Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? (2902 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Buhari Confused South East Geopolitical Zone with Igbo Tribe in his Media Chat / Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 16, 2012
I mean, all these killings wey dem don dey do in the North nko?

Havent they decreased their numbers by now? Who is truly the largest tribe in Nigeria?

Let's stop the illusion, we all know the north is close to deserted with a few cows here and there.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by ektbear: 3:01am On Sep 16, 2012
Well, they never were the largest ethnic group.

It is only some supposed group called "Hausa-Fulani" that was numerically the largest.

We'll never know what the true demographics of Nigeria are until there is an honest attempt at a census.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Well, they never were the largest ethnic group.

It is only some supposed group called "Hausa-Fulani" that was numerically the largest.

We'll never know what the true demographics of Nigeria are until there is an honest attempt at a census.

I know that the largest groups in Nigeria are Yorubas, Igbos and Hausas.

So which is the largest then?
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by ektbear: 3:09am On Sep 16, 2012
Well, do you consider Hausa-Fulani one ethnic group, or not? If so, then that group is largest, according to the official censuses they've had in the past (which quite a few Nigerians dispute).

If you view Hausa as a separate group, I doubt they are the largest, even by those official censuses. Your best bet is to find one of them and perhaps do some guesstimation of how much of H-F is hausa vs. fulani.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by ektbear: 3:09am On Sep 16, 2012
Please continue to ignore the useless idjit troll.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Jisunpack: 3:14am On Sep 16, 2012
The Hausa polpution stuff is the biggest scam ever sold to Nigerians. I haven't met any complete Hausa man for more than 20 years I spent in the north!. scary huh?

some pockets of minority tribes and northern leaders came under a banner of Hausa/Fulani and sold it to the dumb southerners.
There is no Hausa tribe or village in the whole of Bauchi, Plateau, Benue, Kogi, Gombe, Adamawa, Nassarawa, Taraba, Kaduna, Niger,FCT,Borno, Yobe, Kwara, and so on. if the aforementioned is valid, then how did they come about this ponzi scheme?

4 Likes

Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 3:16am On Sep 16, 2012
ekt_bear: Well, do you consider Hausa-Fulani one ethnic group, or not? If so, then that group is largest, according to the official censuses they've had in the past (which quite a few Nigerians dispute).

If you view Hausa as a separate group, I doubt they are the largest, even by those official censuses. Your best bet is to find one of them and perhaps do some guesstimation of how much of H-F is hausa vs. fulani.

No I do not consider them one ethnic group.

From what I've read on nairaland (it's quite hard to find one hausa or fulani to personally question), they deny the hausa-fulani ethnic group. Though a large number of them have been acculturated, they are not one ethnic group.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by cjrane: 3:52am On Sep 16, 2012
Hausa was NEVER the largest group in Nigeria. They just thrive on the confusion and falsification of every data in Nigeria and the refusal to put ethnic origin in the census form. It is all about justifying why they should corner the lion share of the Niger Delta resources.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Caseless: 4:19am On Sep 16, 2012
Op, if u tink hausa ar not d largest Y not come 2 north and find out..i doubt if dz thouht wil remain in ur mind aftr doin dat. U don eva see hausa man with one wife and less dan 5 children? Op, u knw beta..dnt confuse ursef.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by saintneo(m): 6:25am On Sep 16, 2012
how does this affect the cost of living?
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by ayobase(m): 7:30am On Sep 16, 2012
caseless: Op, if u tink hausa ar not d largest Y not come 2 north and find out..i doubt if dz thouht wil remain in ur mind aftr doin dat. U don eva see hausa man with one wife and less dan 5 children? Op, u knw beta..dnt confuse ursef.

Are u referring to their being sparsely populated over a wide region of land (hausas are UNDISPUTEDLY known to have more land than other tribes, but sparsely populated on them, maybe densely populatedd in a particular region though) and yes, they are simply giving birth like animals to Islamize the nation (their way of taking over)

1 Like

Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Abagworo(m): 7:34am On Sep 16, 2012
Hausa-Fulani is not the largest ethnic group, it is Idoma-Igbo-Yoruba-Edo-Urhobo-Ijaw-Afenmai-Efik-Ibibio-Esan-Isoko-Ejagam-Boki-Igala-Tiv-Annang-Ogoni ethnic nationality.

Since we can join Hausa and Fulani who are neither phenotypicaly nor linguisticaly related, why can't we join these 17 that are more related. The Hausa-Fulani ethnic group is the biggest fraud established by the Colonial masters to create a majority.

1 Like

Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Akanbiedu(m): 8:43am On Sep 16, 2012
Abagworo: Hausa-Fulani is not the largest ethnic group, it is Idoma-Igbo-Yoruba-Edo-Urhobo-Ijaw-Afenmai-Efik-Ibibio-Esan-Isoko-Ejagam-Boki-Igala-Tiv-Annang-Ogoni ethnic nationality.

Since we can join Hausa and Fulani who are neither phenotypicaly nor linguisticaly related, why can't we join these 17 that are more related. The Hausa-Fulani ethnic group is the biggest fraud established by the Colonial masters to create a majority.

It's convenient to blame the colonialists but not the southerners that are divisionist in nature. Even from this website, we can see that those groups you mentioned are one. There are so many groups in the north, with their differences but they don't make issues out of it. You don't see them fighting one another based on ethnic divisions. The kanuri in Borno have reservations against the hausa, likewise the fulanis in N-east. Was it not recently ijaw elders were calling for ethnic-based geopolitical zones? When last did you see northern elites fighting for hausa, fulani, kanuri etc as a group? They always mention north unlike our "educated southern elites" who are always calling for Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Ogoni. These guys don't even have enough respect for minorities.

These are the pressure groups in the south; Ohaneze, Yoruba council of Elders, and recently izon has joined. When you make demands based on ethnicity, you automatically alienate others who are not part of your group.So which pressure group do we have in the north?-Arewa consultative forum- meaning northern CF. you can see how this covers everybody in the north including even the Yorubas there. Apart from Kwara and Kogi, almost everybody in the north speak hausa.

These guys don't go about dividing themselves and yet you blame the colonialists for making them a majurity.

@post

I don't know really because these guys have mixed up so much that you can hardly tell. and official census are not done along ethnic lines.

4 Likes

Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Mandelaguy(m): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2012
They were never the largest ethnic group. My interaction with the north has taught me that we were all living in erroneous assumptions. There are so many ethnic groups up north.

1 Like

Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Ngodigha1(m): 9:25am On Sep 16, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

It's convenient to blame the colonialists but not the southerners that are divisionist in nature. Even from this website, we can see that those groups you mentioned are one. There are so many groups in the north, with their differences but they don't make issues out of it. You don't see them fighting one another based on ethnic divisions. The kanuri in Borno have reservations against the hausa, likewise the fulanis in N-east. Was it not recently ijaw elders were calling for ethnic-based geopolitical zones? When last did you see northern elites fighting for hausa, fulani, kanuri etc as a group? They always mention north unlike our "educated southern elites" who are always calling for Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Ogoni. These guys don't even have enough respect for minorities.

These are the pressure groups in the south; Ohaneze, Yoruba council of Elders, and recently izon has joined. When you make demands based on ethnicity, you automatically alienate others who are not part of your group.So which pressure group do we have in the north?-Arewa consultative forum- meaning northern CF. you can see how this covers everybody in the north including even the Yorubas there. Apart from Kwara and Kogi, almost everybody in the north speak hausa.
Benue, Kogi and Kwara-zero Hausa.
Taraba, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau and Borno-50% speak Hausa. Even in Kaduna Gombe and Yobe, not all speak Hausa.

These guys don't go about dividing themselves and yet you blame the colonialists for making them a majurity.

@post

I don't know really because these guys have mixed up so much that you can hardly tell. and official census are not done along ethnic lines.

Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by cjrane: 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2012
caseless: Op, if u tink hausa ar not d largest Y not come 2 north and find out..i doubt if dz thouht wil remain in ur mind aftr doin dat. U don eva see hausa man with one wife and less dan 5 children? Op, u knw beta..dnt confuse ursef.

hehehehehe.....i don die o! In that case, Botswana will have the biggest population in Africa since that is the typical Tswana man you just described. Or Libya,Saudi Arabia,Iraq,Yemen or Syria will all have bigger population than Nigeria.
Retarded crooks. Abeg find another lie.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Rossikk(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I mean, all these killings wey dem don dey do in the North nko?

Havent they decreased their numbers by now? Who is truly the largest tribe in Nigeria?

Let's stop the illusion, we all know the north is close to deserted with a few cows here and there.

Stop stupi.dly using the word ''tribe'' to describe ETHNIC GROUPS.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by saintneo(m): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2012
This guy, don't tell me you schooled in the SS region; precisely, Choba. Nevertheless, your argument is very valid. I served in the North, I never witnessed tribal division amongst them. Having come from the south, I have experienced lots of divisions amongst the southerners; deep down in the SS, there is a lot of division.
Akanbi_edu:

@post

Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rossikk:

Stop stupi.dly using the word ''tribe'' to describe ETHNIC GROUPS.

Stop stupidly posting offtopic. If you came in to use the correct term, then you better be correct every thread in this section. Imbe cile.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by excondido(m): 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2012
there are lots of minor ethnic group in the north that speak hausa as there general language some having no cultural affilitions with hausa, but a lingua franca kind of because of their small size. this minority groups always inhabits the southern most parts of states in the northeast and the entire north central.

religion plays some roles in the tagging of some distinct groups as hausa mainly in states like niger and nassarawa state.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Rossikk(m): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Stop stupidly posting offtopic. If you came in to use the correct term, then you better be correct every thread in this section. Imbe cile.

Worthless, brainless dunce. Instead of you to enlighten yourself, you're here typing dumb rubbish. Your dullard brain describes a group of 50 million human beings as a ''tribe'' because you're stuck in the colonial pit of mental slavery, ignorance and blind stup.idity in which your British masters dumped you. Peabrained cretin.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rossikk:

Worthless, brainless dunce. Instead of you to educate yourself you're here typing dumb rubbish. Your dunce brain regards a group of 50 million human beings a ''tribe'' because you're stuck in the colonial pit of mental slavery, ignorance and blind stup.idity in which your British masters dumped you. Peabrained cretin.

This garbage is still offtopic.
So you strung together a few insults. . . .clap for yourself.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Rossikk(m): 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
No YOU are ''off topic'', you dunce.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rossikk: No YOU are off topic, you dunce.

And you're still a dunce. . . keep it moving.
Trolling personified.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Rossikk(m): 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

And you're still a dunce. . . keep it moving.
Trolling personified.

Then what do you call yourself if at your age, you still need someone to teach you that a 50 million group of people cannot be described as a tribe? Dummy dum dum.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rossikk:

Then what do you call yourself if at your age, you still need someone to lecture you that a 50 million group of people cannot be described as a tribe? Dummy dum dum.
Seems like you enjoy being insulted. What a sadist. I'm not that kinky, so keep it moving.
*Dude's hair is prolly whiter than my white school shoes* agbaya.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Rossikk(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2012
^^^Miseducated ho... Who wants anything to do with your bony stinky self? Just trying to get some sense into your little skull that's all.
Re: Are Hausas Still The Largest Tribe In Naija? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2012
Rossikk: ^^^Miseducated ho... Who wants anything to do with your bony stinky self? Just trying to get some sense into your tiny skull that's all.

"Miseducated" slag. . . SEEMS LIKE YOU REALLY ENJOY BEING INSULTED. Go back to your gf/wife so she can further tell your how much of a silly excuse for a Y-chromosome you are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocking Photos: An Oil(petroleum) Thief Caught In The Act.. See Them In Action! / Osun 2014, Why Omisore May Emerge Victorious / Breaking News: Unannounced Curfew In Ondo Town,ondo State Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.