Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,769 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation (1129 Views)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / APC Refutes Alleged Relocation Of Boko-haram Detainees To Anambra - Vanguard / Traders Protest Boko Haram Prisoners’ Transfer To Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by Ohaneze1: 11:28am On Sep 16, 2012
I TRY as much as possible to read Newspapers from all divides on daily basis in order to take readings from all angles. This is done either through the patronage of vendors or through a click on the net especially when out of base.

However having been in transit for most of 30th August and 1st September, 2012 I missed out on the newspapers for these days. Fortunately, on a visit to a friend some days later, I stumbled on a copy of The Nigerian Punch newspaper of 1st September. Amongst other things that caught my attention was a news report on page 10 of the newspaper titled ‘’Ex-govs, Obi fight over Anambra Oil’. On seeing this, I was really not surprised knowing the war going on ‘’right under my nose’’.

Nonetheless, I took time to read the news if only to compare notes. The story written by one Emmanuel Obey stated that the fight occurred at the official inauguration of exploitation of crude oil by the Orient Petroleum Resources Ltd effectively making Anambra State to join the league of oil producing States. One of the former governors, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju (PDP, 1999-2003) had told the gathering that he set up the committee that established Orient Petroleum, appointed its first board and secured oil license for it to exploit oil in 2002. He demanded that he should be given the credit for conceiving the vision. Dr Chris Ngige (PDP (now ACN)2003-March, 2006) demanded to be given the credit for converting Orient to a public company, inviting investors from far and wide to invest in the Company and invested an initial amount of N100million with promise to make available more funds. Mrs. Virgy Etiaba (APGA, 3rd Nov. 2006-9 Feb. 2007) demanded recognition for not relenting in her efforts to sustain the project during her three –month tenure.

Although the story did not report the comments of Governor Peter Obi (APGA, 9 Feb. 2007 till now) but I imagined he would have supported the project and perhaps provided additional investment in line with the promises of Governor Chris Ngige.Also, former CBN Governor, Prof Chukmuma Soludo who indeed contested an election against the incumbent commented that Orient will ‘’jump start aggressive and strategic socio-economic development’’ of Anambra State. After reading the details of the fight, not only did I hail the fight and the fighters, I prayed to God to cause this kind of fight to repeat itself in every nooks and crannies of Nigeria. It is always said that when two elephants fight, the grass suffers but in this case the fight is happening after the elephants have sufficiently provided water for the grass to continue to grow and blossom. The elephants have done well. They have put political fight or war aside to provide opportunity to create employment, enhance revenue generation and generally improve the socio economic development of Anambra State.

It is a people-centered fight. A fight that benefits the common man. Again, may God bless the fight and bless the fighters.I left my friend’s house leaving the newspaper behind. Throughout that evening, I kept imagining how the kind of Anambra fight can accelerate the strategic socio-economic development of my dear State; the Gateway State. I begin to imagine what will happen to the life of the common man if Anambra fight is repeated over some major life changing projects that I am privileged to know about by virtue of the position I held in Ogun State between 2004 and 2010. I thought of so many of such vision or project a few of which are highlighted below: AGRO-CARGO AIRPORTThe immediate past administration in Ogun State secured an approval to set up an Agro-Cargo Airport at the Ogere/Iperu axis of this State with the objective of transforming the State into a major cargo hub given its strategic geographical location as the Gateway to Nigeria and West Africa.

http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php/columnist/42-columnist/7575-developing-ogun-the-gateway-state-lesson-from-anambra
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by Ohaneze1: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2012
We hold the key for economic transformation and industrialization of Nigeria, just like the Asian Tigers.
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by Yeske2(m): 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
^^
Only bigoted Nairaland e-warriors will disprove this.
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by bittyend(m): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2012
What's the correlation between the title and the article? undecided
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by superior1: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Me sef wonder
bittyend: What's the correlation between the title and the article? undecided
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by Teejay049: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2012
No mind am , he's confused person
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by escobar07(m): 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2012
confusing!
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by kunlekunle: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
after eating Yoruba you wan dey beat chest
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by Onlytruth(m): 7:50pm On Sep 16, 2012
I was one of the first commentators to commend the "fight" here on Nairaland. The author was hillarious with his choice of words though.

After reading the details of the fight, not only did I hail the fight and the fighters, I prayed to God to cause this kind of fight to repeat itself in every nooks and crannies of Nigeria. It is always said that when two elephants fight, the grass suffers but in this case the fight is happening after the elephants have sufficiently provided water for the grass to continue to grow and blossom. The elephants have done well. They have put political fight or war aside to provide opportunity to create employment, enhance revenue generation and generally improve the socio economic development of Anambra State.

It is a people-centered fight. A fight that benefits the common man. Again, [size=14pt]may God bless the fight and bless the fighters[/size].

grin grin grin

Anambra, the light of the nation. cool
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by seunfly: 11:39pm On Sep 16, 2012
That shows the kind of peaple we are, we see good things and we acknoledge it, unlike some who are full of bitterness they see good and they call it bad, they see bad and they gladly call it worse.
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by Arsenate(m): 12:08am On Sep 17, 2012
Inferiority complex personified, lolzzzz, can't get any worse than this. Igbo Kwenu
Re: South-west Looking Up To Anambra For Politico-economic Emancipation by EkoAtlantic: 12:28am On Sep 17, 2012
Onlytruth:

Anambra, the light of the nation. cool
Hawkers of the nation

(1) (Reply)

2015: Igbo Must Be President – Kalu. / Ex-militant Gen. Israel Akpodoro View On Niger-delta Matters / What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.