Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837491 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:57pm On May 30, 2016
Millex:

Lol I ain't throwing blame tho, am just stating that there needs to be a system in place where healthcare is placed above money. If there is a system where every nigerian has health insurance then if the person has help issues rather than having the person making deposit here and there treatment can start spot on. I think that's what is used in UK not sure tho but corruption won't let it work.
sorry for your loss sir, do accept my condolences (tho its coming late)

As regards the insurance scheme, I think its way overdue. Such schemes would save a lot of life and greatly improve our healthcare system. The fact is, I don't necessarily blame the doctors. Who is to say that the patient would pay after being treated?, What if the patient doesn't make it, who is gonna pay for the doctor's work, drugs, surgery, bed etc?

Even in the US, UK etc, you might be stabilize from dying by the hospital buh continued treatment won't happen unless your work covers health insurance, you are a part of a health insurance scheme or you're ready to pay cash. Hence, Dr. Gideon saying doctors down here are black devils in white coat and what not because they follow same(almost same) procedures doctors around the world follow is just TOTALLY WRONG!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 12:14am On May 31, 2016
Donpre:

As regards the insurance scheme, I think its way overdue. Such schemes would save a lot of life and greatly improve our healthcare system. The fact is, I don't necessarily blame the doctors. Who is to say that the patient would pay after being treated?, What if the patient doesn't make it, who is gonna pay for the doctor's work, drugs, surgery, bed etc?

Even in the US, UK etc, you might be stabilize from dying by the hospital buh continued treatment won't happen unless your work covers health insurance, you are a part of a health insurance scheme or you're ready to pay cash. Hence, Dr. Gideon saying doctors down here are black devils in white coat and what not because they follow same(almost same) procedures doctors around the world follow is just TOTALLY WRONG!
True we can't do the care first even tho oath of hippocrates asks that, we Nigerians can be cunning, they will say, " you didn't save his life so what money do you wanna collect " or sentiment would creep in " can't you see we are mourning, soo heartless ". If we were to run treat first, oh boy hospitals would have closed down Tey Tey. We need a unified system like NHS, where people have accounts where they contribute to their healthcare future need. Also like I stated all the olowo's busy throwing around money and doing the whole publicity once in a year philanthropy can try donating to hospitals for maintenance of their wards, buying drugs etc.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2016
DrHayZeed:

Are u kidding bro?
Nursing and MLS BMS courses?
Pls what is BMS nd kindly tell us wat clinical and health sciences are.
Thanks sir
I'm writing from a unibenite perspective.I don't know how it is done in your school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 9:36am On May 31, 2016
Millex:

Lol I ain't throwing blame tho, am just stating that there needs to be a system in place where healthcare is placed above money. If there is a system where every nigerian has health insurance then if the person has help issues rather than having the person making deposit here and there treatment can start spot on. I think that's what is used in UK not sure tho but corruption won't let it work.
Hmmmm.. that's it!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 9:49am On May 31, 2016
Donpre:

laughs. please, I didn't say all. I had those in mind before I said so. but at least before we talk of all that, give a kind of first hand or emergency treatment first as the situation demands. make an effort first to save the life, when you've gotten underway, you can talk of all the sundries. you could do it as "no further treatment until the agreement is reached" fine. that's okay! I'm not saying they are not right. they are, considering the Nigerian settings. Nigerians are stubborn and arrogant at times but a little wisdom would do. but some are just more different from the others that's why I used the phrase "black devils in white lab. coats and white professions like this". I'm sorry that language lacks properness, so to speak but it describes some medics when you are in that situation especially, you're innocent of all those other people's arrogance and you don't understand the Doctor's own terms but a little wisdom would do and makes the difference.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 9:53am On May 31, 2016
Donpre:

wow! the same MB med students prepare for months before writing, you'd only need 1 month?shocked..... You must be wonder woman
this guy self! we all have different abilities. we know how far we can be stretched. Laughs.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by naruto02(m): 11:24am On May 31, 2016
gebhota:
are u doing it in ng?
No I'm doing it in south africa. I tried the 1 in zaria I paid 10k with other 300 students dey picked 12 or was it 13 only. So I decided to checkout SA but I found out that it was even cheaper.(But btw that time to now our currency has depreciated)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 31, 2016
naruto02:

No I'm doing it in south africa. I tried the 1 in zaria I paid 10k with other 300 students dey picked 12 or was it 13 only. So I decided to checkout SA but I found out that it was even cheaper.(But btw that time to now our currency has depreciated)
hmmm u r invited to this thread though https://www.nairaland.com/3120882/ask-pilot/3#46126363
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 2:24pm On May 31, 2016
GideonOmach:
Oga Donzeez! Sorry for the long text again. laughs!

Everyone been about how weird it is for a student of one of the premed. science courses to do other medical science courses as medical students do.
what about my school where a student of zoology does courses like anatomy, physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, along side other zoology courses like histology, cytology, parasitology and the others.
lol I'm surprised they are suprised. Lol

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 2:26pm On May 31, 2016
Millex:

Na so oh, my dad died too because when we got to hospital and his BP was checked (200 something) we were still kept waiting for another 3 hours, they were telling us to buy oxygen, vasopressin etc. That's how He died hours later, so many others. If only emergency medical service had been applied maybe he may be alive or maybe not, would have been worth a try.
Apart from govt, nothing stops individuals from donating to help build wards and stock up their drugs. Then again what do I know,
sorry about that dear.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 2:28pm On May 31, 2016
Donpre:

wow! the same MB med students prepare for months before writing, you'd only need 1 month?shocked..... You must be wonder woman
ai believe you are very conversant with use of English. Ai said "at least"
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 2:32pm On May 31, 2016
Drdonzeez:
I'm writing from a unibenite perspective.I don't know how it is done in your school.
In Unical, biochemistry, physiology and anatomy are under basic medical school sciences, radiography, public health science, nursing and medical lab science are under allied medical school science, medicine and surgery and dentistry are under clinical sciences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by naruto02(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2016
gebhota:
hmmm u r invited to this thread though https://www.nairaland.com/3120882/ask-pilot/3#46126363
I know about d thread. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GideonOmach(m): 3:27pm On May 31, 2016
jemmiee:
In Unical, biochemistry, physiology and anatomy are under basic medical school sciences, radiography, public health science, nursing and medical lab science are under allied medical school science, medicine and surgery and dentistry are under clinical sciences.
that's how I knew it too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 3:32pm On May 31, 2016
GideonOmach:
that's how I knew it too.
Okay
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 6:10pm On May 31, 2016
jemmiee:
OK.but ,Do you think dentistry has come stay in unical?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 7:19pm On May 31, 2016
Drdonzeez:
OK.but ,Do you think dentistry has come stay in unical?
My dear ai don't know o. Twas when ai was graduating ai saw some students parading themselves as dentistry students in college, ai said hian! When did this one start? Ai had to confirm from a lecturer that true true, dentistry is for real in Unical. But I'm not recent though.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 7:50pm On May 31, 2016
jemmiee:
My dear ai don't know o. Twas when ai was graduating ai saw some students parading themselves as dentistry students in college, ai said hian! When did this one start? Ai had to confirm from a lecturer that true true, dentistry is for real in Unical. But I'm not recent though.
OK..Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 9:46pm On May 31, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:44pm On May 31, 2016
jemmiee:
ai believe you are very conversant with use of English. Ai said "at least"
haba ma!, I'm just joking, didn't mean to offend you(if I did)

well I now get why you said a D.E student would less likely fail their MB. If actually they do same courses with Med students for over 3 years and still redo those courses for another 2 years, then they aren't expected to fail. Buh then wetin aspirant like me know
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 9:21am On Jun 01, 2016
Donpre:

haba ma!, I'm just joking, didn't mean to offend you(if I did)

well I now get why you said a D.E student would less likely fail their MB. If actually they do same courses with Med students for over 3 years and still redo those courses for another 2 years, then they aren't expected to fail. Buh then wetin aspirant like me know
lol sorry jare, don't mind my tone, abi o.... They do same courses just from year one to year three first semester, while the medicine students write their MB in the second semester, the BSc students fly to their different tents...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2016
I’m I Religion biased?
It was once said that there are three learned professions “the physician, the scribe (lawyer) and the priest” well i have my personal reservations for our priests anyway (them be pastor, alfa or babalawo, all na priest, in fact them be kowoje- kowoje priests that is,they like chop money) let me narrate another experience for you… A woman, after giving birth, had post partum ecclampsia (haha, that’s not latin, nor is it greek, it just means she has proteins in her urine, and her BP was hitting the celling), naturally, we discharge normal patients either... https://unilaglabodinho./2016/06/01/im-i-religion-biased/#more-2194
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EduRegard: 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2016
Evening here, let us be aware that we can [url=eduregard.com/library-category/textbooks/]download medical textbooks here for free[/url].

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hello guys, its been a while here. I have come to introduce a blog where prospective medical house officers and intern pharmacist, medical laboratory scientist, radiographers, physiotherapist, dietetics converge to seek first hand, real time information on any news about internship.

The blog is constantly updated with information about hospitals that are currently accepting applications, requirements, mode of application, exam dates.

www.nigerianmedinterns.com

So guys don't get deformed, please be informed.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 4:54am On Jun 02, 2016
The Joshesuites

It would be a mistake if i don’t mention these groups of JOHESUITES

LAB SCIENTISTS!!!

Hey, don’t get me wrong!! I love these goons, i respect them a lot, but why must they cross their boundary, why??

They can never do the work of a pathologist (be it chemical pathology, microbiology, hematology or histopathology)

imagine a lab scientist running assay for PSA (do they even know what PSA means??) or checking for reed-sternberg cells (do they even know the difference between normal and abnormal white blood cells??) or they are called to review a patient that has been refractory to all forms of antibiotics (make i no even talk sef) or finally, they are called to perform[url=unilaglabodinho./2016/06/02/the-joshesuites/] ...continue reading[/url]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 10:26am On Jun 02, 2016
labodinho:
The Joshesuites

It would be a mistake if i don’t mention these groups of JOHESUITES

LAB SCIENTISTS!!!

Hey, don’t get me wrong!! I love these goons, i respect them a lot, but why must they cross their boundary, why??

They can never do the work of a pathologist (be it chemical pathology, microbiology, hematology or histopathology)

imagine a lab scientist running assay for PSA (do they even know what PSA means??) or checking for reed-sternberg cells (do they even know the difference between normal and abnormal white blood cells??) or they are called to review a patient that has been refractory to all forms of antibiotics (make i no even talk sef) or finally, they are called to perform[url=unilaglabodinho./2016/06/02/the-joshesuites/] ...continue reading[/url]
nice but funny

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deedrizzie: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2016
Good day all... please i need explanation on Ondine's curse... and its effect on normal respiration...causes,effects... symptoms.. . and generally what i can write abt it in my upcoming exams. Thanks In Anticipation
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 7:18pm On Jun 02, 2016
AmbFitsaint:

grin grin

Shey u don't pray for more time to gather the extraneous momentum for MB ni?

The more the time we spend with our "girlfriends", the more the likelihood of stealing a distinction(one is not bad) from the stinging baes. They shouldn't remain a virgin in our set at least that cunning physiology fond of slying good-looking anf industrious guys

LOL
Yeah I need time but not 6 months. And I don't think distinction will be based on our final exams alone. Tests will have their say too.
That your comment about physiology dept got me laughing
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
FG scrapped POST-UTME today, says cut-off mark is 180 for University, polytechnic and Colleges of Education
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2016
Shekstatari:
FG scrapped POST-UTME today, says cut-off mark is 180 for University, polytechnic and Colleges of Education
Totally impossible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 11:01pm On Jun 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: OG316, Dododawa01 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.