Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. (1102 Views)

Martin Patience Joins Nigerian Soldiers In The Combat Region In The North(pics) / South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. / What Hasn't GEJ Done In 10 Months Of Being The President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Goldcon: 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
I am from Delta state and a supporter of GEJ, not because he is from the south-south. I can say that he is doing well but really slow. Volumes have been written about his many achievements especially this well packaged and publicized report. http://sureandsteadytransformation.gov.ng/download/Sure_and_Steady_Transformation_Volume_One.pdf
My question is; what has GEJ done that the people of the Niger Delta will hold on to after he is long gone from office. If you go through the report at the link above, there are great achievements but which one is particularly beneficial to the people of the Niger Delta.
1. The East/West Road project is already a ghost that will continue to hunt this administration. Much is already being said about that road, no need for me to waste time on that.
2. The dredging of the River Niger is beneficial to the north.
3. GEJ is building a new sea port in Kogi State (Northern Nigeria). How many of you know the state of Calabar port, Onne port, Koko/Warri port etc.
4. Billions of Naira is being spent on Amajiris in the north. Thank God for what people like Amaechi, Akpabio are doing in the education sector in their various states.
5. GEJ is transforming the agric sector; we all know that agriculture is basically for the north and may be the S/W but not for the Niger Delta.
6. The only road construction projects in the South South are those of the various state governments. In Akwa Ibom/Cross River state, the Itu-Calabar has been in its current bad state. That is the worst road in Akwa Ibom state.
NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta and other FG agencies are engaging on petty projects like road construction (that will last for just a few years), borehole drilling, installation of transformers etc. these are petty reoccur rant projects.
In my conclusion, as it is now, at the end of the day, the people of the Niger Delta will only have many individual billionaires that have immerse their wealth through their connection to the presidency but THE NIGER DELTA AS A PEOPLE AND A REGION WILL HARDLY HAVE ANYTHING TO HOLD-ON TO AFTER GEJ IS GONE. May God help us.
You can comment otherwise.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Demdem(m): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
i can categorically say of east west road and NDDC. passed there today and saw SETRACO working. How fast they are and the quality of job being done, am aint impressed at all. NDDC are just bunch of criminals. These ones sells govt contracts to heavyweights openly.
The same way the SW cant really pinpoint what OBJ did for them. wont be surprise if this will also be the same case. Until my countrymen learn how to vote in competent peeps devoid of any sentiments whatsoever, the cycle continues.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by CROWE: 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
He is the president of Nigeria not the Niger-Delta, you expect special favors while complaining when politicians take care of their own. GEJ is a good president and that is why he has not gone that direction, if there was anything dire in the Niger-Delta that could not be taken care of by the PIB he would do it but there seems to be nothing.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by chucky234(m): 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
He has done nothing for Nigeria
Why ask about Niger Delta,is ND a country?
He is the president of Nigeria and not Niger Delta for God sake.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by takedat(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
CROWÉ: He is the president of Nigeria not the Niger-Delta, you expect special favors while complaining when politicians take care of their own. GEJ is a good president and that is why he has not gone that direction, if there was anything dire in the Niger-Delta that could not be taken care of by the PIB he would do it but there seems to be nothing.
So in order not to be seen as clannish, those from his side shouldn't enjoy the dividends of democracy and demands shouldn't be made? It only goes to show the widespread discontent that surrounds GEJ's government. Funny you assume the passage of PIB will solve the problems!
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Omen100(m): 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Goldcon: I am from Delta state and a supporter of GEJ, not because he is from the south-south. I can say that he is doing well but really slow. Volumes have been written about his many achievements especially this well packaged and publicized report. http://sureandsteadytransformation.gov.ng/download/Sure_and_Steady_Transformation_Volume_One.pdf
My question is; what has GEJ done that the people of the Niger Delta will hold on to after he is long gone from office. If you go through the report at the link above, there are great achievements but which one is particularly beneficial to the people of the Niger Delta.
1. The East/West Road project is already a ghost that will continue to hunt this administration. Much is already being said about that road, no need for me to waste time on that.
3. GEJ is building a new sea port in Kogi State (Northern Nigeria). How many of you know the state of Calabar port, Onne port, Koko/Warri port etc.
4. Billions of Naira is being spent on Amajiris in the north. Thank God for what people like Amaechi, Akpabio are doing in the education sector in their various states.
5. GEJ is transforming the agric sector; we all know that agriculture is basically for the north and may be the S/W but not for the Niger Delta.
6. The only road construction projects in the South South are those of the various state governments. In Akwa Ibom/Cross River state, the Itu-Calabar has been in its current bad state. That is the worst road in Akwa Ibom state.
NDDC, Ministry of Niger Delta and other FG agencies are engaging on petty projects like road construction (that will last for just a few years), borehole drilling, installation of transformers etc. these are petty reoccur rant projects.
In my conclusion, as it is now, at the end of the day, the people of the Niger Delta will only have many individual billionaires that have immerse their wealth through their connection to the presidency but THE NIGER DELTA AS A PEOPLE AND A REGION WILL HARDLY HAVE ANYTHING TO HOLD-ON TO AFTER GEJ IS GONE. May God help us.

Dude, please do yourself a favour & stop fooling yourself you i-diot, the clueless fisher man has done nothing, I am a Deltan as well.

Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by GARRIx7(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
NONSENSE!!!

What has ur state Governor done for YOU??

Over 5 years of collecting hundreds of billions of Naira, is there anything to show for it in Delta State.

Sit there and wait for GEJ to come and do the job of ur Governor!!

Classical Nonsense!!!

I'm a ffuucckkiinngg Deltan as well...

cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
GARRI (x7):
NONSENSE!!!

What has ur state Governor done for YOU??

Over 5 years of collecting hundreds of billions of Naira, is there anything to show for it in Delta State.

Sit there and wait for GEJ to come and do the job of ur Governor!!

Classical Nonsense!!!

I'm a ffuucckkiinngg Deltan as well...

cheesy
Mac, you never talk wetin Uduaghan do you.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by GARRIx7(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
berem: Mac, you never talk wetin Uduaghan do you.

Who told you that's my name??

Anyway, Uduaghan is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Delta is about the 2nd richest state in Nigeria, yet there is nothing in the State to show for it.

Uduaghan is a cursed vulture rejected even by his kinsmen.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by CROWE: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
take dat: So in order not to be seen as clannish, those from his side shouldn't enjoy the dividends of democracy and demands shouldn't be made? It only goes to show the widespread discontent that surrounds GEJ's government. Funny you assume the passage of PIB will solve the problems!

I do not assume the passage of the PIB will solve the problem, I know that the PIB attempts to solve the problems in Niger-Delta which is more than enough given there are many other areas in Nigeria that need attending to.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
GARRI (x7):

Who told you that's my name??

Anyway, Uduaghan is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Delta is about the 2nd richest state in Nigeria, yet there is nothing in the State to show for it.

Uduaghan is a cursed vulture rejected even by his kinsmen.
are you surprised i know your name? you no know say i be Jack Bauer?

Of course he is a big disappointment. it's a shame that as rich as Delta state, there is no meaningful development. I haven't seen any deltan who says good of uduaghan. likewise other governors who have failed in their various states.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by GARRIx7(m): 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
berem: are you surprised i know your name? you no know say i be Jack Bauer?

Of course he is a big disappointment. it's a shame that as rich as Delta state, there is no meaningful development. I haven't seen any deltan who says good of uduaghan. likewise other governors who have failed in their various states.

For your mind oooo...... grin

I curse Uduaghan each time I pass through Edo State and see the transformation currently going on there.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by ITbomb(m): 5:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
That is why I don't give a fvrk about Igbo presidency , it would be a big disappointment
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Wadeoye(m): 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
South South is now like Dubai - thank you our son. We said it, when one of our own rules South South will become the envy of other regions.

Thank you GEJ our son.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by lacasa: 6:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
Goldcon: I am from Delta state and a supporter of GEJ, not because he is from the south-south. I can say that he is doing well but really slow. Volumes have been written about his many achievements especially this well packaged and publicized report. http://sureandsteadytransformation.gov.ng/download/Sure_and_Steady_Transformation_Volume_One.pdf

Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Goldcon: 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2013
He is the president of Nigeria not the Niger-Delta, you expect special favors while complaining when politicians take care of their own. GEJ is a good president and that is why he has not gone that direction, if there was anything dire in the Niger-Delta that could not be taken care of by the PIB he would do it but there seems to be nothing.
He is the president of Nigeria, very true and he is doing well nationally e.g. in agric, power etc but if major critical issues/projects that will more directly affect the people of the Niger Delta region are not done in his tenure, when will they be done.

Projects like reviving the refineries, the east/west road, the sea ports etc are still national projects but will directly affect that region. The transformation in the agric and power sectors are national projects but not particularly beneficial to the reion.
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2013
GARRI (x7):

For your mind oooo...... grin

don't worry i won't say your names here. you are protected. nothing do you. cool
Re: What Has GEJ Done For The South-South (Niger Delta) Region in Particular. by Hardfact: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2013
Nigerian Govt, . . .more you look, . . .less you see.

(1) (Reply)

Siamese Twins With Three Legs In Benue Nigeria / Photos of Apc Mayhem: Police, Fayemi Thugs, Nurtw Disrupts Bamidele Rally / Youth Corper Dies In Fatal Car Accident On His Way To POP(PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.