Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? (11001 Views)

Is It Ideal Having Another Elaborate Wedding After A Wife/Husband Is Dead? / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? / Marrying Without Parental Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Opoki(m): 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2012
freecocoa: So being African is now an excuse for f00lishness?
No its not, it simply means we have misplace[b]d[/b] priorities, we honour and sees religious leaders as a super-being hence we're forced to do their will not because we want to but because we fear that the outcome of not doing it will be.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Chingyarmani(m): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
i'd advice u to advise that fwend of yours to go for a mental check-up from any of the psychiatrist hospital nearest to him as a matter of urgency to help ascertain his level of sanity#NOJOKE lipsrsealed
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by freecocoa(f): 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2012
Opoki:
No its not, it simply means we have misplace[b]d[/b] priorities, we honour and sees religious leaders as a super-being hence we're forced to do their will not because we want to but because we fear that the outcome of not doing it will be.
Not everyone in africa has misplaced priorities oga, some of us still have common sense, got some education and still in possession of our free will.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by stagger: 6:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
Do these things still happen (people marrying because a "prophet" said so?) Stupidity at the highest level.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by chucky234(m): 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
Laughing in Engrigbo,I pity that marriage sha
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Opoki(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
freecocoa: Not everyone in africa has misplaced priorities oga, some of us still have common sense, got some education and still in possession of our free will.

Accepted!
What about many hundreds who were brought up to accept anything said by a Pastor/Imam.

There are some pple whom their parent can't even decide for them not untill a prophet is seen and so keen that they can't live their lives even as an adult except a prophet/imam is seen!
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by luluosas(m): 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2012
Tell your friend to run 4/40 from that prophet because, he is out to destroy him.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2012
stagger: Do these things still happen (people marrying because a "prophet" said so?) Stupidity at the highest level.
yes it happens! Its unfotunate that the op's friend is an ediot! Listening to a prophet of doom and ignoring his parents. Time shall come when things will come back and hit them like a boomerang!
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by dnawah(m): 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2012
I smell fish!he may hav a wife,or the parents had some one 4 him.he could also be a spirit(person wey die 4 Ghana come 9ja come marry season 10 act 10)
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
Yes.

I'm living in the 21st century.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
stillme: A friend of mine is about to wed without his parent consent. The reason for his action is that the wedding must be done secretly to avoid delay in child birth as revealed to him by a prophet. Is his reason justify his action?

Huh?

So a prohpet is now a pregnancy test? shaddy!!
Are you sure this chick is really pregnant? shocked
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by aieromon(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
Take crappy talk from a fake a$$ prophet?
The last time I checked,the year was 2012.

Rubbish!
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by kennytidistar(m): 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
your parent is your earthly god therefore you must listen to them before taking a marital decision because they knew much secret about your life than your so-called prophet. your parent know your strenght and weakness than anybody else so is better to involve them and listen to the in order to avoid future problem.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 16, 2012
It's not ideal not to involve your parents. Even if they are going to reject your proposal, you still just have to let them know.

And, have you also prayed about it? What is God laying in your heart to do? Sometimes, we need to be certain of God's leading ourselves and not be enslaved. I'm sorry to say this, however it's really so pathetic that we sometimes exalt the words of a Prophet more than the written
Word of God -The Bible!

Remember the Bible says that the Spirit of the Prophet is subject to the Prophet...maybe you should request the Prophet to pray against the purported reason why you should not involve your parent -delay in child bearing. I'm certain that God can move this mountain, too. smiley
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
OlowoTee: It's not ideal not to involve your parents. Even if they are going to reject your proposal, you still just have to let them know.

That's just it.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by vislabraye(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
He's laying a wrong foundation for his marriage. He has to be careful of certain prophets O.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Theblessed(f): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2012
[b][size=16pt]The only man of God I know and I trust his Prophesy, is Prophet T B Joshua.

He not only prophesy into your life but, has the Anointing that breaks the yoke in your life and resolves all the issues including members of you family. To me that's a true Prophet of God - He says it and there you have the complete package - Healing, Deliverance and Restoration plus abundance Blessing! What else, do you need?

Therefore, until another Prophet with greater Anointing than that of Prophet T B Joshua's powerful Anointing emerges then, I will begin to listen to those stories about modern day Prophets - until then, chew on this to realise what the Scripture taught us on how to know a true prophet of God.

In Deuteronomy it says, You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?" "If what a Prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That Prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." (Deuteronomy Chpt. 18 v.21 - 22. NIV)

As you can see, that's the standard with which to measure them. I have had so many Prophesy from men that claimed they are Prophets that never manifested therefore, the one I know is the one I trust.
[/size][/b]
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by UyiIredia(m): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
No it isn't. It's always better to have your parent's blessings in that sort of thing.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Obinoscopy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
There are situations when a man can go ahead and marry a woman of has choice without parental blessings but the reason given by OP doesn't add up
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2012
The only prophet i know and trust is Jesus Christ! Any other prophet that says anything to me must be supported by God's word or message to me. What did the bible say about "honor your father and your mother so that your days will be long". The only commandment with a promise.
If God also confirm what the prophet said to you then God will surely change your parents heart towards you.
The blessing of God does not add sorrow to it.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Pebcak: 7:54pm On Sep 16, 2012
the [/s]falsephet[s] abi wetin u call m n ur friend are silly if his parents wanna harm ur4 friend wey back dey ld v used him for bloood money now dem go dey ball unto to much money tell me if ur papa na dangote one silly prophet will tell u dey shld not come for ur weddin because of delay in child birth its only God that gives children even if i know my parents have jazz or they are witch i wont run from dem i know they wont use it against me and if they do fine i care less smh in slow motion
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Opoki:
@BOLDED: You sounded so harsh, remember that this is Africa where we see our religious leaders as been closer to God and hence we always want to adhere to their direction so no need to abuse or use derogatory word(s).
Peace

What is harsh about the truth? What has PROPHET to do with Africa? The idea "supposedly" comes from the Bible but the truth is IT DOES NOT. Religious leaders are seen as closer to God? Is that even Biblical for crying out loud?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked People have bibles to read and learn truths for themselves, they refuse to do just that and you tell me it is harsh of me to tell them the truth? Since when did being African become synonymous to being STEWPID?

One can only read through so much of the STEWPIDITY without loosing it . . . . sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by juman(m): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
Obinoscopy: There are situations when a man can go ahead and marry a woman of has choice without parental blessings but the reason given by OP doesn't add up

Hmmm. It's odd.

But if the tory was true, the guy should inform his parents about the marriage. Parental blessing is important.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by omiobo: 8:03pm On Sep 16, 2012
Na wa o. People dey vex here gan. Uncle I beg help me tell your frnd that it's not right to marry without his parent consent. Na kobo wey I get I borrow am so. May God bless the lender o jare.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by ibedun: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2012
Well..... to balance the argument i know many marriages with full Parental consent but the marriage has gone off the cliff.

so?
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by tpapi: 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
Symptoms of a false prophet

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Pebcak: 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
tpapi: Symptoms of a false prophet
Gbam wa gbayi very very false prophet what happened to honor ur mother and father in the Bible or how else can u honor your parents by keeping ur wedding from them
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by ajufinz(m): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
'Prophecy' hmm... People dnt fear God at all. The question in d 1st place lacks logical coherance. By implication, it means dat his parents are against d idea (d gal) or they may stop him frm haviN children... This is a trap, weddin has nofin 2do wit child bearin ability.

This is a trap dat only boys/gals fall into...
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by orjidency(f): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
chiteny: I just hate [b]stupi[/b]dity of boys going into marriage. R u sure it's because of prophet or the boy no get money dey use that as excuse?
tink wit ur head b4 writin n nt wit ur anus.
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by orjidency(f): 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
ibedun: Well..... to balance the argument i know many marriages with full Parental consent but the marriage has gone off the cliff.

so?
Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Sep 16, 2012
Pebcak:
Gbam wa gbayi very very false prophet what happened to honor ur mother and father in the Bible or how else can u honor your parents by keeping ur wedding from them

Let's stop twisting Bible abeg . . .Honor Father and Mother have absolutely nothing to do with wedding ooo . In fact the Bible says you will leave father and mother and go marry the person you wan marry. In the old days.

Some traditions had it that men went out and kidnapped for themselves wives and that was it. It still happens in some parts of the world today. And those marriages do ~~ ok. Like some have said, there is no guarantee when it comes to consent or none.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Without One's Parent Consent - Is It Ideal ? by Cuddlemii: 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
stillme: A friend of mine is about to wed without his parent consent. The reason for his action is that the wedding must be done secretly to avoid delay in child birth as revealed to him by a prophet. Is his reason justify his action?

But doing it secretly shouldn't apply to his parents. I understand some couples do low key weddings because they were advised to or they can't afford a big one but exempting their parents is ludicrous. I mean it can be done with just their parents present, no friends or family members.

If I were the lady, I won't accept because women always pay for the consequences, if tomorrow she is kicked out, what proof is there that there was a union- no family witness/albi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Compulsor For A Woman To Know How To Cook? Would You Marry One Who Doen't? / Let's Talk About Online Flirting... / Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.