Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,568 members, 7,823,486 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States (2479 Views)

Obiano Is Chasing Away Local Investors, Anambra Youths Laments / Steer Clear Of My Charity, Kingsley Kuku Tells EFCC / You Can’t Divide Bayelsa, Like You Did Rivers - Youths Warn Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by chino24: 7:38am On Sep 18, 2012
AWKA -THE youth wing of Association of Anambra Town Unions, ASATU, yesterday warned Kogi and Enugu states, which are laying claims to the oil deposits in Anambra State to steer clear of the newly-commissioned Orient Petroleum at Aguleri Otu in Anambra East Local Government Area or be prepared for a showdown.

Rising from a meeting in Awka, the youths said, it amounted to bad blood for the two states to want to reap from where they did not sow.

The youths described as unfortunate, a situation wherethe two states waited while successive administrations in Anambra State made effective investments towards the realisation of Orient Petroleum, only to show up when success had been achieved.

President of the association, Mr. Osita Ozalagba, said what was needed in the area after many years of toiling by the people of Anambra State to realise the project was peace and urged agitators not to distract the company and its operations.

The association also urged youths in Aguleri Otu, where Orient Petroleum is situated not to allow violence to defeat the economic benefits, assuring that Anambra youths would assist in ensuring adequate security of lives and property in the area.

“It is on record that successive administrations in Anambra State had sacrificed and invested greatly towards the success story of Orient Petroleum and it is therefore, surprising that these two states (Kogi and Enugu) suddenly woke up from their slumber to begin to lay claims to what is not theirs. Our humble advice to the two states is for them to mobilise their resources towards striking oil in their own land instead of playing the role of meddlesome interlopers.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/steer-clear-of-orient-petroleum-anambra-youths-warn-kogi-enugu-states/
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by chino24: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2012
Hehehhehehe

I think una wan try Anambra- The Light of the Nation? TheN be ready for showdown. I saw those guys yesterday at Regin Caeli driving out in several tinted Jeeps after the meeting in Awka, mehn their eyes are red as blood. cheesy grin grin grin

Kogi and Enugu state should go back to farming instead of looking for trouble which is sleeping.

If you want to join the elite club of oil producing state explore your state and then go to PRESIDENTIAL VILLA and do your homework just like Anambra and its numerous elites did to be able to achieve these feat.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by MrGlobe(m): 8:16am On Sep 18, 2012
lol. ve never taken the kogi noise seriously considering how the Enugu initial noise died down like an extinguished fire, after reality dawned on them. If you say you have oil why not go to abuja and do your own paperwork why disturbing Anambra people for oil in their own domain which was public knowledge since, but which you saw contrary and suddenly realized 'its yours' when it was declared an oil producing state. Because you are a thief!
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by basisop(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2012
Aguleri youths are dangerous!
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Maxymilliano(m): 8:52am On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Maxymilliano(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2012
Like apple, like Oil... Just like apple was claimed to have caused the downfall of man from the garden of Eden of old, Oil is threatening to bring about the downfall and disintegration of a present day geographical contraption...
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 18, 2012
Kogi ppl should get themselves a life and explore other minerals in their state instead of trying to steal somebody's already cooked food
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by ektbear: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2012
is the start of an oil war between anambra on one side and enugu/kogi on the other?

Surely Enugu will not take these insults
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 18, 2012
Pls moderators, I move the motion for the closure of this thread.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by PointB: 9:56am On Sep 18, 2012
Enugu and perhaps Kogi will discover oil in commercial quantity sooner or later, the whole SE region seems awash with oil. I think they should walk away from Anambra oil and explore for oil in their domain. Avariciousness has always been one of the pitfall of man. It is futile to claim what you did not work for.

I stand with Anambra on this matter, let them enjoy the fruit of the investment.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2012
If any of the oil well is found in Kogi or Enugu territory then they have the right to be compensated one way or the other.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by PointB: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2012
afam4eva: If any of the oil well is found in Kogi or Enugu territory then they have the right to be compensated one way or the other.

Well, not by attacking the Refinery, which is what the warning is all about. And it's still a matter of 'IF"

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by EzePromoe: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2012
All these poor newspaper looking for cheap publicity. Anambra in a showdown with Enugu? How does that sound to you? Let me tell you as an Anambra man that the creation of Enugu from Anambra never pleased majority of our people and that's why that relation is there till date. An Anambra man will do business in his state and would prefer to build his houses or mansions in Enugu to his native homeland. So don't mistake mere community conflicts with state clash please. Enugu na Anambra bu otu. Unu ewerụla ịhe edemede ndị aboki a kpọrọ ihe.

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by ak47mann(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2012
Anambra will set kogi people on fire if they dont respect themselves cool cool
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by billante(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2012
You guys should stop being childish for once and look at dis issue critical and mature! Even obi is being childish about this!
Am anambarian to start with and after studing dis issue for a some time now, in all honesty these are d facts I have gotten from d whole issue.

1. Orient petrolume was given an oil prospecting license by fG that covers the almost d whole anambra basin, this basin covers anambra enugu kogi delta and edo states.

2.Orient is fixing a modula refinery at aguleri-otu which is in anambra state (not yet completed)

3.Orient has been drilling oil wells all over d basin i mentioned above...they are currently working on five wells 2 in anambra state 2 in enugu state and 1 in ibaji in kogi state.

4. The one dat is presently produce about 2000 barrels of oil daily is the one in ibaji in kogi state, the other wells are still being explored but haven't started gushing out crude oil.

5.Orient is currently storing these oil produce in d ibaji oil well in barges at d banks of d anambra river in anticipation of refining them once the modular refinery they are fixing in aguleri-otu is completed,they are also planning to start selling d oil if more are produced from other wells dat are being currently explored.

From d facts I listed above you can honestly without ethnic baised mind say that anambra is not yet an oil producing state! Kogi state is,
Anambra and enugu state will soon be cause there are oil in their wells but they are still being worked on to start producing.

So in tecnical terms the president declared the wrong state an oil producing state on the 30 august 2012... for the argument that because anambra people/govt has being the only people that has invested billions in orient doesn't make them oil producing yet, they will be but not yet! Another thing is that because you help your landlord renovate or reconstruct his house doesn't make u the owner of d house.

Oil is on d exclusive right of the federal govt and 13% derivation fund of d 2000 barrels being produced in ibaji oil well should rightly be paid to kogi,and not forgeting,kogi should have being the one declared oil producing state by the president on the 30th aug.....the only money dat anambra should be getting from the ibaji oil well is the percentage profit they are entitled to through their investment in orient petrolume. Because orient is suppose to be getting 45% or 55% of d oil sales depending on the oil sharing plan they entered with the federal govt.

Solution:

Whether anambra like it or not,kogi state is the owner of d oil being currently produced now and are entitiled to 13% derivation fund and should also be decalared oil producing state whether they have invested in orient or not....a simple case is, bayelsa is entitiled to oil being produced in their land and recieves money without investing one kobo in agip or shell.

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Caseless: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2012
Isn't dis youth group obviously abrassive 2wards their enugu brothers 4 using tough words? Cos kogi no de SE. I'm sure dis is a foretaste of wat will happen, maybe wen BIAFRA is realised, as dis youths hav demonstrated in their warnin 2 enugu and kogi.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Super1759: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2012
emmysenior: Pls moderators, I move the motion for the closure of this thread.
irrelevant motion, simply ignored

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by MrGlobe(m): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2012
come this billante or whatever he calls himself is an id/iot. A Yoruba fool always claiming to be igbo and now Anambra in order to take a swipe at igbos. you think anybody is taking you seriously.
With the way he dished out his Yoruba jealousy inspired 'facts' you would think he is the owner of Orient or he is the chairman of 'Anambra basin board or he personally carried out the exploration in kogi himself.
where have you ever seen that oil has been explored anywhere in kogi? link us, you fraud!

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Super1759: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Kogi ppl should get themselves a life and explore other minerals in their state instead of trying to steal somebody's already cooked food
true talk. The numerous minerals in their land is still larvishing untapped.The govt can't convert it to a reasonable resource for the state and he is busy fighting for oil. They will kill themselves there

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by slimming: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2012
National Boundary Commission should them out to identify the rightful owner of the land area.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by olivertwist: 11:01am On Sep 18, 2012
billante: You guys should stop being childish for once and look at dis issue critical and mature! Even obi is being childish about this!
Am anambarian to start with and after studing dis issue for a some time now, in all honesty these are d facts I have gotten from d whole issue.

1. Orient petrolume was given an oil prospecting license by fG that covers the almost d whole anambra basin, this basin covers anambra enugu kogi delta and edo states.

2.Orient is fixing a modula refinery at aguleri-otu which is in anambra state (not yet completed)

3.Orient has been drilling oil wells all over d basin i mentioned above...they are currently working on five wells 2 in anambra state 2 in enugu state and 1 in ibaji in kogi state.

4. The one dat is presently produce about 2000 barrels of oil daily is the one in ibaji in kogi state, the other wells are still being explored but haven't started gushing out crude oil.

5.Orient is currently storing these oil produce in d ibaji oil well in barges at d banks of d anambra river in anticipation of refining them once the modular refinery they are fixing in aguleri-otu is completed,they are also planning to start selling d oil if more are produced from other wells dat are being currently explored.

From d facts I listed above you can honestly without ethnic baised mind say that anambra is not yet an oil producing state! Kogi state is,
Anambra and enugu state will soon be cause there are oil in their wells but they are still being worked on to start producing.

So in tecnical terms the president declared the wrong state an oil producing state on the 30 august 2012... for the argument that because anambra people/govt has being the only people that has invested billions in orient doesn't make them oil producing yet, they will be but not yet! Another thing is that because you help your landlord renovate or reconstruct his house doesn't make u the owner of d house.

Oil is on d exclusive right of the federal govt and 13% derivation fund of d 2000 barrels being produced in ibaji oil well should rightly be paid to kogi,and not forgeting,kogi should have being the one declared oil producing state by the president on the 30th aug.....the only money dat anambra should be getting from the ibaji oil well is the percentage profit they are entitled to through their investment in orient petrolume. Because orient is suppose to be getting 45% or 55% of d oil sales depending on the oil sharing plan they entered with the federal govt.

Solution:

Whether anambra like it or not,kogi state is the owner of d oil being currently produced now and are entitiled to 13% derivation fund and should also be decalared oil producing state whether they have invested in orient or not....a simple case is, bayelsa is entitiled to oil being produced in their land and recieves money without investing one kobo in agip or shell.

These makes sense to me. And from what I've heard and read from both parties, no one is disputing the above facts. However, the big QUESTIONS are:

1} How will Kogi state be compensated for the oil been taken from their state?

2} What makes a state an oil producing state? Is it by building a refinery or by having oil deposits?

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by MrGlobe(m): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2012
olivertwist:

These makes sense to me. And from what I've heard and read from both parties, no one is disputing the above facts. However, the big QUESTIONS are:

1} How will Kogi state be compensated for the oil been taken from their state?

2} What makes a state an oil producing state? Is it by building a refinery or by having oil deposits?

I don't know what other fact you want to be disputed (in your words) if not the governor of Anambra state saying the oil blocs serving Orient refinery are all domiciled in Anambra state.
your jealousy and ignorance will never delete that fact

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by billante(m): 11:16am On Sep 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:
come this billante or whatever he calls himself is an id/iot. A Yoruba fool always claiming to be igbo and now Anambra in order to take a swipe at igbos. you think anybody is taking you seriously.
With the way he dished out his Yoruba jealousy inspired 'facts' you would think he is the owner of Orient or he is the chairman of 'Anambra basin board or he personally carried out the exploration in kogi himself.
where have you ever seen that oil has been explored anywhere in kogi? link us, you fraud!

I pity you...I always speak d truth. Whether it benefits me or not
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Nightshift(m): 11:41am On Sep 18, 2012
In 20 years , Anambra state will realize that crude oil is a curse in Nigeria . By then, more than half of the money earned from the oil would have been stolen by the state's elites . On the order hand, the state will need billions of dollars to fight landslides (mbuze) if it doesn't want more than half of its landmass swallowed in a few decades. Rosy years awaits Enugu landlords as well, when Anambra's stolen oil money starts pouring in . Personally I've got a business idea which i hope to implement in Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi in anticipation of free flowing Anambra's oil money . So, Gov. Obi and co, bring it on !
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2012
Patiently waiting for the day when the final and resolute conclusion is reached, that would be when I'll spit fire. Let love lead the way.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 18, 2012
Where's omaigala the dogged fighter? cheesy
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by olivertwist: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I don't know what other fact you want to be disputed (in your words) if not the governor of Anambra state saying the oil blocs serving Orient refinery are all domiciled in Anambra state.
your jealousy and ignorance will never delete that fact

My friend, you are very funny . LOL @ Jealousy. If I'm jealous of your Oyel, what do you want Rivers, Delta, Edo, Ondo etc to say. Maybe I'm ignorant about the whole dispute like you said but one thing I'm sure of is that IF this problem is not handled with all seriousness it deserves by the FG asap, we might be seeing another version of MEND in the making...

The National Boundary Commission should intervene asap coz things can easily degenerates if care is not taken. Everything must be laid bare by parties involved. {OIL} MONEY THEY SAY,IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by chino24: 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2012
PointB: Enugu and perhaps Kogi will discover oil in commercial quantity sooner or later, the whole SE region seems awash with oil. I think they should walk away from Anambra oil and explore for oil in their domain. Avariciousness has always been one of the pitfall of man. It is futile to claim what you did not work for.

I stand with Anambra on this matter, let them enjoy the fruit of the investment.

Right on point.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by chino24: 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
Billante nwanne mu, were you like trying to make Kogi and co to feel happy and belonged?

Yeah I understand your position. cheesy grin
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by chino24: 1:38pm On Sep 18, 2012
Globe nwanne, calm down, its just a bait to make kogi and enugu state feel happy.

There is no need to get worked up because over 85% of the oil and gas are domiciled in Anambra state, that is why it is code-named ANAMBRA RIVER BASIN.
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by seunfly: 2:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I know thare is oil well in ibaji that was drill by ELF pectrolium in 1995 but was caped and abandoned because it was not prolific enough since they are not refining it and they will need large quantity for exportation. How ever anambra basin is mainly in anambra state and before the well in anambra will start producing oil will be around may 2013. I don't know why 0bi did not say this.

@ Globe please always argue with fact not with sentiments we are the leaders of tomorrow, if you don't know try and find out do not act base on asumption or thinking
Re: Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States by billante(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2012
chino24:

Right on point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agagu's Body, Immediate Family Members In Crashed Associated Plane / Nigeria's Passport Ranks 78th Best To Travel With / Fashola: Oduah’s Armoured Cars ‘ll Buy 51 Patrol Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.