Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,867 members, 7,844,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives (29699 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Kill More Than 50 In Borno State / Buhari Arrives Ijebu Ode , Ogun State @40 - Photos / Boko Haram Kills More than 50 Elderly People In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Ariyke: 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2012
May the departed souls rest in the bossom of Almighty God. sad
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by fittty(m): 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Where is the link to d pictures? undecided
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by passionate88: 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: NIgeria Road will be repair by 2013 says Minister

How many More to Die before then?
no mentioned of bad road(s) rather it was reckless driving
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Galaxydon1(m): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2012
Please nobody should blame the truck driver. Am a truck driver too, trailers make use of air, if air host or tank burst breaks and clutch will not be active again, it may cause the truck to loose control thereby causing accident. Just bear in mind that its man made and anything can happen at anytime.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by plaetton: 12:20am On Sep 19, 2012
Gabriel_sylar: Psalm 91
King James Version (KJV)
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

B.S.
And what good is this to those already dead or their family members?

He, who ever he is, apparently failed no.1-7 for the 50 dead and their families.
RIP to them.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by GboyegaD(m): 12:26am On Sep 19, 2012
May the soul of the departed ones find rest with God and may He grant their family the fortitude to bear this loss.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=18pt]Lord have mercy.

God,grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss[/size]

LEAVE GOD OUT OF THIS MY FRIEND. GOD ONLY HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.Such incidence is hardly heard of in developed countries because they have effective traffic system, sensible drivers, better road networks and enforcement.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by tit(f): 12:35am On Sep 19, 2012
Galaxydon1: Please nobody should blame the truck driver. Am a truck driver too, trailers make use of air, if air host or tank burst breaks and clutch will not be active again, it may cause the truck to loose control thereby causing accident. Just bear in mind that its man made and anything can happen at anytime.

man made systems usually give warning signs before breaking down completely.
most of these signs can be picked up if you carry out the daily/periodic vehicle inspections and accidents are prevented if you refuse to operate a faulty vehicle..

the blame for this accident, once again, goes to osita odioka. the man should institute an inspection regime for commercial vehicles and drivers.
he should also shut down the lagos-benin road, or any other road, in the interest of public safety, if necessary.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by coded777: 12:35am On Sep 19, 2012
Jeeeeeeeeeeezzz!! lawd,!
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by vislabraye(m): 12:53am On Sep 19, 2012
Galaxydon1: Please nobody should blame the truck driver. Am a truck driver too, trailers make use of air, if air host or tank burst breaks and clutch will not be active again, it may cause the truck to loose control thereby causing accident. Just bear in mind that its man made and anything can happen at anytime.

So who should be blamed? The truck or themanufacturers? I've seen some ricketty trucks and the way some of these drivers drive them.
Imagine a 20ton truck moving at 80kph in a street and has the brake force of a kia picanto. What do you expect?
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Dalion: 1:03am On Sep 19, 2012
May the spirit of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by 1025: 2:42am On Sep 19, 2012
whatever you fear in life will become a threat to ur life. nigerians are afraid to die so death has become our portion. we die like chicken on daily basis. those animals we call rulers know too well that we are not ready to die otherwise, they won't be treating us n=like animals.
just a couple of days back, jonathan released 155 pages of his achievements. his wife is in germany and ppl are dying in hundreds on road accidents. no fuel in lagos and abuja. no one is talking about security any more then one will be forced to ask, where is the 155 pages if our first lady finds no hospital worthy of handling a stomach problem?
it is a shame that we all know that those in power are vampires who live on our bloods and we sit down and watch them kill us one after the other.
Proverbs 29 : 2 explains the situation in nigeria.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by onlineadejoh(m): 3:26am On Sep 19, 2012
Haba! Are u ok!? Imagine u using a command tone for God! Who do u tnk u are?

You are nothing but a clay in the potters' hand.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by talkingfingers: 4:01am On Sep 19, 2012
Wallie: I think it should be mandated that all commercial bus drivers and their conductors learn CPR.[/b] Sounds like something Fashola can pull off!

Some of us are either trying to turn Fashola into a superhero of sorts or we're just being plain mischievous.
Shouldn't we let him concentrate his efforts on achieving human stuff before demanding superhuman ones from him?

Bus drivers and conductors, two of Lagos' most endangered species given their mindless recklessness must now be turned into CPR-administering life-savers by Fashola, abi? I hear you!

I'd rather the drivers worked on cutting out one dangerous manoeuver from their driving repertoire everyday. One less bit of dangerous driving per bus driver multiplied by the number of buses on Lagos roads daily seems to me like a much safer Lagos already.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by talkingfingers: 4:07am On Sep 19, 2012
1025:
just a couple of days back, jonathan released 155 pages of his achievements. his wife is in germany and ppl are dying in hundreds on road accidents. no fuel in lagos and abuja. no one is talking about security any more then one will be forced to ask, where is the 155 pages if our first lady finds no hospital worthy of handling a stomach problem?
it is a shame that we all know that those in power are vampires who live on our bloods and we sit down and watch them kill us one after the other.

It truly is a shame the number of avoidable deaths we are made to suffer as a people.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by manosteel(m): 5:26am On Sep 19, 2012
Nigeria and disasters! Are we becoming a time bomb and a disaster waiting to happen Nation.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by princeBea: 5:36am On Sep 19, 2012
LORD HAVE MERCY!!!
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 19, 2012
eaglechild: Most of these articulated truck drivers, have this extremely dangerous attitude of looking down on other road users in smaller vehicles as if they are untouchable.

Apart from most of the vehicles being in a poor state, the new ones are equally dangerous and wont hesitate to run u off the road(road construction trucks esp).
Many of the drivers spend very long hrs on the road and are mentally drained.

The FRSC has to start a campaign on SAFE TRUCKING and EMBER months.
This is VERY VERY SAD.
This is not just about FRSC campaigns, the accident is mechanical not behavioral and FRSC are tilted towardd enforcing proper driving. We really have to look in dept into traffic regulation laws in Nigeria. If EU countries without bodies similar to FRSC can be safest in the world in terms of traffic accidents, then we should even have lower rates. So something is definitely wrong.

The truth is that most of these companies operating the haulage trucks either directly or through a contractor don't really care about road safety because life has no value in Nigeria and relations of victims don't sue these companies. I know of a large multinational cement company in Nigeria that has only 1 road safety coordinator in their large HSE department. This guy coordinates about 3000 truck drivers. whereas, this same company has 1road safety coordinator to circa 100 truck drivers in the UK! They focus more on preventing accident in the work place itself and not really concerned about what goes on outside the workplace. Losing just one - ten trucks full load of cement in a year does not bite into their profits in any way. Nigeria is lawless, most companies get away with crimes that would land their executives in jail in a foreign climate.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by solgee(m): 5:57am On Sep 19, 2012
omiobo: Lord have mercy!lord have mercy!! Lord have mercy!!! Lord have mercy!!!lord have mercy!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Obinoscopy(m): 6:33am On Sep 19, 2012
50 in a day! All caused by just one trailer. A state of emergency needs to be declared on all our heavy duty vehicles now! This killings has got to stop! angry
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by OmokayZ(m): 7:05am On Sep 19, 2012
First of all, i thank God for my Life,was coming back from OOU yesterday evening and d bus i boarded was 2mins lucky of the accident. Thank you Jesus and Rip to those who lost their lives.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by VolvoS60(m): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2012
1025: whatever you fear in life will become a threat to ur life. nigerians are afraid to die so death has become our portion. we die like chicken on daily basis. those animals we call rulers know too well that we are not ready to die otherwise, they won't be treating us n=like animals.
Proverbs 29 : 2 explains the situation in nigeria.

^^^^ It is a pity that you, monkeyleg, okadaman and some others do not post as frequently as you used to on these boards. Nigerians do not want to hear the truth. But we will hear it "by fire by force", as they say. I will carry out my own investigations to find out more about this motor accident but sadly, it seems the template is the same for the majority of Nigeria's RTAs (road traffic accidents) - faulty vehicles and driver error, compounded by awful roads.

I will NEVER, EVER get tired of saying it. When will Nigerians stand up for themselves, for God's sake? When? We refuse (time and time again) to demand accountability from our leaders and then we grumble when we pay for it (time and time again) in blood and tears. And since we are not prepared to ACT, we will continue to pay!

For me, the carnage on Nigeria's slaughter slabs (which in our ignorance, we call "roads" ) sad will always remain a campaign issue. I will NEVER, EVER give my vote to a power elite that has demonstrated nothing but deep contempt for me and millions of other Nigerians that this morally bankrupt elite purports to serve. Why should I? And why should other Nigerians too?

What kind of people tolerate governments which cannot build roads? Roads have been on earth since Roman times. The technology for making these roads has improved considerably since then. There is absolutely no reason why Nigerians should die while swerving to avoid potholes on roads built with taxpayers money. But we die this way because we are cowards who do not have the guts to ask the right questions and DEMAND answers.

What kind of people tolerate governments which freely allow borderline psychotic drivers in poorly maintained vehicles to pose a threat to the lives of thousands of others? What kind of people tolerate governments which see MoT certificates as revenue generation schemes and nothing more? Only Nigerians. We tolerate this because we are weak, spineless and easily distracted. We have no standards.

What kind of people tolerate governments which freely allow thousands of people to trade, loiter, eat, worship, live, lounge, gossip and generally mill about right at the edge of an "expressway" with motor vehicles hurtling past at speeds over 100km/h? Only Nigerians.

What kind of people tolerate governments which allow HGV drivers to drive with unsecured/unlatched containers? Only Nigerians.

What kind of people tolerate governments which leave the wreckage of RTA vehicles to rot for years on the highways without considering the hazard posed to road users? Only Nigerians.

I'm sick and tired of our helpless, endless griping - online, in the print newsmedia, at the local beer parlour, in our homes, etc. We biitch and complain and then recycle the same old reprobates come election season. And then we complain some more. Even donkeys have a better sense of self preservation. angry

One more thing. A lot of posters have called the name of God and asked that He grant the souls of the dead eternal rest. I agree. But please note:

God will not come down from heaven to remove the inebriated driver sitting at the wheel of your vehicle.
God will not come down from heaven to strap on your seatbelt.
God will not come down from heaven to read the highway code on your behalf.
God will not come down from heaven to replace your bald tyres with roadworthy ones.
God will not come down from heaven to inspect and certify your vehicle.
God will not come down from heaven to fill potholes and fix roads.

Above all, God will not come down from heaven to help you choose governments that even consider these things to be important. You will have to do that all by yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by mshd5: 7:11am On Sep 19, 2012
May God give d family of bereaved strenght 2 bear d loss
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by ogochukwunasa1: 7:40am On Sep 19, 2012
Ganys: Blood Sucking Ritualist at work again in IJEBU, May the soul of the Victim rest in PEACE

Iya e, Baba e
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by ufonduifeanyi(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2012
may god put there soul in perfect peace

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by naja2: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2012
five reasons why it wont happen in saner climes.
1. the high way is the highway people dont trade on the high way so no traders or buyers will be killed, even if there was a brake failure.
2. Roads are properly design puttin into cognisance situations like this, so no silly bus stops at junctions, so 100 people dont ve any reason to gather at junctions/intersections are not meant for bis stops.
3.In saner clime truck/heavy duty truck under very strict yearly test, before u are allowed to drive such vehicles, you must have passed series of rigourous driving test plus years of driving experince, back in this jungle any dick just starts driving.
4 Our ambulance/rescue system is a disaster on its own, most people who die from road accident would be survived if only they were in saner clime, cant talk too much about this guess we are all too familiar with our pathetic health system.
5. Because the average Nigerain like we can see in d tread is unintelligent blaming accidents on ember months rather than reasoning with their God given brains and hold their leaders accountable for presiding over a failed state, ok are there no ember months in the uk, s a, canada etc, google the rate of fatalities from road accident this year compared to thier and check out Nigeria own.Wake up people!!!. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2012
k2039: [size=18pt]Lord have mercy.

God,grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss[/size]
u mean the Lord is angry?
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Mannylex(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2012
In the "ember" months, evil, strange things happen. It's not a surprise... May their souls R.I.P
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Jisunpack: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2012
When Dangote intends to bring sanity to the haulage business by employing graduates to replace these set of crack smoking heartless nutjobs causing avoidable and unnecessary accidents on the road due to one form of law breakage or the other, many people insulated him and call him names.

Now, we are witnessing the sad and horrible repercussions of allowing illiterates mounting the wheels of heavy trucks.

RIP to the death, such was a sad ending.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Sirnokiopee(m): 8:26am On Sep 19, 2012
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by bamac(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2012
channel801:

http://www.channel801.com/Politics-News-II/ghastly-accident-in-ijebu-ode-claims-more-than-50-lives.html
it wasnt as a result of faild brake, police porsued d trailer and shot d tire which lead to d accident.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by pappilo(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2012
Billyonaire:

Is it only in Nigeria that accidents happens. You get the same type of incidents in places like the UK and USA so I dont understand why you are all making so much noise as if it is a big deal.

Nigeria is a developing country. You ust have to be alert and you can escape planes dropping into your house or teucks ramming into you at bus stops. Nigeria is on its way to be one of the most developed countries by 2015

In Jonathan we trust!

Abi o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Priests Sprinkle ‘Holy Water’ On Shaibu At Office Dedication (pic) / Gov Sule To Peter Obi: Politics Is Over, Please Support President Tinubu / Buhari Is The Major Problem Of Nigeria – fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.