Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,140 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:05 AM

Somali Food! - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somali Food! (35015 Views)

Somali And Korean Wedding! (korean Dude And Somali Princess) / The Somali/ethiopian People / Ask A Muslim/somali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somali Food! by Fulaman198(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Why do african people seem to think white people never eat dinner with their hands, and; even lick their fingers..?tongue

We know that white people invented pizza, so I don't doubt that white people use their hands (well in Italy I'm sure they use their hands). I think in England they tend to use cutlery.
Re: Somali Food! by sambos994(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2012
sambos994:

No, no, no...as in I should be licking that soup off MY fingers. So hungry
Re: Somali Food! by JallowBah(f): 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2012
Fulaman198:

We know that white people invented pizza, so I don't doubt that white people use their hands (well in Italy I'm sure they use their hands). I think in England they tend to use cutlery.

It probably depends on the country and culture much. In Scandinavia many of us grow up with going to the bush no matter +20 degrees or -20, barbequing, eating with our hands, showering in the river, and going to the toilet outside. Other places, not so much.
Re: Somali Food! by sambos994(m): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
JallowBah:

It probably depends on the country and culture much. In Scandinavia many of us grow up with going to the bush no matter +20 degrees or -20, barbequing, eating with our hands, showering in the river, and going to the toilet outside. Other places, not so much.

You're Scandinavian?
Re: Somali Food! by JallowBah(f): 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
sambos994:

You're Scandinavian?

Yep.
Re: Somali Food! by sambos994(m): 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Yep.

Swedish?
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
Sybellah:

loool u mean this?

[img]http://1.bp..com/--EF-E8N-Fhc/T_8Rf3H5mxI/AAAAAAAAApg/QqWtc2iHzSY/s1600/termites.JPG[/img]

Hell no lol! I know some pple who eat it like snacks and say it's delishis smiley

We cll them "esunsun" in Yoruba.

Those tasty delicacies only come out during a particular time of the year. Fried, they are not only delicious, but a good source of protein.

The white caterpillar-looking ones are especially good.

Dont knock it down until you try it. If I was born westernized, I'd have prolly thought it was disgusting too.
Re: Somali Food! by Fulaman198(m): 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
JallowBah:

That's very neat
Re: Somali Food! by JallowBah(f): 11:39pm On Sep 18, 2012
sambos994:

Swedish?

Norwegian. Why, you live in Sweden?
Re: Somali Food! by JallowBah(f): 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
Speaking of african food..

Does anyone know how to make the small, light brown donut-balls..?smiley
Re: Somali Food! by sambos994(m): 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2012
JallowBah:

Norwegian. Why, you live in Sweden?

Nah.
Re: Somali Food! by JallowBah(f): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2012
sambos994:

Nah.

...alrighty, then.
Re: Somali Food! by sambos994(m): 12:49am On Sep 19, 2012
JallowBah:

...alrighty, then.

Cool.
Re: Somali Food! by somalia5: 1:08am On Sep 19, 2012
The somali obsession is amazing on NL
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 19, 2012
^^^^

U need to just pack up and bounce.

Out you go. Asap.

Scoot!
Re: Somali Food! by somalia5: 1:59am On Sep 19, 2012
*Kails*:
^^^^

U need to just pack up and bounce.

Out you go. Asap.

Scoot!

how does ur pussy taste?
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 2:54am On Sep 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

We cll them "esunsun" in Yoruba.

Those tasty delicacies only come out during a particular time of the year. Fried, they are not only delicious, but a good source of protein.

The white caterpillar-looking ones are especially good.

Dont knock it down until you try it. If I was born westernized, I'd have prolly thought it was disgusting too.

Chaiiiii! i am not born westernized, but i have some kinda insect-phobia, just seeing those plate full of insects creeps me out lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i ll vomit my gutt out before even trying loool
Some people in CIV do eat it though, they call it ZAMALAN i think.
Re: Somali Food! by somalia5: 2:59am On Sep 19, 2012
sybellah. i cant believe u fell for mrsdarksins lies.

am so disapointed in u.
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 3:02am On Sep 19, 2012
somalia5: sybellah. i cant believe u fell for mrsdarksins lies.

am so disapointed in u.

After hearing what u did I was shocked shocked shocked u don't do that to people ooo Ayanle! It's not good. smh I am also disappointed in u.

1 Like

Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 19, 2012
Who knows about this fruit? We call it Cocota in CIV, and I think Mad in Senegal, it is delicious smiley How u guys call it in your region?

Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 19, 2012
somalia5: sybellah. i cant believe u fell for mrsdarksins lies.

am so disapointed in u.

wow ARE we starting this AGAIN?!
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 19, 2012
I was wondering who was Kails, lool what happen to the other pseudo hun? smiley How r u doing in between? smiley smiley
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 19, 2012
Sybellah: I was wondering who was Kails, lool what happen to the other pseudo hun? smiley How r u doing in between? smiley smiley

I wanted to "start over" so to speak. smiley

actually thinking about quitting the site altogether tbh.

anyway how are you?
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 19, 2012
*Kails*:

I wanted to "start over" so to speak. smiley

actually thinking about quitting the site altogether tbh.

anyway how are you?

oooh common quittin for what? Let stay and have fun smiley

I am doing ok thank uu kiss

1 Like

Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 19, 2012
Sybellah:

oooh common quittin for what? Let stay and have fun smiley

I am doing ok thank uu kiss

too much drama sis.
you're cool though. smiley

im glad you're ok. you were barely online the past 24 hours.
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 19, 2012
*Kails*:

too much drama sis.
you're cool though. smiley

im glad you're ok. you were barely online the past 24 hours.

Yeaaa projects are killing me ooo, so i just check stuff when i can and disappear as soon as i can loool, to say the truth i was thinkin about quittin too after the drama but I got addicted grin grin damn i need to go to rehab smh
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 19, 2012
Sybellah:

Yeaaa projects are killing me ooo, so i just check stuff when i can and disappear as soon as i can loool, to say the truth i was thinkin about quittin too after the drama but I got addicted grin grin damn i need to go to rehab smh

lol. grin

yeah i feel you 100 percent.
it is addicting. i really wish some older members would come back tho. undecided
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 19, 2012
*Kails*:

lol. grin

yeah i feel you 100 percent.
it is addicting. i really wish some older members would come back tho. undecided

Like who? I ve been in here for long, but i don't know too many pple one here cuz i started posting more during this summer. I was more quiet before smiley
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 19, 2012
Sybellah:

Like who? I ve been in here for long, but i don't know too many pple one here cuz i started posting more during this summer. I was more quiet before smiley

royal, reality101, carolece, tosinville, araboy, gabry aka ms.potato, d-sense...those people.

d-sense and gabry are friends of mine offline but i still miss them cutting up on here. grin

anyway...
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 19, 2012
*Kails*:

royal, reality101, carolece, tosinville, araboy, gabry aka ms.potato, d-sense...those people.

d-sense and gabry are friends of mine offline but i still miss them cutting up on here. grin

anyway...
i see smiley well they ll probably come back, they r maybe taking some breaks off nrld wink
Re: Somali Food! by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 19, 2012
perhaps. smiley
Re: Somali Food! by somalia5: 5:20am On Sep 19, 2012
sybellah u could have had kids with nice hair with me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Does 'Have A Drink' Mean In The Western Society? / Ooni Ogunwusi Gets The Key Of Sumerset, Franklin Township In America. Photos / #OjudeOba Ogun: Masquerade Danafojura On Fire, Pulls Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.