Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai (898 Views)

The Shocker GEJ Will Get Next Weekend When He Loses Elections / Ambode, Wike, Elrufai Leads In ANAP Opinion Polls / I'm Not Corrupt, I Pleaded Guilty To Save Nigeria's Image – Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by MurphyT1: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Contrary to his scathing criticisms, former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Mallam Nasir El-Rufai gave President Goodluck Jonathan a clean bill of health on financial accountability and transparency on the international front,a fresh report by Wikileaks has revealed.

In a United States diplomatic cable just made public by the whistle blowing organization, El-Rufai described President Jonathan as “ clean and honest”.

Details of the confidential cable with reference 07ABUJA77, show that the controversial politician gave the endorsement during an interactive session with the erstwhile American Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr John Campbell, in the build-up to the 2007 general elections.

Explaining the rationale behind the emergence of late President Umaru Yar Adua and Goodluck Jonathan as the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) candidates, El-Rufai informed the ambassador that “they were the only two Governors that could have cleared the EFCC hurdles”

The cable further reported El-Rufai as stating that in the contest for the Vice Presidency, “Governor Jonathan was the only candidate that met Obasanjo’s guidelines- honesty and Ijaw”
The Ambassador’s report disclosed that “the Minister said the PDP leadership pushed for Rivers Governor Peter Odili as the Vice Presidential candidate but that Odili along with Governors Markafi (Kaduna) and Mu’azu (Bauchi), face ‘integrity issues’ with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)”.

These disclosures are in sharp contrast to the virulent and disparaging attacks by former minister on President Jonathan whom he is accusing of corruption, profligacy and mismanagement of the nation’s resources.

In one of his recent tirades against the President, El-Rufai alleged that he used “crony capitalist and state funds – variously estimated at between 1 and 2 billion dollars to facilitate his election”

He also accused Jonathan of “practically sharing out the nation’s savings account to state governors, Party apparatchiks and traditional rulers to buy their support for his presidential bid”

According to the diplomatic cable, El-Rufai denied nursing any presidential ambition but stated that his rumoured interest was only being advanced by his admirers including Obasanjo.

“When President Obasanjo called me to ask about my intention, I told him that I would do it, but that I had not campaigned for the position” the report quoted El-Rufai. It added that “According to El-Rufai, the president agreed with him and told him that there were ‘other bridges’ to cross before EL-Rufai was ready “

In the report, The former Minister claimed to have known late President Yar Adua for about 25 years and described him as an “odd fellow”.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/jonathan-is-honest-and-clean-he-is-not-corrupt-elrufai
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by k2039: 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
I agree.
He is clean as long as their is no evidence to support the otherwise

But the fact that their is no evidence to prove the otherwise doesnt necessarily mean he is clean
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by Stallion77(f): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
let him make up his mind na... Is this his final answer? or does he need to call a friend?
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by apala911: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
Why is mallam el rufai making a u-turn of the person of GEJ now............ I am sure something is fishing
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by Femzy24: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2012
Statement of the obvious, we all know GEJ is a honest man that always seek d progress of this country, and I no God will c him tru...so elrufia knew dis fact all dis while,but was only playin d opposition game.
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by Olanlere11: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mallam managed to be objective today. Abi na becos of the power ministry position when him want?
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by mamikky: 3:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chei, controversial mallam el rufai has shown that he is chameleonic
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
Why do majority of naija politivcians/leaders seems to be moles?
Always giving infos to foreign diplomats,is it due to inferiority complex or selfish hope of becoming presido with support of foreign powers?
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by kokosheen(m): 3:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
His statement was made in 2007 during the election build-up. Obviously, his views on Jonathan has changed now, wonder why

1 Like

Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by Idokojimmy: 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
Well when a sinner repents and begins to tell the truth, he should be forgiven. Though related statement was made in 2007, Elrufai in his last interview still admitted that GEJ is an honest man. I think he is beginning to come to term with rationality.
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by BeraBera(f): 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2012
Olanlere11: Mallam managed to be objective today. Abi na becos of the power ministry position when him want?
El ruffian is now Jonathan's friend because he's eyeing the post of Minister of Power
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by MurphyT1: 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2012
kokosheen: His statement was made in 2007 during the election build-up. Obviously, his views on Jonathan has changed now, wonder why

He said GEJ is still his friend, or will he make friends with a corrupt person? here is an excerpt frm d interview he (rufia) granted News diary .

[b]Q:And so, maybe it was this background of misperception about the way you were close to him,President Jonathan , I mean

A Cuts in)Jonathan is my friend,has been my friend from 2003.I am not denyingthat.Iam just saying that even though he was my friend,even though I was a regular visitor to Bayelsa state when he was governor and he visited me several times here in Abuja while I was minister.He came with his executive council to attend an FCT Exco meeting one day,I still remember all that

Q:You mean (as governor of) Bayelsa state?

A:Yeah.We are very good friends and we still are by the way

Q:Hmnnnn?

A:Even though we have parted ways politically.Yes, yes,whatever is happening between us is not personal,it’s institutional.But I had no role in him(Jonathan) being vice president.No, I have to say that.I played a role in fighting the YarAdua cabal when they were playing all kind of game to delay compliance with the constitution,because I was one of the signatories of the call for resignation,the G-53 and G-57 which became Save Nigeria Group.I was one of the founding members of that group.So ,yeah, we played a role.But I diddn’t do it because Jonathan was my friend[/b]

i dnt think his views hav changed, he is just playin d opposition pranks
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by bubadaniel13: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
Kai Mallam,this one Wei you just start to do sweet mouth something is fishy somewhere,abi that rumor of power minister na true....hmmmmm wonders shall never end,everyone has a price oh we will keep watching as events unfold.
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by bubadaniel13: 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2012
Murphy T:

He said GEJ is still his friend, or will he make friends with a corrupt person? here is an excerpt frm d interview he (rufia) granted News diary .

[b]Q:And so, maybe it was this background of misperception about the way you were close to him,President Jonathan , I mean

A Cuts in)Jonathan is my friend,has been my friend from 2003.I am not denyingthat.Iam just saying that even though he was my friend,even though I was a regular visitor to Bayelsa state when he was governor and he visited me several times here in Abuja while I was minister.He came with his executive council to attend an FCT Exco meeting one day,I still remember all that

Q:You mean (as governor of) Bayelsa state?

A:Yeah.We are very good friends and we still are by the way

Q:Hmnnnn?

A:Even though we have parted ways politically.Yes, yes,whatever is happening between us is not personal,it’s institutional.But I had no role in him(Jonathan) being vice president.No, I have to say that.I played a role in fighting the YarAdua cabal when they were playing all kind of game to delay compliance with the constitution,because I was one of the signatories of the call for resignation,the G-53 and G-57 which became Save Nigeria Group.I was one of the founding members of that group.So ,yeah, we played a role.But I diddn’t do it because Jonathan was my friend[/b]

i dnt think his views hav changed, he is just playin d opposition pranks
I don't think so oh,Mallam is just confused ne oh, give him an appointment and see how he will start singing a new song,person Wei abuse Buhari before today they are friends,expect anything from such man...he talks too much
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by Camilia247: 4:16pm On Sep 14, 2012
Mallam againnnn, finally sayin d'truth
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by usmanyaro17: 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Yaya haka kuma Mallam?,this your Oliver twist wahalli is a source of concern,maybe the lesser hajj you went for in Saudi has finally opened your eyes to start saying the truth,swallow your pride and beg GEJ,i know he will forgive you.
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by IjeomaObasi: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Just like the saying, if you can't beat them,you join them...
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by icez: 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2012
mallam....... grin grin grin
Re: SHOCKER!! GEJ Is Honest And Clean He Is Not Corrupt - Mallam Elrufai by OAM4J: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2012

(1)

The Urhobo Chairman Of The Phase III Militant Applauds Kinsley Kuku / I Take Money From Oshiomole Because He Is A Good Governor-eedris Abdulkareem / Boko Haram Sponsors Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.