Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises (3134 Views)

Insurgency: Jonathan Accuses Media Of Lying, Says ‘i'm Winning Terror War’ / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption / Aliyu Insists Amaechi Defeated Jang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by Neversaydie: 12:02pm On Sep 17, 2012
Governor of Plateau State David Jang at the weekend took a swipe at the Nigerian media, accusing it of being responsible for the escalation of crises in the state. Speaking at the just concluded All Nigeria Editors’ Conference (ANEC) in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, the governor alleged that the crisis that engulfed the state was largely fuelled by the media through what he described as unnecessary propaganda and sensationalism.

“The media became a propaganda machine against me and my programmes. When I banned motorbike or Okada, they (media) said the project was targeted at a certain ethnic group. They are pulling me down each day, pitching brothers against brothers and sisters against sisters”, he said.

The governor, who lamented that he has had bad press since he became governor of the state, stressed that his actions are largely misunderstood.

While thanking the Guild for organising the conference, Jang charged the media to see itself as a vanguard of peace and development and not catalyst of destruction.

“As gate keepers, your duties include promotion of peace rather than selfish and parochial interests.  The press must promote nationalism and patriotism to make our country a great nation,” he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/176929-jang-accuses-media-of-promoting-crises
Re: Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by Callotti: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
You wanno catch stroke for 'tabloid' magazines?
Jang my boy. . . YOU NOR GET WORK! grin

“As gate keepers, your duties include promotion of peace rather than selfish and parochial interests. The press must promote nationalism and patriotism to make our country a great nation,” he said.

Na NL tabloid o. . .just use dem make 'morning' joke. cheesy
Re: Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by fstranger: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
Callotti: You wanno catch stroke for 'tabloid' magazines?
Jang my boy. . . YOU NOR GET WORK! grin

Strokes are people my friend!
Re: Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by Olaone1: 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger:

Strokes are people my friend!
grin grin
Re: Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by Ganys: 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2012
Mtchew...**Yawn, log off, Restart the Laptop, and Navigate to Food Section On Nairaland **
Re: Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by MadCow1: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2012
In response, the Media has asked the Governor to suck their d`icks.. angry
Re: Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by excondido(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2012
a committee will look into it.....next
Re: Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises by AustineE1: 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
....the major culprit in this evil media propaganda against the good people of plateau state is non but DAILYTRUST newspaper and Press television,we all know who they are sympathic to!Religion of 'piss'!and many innocent souls has lost their lives in this media mal-adventure!

(1) (Reply)

Critics Have Been Unfair To Governor Theodore Orji / Nicholas Ibekwe Received A "Bribe" From Kayode Fayemi Of Ekiti State / The Devil You Know Is Better Than The Angel You Dont Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.