Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:00 PM

Pictures Of Flood Report From The Banks Of River Benue! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Flood Report From The Banks Of River Benue! (1218 Views)

Photos Of Flood In Ariaria Market (a Line) Aba, Abia State / Fashola Dressed In Raincoats Visits The Scene Of Flood In Papa Ashafa,Agege(Pics / Picture Of Flood In Lagos Today, Post Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Flood Report From The Banks Of River Benue! by valhendeshawgm(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2012
As I first got to the scene, I had to hide my emotions and do the job, a very terrible and pathetic situation I found myself reporting from banks of River Benue

Where I first stood, I could count more than 10 plots already submerged in the water coming slowly but steadily from the River Benue, one of the largest Rivers in Nigeria.

A residence affected by the floods wearing wet boxer shorts with a bare chest just returned with his household items swimming with one hand in the dirty water, he told me a boat was conveying goods for about N5, 000 within a distance of 200 meters and "some of us can't afford this, you are facing a lot of problems and people are charging that much".

He said, he was told the Governor came and promised "taking it up" but that was yet to be.

Another family were seen packing their belongings in pool of waist-level water from their house, the middle aged woman hanging her bag looked as if life was lost, and I could understand.

Children between the ages of 7 and 10 were happily swimming and some even cast nets to catch fish right in their compounds, which is temporarily a river.
For awhile, I thought about the health hazards including skin infections and other water borne diseases...
http://saharareporters.com/article/flood-report-banks-river-benue-king-james-yiy

(1) (Reply)

National Newspaper Headlines(friday, 14 September 2012) / Militants How Much Are You Paid Monthly By The Fed Govt - With Pics / Achebe's Alma Mata In Anambra. Anambra Schools..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.