Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829706 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 4:04am On Oct 05, 2012
Afeisume: Tnx 4 all u care@dr.lagusto.....hav jst bin admited 2 uniben 2 study mednsurg.
Plx i nid 2 knw if dia ix a difrens btw a radiographer n radiologists..if yes,wot r dey. More anointin!
@afeisume,congrats! i was also admitd in2 uniben 4 d xame course, how is clearance preparatn going?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2012
Chidor6: hey! Am in 400l UNTH.
Been reading thru d thread and i gotta say its quite interestn.
My advice to new med sttdnt: read/study like ur life depends on it, and also pray cos we need God in everythng. And abt wat to read, well read up ur notes, and text books... 'NEVER READ TO PASS EXAMS' Rather READ TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE cos wen u knw d stuff, there aint no way ur failn.
For DE, its better to just get a Cambridge A'level...its a sure bet. I mean i did dat and got in with no stress watsoever... Cya

Hey, welcome to the club bosss...

What u said is really true... I like ur piece of advice, kudos to u!!!

But, unilorin accepts ijmb A levels... At least 13 point!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:04am On Oct 05, 2012
1050mu: @ lagusta mehn boiz r suffering nd smiling.,

Yes ooooo, e no easy!!! But we go still make am, by the grace of the Almighty...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dercilz(f): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2012
1st- please can any1 explain this ijmb and Cambridge A level tn coz i dnt get it. Reason bn dt i'm still a jambito and not familiar with them.
2nd- why are there only males on this thread?
3rd-is it possible to switch from Pharmacy 2 Med? If yes, how?
Thanks for your anticipated. response. smiley1st- please can any1 explain this ijmb and Cambridge A level tn coz i dnt get it. Reason bn dt i'm still a jambito and not familiar with them.
Thanks for your anticipated. response.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2012
Dercilz: 1st- please can any1 explain this ijmb and Cambridge A level tn coz i dnt get it. Reason bn dt i'm still a jambito and not familiar with them.
Thanks for your anticipated. response. smiley

1) Ijmb and cambridge is somehow the same, as it deals with advanced level GCE... What u wrote in WAEC is ordinary level (O level), so ijmb and cambridge is an advanced part... It also guarantees admission into 200L without jamb, but u go still write post utme in your prospective university...

The only difference btw the two is.... Ijmb is organised by ABU zaria... And it guarantees admission into northern unis only, but cambridge is organised by the university of cambridge in london, I believe they will have venues here where u can write it... It guarantees admission anywhere!!!

2) There are just a few females here, that has also puzzled me

3) I believe the only way is to write jamb again while u r in 100L, if u r admitted for medicine, thank God, but if not, don't drop out of the pharmacy.... It is even a good course anyway!!!

Well, I hope I answered your questions!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2012
Omo, this medicine ward round is killing my legs!!!

I kno say e go end one day wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
Lagusta:

1) Ijmb and cambridge is somehow the same, as it deals with advanced level GCE... What u wrote in WAEC is ordinary level (O level), so ijmb and cambridge is an advanced part... It also guarantees admission into 200L without jamb, but u go still write post utme in your prospective university...

The only difference btw the two is.... Ijmb is organised by ABU zaria... And it guarantees admission into northern unis only, but cambridge is organised by the university of cambridge in london, I believe they will have venues here where u can write it... It guarantees admission anywhere!!!

2) There are just a few females here, that has also puzzled me

3) I believe the only way is to write jamb again while u r in 100L, if u r admitted for medicine, thank God, but if not, don't drop out of the pharmacy.... It is even a good course anyway!!!

Well, I hope I answered your questions!!!!!!
The university of cambridge is in Cambridge not London
Universities like ui,unilag and unilorin perform no post de exams
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 05, 2012
ogagusps3: The university of cambridge is in Cambridge not London
actually post utme exams are conducted in unilorin for D.E aspirants
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
O.M.E:
actually post utme exams are conducted in unilorin for D.E aspirants
Ops, slipped my mind..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kadata(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2012
Lagusta: Omo, this medicine ward round is killing my legs!!!

I kno say e go end one day wink

hehehe- you shd have adapted by now laa. Mehn - nor be small tin o o o. you need to see how heavily padded my shoes are. i suppose buy more shoepads sef.
Today was another day. My final 's1 day' in CTSU unit. Next is general surgery. I heard those guys are too stuffy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Superclem(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Starboi10: Have also not paid. My 2go id is tosine24
o.k. am adding u nw. was in skl 2day 4 sme oda tinx, culdnt fyn awt much abt fdt prog bt i learnt we wuld start nxt week
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:09pm On Oct 05, 2012
ogagusps3: The university of cambridge is in Cambridge not London

Sorry about the cambridge error....

But unilorin performs post DE exams oooo, even if u hav 15pt in ijmb....

Unilorin is one of the most competitive universities to enter....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Kadata:

hehehe- you shd have adapted by now laa. Mehn - nor be small tin o o o. you need to see how heavily padded my shoes are. i suppose buy more shoepads sef.
Today was another day. My final 's1 day' in CTSU unit. Next is general surgery. I heard those guys are too stuffy

Hehehe.... That's it oooo....

General surgery is also interesting, that's where u'll see a lot of things, especially laparotomy, appendectomy, hernioraphy, and co.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dercilz: 1st- please can any1 explain this ijmb and Cambridge A level tn coz i dnt get it. Reason bn dt i'm still a jambito and not familiar with them.
Thanks for your anticipated. response. smiley1st- please can any1 explain this ijmb and Cambridge A level tn coz i dnt get it. Reason bn dt i'm still a jambito and not familiar with them.
2 ur 2nd kwestn,am a female o /flesh nd blud/
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
@ ur 2nd kwestn, i am a gal o <flesh nd blood>nd am honourd 2 b a memba of d thread!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstino(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
PLS IS IT ADVISABLE FOR ME TO TAKE D IJMB?? PPLE SEEM 2 CRITICISE IT ALOT..CAN I USE IT TO GET MEDICINE AT UNILORIN THOUGH I APPLIED FOR DENTAL SURGERY AT OBA AWON UNI DIS YR BT NT YET ADMITTED..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chidor6(m): 9:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
Lagusta:

Hehehe.... That's it oooo....

General surgery is also interesting, that's where u'll see a lot of things, especially laparotomy, appendectomy, hernioraphy, and co.....
Also gonna finish s1 postns in general surgery next wk... Its been very cool...esp on theatre days.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
godstino: PLS IS IT ADVISABLE FOR ME TO TAKE D IJMB?? PPLE SEEM 2 CRITICISE IT ALOT..CAN I USE IT TO GET MEDICINE AT UNILORIN THOUGH I APPLIED FOR DENTAL SURGERY AT OBA AWON UNI DIS YR BT NT YET ADMITTED..

IJMB is an alternative to jamb, it guarantees direct entry to 200L into any northern uni, and it is organized by ABU zaria....

Unilorin needs at least 13pt I.e straight Bs in the three subjects physics, chemistry and bioloigy...

But, u hav to be very careful, cos there are a lot of fake 419 ijmb centres in ilorin.... Some are so wicked that they will even give u fake result...

The best thing is to do it in either kwara poly or college of education, ilorin....

CHEERS!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 06, 2012
Hi, everyone. Just came across this thread today. Rily great one. @Lagusta, u're doing a rily gr8 job. Keep it up. I'm also a medical student but a foreign one. So, probably, some ideas here might not be 100% applicable. Although, i could help with some of the questions on sum people's minds as i was studying Dentistry before in a Nigerian university before i crossed over.
For the people asking questions about IJMB and CAMBRIDGE exams, Lagusta gave u the best answers. (I know dt because i also did cambridge A'levels).
Wld lyk to follow the thread so as to learn from the thread and also give my little piece of advice to others. For those aspiring to enter med school, i wish you success in your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:02am On Oct 06, 2012
Also, @Lagusta, there's sumtin i've always needed and probably u cld be of help to me. As a foreign medical student who has been in the nigerian system before, sumtyms, things seem too easy to me(if you know what i mean). So, sumtyms, i wish i cld get nigerian medical school's past questions and tackle it so that i'll know where i stand. There's every chance i might still need to write the Nigerian medical examination after my practice and the training we recieve here is towards USMLE(United States Medical Licensure examination). Our examinations are always in objectives, although, quite challenging but it looks easier to me than what operates in nigeria. Therefore, if u could help me in anyway with past questions of Nigerian universities, i would rily appreciate it. Right now, i've finished with courses like anatomy, histology, embryology, epidermiolgy. Presently taking Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics and Neuroanatomy. I'll really apprec8 ur help, please.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstino(m): 4:45am On Oct 06, 2012
Lagusta:

IJMB is an alternative to jamb, it guarantees direct entry to 200L into any northern uni, and it is organized by ABU zaria....

Unilorin needs at least 13pt I.e straight Bs in the three subjects physics, chemistry and bioloigy...

But, u hav to be very careful, cos there are a lot of fake 419 ijmb centres in ilorin.... Some are so wicked that they will even give u fake result...

The best thing is to do it in either kwara poly or college of education, ilorin....

CHEERS!!!!
PLZ HW DO I OBTAIN D FORM??IS THERE ANY ENTRANCE XAM?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 7:08am On Oct 06, 2012
Gud morning all medics and happy weekend.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2012
alutacontinua: Hi, everyone. Just came across this thread today. Rily great one. @Lagusta, u're doing a rily gr8 job. Keep it up. I'm also a medical student but a foreign one. So, probably, some ideas here might not be 100% applicable. Although, i could help with some of the questions on sum people's minds as i was studying Dentistry before in a Nigerian university before i crossed over.
For the people asking questions about IJMB and CAMBRIDGE exams, Lagusta gave u the best answers. (I know dt because i also did cambridge A'levels).
Wld lyk to follow the thread so as to learn from the thread and also give my little piece of advice to others. For those aspiring to enter med school, i wish you success in your endeavours.

wow!!! a foreign medical student, u're highly welcome 2 dis thread proudly created by our BOSS Lagusta. Well i'm just a fresher at unilag,and i'll need a little piece of advice 4rm u incase i have d opportunity to study overseas.pls how much is d school fees overthere, and also what are d challenges u've encounterd so far?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2012
alutacontinua: Hi, everyone. Just came across this thread today. Rily great one. @Lagusta, u're doing a rily gr8 job. Keep it up. I'm also a medical student but a foreign one. So, probably, some ideas here might not be 100% applicable. Although, i could help with some of the questions on sum people's minds as i was studying Dentistry before in a Nigerian university before i crossed over.

Now this is what ia am talking about... A FEMALE FOREIGN MEDIC!!!!

Please I want u to answer questions concerning studying abroad, USMLE, etc....

Oops, I forgot to say WELCOME!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2012
alutacontinua: Also, @Lagusta, there's sumtin i've always needed and probably u cld be of help to me. As a foreign medical student who has been in the nigerian system before, sumtyms, things seem too easy to me(if you know what i mean). So, sumtyms, i wish i cld get nigerian medical school's past questions and tackle it so that i'll know where i stand. There's every chance i might still need to write the Nigerian medical examination after my practice and the training we recieve here is towards USMLE(United States Medical Licensure examination). Our examinations are always in objectives, although, quite challenging but it looks easier to me than what operates in nigeria. Therefore, if u could help me in anyway with past questions of Nigerian universities, i would rily appreciate it. Right now, i've finished with courses like anatomy, histology, embryology, epidermiolgy. Presently taking Physiology, Biochemistry, Genetics and Neuroanatomy. I'll really apprec8 ur help, please.

Hmmm, past questions from nigerian universities... That will be a bit difficult ooo... This is because our PQs are usually scattered, and the format in one schl could be different from another

But, I will still try shaaa...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2012
godstino: PLZ HW DO I OBTAIN D FORM??IS THERE ANY ENTRANCE XAM?

No entrance exam into ijmb programme, just get the form and start immediately!!!

During the programme u will write three exams: pre-mock, mock and the final exam proper... Since medicine is our goal, you will write three subjects: physics, chemistry and biology...

I don't kno if you can now obtain the form online... I will get the info on that later...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2012
@alutacontinue, welcome! I have some questions regarding USLME, pls can u add me mattofuture@yahoo.com. Finally, females are joining the thread, were u guys scared or what #just kidding
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstino(m): 10:37am On Oct 06, 2012
Lagusta:

No entrance exam into ijmb programme, just get the form and start immediately!!!

During the programme u will write three exams: pre-mock, mock and the final exam proper... Since medicine is our goal, you will write three subjects: physics, chemistry and biology...

I don't kno if you can now obtain the form online... I will get the info on that later...
OK TANZ BOSS, I WUD BE WAITING TO HEAR YOUR CONFIRMATION IF D FORM CAN BE GOTTEN ONLINE AS AM PRESENTLY IN BENIN CITY.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by toluxe0075: 11:02am On Oct 06, 2012
Pls can an average student study medicine, i mean average academically
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
toluxe0075: Pls can an average student study medicine, i mean average academically

This question has also puzzled me seriously...

Most of my lecturers always say that medics are the most brilliant and intelligent of all students.... But I find it hard to be true....

To me, I believe anybody can read medicine, but the zeal must be there... Also, no distractions like babes, clubbing, etc

There are a lot of my former colleagues that are far more intelligent than me, but were withdrawn even at 200L...

So, that's it!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
Happy weekend medics... Who is on call 2day??

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

wow!!! a foreign medical student, u're highly welcome 2 dis thread proudly created by our BOSS Lagusta. Well i'm just a fresher at unilag,and i'll need a little piece of advice 4rm u incase i have d opportunity to study overseas.pls how much is d school fees overthere, and also what are d challenges u've encounterd so far?

@Dr. Gboy, it depends on the country u're willing to go. I am in the carribean and it's a little bit expensive(compared to nigeria) but cheaper (compared to other carribean and american universities). Although, countries like Ukraine and Hungary seem to be a lot cheaper also. All in all, it depends on your financial status or whoever is sponsoring you. But studying abroad is not easy oh(for an average nigerian).

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: barbienazom(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.