Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. (45633 Views)

Nigerian-american Of Igbo Descent Wins Lawsuit Against Rapper "The Game" / 15 Famous African Female Celebrities Who Must Marry By Force In 2016 / Top 12 Most Famous African Entertainers ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by sjeezy8: 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2009
Some of these statements are correct i read somewhere that AA's are of igbo (egba) origin, some say that egba origin is mixed of igbo. SO If they are igbo THEN SO IS [size=15pt]OBASANJO[/size]  because hes an egba man.

I dont know why some igbos dont like to claim their own folks but if its a celebrity hmmmm yes hes an igboman but if its OBJ they guy is a yoruba theif. lol

THE YORUBA CLASSIFICATION PROVED TO BE NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE, AS THOSE SLAVES DOCUMENTED TO BE YORUBA WERE MORE SPECIFICALLY REFERRED TO AS EGBA yoruba were more specifically referred to as EGBA YORUBA. THE WORD EGBA IS A DERIVATION OF IGBO( EGBA,EGBO IGBO) AS THE EGBA YORUBA ARE OF IGBO ORIGINS.

ONE OF THE LARGER YORUBA TRIBES ARE CALLED THE IJEBU. IT IS AN ESTABLISHED FACT THAT THE IJEBU WERE SELLING EGBA IN MASS NUMBERS DURING THE SLAVE TRADE. THE CITY IJEBU - IGBO STILL EXISTS IN THE YORUBA HEARTLAND WHICH NOT ONLY REFLECTS THE EARLIER IGBO HISTORY IN THE SOUTHWEST BUT FURTHER SERVES AS A MEMORY CONCERNING THE USAGE OF IGBO PRIOR TO THE TRANSFORMATION TO EGBA IN THAT PARTICULAR REGION.
http://emeagwali.com/igbo/
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by brooklyn99: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2009
i Heard somewhere Bill Clinton was really Ibo. real talk. his real name is Ndebele Ikeleton grin
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 26, 2009
dont know where to put this:

see this woman grin

[img]http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Gina-Neely.jpg[/img]

everytime I hear her talking I always do a double take and stare at her very well- subconsciously expecting her to slip into some African accent. grin

[img]http://urie.files./2008/02/patginaneely.jpg[/img]

afi American na cheesy
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by AloyEmeka6: 5:54am On Nov 26, 2009
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:54am On Nov 26, 2009
^^^^
hell naw.
that guy is from somewhere else, the congo or something. lolol
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by DaRapture: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

What about Flavor Flav? Is he igbo too?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/62397_YOU_LOOK_LIKE_HIM_jpg30f64aed3d7f5cd2c28b9b0e5611b75e

I highly doubt it.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 26, 2009
DaRapture:

I highly doubt it.
So whose tribe do you think he belongs?

Dude is from Congo. . . .

THE-AMAKA:

^^^^
hell naw.
that guy is from somewhere else, the [b]congo [/b]or something. lolol
read my mind
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 5:41am On Nov 27, 2009
congolese are actually quite good looking, with some of them not so much.

flavor flav is of carribean ancestry i think.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by chiogo(f): 5:58am On Nov 27, 2009
^Yea, Jamaican or so I heard.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2009
^^^ lolol
Jamaican? carribean ancestry?
uhm. . . and where did those people come from?
that cant be the final answer oooooo.
those carribean people came from africa, now its time to find out which part.
saying he is carribean is invalid oooo
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2009
why must they find out which part?

i posted that lady's photo here because i wasnt sure where to place it, since there's no other similar thread and i didnt feel like starting a new one. My point being she looks African.

flavor flav has a bahamian link.

carribeans/jamaicans are also mixed with other races, not only africa.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2009
thats not the point jare.
we know they are mixed with other races, so what!
and where do you think the people of the bahamas came from? it still doesnt stop there.
but anyway, who cares.
its only common FLAVOR FLAV!!!  cheesy
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by DisGuy: 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2009
see you na when it comes to flavor flava u na deny am igboness abi? tongue
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
dat one no be igbo oooo!! grin
but true talk, i doubt he is.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2009
everybody in the world came from somewhewre.

Including all the black African negroes who also migrated to their current locations.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by chiogo(f): 4:36am On Nov 28, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

^^^ lolol
Jamaican? carribean ancestry?
uhm. . . and where did those people come from?
that cant be the final answer oooooo.
those carribean people came from africa, now its time to find out which part.
saying he is carribean is invalid oooo
. . . . hmm undecided Oh well.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by chic2pimp(m): 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2010
Winnergal:

Na wa o . . . every tribe is trying to claim succesful celebrities to their's . . . LOL . . .If they were criminals, they would send them to other tribes or deny them. . . LMAO . . . grin grin cheesy
`
Hehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No so we see am ooo grin grin grin

@ POST
Nah true oooo, Will Smith is from Warri grin grin grin.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2010
Robert Kelechukwu aka R.KELLY, DMX aka Dozie Madu maXwell, Will Smith aka Wilichukwu Smith and more are of igbo decent
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by oge4real(f): 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
Wats the fight all about? Just because someone claims he is related to almost all the celebs in america?
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 3:37am On Mar 16, 2010
Igbo? LOL Igbo my arseclat! WE blacks of the diaspora are far TOO mixed to be traced to one tribe let alone one part of africa. Igbo, please.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by safarigirl(f): 1:01am On Mar 20, 2010
Sorry, please can y'all just rewind? I lost you and the topic when you started discussing chromosomes, i have a history of not passing Biology so please can you go back to the English version?
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Chykason(m): 8:34am On Mar 20, 2010
NE YO

birth name SHAFFER CHIMERE SMITH

pls don't doubt this. It's already confirmed cool
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Ifygurl: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2010
The poster, Hero, is an African-American
If he wants to claim igbo. Fine. Na your business it be? Why do people always feel the need to attack. Jeez
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by eldee(m): 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2010
Chill . . . if most of the slaves in the US where Igbo.
That also means most of the African Americans on benefit and in prison are Igbo too??
So you guys are responsible for the perception of black people to White America??
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by hackney(m): 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2010
Na only igbos them sell?
ok oo!!

Abeg gabrielle union na igbo?
mwuaah!!
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 15, 2011
brooklyn99:

i Heard somewhere Bill Clinton was really Ibo. real talk. his real name is Ndebele Ikeleton grin

[size=18pt]LMMFBBJAO!!!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by mamagee3(f): 10:46pm On Jan 15, 2011
aze:

Robert Kelechukwu aka R.KELLY, DMX aka Dozie Madu maXwell, Will Smith aka Wilichukwu Smith and more are of igbo decent
If only these well educated and elite americans are of African descent. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by homerac7: 11:49am On Aug 14, 2011
Lovely thread. Guess It was made in days when d in-house bigots were yet to have internet connections
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by cicero(m): 5:19pm On Aug 14, 2011
The poster has made his point and has taken us through some great research findings that should stoke our intellectual curiosity, sadly we seem not to have any. The reactions to Hero's postings here are a horrible reflection of the state of education and of course research in Nigeria. Our universities yearly churn out historians who majored in enjoyment and laziness. Oh my, which way Nigeria?
And this guy is AA. I am sufficiently concerned.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by jackdawson: 6:13am On Jun 29, 2012
There a a lot of famous african americans in America.They are a very big celebrities also.They are the bast example for those people who hate the black people.The black people are very powerful in America.Now the president of America u=is also black which is a good effect of black people who live in America.Black people are behaved better now there.
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by DaRapture: 6:44am On Jun 29, 2012
Hero was the man. cheesy cheesy
Re: Famous African-americans Of Igbo Descent. by dasparrow: 7:01am On Jun 29, 2012
DaRapture: Hero was the man. cheesy cheesy

Hahahahahaha grin You are one funny dude! You can deceive the new comers on this forum but not we the old timers bro. Anyone who was on this forum back in 2006 knows that YOU 'DARAPTURE' is also 'HERO'. You also went by the moniker 'BENIN' on this forum or another Nigerian forum that I used to frequent. Can't quite remember now. And here your lying, scheming black american behind is busy reigning praises on YOURSELF since darapture and hero are one and the same YOU!

Hero was the man indeed! Get outta here! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Funke Akindele Lose Her Pregnancy? Why Are Fans Sympathizing With Her? / Peter Okoye Shows Off His Mustang Car (PHOTO) / Daniella Okeke Looks Effortlessly Stunning In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.