Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1829928 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2012
Hey peeps, how's it going Thanx to all the questions answered!!!

Please I just want to state here that I am not the boss of this thread, I merely opened it! Its YOU... YES YOU, that are the bosses, for all the questions, answers, suggestions and new friends made...

So keep up the good work!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 10:23am On Oct 07, 2012
Tobbie9: I've bin following this thread for a while now, its been very informative @lagusta keep up the good job. P. S: I'm officially a part 2 med student OAU Hapi sunday.
nice to meet an OAU Medics.pls how are things run in OAU for d medics.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2012
Can someone explain this part 2,part3 ish in medicine...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2012
alutacontinua:

@yinkhar
did mine at Ibadan. Educational Advancement Centre (Cambridge A'Levels). If u nid more info, i'll be glad to help.
what year did u write your exam? I wrote mine in EAC may/June 2012.. I had 14 points..my name is Wanogho Ogaga.. Did u also write this?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Hashirama:
Bad network over here. I would have replied earlier.

I did my A-levels in school of preliminary studies, offa, Kwara state. Good place. Standard facilities and some good lecturers. Downside is they have a TERRIBLE exam record. My set had ONE person with 13 points. The others(including me) was really mediocre( what the hell, very poor). It is not about the teachers but the students. As for me, I got admitted after the Mock exam. So, I just got unenthusiastic. I flunk my exam, terribly. But the knowledge I gained was really helpful. Instead of re-hashing what you already know in O'levels, more topics are added and explained indepth. The physics is still hard thogrin

The cost is upwards of 100K excluding exams fees in my place. Apparently, inflation affect am too. It depends on the center you choose. Some will just let you do the exam without any prior coaching( very inadvisable). The school will handle your registration and all that AFTER you paid your exams fees.

There's no need to get a form or anything. Once you find a good school and you pass their Mock exams, they will register you for the exam. The next set any school will admit now is the NOV/DEC batch. Or january.

The exam is taken MAY/JUNE and NOV/ DEC. Its a bi-annual exam. Unlike WAEC or NECO, NOV/DEC is NOT GCE. Different questions are set for the two examsgrin
The exams is usually objective, practical and theory. Theory is usually Short Answer Questions(SAQ). Precise and concise. Objective is tricky. Practical, well, is practical.

You may not do the exams if you like. I got in with JAMB, for instance. I regret doing the exams. Knowledge matters. But if you are really sure that you are capable of 13points AFTER the tutoring, then go for it.

One more thing, I m not saying you should go to my former A-level school. If you find somewhere closer to you, Ibadan and lagos, please DO IT THERE.

GOODLUCK!
kinda similar to me too...while I was doing alevels i also did jamb and I got admitted before the alevels results came out...still processing admission to 200lvl tho....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
Hashirama:

Na so grin

I would have done that too buh my results...... I hate it.
na so o...its all good
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 1stUnique(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
I really love dat ur word of encouragement.. It makes me feel much beter cos am also one of d student willing to study medicine with a determination in such a way dat its either MEDICINE or nothing.... Av also start preparing for d next UTME cos i dont want to make some silly mistakes i made in the last jamb and post jamb... Really love to be one of d medic... Infact, i cant just wait
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
yinkhar:
i need help 4 where to get d form,hw much is it?wats d duration of d exam?d skul fee?and oda tins u consider i need to knw

You could get the form in the school office at Bodija. The school itself is situated at Awolowo Street, Bodija. As at when i left, the school fee was N186,000 but i'm sure it'll be around N200,000 now. Accomodation: School hostel was N210,000 then, don't know how much it'll be now. Exam fee was N78,000. With regards to accomodation, i didn't stay in the school hostel, i stayed in anoda private hostel close to school. The hostel was N135,000 then excluding feeding. You have to take care of your feeding yourself. If you nid any more info, pls, let me know. I'm sorry for the late replies. I'm not nigeria-based and there's a 5-hour difference in the time. gud luck. I guess @ogagusps3 shld be able to help you with the latest info.

ogagusps3: what year did u write your exam? I wrote mine in EAC may/June 2012.. I had 14 points..my name is Wanogho Ogaga.. Did u also write this?

I wrote my own exam in may/june 2010. Glad to meet sum1 from EAC here. Nd 14 points, waoh, dt's rily gr8. Av u bin admitted to any university now? Is Chem. G (Mr. Gbenga Adebambo) still in the school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
1stUnique: I really love dat ur word of encouragement.. It makes me feel much beter cos am also one of d student willing to study medicine with a determination in such a way dat its either MEDICINE or nothing.... Av also start preparing for d next UTME cos i dont want to make some silly mistakes i made in the last jamb and post jamb... Really love to be one of d medic... Infact, i cant just wait
same wif me oo..may GOD help all of us!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ogagusps3: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
alutacontinua:

You could get the form in the school office at Bodija. The school itself is situated at Awolowo Street, Bodija. As at when i left, the school fee was N186,000 but i'm sure it'll be around N200,000 now. Accomodation: School hostel was N210,000 then, don't know how much it'll be now. Exam fee was N78,000. With regards to accomodation, i didn't stay in the school hostel, i stayed in anoda private hostel close to school. The hostel was N135,000 then excluding feeding. You have to take care of your feeding yourself. If you nid any more info, pls, let me know. I'm sorry for the late replies. I'm not nigeria-based and there's a 5-hour difference in the time. gud luck. I guess @ogagusps3 shld be able to help you with the latest info.

I wrote my own exam in may/june 2010. Glad to meet sum1 from EAC here. Nd 14 points, waoh, dt's rily gr8. Av u bin admitted to any university now? Is Chem. G (Mr. Gbenga Adebambo) still in the school?
G baba.. That guy was my inspiration thru out my time there... I made sure my highest grade (A*) was in chemistry.. He's the best teacher to ever teach me... I've been admitted by Direct entry to study medicine in the university of Ibadan.. 14 points is good, but there were about 6 people with 16 points from the school this year alone
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jayone15(m): 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
@yinkhar
gud 2 hear...am also a uniosunite wif d same strong dreams of urz...i checked ur profile and there was no way of contacting u! u should pls add me on 2go(hesjay5000) or beta still tell me how we can get 2 talk
cheers!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
ogagusps3: G baba.. That guy was my inspiration thru out my time there... I made sure my highest grade (A*) was in chemistry.. He's the best teacher to ever teach me... I've been admitted by Direct entry to study medicine in the university of Ibadan.. 14 points is good, but there were about 6 people with 16 points from the school this year alone

waoh. dt's gr8 news. wish u best of luck in ur medical career in ui.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sportyblinks: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
@tobbyy.....wtsup, jst gaind admisn 2 in2 O.a.u....sam cours, wana knw u beta mayb 4 sum advic, kindly apreciat if u cud drop ur no. or ur 2go i.d
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2012
Good morning medics, its a brand new day!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by snave007(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2012
jayone15: same wif me oo..may GOD help all of us!!!!
same with me,although hv been admitted to read plant biology and biotechnology in uniben, still bent on reading medicine.I pray God grants us our heart desires amen
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yinkhar(f): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2012
Hashirama:
Bad network over here. I would have replied earlier.

I did my A-levels in school of preliminary studies, offa, Kwara state. Good place. Standard facilities and some good lecturers. Downside is they have a TERRIBLE exam record. My set had ONE person with 13 points. The others(including me) was really mediocre( what the hell, very poor). It is not about the teachers but the students. As for me, I got admitted after the Mock exam. So, I just got unenthusiastic. I flunk my exam, terribly. But the knowledge I gained was really helpful. Instead of re-hashing what you already know in O'levels, more topics are added and explained indepth. The physics is still hard thogrin

The cost is upwards of 100K excluding exams fees in my place. Apparently, inflation affect am too. It depends on the center you choose. Some will just let you do the exam without any prior coaching( very inadvisable). The school will handle your registration and all that AFTER you paid your exams fees.

There's no need to get a form or anything. Once you find a good school and you pass their Mock exams, they will register you for the exam. The next set any school will admit now is the NOV/DEC batch. Or january.

The exam is taken MAY/JUNE and NOV/ DEC. Its a bi-annual exam. Unlike WAEC or NECO, NOV/DEC is NOT GCE. Different questions are set for the two examsgrin
The exams is usually objective, practical and theory. Theory is usually Short Answer Questions(SAQ). Precise and concise. Objective is tricky. Practical, well, is practical.

You may not do the exams if you like. I got in with JAMB, for instance. I regret doing the exams. Knowledge matters. But if you are really sure that you are capable of 13points AFTER the tutoring, then go for it.

One more thing, I m not saying you should go to my former A-level school. If you find somewhere closer to you, Ibadan and lagos, please DO IT THERE.

GOODLUCK!
thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yinkhar(f): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2012
jayone15: @yinkhar
gud 2 hear...am also a uniosunite wif d same strong dreams of urz...i checked ur profile and there was no way of contacting u! u should pls add me on 2go(hesjay5000) or beta still tell me how we can get 2 talk
cheers!
av sent u request on 2go
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yinkhar(f): 11:16am On Oct 08, 2012
[quote author=alutacontinua]

Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyr(m): 2:39pm On Oct 08, 2012
gud afternoon gr8t docS,Anatomy,physiology,med.biochem,INT tins...in two months time.i can't just wait.great medic's,great DELSU
GUD BYE TO 100L
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by blabber15(f): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2012
Many ex-EAC students here. I wrote the May/June 2011 exams. PCB, resuming 200lvl in UI this new session. Hey guys! Which courses do 200lvl medical students study? Any book recommendations? Tips for success?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chidor6(m): 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2012
blabber15: Many ex-EAC students here. I wrote the May/June 2011 exams. PCB, resuming 200lvl in UI this new session. Hey guys! Which courses do 200lvl medical students study? Any book recommendations? Tips for success?
hey! congrats....u'll do Anatomy( gross anatomy, histology and embryology), Physiology and Biochemistry...and 4 General Studies courses( this is what we did in UNN. for textbooks last anatomy(gross), Indebir Singh(histology), T.W Saddler(embryology), Physiology(Gayton and Hall) and biochemistry(Harpers)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by opisco01(m): 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2012
I've finally resumed unilorin, I also did Cambridge A level in EAC ibadan that's d best place to do A level. I had 14 pts nw I'm in unilorin studying medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmy9ite(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hello medics! Its good to hear from y'all. I have loved medicine since when i was a kid,my dad is a doc and i have learnt a lot from Dr. Ben Carson from his two books (Gifted hands and Think big). Wrote Jamb this year (twas low), did change of uni from ABU to Uniuyo, wrote the post ume, scored higher but the aggregate was.....smh! First list'z out, supplemented for mcb, still waiting for 2nd list and supp list. And yes, just like ben, i watch two programs a week and read my books like never before.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
long time fellas....how has it been...sowie been preparing for my exams.....am starting next week with physiology God help me....so what did i miss?...wia is lagusta,gboy etc?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
ebsuguy: long time fellas....how has it been...sowie been preparing for my exams.....am starting next week with physiology God help me....so what did i miss?...wia is lagusta,gboy etc?
It is gud here as ever.God will see u through in your exam.gud afternun
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 3:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
tnx...aw are u?....what level and school are u?
tayyibb: It is gud here as ever.God will see u through in your exam.gud afternun
tnx...aw are u?....what level and school are u?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tobbie9(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2012
wats gud guys, @ebsuguy wishing u all the best in ur physio exam, i'll be writing my final part 1 exams in about 2 months . May God help us all.PEACE
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
ebsuguy: tnx...aw are u?....what level and school are u?tnx...aw are u?....what level and school are u?
You are welcom.I'm fine,and u?I just gain admsn to study medcn and surgery in OAU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 7:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
tayyibb: You are welcom.I'm fine,and u?I just gain admsn to study medcn and surgery in OAU
okay congrant wellcome to the club.....God will definitely see us through

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.