Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria (9557 Views)

Innoson Motors Spotted At The National Assembly Complex (See Photos) / Innoson Cars May Be Used As Official Cars For National Assembly / Ford Motor Considers Opening Plant In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
galaxy4rep: INNOSON is d best optn,nigerians shuld patroniz him nd u wil c a positive dif

You running an Innoson van or truck?
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by ujukala: 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thousands of jobs will be created and Nigeria will no longer be a dumping ground for used vehicles. Cheers.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by savcy(m): 3:05pm On Sep 14, 2012
Oh dear. Only,this idea will end up on the drawingboard. No electricity. It would b callous of Nigerians to even encourage them to come here. I wudnt setup such a plant here in 'dark' Nigeria if I had a company of such. embarassed
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2012
We thank God. This will give jobs to many Nigerians.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Denn(m): 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
setting up a car manufacturing plant in nigeria would be a good development.

south africa has its own auto assembling factories.

i believe government should revisit the era of industrial estates and set up basic amenities (like electricity) at grossly susidised costs to this areas. import duties should be waived on the plants' inputs (initially CKDs) and 10-year tax holidays given. companies that can migrate from assembly plants to 50% local input utilization after the initial 10 years should be given further rebates.

these would have an indirect effect on our economy.

my opinion
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by eaglechild: 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2012
PURE COCCK N BULL STORY!
Nissan is not that stuipid!
Ghana and SA no dey again?
Anyway i guess its the local investors that will bear most of the economic burden.

A lot needs to be in place first.
Antecedents are there to show the outcome.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2012
grandstar: It does not make economic sense.

For a car plant to be successful, it needs to invest about a $1bn and produce about 200,000 cars.

We are talking here about economies of scale.

If Nissan does set up an assembly palnt, they'd start championing for higher tariffs on imported cars and having us purchase old model Nissans.

Note that Nissan will be producing newer models whenever they come out. This was what Peugeot did for years. It's a win/lose situation for Nissan/Nigeria.

Your comment doesn't make sense to me. Could you please explain further?

First you say they'll have us purchase old models. From where?

Then you say they'll be producing newer models.

How is it a win/lose situation?
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
savcy: Oh dear. Only,this idea will end up on the drawingboard. No electricity. It would b callous of Nigerians to even encourage them to come here. I wudnt setup such a plant here in 'dark' Nigeria if I had a company of such. embarassed

How come does IVM churn out buses, trucks and other automobiles on a daily basis?
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
I think this will just end up being about CKD scheme.

It's nice to see that Arisekola is still going strong. My Mum bought a brand new Datsun 180K from Arisekola motors in Ring Road in 1977.

This is a good thing anyways.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
Feeble talk. BMW and Mercedes said the same thing when OBJ was the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

1 Like

Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by sultaan(m): 12:39am On Sep 15, 2012
When pigs fly.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
dedeike: The fresh air keeps attracting investors. SIEMENS, GENERAL ELECTRIC, VULCAN ENERGY RESOURCES, etc.
No wonder the chairman of MAN remarked that 250 factories have come to be established in the last one year.

it doesn't pay to be s!lly. Alliance autos is just a sub dealer of Nissan not even an African sole franchise.

alliance is not in a position to speak for Nissan motor corporation on where and when to build plants.

Even if they claim to be quoting them, Nissan should talk to our Govt through the foreign affairs ministry if there is an iota of truth here.

A simple feasibility studies if at all Nissan ever considered it will be to build it in Ghana, then export to the whole of west Africa Nigeria inclusive.

Why? Because Nigerian leaders have murdered every chance the nation has on foreign investment of this nature.

As a reminder, 95% of brand new toyotas sold in Nigeria are Assembled in south Africa,

why would Nissan be s!lly to manufacture/assemble in Nigeria if toyota is not complaining?

Use your head bro! Don't try to score cheap points for your clueless masters

Dedeike, continue hoping that ur employer will come out of coma one day,perhaps, just one day. Fresh fart indeed

BTW, are you that daf7 to insinuate that GE and SIEMENS just arrived here because of fresh fart? okupe! okupe! okupe! you really wanna end up like the Defunct beaf, abi!!

joboy is watching your lies. vulcan is an expired company so it is bad news for Nigeria.

Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by sultaan(m): 2:03am On Oct 15, 2013
If Nissan goes to Ghana(which would have made a lot more economic sense instead of expensive Lagos) Nigerian govt will end up with some sort of embargo no matter what the ECOWAS rule states
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Tinyemeka:

Your comment doesn't make sense to me. Could you please explain further?

First you say they'll have us purchase old models. From where?

Then you say they'll be producing newer models.

How is it a win/lose situation?

due to the inherent cost of production, Nissan may choose not to be Assembling newer models in Nigeria, thereby leaving Nigerians with Old models, 1982 Peugeot 504 was still assembled brand new in Nigeria till 2003, can you beat that?
if not for the then Rivers Gov and OBJ, you wouldn't even see the 307 in Nigeria.
that is what he meant.
Re: Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 7:43am On Oct 18, 2013
jp philips:

due to the inherent cost of production, Nissan may choose not to be Assembling newer models in Nigeria, thereby leaving Nigerians with Old models, 1982 Peugeot 504 was still assembled brand new in Nigeria till 2003, can you beat that?
if not for the then Rivers Gov and OBJ, you wouldn't even see the 307 in Nigeria.
that is what he meant.
You're right. There's this Nissan Sunny I'm sure they'll flood the market with.

Meanwhile i wish they could also invest in the cheap, highly stylish Nissan Juke and Quashqai.

Those two will be a monster hit in Nigeria if they don't over-price them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's D Best Oil To Service Sienna Engine. / Where Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? / Porsche And Singer Vehicles Collaborate To Make Porsche 964 DLS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.