Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives (29698 Views)

Boko Haram Attacks Kill More Than 50 In Borno State / Buhari Arrives Ijebu Ode , Ogun State @40 - Photos / Boko Haram Kills More than 50 Elderly People In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by greall1: 9:03am On Sep 19, 2012
Are you the only one in Nairaland.

PROUD-IGBO:
PLEASE! You idiots should stop posting pics of dead/mangled bodies (as if it's dead chicken) without any warning, or hiding it in a link to click on first.

Life is very cheap in this country.....just last week (i think undecided) there was another story in the news of a large vehicle that had a brake failure and rammed into a bus coming in the opposite direction, killing tens of people.

Road safety have to do something about all these ancient-tokunbo-rickety trailers and trucks that abound everywhere; but for the grace of God, that could be anyone of us in that gory pic!
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Ekowise(m): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2012
Oh LORD
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Exponental(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2012
FRSCy has lost its focus.
They envy lastma. All they do is extort rather than correct.
I won't be surprised if they already stopped d said truck b4 dat accident spot, extort him n later ask him 2 go.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by k2039: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2012
solidbroda: u mean the Lord is angry?

Danka7777:

LEAVE GOD OUT OF THIS MY FRIEND. GOD ONLY HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES.Such incidence is hardly heard of in developed countries because they have effective traffic system, sensible drivers, better road networks and enforcement.

I exclaimed(that's my favorite phrase),when I veiwed the thread then,I saw a picture of some of the corpse,trust me if you saw the picture you would have screamed.

Obviously is not like I meant God was angry,but God should have mercy on those of us still living and the families of the deceased.
I agree totally with everything Danka7777
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Baawaa(m): 9:31am On Sep 19, 2012
IF YOU REALLY LOVE YOURSELF SAY THIS PRAYER POINT WITH HOLY ANGER.END OF THE DISASTER,HEAR ME AND HEAR ME WELL,I AND MY FAMILY MEMBERS ARE NOT YOUR CANDIDATES IN THY NAME OF JESUS!SEVEN AMEN TO THAT!AMEN,AMEN,AMEN,AMEN,AMEN,AMEN,AMEN
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by benJAVA: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2012
My mom pass through dis road ystday, thank God she arrive safely
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by jamil2(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2012
My Fellow Citizens permit me to create a new motto for the country called Nigeria. The motto should be 'DEATH IS OUR PRIDE' because nowadays you will hardly listen to the news or reading from newspaper and will not come across a headline on how innocent citizens are dying day and night and however, majority of the causes are BOKO HARAM, WATER FLOOD, MOTOR ACCIDENT, FULANI ISSUES and TRIBAL CLASHES in different location of the country.

And the funny part of this sadly news Government may likely isn’t ready to restore order and deal with areas that could be handle by the security agencies in order to put hold on of all these miserable.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by tommykiwi(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2012
R.I.P .....MAY GOD GRANT YOUR FAMILIES THE HEART TO BEAR THIS GREAT
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Baawaa(m): 10:14am On Sep 19, 2012
jamil!:
My Fellow Citizens permit me to create a new motto for the country called Nigeria. The motto should be 'DEATH IS OUR PRIDE' because nowadays you will hardly listen to the news or reading from newspaper and will not come across a headline on how innocent citizens are dying day and night and however, majority of the causes are BOKO HARAM, WATER FLOOD, MOTOR ACCIDENT, FULANI ISSUES and TRIBAL CLASHES in different location of the country.

And the funny part of this sadly news Government may likely isn’t ready to restore order and deal with areas that could be handle by the security agencies in order to put hold on of all these miserable.
You personalize to yourself"DEATH IS YOUR PRIDE"
So,speak for yourself and your family
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by wirewire(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Shut it fool!!! Like i'm Nostradamus to know b/4 hand that such pics were posted in the thread. Don't expose your crass stupidity, twerp!!!
HAHAHA! Guy u no go kill me. grin[quote author=PROUD-IGBO]
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Delightbaby(f): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2012
May d gud LORD have mercy on us and give dos families dat loss der beloved one d fortitude 2 bear d loss. Amen
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by jamil2(m): 11:27am On Sep 19, 2012
Baawaa:
You personalize to yourself"DEATH IS YOUR PRIDE"
So,speak for yourself and your family

Accepted, if it was a good wish for me and family too. But Sir, what effort are you making and to end this tragedy? No matter how prayerful or careful you are if people responsible to halt these problems have failed to do their works without doubt I will count you among the victims one day.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by seedorfabbey: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
From a relaible source we heard it was police men pursued the trailer all the way fron ososa,lagos-sagamu expressway,so ungetting to ijebu-ode junction the trailer drive was trying to maneuver by entring into ijebu-ode town that was when the driver lose control and entered into a small garage where some cars and buses use to load their passengers e.g to ososa,sagamu,ikenne,sango,papa,ife etc. And killed many innoccent souls.R I P for all the Victims and speed and quick recovery for those responding to the treatment,expecially BROTHER SUHAIB AND HIS SON.AMEEN
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by eaglechild: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2012
naja2: five reasons why it wont happen in saner climes.
1. the high way is the highway people dont trade on the high way so no traders or buyers will be killed, even if there was a brake failure.
2. Roads are properly design puttin into cognisance situations like this, so no silly bus stops at junctions, so 100 people dont ve any reason to gather at junctions/intersections are not meant for bis stops.
3.In saner clime truck/heavy duty truck under very strict yearly test, before u are allowed to drive such vehicles, you must have passed series of rigourous driving test plus years of driving experince, back in this jungle any dick just starts driving.
4 Our ambulance/rescue system is a disaster on its own, most people who die from road accident would be survived if only they were in saner clime, cant talk too much about this guess we are all too familiar with our pathetic health system.
5. BECAUSE THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN LIKE WE CAN SEE IN D TREAD IS UNINTELLIGENT BLAMING ACCIDENTS ON EMBER MONTHS rather than reasoning with their God given brains and hold their leaders accountable for presiding over a failed state, ok are there no ember months in the uk, s a, canada etc, google the rate of fatalities from road accident this year compared to thier and check out Nigeria own.Wake up people!!!. May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

U would have made more sense if u deleted number 5.
However, in order to prove ur theory on the intelligence of Nigerians, by using urself as a guinea pig/example, u didn't.
"A surge in vehicular traffic is usually witnessed during the EMBER months because of the festivities and the start of the dry season (events are preferrably held).
There is thus a propensity for RTAs/MVAs.

This is a world wide phenomenon and timing may vary depending on the holiday period of the country. It has nothing to do with the sound of the "ember" months.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by eaglechild: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
saxywale:
This is not just about FRSC campaigns, the accident is MECHANICAL NOT BEHAVIORAL and FRSC are tilted towardd enforcing proper driving. We really have to look in dept into traffic regulation laws in Nigeria. If EU countries without bodies similar to FRSC can be safest in the world in terms of traffic accidents, then we should even have lower rates. So something is definitely wrong.

The truth is that most of these companies operating the haulage trucks either directly or through a contractor don't really care about road safety because life has no value in Nigeria and relations of victims don't sue these companies. I know of a large multinational cement company in Nigeria that has only 1 road safety coordinator in their large HSE department. This guy coordinates about 3000 truck drivers. whereas, this same company has 1road safety coordinator to circa 100 truck drivers in the UK! They focus more on preventing accident in the work place itself and not really concerned about what goes on outside the workplace. Losing just one - ten trucks full load of cement in a year does not bite into their profits in any way. Nigeria is lawless, most companies get away with crimes that would land their executives in jail in a foreign climate.

I partly agree with u, but i dont understand the part in capitals.
I beleive the ATTITUDE of the driver, is about the most important when it comes to safety.
Not every one would speed off with an articulated truck just to avoid a police check point knowing the grave dangers that may lead to, many drivers do this out of ignorance or shear lack of respect for human life.

Imagine i had to get my speed up to 120km/hr! on an occasion to enable me overtake an articulated truck! I was convinced the brakes had failed as it ran other vehicles off the road. To my utter dismay it came to a complete stop when it got to a check point!

On another occasion i had to get my speed up to 90km/hr to overtaked a fully loaded PETROL TANKER(that road was a smooth dual carriage so the driver "FORGOT" what he was carrying. I tried flagging him down to reduce speed but i dont know if he had a clue what i was doing. kiss
saxywale:
This is not just about FRSC campaigns, the accident is MECHANICAL NOT BEHAVIORAL and FRSC are tilted towardd enforcing proper driving. We really have to look in dept into traffic regulation laws in Nigeria. If EU countries without bodies similar to FRSC can be safest in the world in terms of traffic accidents, then we should even have lower rates. So something is definitely wrong.

The truth is that most of these companies operating the haulage trucks either directly or through a contractor don't really care about road safety because life has no value in Nigeria and relations of victims don't sue these companies. I know of a large multinational cement company in Nigeria that has only 1 road safety coordinator in their large HSE department. This guy coordinates about 3000 truck drivers. whereas, this same company has 1road safety coordinator to circa 100 truck drivers in the UK! They focus more on preventing accident in the work place itself and not really concerned about what goes on outside the workplace. Losing just one - ten trucks full load of cement in a year does not bite into their profits in any way. Nigeria is lawless, most companies get away with crimes that would land their executives in jail in a foreign climate.

I partly agree with u, but i dont understand the part in capitals.
I beleive the ATTITUDE of the driver, is about the most important when it comes to safety.
Not every one would speed off with an articulated truck just to avoid a police check point knowing the grave dangers that may lead to, many drivers do this out of ignorance or shear lack of respect for human life.

Imagine i had to get my speed up to 120km/hr! on an occasion to enable me overtake an articulated truck! I was convinced the brakes had failed as it ran other vehicles off the road. To my utter dismay it came to a complete stop when it got to a check point!

On another occasion i had to get my speed up to 90km/hr to overtaked a fully loaded PETROL TANKER(that road was a smooth dual carriage so the driver "FORGOT" what he was carrying. I tried flagging him down to reduce speed but i dont know if he had a clue what i was doing.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by azpekuliar: 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I agree!!

There is something very macabre with the way some people are always eager to post pictures of the dead! You almost tempted to think they enjoy it. How else can you explain it? The Story already state there someone (people) died. . .we know what DEAD is, so why post the picture??

Still can't get over the picture of the guy who drowned from this morning. undecided

Please where can I see this picture of the guy who drowned?
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by legba1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2012
i covered the incidence and i want to inform you all that eyes witness report have it that men of the naija police force were the ones chasing thi articulated truck before he swerved into a mini pack beside the express crushing passengers in 2 loaded buses and a hoard of gala/la'carsera sellers there.it was indeed a bad evenning.there was almost a bad followup this morning when a police team visited the general hospital at ijebu ode and people confronted them and pelt the team with pure water on account of part they play in the accident.
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by day4(m): 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2012
That's terrible. God have merci
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
Na police deh pursue d vehicle oo e no loose control oo
Re: Fatal Accident At Ijebu Ode Claims More Than 50 Lives by Skenge98: 11:00am On Jan 29, 2013
LORD HAVE MERCY ON OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Is The Major Problem Of Nigeria – fayose / PDP Elects Kingsley Chinda As Reps Minority Leader / Why Have Nigerian Leaders Refused To Patronise Local Hospitals Since 1966?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.