Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835621 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 9:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
@LAGUSTA U r such a rare gem!,a light to behold...i pray dat u shall b able to do 2 ya great grandchildren wat they could not do 4 u IJN..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2012
[quote author=Lagusta]

Ok, let me help u...

Starling's law states that the force of contraction of the heart is proportional to the initial length of the muscle fibre.... Therefore, anything that will increase the length, eg increased blood volume, will lead to an increased force of contraction, leading to increased cardiac output... If there is a high peripheral resistance, you know where that will lead to......

BTW, nobody has answered my clinical questions...[/quote
yes....it will lead to increased arterial blood pressure....thanks so much...did i get the erb palsy?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2012

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2012
@ebsuguy... Of course u got the erb's palsy

So, who will answer my clinical questions....

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2012
@lagusta
hmmmm.......u wan fight 4 ya skul? u c,d rating is based on medicals generally,not mbbs alone..,d higher d amount of medical courses,d higher d facilities...d skuls in 1 to 5 all have dentistry,nursing and sum,physiotherapy in addition 2 their mbbs,..
does ya skul av any of those?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
Lagusta: Hey docs, how u'all doing

The art and practice of medicine is a noble one, dating back since the time of man.... In fact, saving a life is like saving the whole of mankind!!!

Please, nobody should read medicine and surgery because of the money, prestige of being called "Dr. Something" or because u think u can hook a lot of babes with it. Go for it because u want to save a life, or u are doing it for God.

Don't mind the fact that u read another course before coming back for medicine.... In fact, there are a lot of pple overseas who had their Ph.D in the arts, but still came back for medicine, why? Because of the passion, the zeal, and the dexterity of the noble profession!!!

This is for those that read economics, engineering, etc.... Do not lose hope, you are highly welcome into the profession!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
i'm into medicine for d pay and other attractive thingscheesy due to pressure 4rm my parents. as for d zeal and passion attached mayb i wuld develop interest later:/ undecided

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
morufoye:
I share your passion. I have a first degree in mechanical engineering and I just got admitted for med/ surg and I am going to it. I am even older than you. Its all about passion. I have travelled around the world quiet a bit and I am always impressed by Doctors. Now, I am going to be one too. I can't help but be impressed and proud of myself considering how I blasted the utme and OAU's bokoharamic putme despite my very tight business schedule. Those will know me in MED school. I am gonna kick their a.s.s
i also share in ur passion,am a first degree holder in botany,going 4 DE next year 4 med/surg @UI/OAU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:02pm On Sep 30, 2012
jayone15: @lagusta
hmmmm.......u wan fight 4 ya skul? u c,d rating is based on medicals generally,not mbbs alone..,d higher d amount of medical courses,d higher d facilities...d skuls in 1 to 5 all have dentistry,nursing and sum,physiotherapy in addition 2 their mbbs,..
does ya skul av any of those?

Na only nursing, health info management we get in addition to anatomy and physiology...

In fact, the nursing and health records is not accredited yet...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:04pm On Sep 30, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

i'm into medicine for d pay and other attractive thingscheesy due to pressure 4rm my parents. as for d zeal and passion attached mayb i wuld develop interest later:/ undecided

LOL....

But please try and develop interest in it, that is the only way u can enjoy it...

Moreover, there are better ways of making money: forex, oil and gas, selling online ebooks, marketing, business, etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
I'm a 400L medical student of Uniben. By january, ill be writing my 3rd MBBS exam in Pathology n Pharmacology then proceed to 500L. I can't wait to graduate. Me don tire.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
Troynow: I'm a 400L medical student of Uniben. By january, ill be writing my 3rd MBBS exam in Pathology n Pharmacology then proceed to 500L. I can't wait to graduate. Me don tire.

Meehn, the almighty path and pharm as we call it here......

My doc, God will see u through!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 01, 2012
@Lagusta tanks a lot bro. I need all d luck o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:50am On Oct 01, 2012
Are medical exams always harder than they seem to be? Is there room 4 OVER SYLLABUS or it's based on what u were simply taught?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:00am On Oct 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
Are medical exams always harder than they seem to be? Is there room 4 OVER SYLLABUS or it's based on what u were simply taught?

In medical school, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR OVER SYLLABUS!!!!

Let me tell u the truth, you cannot cover up the whole syllabus!!! Even if u think u can, u cram all the chaurasia, gannong, etc the silly examiner can just set one silly question that can make u sweat under the a/c!!!

My advice is to read all u can and leave the rest to God... #shikena
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2012
Hashirama: Will be resuming for 200L soon.

Full Unilorin medical student.

Oh, you are very welcome!!!!

How can we meet on 2morro? Please contact me on any of these means, which are posted in my signature... Thanx!

Once again, CONGRATS BRO!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faboben10: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2012
morufoye:
I share your passion. I have a first degree in mechanical engineering and I just got admitted for med/ surg and I am going to it. I am even older than you. Its all about passion. I have travelled around the world quiet a bit and I am always impressed by Doctors. Now, I am going to be one too. I can't help but be impressed and proud of myself considering how I blasted the utme and OAU's bokoharamic putme despite my very tight business schedule. Those will know me in MED school. I am gonna kick their a.s.s
wow! I'm impressed u av just made my yr, docs in d house how tough was it b4 ur admission. I need more of ds pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2012
jayone15: According 2 d info i got on d net as at april last yr....
1.University of Ibadan
2.University of Lagos
3.University of Maiduguri
4.Obafemi Awolowo Uni.
5.University of Benin
6.University of Ilorin
7.U.N.N. NSUKKA
8.University of P/HARCOURT
9.Lagos state uni
10.A.B.U. ZARIA
This list is obviously wrong, d medical sch of the university of benin was blacklisted in december last year. Unilorin should b among d top 5. Anyway d date of d list is long tho, u said april last year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 9:21am On Oct 01, 2012
Hashirama: Will be resuming for 200L soon.

Full Unilorin medical student.
R u a D.E candidate coz i am, jst waitin 4 d 2nd list nd i knw my name would be there.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 01, 2012
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hashirama:

Thanks, man.

I will send my bb pin to you once I subscribe.

I have gotten a space in the Oke- oyi hostels.
Pls, will I be supplied mattress or I should bring mine along?

If you don't stay in the hostels, no probs.

Once more, thanks.

Sorry, u won't be supplied mattresses... So u gotta bring ur own!!!

I don't stay in the hostel, I stay @ asa dam....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lagusta:

Sorry, u won't be supplied mattresses... So u gotta bring ur own!!!

I don't stay in the hostel, I stay @ asa dam....
@lagusta
1. Wat's d teaching hospital(TH) in unilorin like.
2. Wat r d courses being treated or taught in d TH apart 4rm medicine, anatomy, physiology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
opisco01:
@lagusta
1. Wat's d teaching hospital(TH) in unilorin like.
2. Wat r d courses being treated or taught in d TH apart 4rm medicine, anatomy, physiology

Large space, good structures, fairly equiped, good and bad lecturers, etc....

But, u will do your 200 and300L in the college, at the back of the TH...

You won't do medicine yet, only anatomy, physiology and biochemistry, with an integrated paper made up of......

When we see, we chat better!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
Hashirama:

Asa Dam!!!

That's a faaaaaaar place faaa!

Yeah, quite far, but at least I am mobile....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lagusta:

In medical school, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR OVER SYLLABUS!!!!

Let me tell u the truth, you cannot cover up the whole syllabus!!! Even if u think u can, u cram all the chaurasia, gannong, etc the silly examiner can just set one silly question that can make u sweat under the a/c!!!

My advice is to read all u can and leave the rest to God... #shikena

thanks 4 d advice.i really appreciate it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
Just admitted medical students lets rub minds together..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lagusta:

LOL....

But please try and develop interest in it, that is the only way u can enjoy it...

Moreover, there are better ways of making money: forex, oil and gas, selling online ebooks, marketing, business, etc

there are better ways of making money, but none of those proffesions demand such great awe and respect as medicine does. Saving sm1 4rm d cold hands of death is d best gift u can give sm1. Although i had dis flair 4 mathematics which enticed me 2 engineering. On a second thought,medicine according 2 my definition is d ENGINEERING OF LYF. This concept proves 2 b true,ranging frm d discovery,diagnosis of a disease and medication it's smwhat similar to what engineers do.and moreover, there is room 4 inventions and innovations in medicine.imagine u found d cure for AIDS, i'm sure ur lyf wuld neva remain d same. I wuld definetly develop interest in MEDICINE.thankswink

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
O.M.E:
Just admitted medical students lets rub minds together..

i fall into dis category,so whattsapp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

i fall into dis category,so whattsapp?
alright cool..you are going to unilag..saw it on ur previous posts..when are you resuming?..have you gotten any of the recommended textbooks you were told to get?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

there are better ways of making money, but none of those proffesions demand such great awe and respect as medicine does. Saving sm1 4rm d cold hands of death is d best gift u can give sm1. Although i had dis flair 4 mathematics which enticed me 2 engineering. On a second thought,medicine according 2 my definition is d ENGINEERING OF LYF. This concept proves 2 b true,ranging frm d discovery,diagnosis of a disease and medication it's smwhat similar to what engineers do.and moreover, there is room 4 inventions and innovations in medicine.imagine u found d cure for AIDS, i'm sure ur lyf wuld neva remain d same. I wuld definetly develop interest in MEDICINE.thankswink

Now that's the spirit!!!

MEDICINE: A VERY NOBLE ART, WITH DILIGENCE, RESPECT, LOYALTY AND VALOR

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.