Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Appointment Racketiering At The Chinese Embassy Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointment Racketiering At The Chinese Embassy Abuja (2211 Views)

Chinese Embassy In Nigeria Denies Students Visa On Grounds Of Ebola / GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister / Wikileaks: SECRET CABLE FROM US EMBASSY ABUJA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment Racketiering At The Chinese Embassy Abuja by str8talk1: 6:26am On Sep 14, 2012
Nigerians,especially the Igbos who happened to be the widely acclaimed business travellers are constantly being squeezed between N10k to N30k for just to be among eligible Visa Applicants that will be interviewed at the Chinese Embassy. Please note that itz not a guaranty that you will be interviewed on the said appointment date given to you by the Chinese Embassy staff at the Abuja desk. If you want to pay N10k,then be ready to come before 6.30am on the day of your appointment so that you will be given a number/tally that will enable you be interviewed,while if you want to pay N30k,all you need to do is to ''front-load'' your documents on +he eve of your appointment date to agents of the embassy officials charged with the responsibility of documenting you for interview. For this category,if you are unlucky,an agent can bleed N50k from you.
Its a known fact that the chinese officials are part of the whole dubious activities.
Questions need to be asked,why giving a prospective Visa Applicant an appointment date that has been recorded against his/her name on the Appointment sheet of which eventually may not be interviewed on the said date.
Its also a known fact that as a result of these retrogressive activities Applicants' Invitation Letter would have expired prompting them to start all over again for acquisition of a fresh IV.
Its also a known fact that applicants are forced to pay these monies after a resheduling of their appointment date for 2 - 3 times. Majority of victims are those who are not based in Abuja,while at the Lagos office the experience is not different.
Its high time the Nigerian Govt. seek for normalization of these activities as things are not been done with due process at the Chinese Embassy Abuja.
Re: Appointment Racketiering At The Chinese Embassy Abuja by erico2k2(m): 10:02pm On Mar 24, 2015
is this still going on?
Re: Appointment Racketiering At The Chinese Embassy Abuja by samutd4u(m): 10:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Appointment Racketiering At The Chinese Embassy Abuja by RukkyIzzy40: 7:35am On Aug 31, 2015
Good day, I desire to study in china. I've gotten all it takes to come there except visa. About 2weeks ago I went for interview at the chinese embassy in Abuja, Nigeria but I wasn't issued visa although I answered all questions I was asked but the consular didn't say anything..please what do I do.
Regards

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Nairaland Plagiarizing Linda Ikeji / Ur Top 3 Most Handsome Governors In Nıgerıa / Obasanjo's Attack On Jonathan -- A Response From Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.