Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? (7626 Views)

Help: Which Authority? The Bible Or The Catholic Church / The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by vin4ever(m): 8:47am On Dec 16, 2012
We debated on this our youth day and I just decided to bring up the Topic on Nairaland to get your opinions, what really makes you a christian: studying the word or praying ?
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by k2039: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2012
Having a relationship with the God is what makes one a Christian and that will include praying, reading the bible and doing all (Christ Like) that Jesus commanded.

8 Likes

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by AtheistD(m): 8:58am On Dec 16, 2012
You forgot to mention paying tithes wink

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Jutresbien: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2012
vin4ever: We debated on this our youth day and I just decided to bring up the Topic on Nairaland to get your opinions, what rili maks us a christian: studying the word or praying ?
Debate? We're christians, followers of Christ because we follow Christ example. He prayed, lived his life in line with God's will and didn't let anything come between his relationship with his father.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by boron10(m): 10:14am On Dec 16, 2012
Trying hard to live the life of Jesus Christ, following his words and bringinging others to him
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 16, 2012
both, in spirit and in truth.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2012
Paying tithes!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Psylas(m): 10:16am On Dec 16, 2012
Me it'as any time am sick wink
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by egift(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2012
Not trying to judge, but I always laugh at times when I see some people claim to be Christians - just because they go to church, born in a Christian family, live in a Christian dominated region, or other things like that.

For me am a Christian because I have given my life to Jesus by accepting him as my personal lord and saviour. Every other thing na jara.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by mployer(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2012
Having d life of christ in you, Never trying hard to live it.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2012
Combination of both. Duh

1 Like

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by DarkFive: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2012
Because we live in a world of sin!hence we all need to pray for forgiveness & also ask for strength to battle the challenges we face evry new week.
I pray cuz I nid armour of God daily
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2012
Be Christ-like, that's where "CHRISTianity" comes from.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by fittty(m): 10:26am On Dec 16, 2012
Studying the word and living like Christ did everyday and not just during church service only

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by slap1(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2012
Obeying the greatest commandment: LOVE.
Because if you love God, you will not hurt your fellow man, and you will strive not to sin against God.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 16, 2012
You can study the bible and pray all you want but without imbibing all you've studied from God's word into your everyday life, you're no better than the common unbeliever out there...

1 Like

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by vanstanzy(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2012
Living a Christ-like life.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by valdubem(m): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2012
Being a christian entails just more than prayer and bible reading. From the way you carry urself to the way you perceive and judge things. Put it this way: if you keep to ALL the ten commandments of God, then you re worth being called a christian
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by vanstanzy(m): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2012
fittty: .

Funny though, but u just painted a picture of most Christians. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by llouis: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2012
I am born of water and of the Spirit.

This is what makes me a child of the Father.
It is not about studying the bible or praying that makes you a christian.
You study the word to know the mind (will) of God and you pray to make God's will manifest physically in your life.

Its like saying you are your parents son because you went to the university, it doesnt follow.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by djeezy(m): 10:33am On Dec 16, 2012
Studying the bible and praying makes you a christian. The bible gives you knowledge about God and what he expects us to do to be righteous whereas praying gets us closer to God where we communicate with him and tell him our problems. So IMO, I think both acts makes you a christian and nothing more pretentious is what I mean by that.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Clemzy16(m): 10:33am On Dec 16, 2012
It is one thing to be a christian, it is another thing to be a beliver. Anyone can be a xtian but having a stronger relationship with God makes one a beliver.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by kevoh(m): 10:35am On Dec 16, 2012
Listen, you need to do more than studying the Bible and Praying as a Christian. Have you read and started practising what is quoted in James 1: 27? Have you been able to do what christ told the rich man to do If he wanted to make heaven? Do you remember to pray for christians and non-christians alike? Do you forgive easily or you use God's name and holy ghost fire to punish someone who offends you? A true christian tries his best to practice always what Christ taught!

3 Likes

Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by oemmanuel: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2012
What makes you a christian is Accepting the Life Christ bought for mankind by sacrificing His own life on that cross. Praying and Studying the Bible make you better as a christian. The only prayer that makes one a christian is the prayer of salvation.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by ujukala: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2012
I have to study the Bible and pray. Also, I will have to perform my christian duties like paying my tithes, loving my neighbours as myself and giving to the poor etc.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by mumumugu(m): 10:36am On Dec 16, 2012
The way u relate with ur fèlow human being. DO TO OTHERS AS U WANT THEM DO UNTO U. WAT U DO TO THE LEAST OF MY BROTHERS, U DO UNTO ME.

That is christianity. If u like read bible or pray 24 hrs. Ur xtianity hasnt startd
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 16, 2012
Psylas: Me it'as any time am sick wink
I see... You are sick. It shows in ur reply.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by mrman2(m): 10:40am On Dec 16, 2012
What makes you a student? Going to school or reading your books?
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2012
Faith in Christ.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by maumau1: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2012
non of the above make u a christian.
what makes u a christian is immitating christ in ur actions.
Re: What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? by Lovine: 10:49am On Dec 16, 2012
You forgot to mention paying tithes

Is it a sin to pay tithes? What's your problem with paying tithes, that's God's command and He forces no one to pay it. So stop bothering yourself about it. Either you pay it or forget it, maybe preferably better with harlots, beer palours, etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus VS Mohammad: How Both Men Treated Women *UPDATED* / SEX SCANDAL: Husband Writes Bishop Oyedepo, 'your Pastor Has Snatched My Wife' / Why Do People's Mouth Smell During Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.