Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave (757 Views)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Oil Platform Fabrication: Ijaw Youths Draw Battle Line / Ijaw Youths To Meet On Outcome Of Presidential Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by Idileke: 10:58am On Sep 14, 2012
Egbema and Gbaramatu graduates in Warri North and Warri South-West Local Government Areas of Delta State on Wednesday threatened to sack Chevron Nigeria Limited from Ijaw land if they are not able to meet up with an ultimatum of seven days given to them to get them, (Ijaw youth) employed.

The two kingdoms had warned that Chevron’s activities in the state would be frustrated if they do not devise better ways of getting the unemployed youth from the area empowered in the next seven days, stating that the two kingdoms had been treated unfairly by Chevron.

In a petition signed by the chairman, Mr. Ojusin Innoncent , the former students under the backings of KOMBOT Employment Front  drew the attention of  the Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNP to their problems, stating  that  Chevron had utterly sidelined Ijaw graduates from Egbema and Gbaramatu kingdoms , and have pushed them aside in terms of employment opportunity.

They affirmed that while their brothers from the South-West and Southeast are constantly recruited after every interview, they have been left to suffer even after they had gone for different interviews as organized by Chevron

They had asked Chevron to recruit the 39 Egbema-Gbaramatu applicants, who, they claimed, did very well in the Ogere training programme and interview.

KOMBOT had also advocated for the return of Ijaw indigenes who were relieved of their jobs by Chevron in February 2011. It further affirmed that it will carry out its threat if the company takes the warnings for granted.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/14/employ-us-next-7-days-leave-ijaw-youth-tell-chevron/
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by highland(m): 11:03am On Sep 14, 2012
Youth development is paramount to economy and social development in Niger delta states.
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by immortalvoices(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2012
I HEAR VOICES....SAYING "one day bushmeat go catch the hunter" but are we indeed bushmeat in our land to this "chevron men" sadI
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
I supprot y'all!
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by diesel86: 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
This Ijaw people dey always make me laugh. It's true that this companies have their own shortcomings but i also know from experience that most of these south-south guys are darn lazy.
I don't see the reason why a company would have an enterprising pool of people to recruit from and would still go out of their locality to employ, my only advise to the Ijaw youths is to get their acts together, then see how this people would be courting your service, no dey think say because u don get OIL make u come dey behave anyhow.
Though those companies get their own for hand, sha....
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
They should allocate a quota to the catchment area after all Nigeria is a country of quota-system.
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by Acidosis(m): 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
ilugunboy: They should allocate a quota to the catchment area after all Nigeria is a country of quota-system.
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by Super1759: 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
Like play like play, groups are coming upwith different reason the distablise the peace of the nation.I am not against it, but lets government harken to our voice
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by apala911: 2:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
Dialogue and not violent agitation would aid Ijaw youth demand
Re: Ijaw-Youths To Chevron: Employ Us In 7 Days Or Leave by mamikky: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2012
O ya chevron Abegi look into the plights of these Ijaw youth

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad And Freedom Of Expression / David Mark Exposed By Floods / The Gambia Claims Cure For HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.