Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick (29129 Views)

Ngozi Nwosu Is Out Of Hospital (photos) / Ngozi Nwosu Is Still Sick / Nollywood Actress Ngozi Nwosu Has Been Diagnosed With HIV In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Solemntee: 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2012

Popular Nollywood actress, Ngozi Nwosu is critically ill and urgently needs to be flown abroad for treatment to be on her feet again.

Ngozi Nwosu
The actress, who is currently bedridden in her Lagos home is said to have been diagnosed with a kidney related ailment, and there are plans to fly her out of the country for surgery.
P.M.NEWS gathered that her colleagues, led by ace film director, Biodun Aleja, are currently trying to raise the necessary funds needed for Ngozi’s treatment, and a save-our-soul (SOS) message will soon be sent to members of the public who will be required to send their donations to a bank account that will be opened for the actress’ medical bill.  When our reporter called Aleja on phone this morning, he confirmed that the actress is currently bedridden following a kidney related ailment and that there are efforts by him and some colleagues of the actress to make sure she gets back on her feet.
“We gave her some money yesterday to offset the tests she is doing, and we will very likely take her to India very soon. That is why we are trying to raise funds for her. By the time she is done with the tests, we will be sure of the exact ailment, but I think it is kidney leakage or so,” Aleja told P.M.NEWS this morning.
Our reporter was also privy to a text message being sent by another actor, Emma Oguguah to colleagues of the ailing actress soliciting for help. The message reads; “Please let’s not turn this to plenty talk, if you can help financially, please help by paying what you can to GTB account number 0052851673 Ngozi. M. Nwosu. Thanks.”
Ngozi Nwosu, who is one of the lead characters in Amaka Igwe’s Fuji House of Commotion comedy series, has really lost weight and her skin looks pale.
Earlier in the year when Ngozi’s shrunken skin was noticed by her fans, it was rumoured that she was suffering from leukaemia. She was also rumoured to have contracted HIV, but she denied it all.
In an interview, she claimed that ”I lost weight because I wasn’t comfortable with it any longer. I lost weight because, as an actress, I didn’t want to be playing a particular role. I no longer wanted the motherly role I was always acting. I wanted to see myself from another angle.
“I lost weight, especially for my health. I feel good. I feel better. When I wear the kind of clothes I love, I don’t feel stupid. I love wearing hugging clothes. Now I wear them and I see I’m okay in them. So, it is now a crime to lose weight? Just because I lost weight, I now have HIV/AIDS and leukaemia?”
The Imo State-born role interpreter has starred in a number of Nollywood flicks and soaps, some of which include Greatest Weapon, Thunderbolt, Fake Doctor, A Cry For Help, Dark Secret, Dr. Thomas, True Or False, Daddy Must Obey, Fork Up, Vineyard, Harbinger, Ikuku, Night and Day, No Shaking, Open Secret, Private Sin, Slave Master and Living In Bondage.
She also played the role of Madam V Boot in the now rested Ripples TV serial. The most popular among them is Fuji House of Commotion, where she played the role of a mischievous polygamous wife.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/09/14/actress-ngozi-nwosu-critically-sick/
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by apala911: 4:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
Good Nigerians should pls come to the aid of the actress
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Tascocent(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
Nigerians shold come 2 her aid ooooooo just 2 avoid storys dat TOUCH.......................i can still rememba 1 yoruba actor (Dentor), he needed just 250k and died witout any help 4rm Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by adorebee(f): 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2012
Can somebody pls prove to me that there is no BEEF in nollywood?What's all these sickness and deaths all about,
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by MurphyT1: 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
eya, i pray God uses some one to help...
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by OmoAlata(f): 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2012
A little off-topic but how much do Nigerian actors/actresses earn that members of the general public have to donate their loose change? cry
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Koolking(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2012
Is she not Fuji House of Commotion 'Peaceful peace'? I just pray her illness is not the price of reckless lifestyle. Her screen personae has inspired some teens. Let's not cease praying for her recovery. May God save her

2 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by shamama: 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
Let naija people come to her aid abeg,most esp her colleagues in the industry,wishing her quick recovery
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Chai! Dis one wey all these actors dey sick any how turn by turn,wetin dey happen nau? Na wa o! Ije kpoms it is well with you jare.nigerians will surely come to your help.
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Maxymilliano(m): 6:36pm On Sep 14, 2012
Get well Ngo, i'll sure reach out to you.

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by wandeay: 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
Omo Alata: A little off-topic but how much do Nigerian actors/actresses earn that members of the general public have to donate their loose change? cry
not all of them earn much as you think, also she might have been servicing a lot of responsibilities(e.g family), also must have been spending a lot of money on the ill-health, i pray she gets help from all possible sources and a quick recovery

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by methodman(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Tascocent: Nigerians shold come 2 her aid ooooooo just 2 avoid storys dat TOUCH.......................i can still rememba 1 yoruba actor (Dentor), he needed just 250k and died witout any help 4rm Nigerians.
I disliked d way Dento was ignored. Wen i read it dat he needed N250k i was shocked to see d likes of Jide Kosoko and co telling us to contribute into an account. Come to think of it if just 20 popular Yoruba actors/actresses contribute N20,000 dat wud be N400,000. At least dey av an Association. I was really disappointed in them. Just expressing my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Chanchit: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2012
What a pity, she's one of my favourite actress in that fuji house of commotion. They should go and hold her husband Kunle Bantefa(chief Fuji) He should pay more, cos peaceful peace must not die o, that first wife too Toun Oni don die.

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Usokristi: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2012
Oh ! this is really a sad news may God touch the heart of the rich to help her Ngo I will remember you in my prayers

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by tjskii(f): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2012
Eeiya my peaceful peace
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by jajajaja828: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ngozi God shall never leave u bc he created u in his own image and likeness. u shall bounce back in Jesus Name. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by CyberG: 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
Prayer is good no doubt BUT when a person has a know illness, isn't it just common sense to be able to make the best medical care within his immediate city / country? But not Nigeria, people praying stupi.d prayers why the useless government and retardeen Daftluck fly their fat stomach wives to Dubai and Germany on the tax payer's (public) money. But the foolis.h public are only good for praying and being beat down like they are retarde.d and stoopid! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by freecocoa(f): 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hmm

Its really a pity, i feel for her and wish her a speedy recovery but what's this thing about actors and actresses soliciting for funds from public? What happened to the money they make from acting? And why can't their colleagues(atleast the wealthy ones)help them?

If somebody like Enebeli and Ngozi who i and many other people consider prominent actors can solicit for funds from public, i wonder what people like all those girls always playing the roles of runs girls will do if such befell them(God forbid it though).

E just get as e be because i know say some people go dey reason how to dash people wey them dey see as "rich" money undecided
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Alaafialoro(m): 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
Omo Alata: A little off-topic but how much do Nigerian actors/actresses earn that members of the general public have to donate their loose change? cry
^^^that was my thought when I first saw the thread! But ppl shd come to her aid sha!

2 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by quest003: 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
plz ow mch is a basket of tatashè now? My sisters wedding way is on d way so jst want to know the current price.

3 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by henrychubayo: 7:13pm On Sep 14, 2012
Sad news. Nigeria is a pity. Do you guys know that south african govt hospitals are free of charge nor matter the kind of sickness you suffer and how long you stay? All the equipment are bought for their use and if case may be, and all necessary things an ailing person needs are provided free of charge which includes whealchair, clutches, drugs and many more. Private hospitals don't move much here cause govt is free why would you go for private unless you want but not force to. Their insurance is excellent. If our sister is here, she would have forgotten about the surgery cause insurance would have paid it for here. Why can't our govt do the same in nigeria. Thanks to some governors who provide free maternal health care which includes women and children. We need more and we need to mike things work like every other place

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by blumail: 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2012
Murphy T: eya, i pray God uses some one to help...
And that someone can be you & it can be me too...

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ngozi of checkmate and fuji house of commotion the best of amaka igwe series. GOD'll heal u

1 Like

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2012
Ngozi, u're one of the best Nollywood has ever produced, i pray u be on ur feet again soonest.
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by ujukala: 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
The money she is looking for will get to her mysteriously. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by mevisbleek: 7:38pm On Sep 14, 2012
OMG. God help her. This kind kidney wahala minimum N8,000,000M will go down. Please post d acc number when the reveal am. I beg make we try donate. God help us all

2 Likes

Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by cesil92: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2012
Soliciting for financial support, huh?.... I thought tonto dike is driving hummer 3, Actors and Actresses flamboyant costumes on and off set gives me the impression that they are all well to do. Quite a pity, AGN should not let her down
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
Hope she gets well. sad sad
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Navalsadiq(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
Abeg oh!artist where una dey make una come rescue this mama weh they make me laff.biko
Re: Actress Ngozi Nwosu Is Critically Sick by Lanreseg(m): 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2012
Get well soon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Rocks Transparent Dress To "SceneoneTV Subscribers Party" (PICS) / Boluwatife Balogun To Launch Clothing Line / Award Presented To Nino Idibia At His Graduation (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.