Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1834820 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JERIZO(m): 10:50pm On May 27, 2016
Furiad:
Hello docs,a really nice thread you lot got here...am a 100L medic. Student in BSU and am not sure on the courses am offering...will greatly appreciate it if someone can list'em out detailedly(with the codes)
You will offer almost all the courses offered by 100lv students in the faculty of sciences.
All the 3 Gst - 111, 121, 132
Chm101, 111, 141-practical Chem
Phy101,103, 105-practical phy
Bio 101
MTH 101
Make sure you don't fail any of the above courses.
Go and print your course form, it contains all the courses you are to offer.
Goodluck.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 10:51pm On May 27, 2016
Millex:
Labodinho I sight you, ow market

Boss millex,market dey move,Glory to God.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:01pm On May 27, 2016
amulet:
Good evening great minds pls I would like to know more abt cardiology .....dats d aspect of medicine I intend to specialize in am still an aspirant though BT pls how does one become a cardiologist.....thanks in advance
I think you shouldn't bother yourself much about specialization now...
Anyway cardiology is an awesome specialty, to become a cardiologist first you finish medical school, then ur housemanship, followed by youth service. Then sit for your primaries(exam that will qualify you for residency training), and secure a place for residency training in any teaching hospital where cardiology is accredited.

Check out this link if you want to know more about it as a specialty
www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248935.php

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:02pm On May 27, 2016
labodinho:

Boss millex,market dey move,Glory to God.
Thank God

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 11:16pm On May 27, 2016
@Sire Millex. How the goings na? Cc: Labodinho. Baba! I'm Loyal sire. how studies na?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SweetieConstie(f): 11:19pm On May 27, 2016
GideonOmach:

Good! how's preparations ma?

Lol.... Great! We're doing our best and asking for God's help too...grin

And yours?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:37pm On May 27, 2016
jemmiee:
Thanks, I'm determined ooo. Nothing will stop me. 2014/2015 session.
OK.take care!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 11:37pm On May 27, 2016
GideonOmach:
@Sire Millex. How the goings na? Cc: Labodinho. Baba! I'm Loyal sire. how studies na?

Boss,all going well here,wbu?got ur msg "there".
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:41pm On May 27, 2016
GideonOmach:
Chief, going is good working towards an end To the aspirant state to advance to the student state..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:04am On May 28, 2016
Diary of a Medical House Officer (cont.) https://unilaglabodinho./2016/05/28/diary-of-a-house-boycont/
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amulet: 8:40am On May 28, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
I think you shouldn't bother yourself much about specialization now...
Anyway cardiology is an awesome specialty, to become a cardiologist first you finish medical school, then ur housemanship, followed by youth service. Then sit for your primaries(exam that will qualify you for residency training), and secure a place for residency training in any teaching hospital where cardiology is accredited.

Check out this link if you want to know more about it as a specialty
www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248935.php
thanks for d info God bless.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 11:12am On May 28, 2016
SweetieConstie:

Lol.... Great! We're doing our best and asking for God's help too...grin
And yours?
Amen. Well. we're kicking Ma! by God's Grace.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2016
labodinho:

Boss,all going well here,wbu?got ur msg "there".

All glory to God. we're gliding life Sir by God's Grace. only say we dey strike currently.

Oh! alright Sir. I'll try check in soon.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 11:35am On May 28, 2016
GideonOmach:

All glory to God. we're gliding life Sir by God's Grace. only say we dey strike currently.

Oh! alright Sir. I'll try check in soon.

Strike ehya,God will surely take control bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2016
Millex:

Chief, going is good working towards an end To the aspirant state to advance to the student state..

Yes Boss! that's the Spirit Brother! I pray success in this phase of the race Sir!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 11:41am On May 28, 2016
labodinho:

Strike ehya,God will surely take control bro.
Amen ooo Bro. thanks a bunch!!

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by justinenho: 11:42am On May 28, 2016
This is revolutionary for medical students.

Download this android app QUICK CHART EMR on play store and your life won't remain the same.

All of us looking for ways to fill our log books.

All of us abused by consultants at ward rounds and clinic sections lol.

Don't forget to thank me later.

Cheers!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 11:48am On May 28, 2016
GideonOmach:

Yes Boss! that's the Spirit Brother! I pray success in this phase of the race Sir!
Thanks chief, as well in your phase
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 11:55am On May 28, 2016
Millex:
Thanks chief, as well in your phase
Thank you Sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:06pm On May 28, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Furiad(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2016
You will offer almost all the courses offered by 100lv students in the faculty of sciences.
All the 3 Gst - 111, 121, 132
Chm101, 111, 141-practical Chem
Phy101,103, 105-practical phy
Bio 101
MTH 101
Make sure you don't fail any of the above courses.
Go and print your course form, it contains all the courses you are to offer.
Goodluck.Thanks so much!!I appreciate big time-failing is not an option.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by spartacusdove(m): 12:38am On May 29, 2016
jemmiee:
Some schools don't accept o... In Unical who go even answer you? Lol even if you have five points.

I've been following ur comments, it seems u sch in unical. I applied for med in unical through DE with my BSc biochemistry (second class lower). What are my chances? What do I need to know?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by spartacusdove(m): 12:55am On May 29, 2016
Donpre:

I feel its for the best, basic medicine science would include basic knowledge of all three musketeers, Biochem, Anatomy and physiology... throwing an anatomist, physiologist or biochemist into a clinical scene could be catastrophic[in the Nigerian scene]. I feel NUC was tryna copy the american curriculum, without considering the level of knowledge a basic medical science graduate would have acquired.

#MyOpinion #PlzDon'tChopMyHeadOffgrin

This is so true I'm a biochemist and I've apply for med DE already, it could be a disaster for me if I get thrown straight into clinicals as I have very little knowledge of anatomy and physiology. NUC should reconsider and make proper preparations before implementing it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 12:58am On May 29, 2016
Millex:
If Zoology nd Mcb can so can Anat nd all
yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 1:05am On May 29, 2016
spartacusdove:

I've been following ur comments, it seems u sch in unical. I applied for med in unical through DE with my BSc biochemistry (second class lower). What are my chances? What do I need to know?
Ai schoolED... My dear to be frank, if you're not from Cross River State, you're on a long thin line. Ai inquired from one of the lecturers, she told me someone with a 2.2 can be taken if d person is an indigene. So my dear, you have a 2% chance if you are not from Cross River State. But pray hard though, don't be discouraged.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 1:07am On May 29, 2016
spartacusdove:

This is so true I'm a biochemist and I've apply for med DE already, it could be a disaster for me if I get thrown straight into clinicals as I have very little knowledge of anatomy and physiology. NUC should reconsider and make proper preparations before implementing it.
That's true.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Israelegere: 5:17am On May 29, 2016
Get admission/admitted into 2016/2017
1>Medicine & surgery
2>Pharmacy
3>Nursing or any course of choice @Ternopil state medical university Ukraine one of the best in Ukraine or any other institution in Ukraine
Affordable tuition fees
enquiry call Doc.Israel Madumere@ +2348037809626 or +380936814038 or E-mail @israelcherechi1@gmail.com or you can message me on facebook user name Israel-egere Cherechi or message me on Whatsapp with +380936814038
Hurry up don't miss this opportunity......... please share and post to others interested
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Micsnazzy(m): 6:19am On May 29, 2016
please can I study Industrial Mathematics in FUTA through Direct Entry with a lower credit of 2.97 in statistics?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2016
jemmiee:
That's true. Although anatomy and physiology graduates from Unical can go straight into Clinicals because they offer same courses with medicine students till year three.
you mean anatomy and physiology students offer biochemistry, anatomy and physiology?.... now that's shockingly weird
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:46am On May 29, 2016
spartacusdove:

Thank God you see my point
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:10am On May 29, 2016
jemmiee:
That's true. Although anatomy and physiology graduates from Unical can go straight into Clinicals because they offer same courses with medicine students till year three.
I think this system will culminate to another uproar in medical schools.What do you say of graduates of biochemistry, microbiology et all.Do they have Broad knowledge of Basic medical sciences?preferential treatment to a particular group of bsc holders will be absurb and inconsequential. The current policy should continue.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2016
Donpre:

you mean anatomy and physiology students offer biochemistry, anatomy and physiology?.... now that's shockingly weird
What will say of those interested in Dentistry?so,you mean preclinical dental sciences could be waved.uniformity should be embraced.No shortcut to success

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.