Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,861 members, 7,956,242 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:25 AM

Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. (1598 Views)

Why Nigeria should remove Subsidy now. Saudi Arabia & UAE have dropped Subsidy / Remove Subsidy, Stimulate Infrastructure, Tinubu Tells Buhari / Remove Subsidy And Crash Your Currency - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
The recent Fuel scarcity across Lagos and other states in Nigeria is a plot by Jonathan, NNPC, petroleum minister, Finance minister and others is a trick planned to make fuel unavailable to Nigerians thereby they will blame it on lack of importantion by the Oil importaers because of unresolved Fuel subsidy scam issues currently looming the country.

The NNPC earlier released a statement that the scarcity is likely to worsen with each passing days.

Nigerians if you let Jonathan and his cabinet get away with this, we will be buying fuel for nothing less than N150 per litre before the end of this year.

Let's out unite and speak with one voice now or remain slaves in our own country.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by idupaul: 12:55am On Sep 18, 2012
Okonjo Iweala will be GEJs down fall
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 9:23am On Sep 18, 2012
idupaul: Okonjo Iweala will be GEJs down fall

Worst thing is she will be have a lot of negative things to say about his government when his term is over. Just like she is doing to Obasanjo.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by jmaine: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2012
Exibition of foolishness embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by Maxymilliano(m): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2012
I beg to disagree with you Bro, the premise of your argument is faulty, hence the wrong conclusion. GEJ has no reason whatsoever to instigate the artificial scarcity currently experienced across the country to justify subsidy removal.

The Oil marketers are solely responsible for this despite the fact that the government have shifted its stance to ensure payments of outstanding subsidy claims to genuine importers.

What we should advocate or unite our voice against is the stranglehold of Oil marketers on the economy and why government should ensure optimal operation of our refineries to curtail the unnecessary vagaries we are being subjected to.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by FrankC3: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2012
This notion of 'government is the enemy' is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 12:06pm On Sep 18, 2012
.....When I start topics, I don't just start them for the sake of starting topics to fill up nairaland.

Check most of my topics, they are usually issues that will be of National concern and discussion weeks or month after I start them.

I know what I am saying and for obvious reasons, I can't put up full details.

But watch the coming days what the government will give as the reason why fuel is scarce and the ONLY way out.

I advice you mark this thread.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by Joeadamu86: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
acidtalk: .....When I start topics, I don't just start them for the sake of starting topics to fill up nairaland.

Check most of my topics, they are usually issues that will be of National concern and discussion weeks or month after I start them.

But watch the coming days what the government will give as the reason why fuel is scarce and the ONLY way out.

I think you are just an alarmist,please don't give people wrong impressions about things that are untrue.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by mamikky: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
acidtalk: The recent Fuel scarcity across Lagos and other states in Nigeria is a plot by Jonathan, NNPC, petroleum minister, Finance minister and others is a trick planned to make fuel unavailable to Nigerians thereby they will blame it on lack of importantion by the Oil importaers because of unresolved Fuel subsidy scam issues currently looming the country.

The NNPC earlier released a statement that the scarcity is likely to worsen with each passing days.

Nigerians if you let Jonathan and his cabinet get away with this, we will be buying fuel for nothing less than N150 per litre before the end of this year.

Let's out unite and speak with one voice now or remain slaves in our own country.

What is the source of this your baseless information, it is better to keep silence and not talk than coming up with false information to heat up the polity
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by Stallion77(f): 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2012
acidtalk: .....When I start topics, I don't just start them for the sake of starting topics to fill up nairaland.

Link pls...since when did you become a freelance reporter? plus U are just a username so we cant take ur word for it.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2012
When I commented on the N5,000 note, the first lady's "visit" to germany and others, it was assumed it was all baseless assumptions. Well let us just say I am a soothsayer learning work under T.B Joshua.

Watch and see what the outcome becomes in the next few days.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by Demdem(m): 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
Well, its something the retardeen could be contemplating as long as those two liar witches are still in govt.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2012
Demdem: Well, its something the retardeen could be contemplating as long as those two liar witches are still in govt.

Just a matter of days.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by warrior01: 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2012
acidtalk:

Just a matter of days.
The subsidy removal is even long overdue
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2012
warrior01:
The subsidy removal is even long overdue
Make boys catch you.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by Mandelaguy(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2012
Maxymilliano: I beg to disagree with you Bro, the premise of your argument is faulty, hence the wrong conclusion. GEJ has no reason whatsoever to instigate the artificial scarcity currently experienced across the country to justify subsidy removal.

The Oil marketers are solely responsible for this despite the fact that the government have shifted its stance to ensure payments of outstanding subsidy claims to genuine importers.

What we should advocate or unite our voice against is the stranglehold of Oil marketers on the economy and why government should ensure optimal operation of our refineries to curtail the unnecessary vagaries we are being subjected to.

Enough is enough. These scamming marketers cannot continue holding us to ransom. I agree with your post and disagree with the op. The erroneous gospel he is propagating was the same that led us to the streets in January and nearly derailed the process of change in this country. While we take away some positives from that experience,we have to take into cognisance the fact that fuel subsidy has been the root of 99% of or fuel related economic problems in this country. It may be difficult at first, but going into elaborate explanations on the positives of removing fuel subsidy will take the whole page and I will not want to bore you with the whole thing,but if truth be said,let the subsidy be completely removed,so that this manipulations will stop. This will create an enabling ground for players in the sector. @op, GEJ does not need to institute artificial scarcity for the subsidy removal to sail through. We all know the subsidy story,so please go and rest and stop trying twist glaring truths.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2012
Fuel Scarcity is a plot? sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2012
the coming days will make thing clearer to all.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by manutayo(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2012
@ acidtalk you are right
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2012
One of the best things that will ever happen to Nigeria is for the subsidy regime to give way to free market forces.
Those who are opposing this policy are simply ignorant.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by acidtalk: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2012
manutayo: @ acidtalk you are right

But the people are too blind to see the truth.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by nairalanda1(m): 2:31pm On Mar 10
acidtalk:
The recent Fuel scarcity across Lagos and other states in Nigeria is a plot by Jonathan, NNPC, petroleum minister, Finance minister and others is a trick planned to make fuel unavailable to Nigerians thereby they will blame it on lack of importantion by the Oil importaers because of unresolved Fuel subsidy scam issues currently looming the country.

It was no plot.

BY 2011, we were spending thrice what we spent in 2010 to keep fuel below N65.

ANd by 2012, despite the partial removal, we ended up with a high amount for subsidy that it was becoming difficult to maintain.

Result, some fuel marketers had to increase prices, otherwise they and the importers would have gone out of business. Because of high petrol costs back then, due to high crude prices, the cost of maintaing subsidy was higher.

And now, here we are some 12 years later. The cost of subsidy has risen, and fuel is now N580-700, AND there are still queues because we don't want to face reality. Like you didn't senior.
Re: Fuel Scarsity Is A Plot By Jonathan To Remove Subsidy. Nigerians Arise. by nairalanda1(m): 2:32pm On Mar 10
One of the best things that will ever happen to Nigeria is for the subsidy regime to give way to free market forces.
Those who are opposing this policy are simply ignorant.

Hoi, hoi....the subsidy never went. And the government refuised to let free market forces work, and still refuses to do so.

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Lost Wife, Son To Governor Mimoko’s Election Rituals / Tinubu's Mother Burried (PHOTO) / APGA Is Now A Business Venture Between Two Brothers- Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.