Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835971 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
Ooooooh... I love this thread, wish I could all meet u outstanding minds in person...

keep the stethoscopes hanging on your necks!!!

Nottin do all of una!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aliandro(m): 6:46am On Dec 05, 2012
Tanks 4 d advice,webfocus.Aw is everytin at idi araba?U are rite with ur info,afta tutorialz u nid 2 study well,but itz not easy here becoz i go 2 akoka 4rm ogun state everyday since d hostel is not open yet.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:57am On Dec 05, 2012
aliandro: Tanks 4 d advice,webfocus.Aw is everytin at idi araba?U are rite with ur info,afta tutorialz u nid 2 study well,but itz not easy here becoz i go 2 akoka 4rm ogun state everyday since d hostel is not open yet.

WHAAAAATTTT!!!??!? You mean you go to akoka from ogun state everyday!!!!

Meeeehn..... They should try and open up the hostels nah, what's going on?? ??

The transport fare u'll be spending everyday for a month may even be equivalent to a full year accomodation... Or u may even squat for free....

Don't u hav any relative, cousin, etc in lagos that u can stay with for sometime...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2012
Huhshocked Lagusta is d one leading the votes in d nairaland poster of d year election.....let's support him oooo...if u haven't vote 4 him,go and vote now!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jacksparrow1: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2012
Sup guyz, need ur suggestions. I m graduate of human physiology and currently a batch C corper, I ll like to take d 2013 may/june direct entry form but wouldn't be done with service till oct 2013. Looking forward 2 study medicine in unilag or ui. Should I purchase d form or just chill till 2014? Time is nt on my side tho
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2012
Hi. I just got admitted 2 U.I 2 study med. & surg. Want 2 join u guys.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nonleviki: 9:57am On Dec 06, 2012
@Tolu k ur highly welkom. Congrats nd welkom 2 d world of medics

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jnrremedy(m): 10:22am On Dec 06, 2012
Lagusta:

Nah, but UNILORIN needs NYSC certificate...

Wait, are u an air force officer
not at all.......hmmmmm how i wish my ans was opposite
btw why did u ask
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2012
Tolu k: Hi. I just got admitted 2 U.I 2 study med. & surg. Want 2 join u guys.
you are welcome ma...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 10:58am On Dec 06, 2012
O.M.E:
you are welcome ma...
10q sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
Do u tink there ar doctors who ar scared of realy sick ppl (accident victims) cos somtimes I tink i'll be scared of som ugly sights.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 2:41pm On Dec 06, 2012
I tink doctors don't realy do much. I respect nurses. What do u tink?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
Jacksparrow1: Sup guyz, need ur suggestions. I m graduate of human physiology and currently a batch C corper, I ll like to take d 2013 may/june direct entry form but wouldn't be done with service till oct 2013. Looking forward 2 study medicine in unilag or ui. Should I purchase d form or just chill till 2014? Time is nt on my side tho

You can still take the risk... Nothing is impossible!!!

Just go to the school of your choice and make enquiries, cos some schools do not need an NYSC certificate...

And moreover, some schools may not resume till november/december, so its still a risk worth taking!!!

All da best... OTONDO!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tolu k: Do u tink there ar doctors who ar scared of realy sick ppl (accident victims) cos somtimes I tink i'll be scared of som ugly sights.

I humbly welcome you to the realm of intelligent brains and brilliant minds!!!

IMHO, a doctor must be prepared to face ANY PATIENT... EVEN A HIV/AIDS PATIENT!!! The sight of blood, wounds, spots, etc must not deter him/her from saving the patient's life...

A doctor has undergone physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual training for GOOD SIX YEARS... So they can never be scared of anything, WE ONLY FEAR GOD, WE DO NOT EVEN FEAR DEATH!!!

Once again, welcome smiley

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tolu k: I tink doctors don't realy do much. I respect nurses. What do u tink?

Yeah, now we are getting to the juicy part...

Nurses DO NOT DO ANYTHING!!! They only sit down and grow fat!!!

It is the house officers (newly graduated doctors) that do the running around, setting IV lines, administering drugs, following the patient to the theatre, following back to the ward, documenting, etc...

Nurses are just there to document the drugs given, and GROW FAT!!! That's all...

Please prove me wrong, thanx!!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lagusta:

IMHO, a doctor must be prepared to face ANY PATIENT... EVEN A HIV/AIDS PATIENT!!! The sight of blood, wounds, spots, etc must not deter him/her from saving the patient's life...

A doctor has undergone physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual training for GOOD SIX YEARS... So they can never be scared of anything, WE ONLY FEAR GOD, WE DO NOT EVEN FEAR DEATH!!!

thank u.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lagusta:

It is the house officers (newly graduated doctors) that do the running around, setting IV lines, administering drugs, following the patient to the theatre, following back to the ward, documenting, etc...

Nurses are just there to document the drugs given, and GROW FAT!!! That's all...

Ur funny. What level ar u.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
Tolu k: Ur funny. What level ar u.

600L unilorin, why do u ask
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 9:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lagusta:

because u must av studied d nurses 4 a whyl b4 saying dat. U've gone a long way. May God help u finish well.Is medicine as difficult as pple c it 2 b.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sinebari: 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2012
Lagusta:

does it mean dat, even if one is afraid of d sight of blood nd wounds, once one graduates 4rm medical skul, d phobia wil disappear?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
[quote
author=Dr.Gboy]
Hope u are shwing those ur fellow medics over there ur mettle?
Don't worry abt any comp, it is well. So, hw hv ur lectures been ?.
We've not 'officially started' has aliandro said, but d exam date still
remains d same.
Best of luck in ur endeavours in med schl....[/quote]hy,lectures ve been fine...taskin i must say....hmmm an xam d8 already? dats crios... wishn u wisdom nd undastandn....tanx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 07, 2012
Lagusta:

Pls do you knw Taiwo Hassan Kilani
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 07, 2012
Tolu k: because u must av studied d nurses 4 a whyl b4 saying dat. U've gone a long way. May God help u finish well.Is medicine as difficult as pple c it 2 b.
no course is a bed of rose they their complexity!! Engrng and Medicine were just assumed most complexed of all,but wit ur mind determined,its going to be releasing but not easy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 1:21am On Dec 07, 2012
Lagusta:

hahaha..Mr Lagusta take it easy nau...pls give us reasons and tell us why you came up with that conclusion..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:10am On Dec 07, 2012
Tolu k: because u must av studied d nurses 4 a whyl b4 saying dat. U've gone a long way. May God help u finish well.Is medicine as difficult as pple c it 2 b.

Amen 2 ur prayer.

Medicine could be easy, and at the same time could be difficult... It all depends on YOU, YES YOU!!!

If u study hard, attend lectures and practical sessions, and you pray feverently, medicine will be easy for u by God's will... But if u party all the time, neglect all your books, or follow "babes" (or "dudes," since you are a babe) well, u kno wetin go shele nah...

One thing is that medical school comes with a lot of stress, so you just have to plan your time and schedule to meet up to the demands of your ogas!!!

CHEERS!!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:18am On Dec 07, 2012
Sinebari: does it mean dat, even if one is afraid of d sight of blood nd wounds, once one graduates 4rm medical skul, d phobia wil disappear?

The phobia will disappear even before you graduate!!!

Like I said before, it all depends on your determination to face your fears, and present them to God to delete them from your mind!!!

I remember when I was in 200L, we wanted to start the dissection of a cadaver... Meeehn I fear sotey I nearly piss for bodi, because what was running thru my mind was "what if this dead body should stand up and shout LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

But, I faced the fear, prayed to God, entered the lab and hat was it: I just pictured the dead bodies as dummies where we hav to gain knowledge from!!!

That's just the way it is!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:31am On Dec 07, 2012
O.M.E:
hahaha..Mr Lagusta take it easy nau...pls give us reasons and tell us why you came up with that conclusion..

1) They are very lazy: they just sit down and call the house officer for any little procedure!!!

2) They do not know anything: during an emergengy, they just run around looking for a doctor, while the patient is dying...

3) They can't take rational decisions: they always depend on the doctor in charge, even asking how to chart the drugs administration...

I hav had many experiences, but once my landlord's daughter died, diagnosis was sickle cell disorder complicated by acute sequestration crisis... While they were transfusing, the nurses didn't give frusemide to prevent volume overload, the child started becoming restless, they decided to give diazepam, they gave it without diluting it and they gave it by push... That was how she had laryngeal spasm...
The funniest thing was when I was called, I met the nurse giving CPR with one hand!!! I had to push the nurse away to start full CPR... But the deed had been done...

If proper medical attention had been given, that child will be bouncing up and down now!!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:33am On Dec 07, 2012
Harjibode:
Pls do you knw Taiwo Hassan Kilani

Yeah, alfa kelani!!! He should know me too...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2012
Lagusta:

1) They are very lazy: they just sit down and call the house officer for any little procedure!!!

2) They do not know anything: during an emergengy, they just run around looking for a doctor, while the patient is dying...

3) They can't take rational decisions: they always depend on the doctor in charge, even asking how to chart the drugs administration...

I hav had many experiences, but once my landlord's daughter died, diagnosis was sickle cell disorder complicated by acute sequestration crisis... While they were transfusing, the nurses didn't give frusemide to prevent volume overload, the child started becoming restless, they decided to give diazepam, they gave it without diluting it and they gave it by push... That was how she had laryngeal spasm...
The funniest thing was when I was called, I met the nurse giving CPR with one hand!!! I had to push the nurse away to start full CPR... But the deed had been done...

If proper medical attention had been given, that child will be bouncing up and down now!!!
CPR with one hand?!... that hand must be fatter than a normal person's two hands combined..hehehe..but on a serious note what the nurse did was silly.. so are you saying that there isn't any advantage in being a nurse..but most nurses i have seen actually help in mental and emotional treatment of patients and that isn't bad at all..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 8:22am On Dec 07, 2012
@ lagusta & hajibode
tanks 4 advice am nt a party kind of girl.btw wher ar d girls/ladies on dis thread.I read a lot it's just dat dis days av bcom lazy cos av nt bn doing much bt i'l begin 2 warm up.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Toluk1(f): 8:36am On Dec 07, 2012
@ o.m.e
mayb it's because lagusta is in a teaching hospital wher ther ar many patients. I was sick & had a bad cough once & wen i got 2 d clinic d nurse added 2 wat d doc asked me 2 use. & my mum,who's a lab tech. Told me dat once a doc. Wer she works Re prescribed anoda anti malaria 4 som1 who had just taken an ovadose of antimalaria & may av died if nt 4 d intervension of a nurse. U knw govt. Workers arn't alway crious wit thier Jobs.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 8:54am On Dec 07, 2012
Tolu k: @ o.m.e
mayb it's because lagusta is in a teaching hospital wher ther ar many patients. I was sick & had a bad cough once & wen i got 2 d clinic d nurse added 2 wat d doc asked me 2 use. & my mum,who's a lab tech. Told me dat once a doc. Wer she works Re prescribed anoda anti malaria 4 som1 who had just taken an ovadose of antimalaria & may av died if nt 4 d intervension of a nurse. U knw govt. Workers arn't alway crious wit thier Jobs.
yeah...they are nurses for a reason...and in my perspective nurses and patients have a stronger relationship

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Kcozor24 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.