Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. (1877 Views)

MILC- Mowe Ibafo Lagos Corridor Discussion Thread. / Somali Girls Are Most Beautyful In Africa (second Part Discussion) / General Discussion Library! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
this thread is a sequel to the NMAT award main thread. www.nairaland.com/1556147/first-nairaland-non-mod-organized-multiple The judges of the award, donphilopus and kingmexx can discuss here. Not open to the general public as any complaint or suggestion laid here won't be attended to.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ok! Thanks
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
Aiite..Sent a pm to Seun in the morning informing him of this. Yet to get a reply from him. I may send it again this night
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
donphilopus: Ok! Thanks
You are welcome
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
KingMEXX: Aiite..Sent a pm to Seun in the morning informing him of this. Yet to get a reply from him. I may send it again this night
Thank you very much.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
Since we are supposed to be working as a team, I would like you both to table your suggestions on how to have successfull and well publicised award outing.
Personally, am planning to open a thread with a link to the award thread in all the sections of nairaland.
Also, I think it would be nice for both of you to have veto vote.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
vanguard1:
Thank you very much.
follow me back. want to send yu a pm
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2013
vanguard1:
You are welcome
No P!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
vanguard1: Since we are supposed to be working as a team, I would like you both to table your suggestions on how to have successfull and well publicised award outing.
Personally, am planning to open a thread with a link to the award thread in all the sections of nairaland.
Also, I think it would be nice for both of you to have veto vote.
You may not be able to do that, because there are maximum number of threads, you're allowed to create on Nairaland! So you may not be able to create a thread in all sections.

I suggest, you use it as your signature, and provide the link to the link to the award thread!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2013
donphilopus: You may not be able to do that, because there are maximum number of threads, you're allowed to create on Nairaland! So you may not be able to create a thread in all sections.

I suggest, you use it as your signature, and provide the link to the link to the award thread!
I will do exactly that.
What about the veto vote....it means that for any body the judge vote's for automatically gets a 3pts, however the veto vote will have a lifeline of 3 votes for each category.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
vanguard1:
I will do exactly that.
What about the veto vote....it means that for any body the judge vote's for automatically gets a 3pts, however the veto vote will have a lifeline of 3 votes for each category.
That's welcomed!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
As for the nomination part, the idea is that members will be allowed to nominate whoever they want, then the judges will select three people each they believe is eligible for each of the categories of the award from the people already nominated by the members.
After the nomination which will last from 17th till 20th december 2013, the actual voting will start from 20th to 24th, after the voting, you the judges will collate the votes and publish the result.
NB: please you can't use the veto votes to vote yourself, no nominated person can vote for him/herself more than three times, the judges reserve the absolute right to deny any nominee of his votes if it is established he used either multiple accounts to vote for him/herself or did anything to threaten the integrity of the award process.
I will post subsequent informations as they unfold. You both should do well to post any information you have on this thread.
Thanks and God bless once more.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ok! What time would the nomination start??
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
The nomination will start by 10am....the threads for the different categories will surely be ready by then. Will post the links here and on the mother thread.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
OK. Is there any possibility of including a mod so as to enable us push the mother thread to the front page for more publicity. Also, the rules and format of the award show should be clearly stated on the first post in the mother thread to enable nairalanders understand it more
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
KingMEXX: OK. Is there any possibility of including a mod so as to enable us push the mother thread to the front page for more publicity. Also, the rules and format of the award show should be clearly stated on the first post in the mother thread to enable nairalanders understand it more
Let's wait for Seun's response!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ok!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
OK, the rules are on the mother thread. so, we wait patiently for Seun smiley
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 1:24am On Dec 17, 2013
[quote author=KingMEXX]OK, the rules are on the mother thread. so, we wait patiently for Seun smiley[/
quote]
It seems seun is too busy to attend to Nairaland matters, I have personally pm him and you also done so but he didn't reply.
Anyway, I think its a good idea to involve the mods and I have setted out to do it.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by vanguard1(m): 1:27am On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: OK, the rules are on the mother thread. so, we wait patiently for Seun smiley
But I don't think that seun's absence should make us not to proceed as planned unless you people think otherwise. You are the judges now and can veto what should and should not be done.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2013
Good morning guys..I think we can start up the nomination threads.
@Vanguard and Donphilopus someone suggested adding Most handsome and beautiful.. how do yu see it??
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 9:50am On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: Good morning guys..I think we can start up the nomination threads.
@Vanguard and Donphilopus someone suggested adding Most handsome and beautiful.. how do yu see it??
I don't know of that sha! Because some people might another persons' pictures.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2013
donphilopus: I don't know of that sha! Because some people might another persons' pictures.
OK. that's cool
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2013
I have this idea of how nominations should go. since there are 7 award categories, I would set up a nomination thread for categories 1 to 3 while Donphilopus can set up 4 to 7 or vice versa. In the thread, each nairalander can only indicate interest or nominate 1 person per each category. The nomination session would last for exactly 24hrs after which we the judges would gather together to collate the nominees, select 3 finalists for each category and compile their Profiles of which would be used during the final voting session...What do yu think??
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:33am On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: I have this idea of how nominations should go. since there are 7 award categories, I would set up a nomination thread for categories 1 to 3 while Donphilopus can set up 4 to 7 or vice versa. In the thread, each nairalander can only indicate interest or nominate 1 person per each category. The nomination session would last for exactly 24hrs after which we the judges would gather together to collate the nominees, select 3 finalists for each category and compile their Profiles of which would be used during the final voting session...What do yu think??
It would be good! But there are maximum number of threads, a members is allowed to create within 24hrs!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 17, 2013
donphilopus: It would be good! But there are maximum number of threads, a members is allowed to create within 24hrs!
yea that's why I said one thread should house like up to 3 or 4 categories where each NLer would come and nominate anybody he/she wants to win. The other thread the other judge would open would handle the remaining categories
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: yea that's why I said one thread should house like up to 3 or 4 categories where each NLer would come and nominate anybody he/she wants to win. The other thread the other judge would open would handle the remaining categories
Ok, it would be better that way!
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:43am On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: yea that's why I said one thread should house like up to 3 or 4 categories where each NLer would come and nominate anybody he/she wants to win. The other thread the other judge would open would handle the remaining categories
I'm also thinking we should wait for Vanguard1 to create the thread, himself! How about that??
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2013
donphilopus: I'm also thinking we should wait for Vanguard1 to create the thread, himself! How about that??
Sure, not a problem
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 10:52am On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: Sure, not a problem
Ok! Maybe you can PM him.
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2013
donphilopus: Ok! Maybe you can PM him.
Did that an hour ago
Re: NMAT Award..judges Discussion Thread. by donphilopus: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2013
KingMEXX: Did that an hour ago
Ok!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18+ Photo: A Cake Designed In The Shape Of A Baby Being Born / Photos:the Worst Road In Enugu State(rehab. Road) / Which Is The Best Beach In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.