Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? (1010 Views)

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church / What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? / Was There Any Black Man Prophet Of GOD In The Bible Or Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by aristole(m): 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2008
I've heard so many stories or I call them rumour that during an inferno;one of these books did not burn( I mean,resisted fire).Which one could it be?
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by Maykelly(f): 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2008
hee, this question is meaningless. Actually books cannot be powerful but the WORD written in it. I suggest you try any of them to know yourself the most powerful one. embarassed
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by olabowale(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2008
I have a story, both of fire and housing collapse. In both cases the Qur'an did not have a single bruise in the fire and in the effort of the fire fighter trying to stop the inferno with water. As I was permitted to inspect the damaged house, right inside the ruins, I was able to pick up my Qur'an, and smelled it; to the touch it was dry and there was no sign of being inside the inferno. As I removed it, and left the house, the whole house engulfed again and burnt to the ground!

The second incidence was a Masjid collapsing. In all of the ruins, there was no single dust that settled on the stack of Qur'ans on the shelves. Also amazing was that there was none of the wall hangings with Allah's name, Muhammad (as) or any Verse of the Qur'an fell down, eventhough the whole roof caved in. And finally there was no real injury on any person, that could be considered serious enough. Places was a house in Newark NJ in the very early 90s and the Masjid is Masjid Al Salaam in Jersey City in 99! Both cities are in the state of New Jersey, USA.
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 15, 2008
[move]hisess, [/move]

************walks out of the thread.************ grin
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by Spot(m): 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2008
Aristole are you a Christian or Muslim. Well, I am Xtian. Maybe one resisted fire or not, that doesn't matter, the only thing that matter is your trust in wat u believe in.
The Islams belief that theirs is powerful, do u expect me a christian to say mine is not as powerful as theirs?
I believe BIBLE is more powerful.
Their (Muslim) Leaders knows that, but would not want to conscent.
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by Bobbyaf(m): 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2008
Does the author of the books know the future? The bible's author is God who has declared the future. What say the Q'uran? Has it made significant predictions that we can definitively say have come to pass?

Declare thyself Moslems! grin
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by pilgrim1(f): 4:11pm On Jan 15, 2008
Bobbyaf:

Declare thyself Moslems! grin

Perhaps again, since all we ever see is a theory of "recycling", then we may want to recycle the Muslim "prophecy" of Muhammad in Deuteronomy once again! grin
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by Bobbyaf(m): 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2008
Perhaps again, since all we ever see is a theory of "recycling", then we may want to recycle the Muslim "prophecy" of Muhammad in Deuteronomy once again! Grin

grin Hahaha thats a good one.
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by aristole(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ May-kelly.
If you dont have contribution to a thread;Why are you thwarting others in doing so.
Other contributors posted meaningful responses but yours deviated.Don't be a religion saddist.O.K.
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by olabowale(m): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Bobbyaf:
Does the author of the books know the future? The bible's author is God who has declared the future. What say the Q'uran? Has it made significant predictions that we can definitively say have come to pass?

Declare thyself Moslems!  
Yet, as the Bible author is God, we see the personal statements and opinions of mere mortals! We read that Paul himself cajole/captivated his audiences with his own opinions and letters, girating from this to that, just to fit his intentions with the audience! Yardee, if this is 'Purely' God's, then please pick up the Qur'an and read! I know Jamaicans, they are not timid people and you should not, too! 'Read, in the name of your Lord, who Creates!'
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by pilgrim1(f): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Olabowale,

The historical antecedents reported in the Bible in first-personal tenses (which you call "personal statements"wink clearly show that the events involed real people, with real histories, real feelings, pains and joys. . . as well as real prophecies. That is the beauty of the whole collective testimony of the Bible.

On the other hand the Qur'an is simply the work of Muhammad; and it may interest you to note that Muhammad actually boasted of having "preached, commanded and prohibited" more matters than 'Allah' did in his Qur'an. Do you remember that - or you don't know as much in Islam to have been taught that one?

Now, please help us out here: what was 'Allah' doing that Muhammad was making MORE commandments and prohibitions than his master in the Qur'an? Can you sort that out, hmm? undecided
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2008
Your question is confusing poster?

Powerful as in what,
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by JeSoul(f): 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2008
olabowale:

I have a story, both of fire and housing collapse. In both cases the Qur'an did not have a single bruise in the fire and in the effort of the fire fighter trying to stop the inferno with water. As I was permitted to inspect the damaged house, right inside the ruins, I was able to pick up my Qur'an, and smelled it; to the touch it was dry and there was no sign of being inside the inferno. As I removed it, and left the house, the whole house engulfed again and burnt to the ground!

The second incidence was a Masjid collapsing. In all of the ruins, there was no single dust that settled on the stack of Qur'ans on the shelves. Also amazing was that there was none of the wall hangings with Allah's name, Muhammad (as) or any Verse of the Qur'an fell down, eventhough the whole roof caved in. And finally there was no real injury on any person, that could be considered serious enough. Places was a house in Newark NJ in the very early 90s and the Masjid is Masjid Al Salaam in Jersey City in 99! Both cities are in the state of New Jersey, USA.

ROTFL, how gullible do you think nairalanders are? do you really expect us to believe this tori?

Poster,
  this is a pointless question. Like one person said God's word is what is powerful, not the paper it is printed on.
if both books are made of paper- they will both burn! Unless they were made of fire-resistant material grin
Re: Which Is More Powerful,Bible Or Qoran? by sistajay(f): 7:38pm On Jan 15, 2008
Abeg make you no come start holy war for here o by asking which one dey more powerful the Bible or the Qur'an. The christian man go talk say na the Bible dey more powerful and the moslem man go talk say the Qur'an dey more powerful. If you set fire to either one of de holy books dey go BURN because na paper dey take make them.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities: 3rd September 2008 / I Hold A Deep Grudge Against Jesus / Wat Was Dat Fruit Adam Ate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.