahahaha
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by seekingtruth(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2012
If we love satan he will repent and if he repents there would be no job for pastors

3 Likes

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by seekingtruth(m): 12:05am On Sep 22, 2012
Lord_Reed:

His assessment was not wrong. There is no way you can show love to Satan because he has no physical presence to direct love to.

Non of the other actions of love that do not require a physical presence apply to him either. Pray for Satan? What exactly would a prayer for Satan contain? Salvation/repentance? Wealth? Success? Long life? Going by logic how do you pray to God for His own adversary?
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by seekingtruth(m): 12:15am On Sep 22, 2012
@Lord_Reed...why wuld God ask us to love our enemy or enemies when he can't love his given the infinity of his love

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 22, 2012
Bélla3: @humbled dear, he is a jihadist fighting a war against Yahweh(dat doesnt exist to him). Hw logical?
bellla, dont break my small heart na..

HumbledbYGrace: "unbeliever?" Lol this ur boyfriend makes me laugh
so now u possess d truth.. use it wisely.. tongue
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by LordReed(m): 2:02am On Sep 22, 2012
seeking@truth:
@Lord_Reed...why wuld God ask us to love our enemy or enemies when he can't love his given the infinity of his love

Who told you God doesn't love Satan? I said how do we pray to God for His own enemy that doesn't mean God doesn't love Satan. We are flesh and blood beings, we are not constantly aware of the interactions between God and Satan. Satan is for God to deal with not us, what went down with them is beyond us we just happen to be caught in the middle.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by RuuDie(m): 6:17am On Sep 22, 2012
Delafruita:
how about the reality of the fact that humans are also doomed to hell.

Unlike the devil, humans can be saved!
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by NeuroBoss(m): 6:34am On Sep 22, 2012
Jenwitemi: Well, if your god can't manage to love his own enemy(even he having an enemy is an embarrassment to his supposed lofty devine status), why should you? Are you better than your god? Of course you are not. wink
No wonder from your name, "Jéntítèmi", I could deduce a confused man wanting to spew rubbish at all cost
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by NeuroBoss(m): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2012

The fool thinketh in his heart, there is no God.

1 Like

Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 22, 2012
All u mudafukas claiming to be righteous. I hope u didn't 4get dat d bible says we should judge no one.
I believe God should give us examples 4 us 2 follow. If Satan is an enemy of God,then how come he holds discussions wit God?! God n Satan used Job 4 a chess game.
D bible says beware of Satan, he's a deceiver not enemy yet. But he will be.
Y didn't Jesus curse Satan or send fire 4rm heaven 2 strike Satan when Satan tempted him 3 times.
If Jesus can just snob Satan, y can't we? Must we pray fire 2 strike him.
We can love Satan by feeling sorry 4 him n learning from his mistakes. We don't have 2 do his bidding 2 love him.
4 me, I always say 'Satan is a great guy'. Even if he'll be condemned.
I'm not a bible freak. I believe wat my heart tells me 2. Everyone can read d bible n get their understanding not by getting any pastor's interpretation.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ijawkid(m): 6:56am On Sep 22, 2012
We can't love satan......he is Yahwehs arch enemy......

Its either u love Yahweh or u love satan........

Satan is already prepared for d lake of fire..(Eternal/total destruction)
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Bella3(f): 7:16am On Sep 22, 2012
musKeeto:
bellla, dont break my small heart na..

tongue
ndo... Lol
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by skillz190(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2012
k2039: God is talking about people

Satan is not a direct enemy, though. He is not for us to love or hate, but to avoid and ignore

However Satan is doomed for hell anyway,so it doesnt matter.
so much on point
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by ct2: 8:27am On Sep 22, 2012
[b]GOD AS ORDERED US TO LOVE OUR ENEMY, THE BAPTIST DAILY DEVOTION BOOK TAUGHT US YESTERDAY THAT, GOD AS COMMANDED US TO LOVE OUR ENEMY, PRAY[b] FOR THEM ,DO GOOD TO THEM AND BLESS THEM,BUT HE SAID WE SHOULD HATE SATAN BECAUSE HE AS BEEN CURSED FROM HAVEN[/b][/b]
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 22, 2012
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by emabe: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2012
k2039: God is talking about people

Satan is not a direct enemy, though. He is not for us to love or hate, but to avoid and ignore

However Satan is doomed for hell anyway,so it doesnt matter.
On d contrary Satan is just a balance in d equation. If there has to be good or bad, then there has to be heaven or hell. The idea of Satan is just to put believers straight and balance an equation of eternal damination since there is eternal happiness in heaven.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Ayomivic(m): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2012
ujoatu: SATAN is Gods enemy and THE ENEMY OF OUR FRIEND (GOD) IS OUR ENEMY grin. its a WAR we are fighting 4 God as his CHILDREN
You are not fighting for God.You can fight for God. God is able to fight for himself .You are fighting for yourself because it is you/we that Satan want to drag to hell with him not God. We are fighting Satan only if we can reject him and his work in our lives. So resist Satan and it would flee from you.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by nwabuife: 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
Big thanks 2 to those who have explained d verse to d anti Christ'ians. Some people r educated illiterate who have been brain wash into a vampire religion, people derive joy to kill their fellow human. Learn to read frm d beginning b4 u conclude. Love is is d greatest.
Re: If We Are To Love Our Enemies, Are We Not To Love Satan? by Gpattern(m): 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
Is satan a person? Can satan be preached to? Can satan gain salvation? Did Jesus die for satan? Its vital we ask and anwser some question before just commenting...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Was Mary Chosen To Birth Jesus Christ? / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Storms Abuja For Partners, Sons & Daughters Night / God And His Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.