Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition (6678 Views)

#FreeEse:Emir Sanusi Denies Malicious Lies That Said He Refused To Help #freeese / I Dropped My Presidential Ambition For Buhari — Saraki / I Sacrificed My Presidential Ambition For Buhari –Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Jarus(m): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2012
The Central Bank Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has denied reports linking him with a presidential ambition at the instance of a political party, Congress for Progressive Change CPC.

He was reacting to reports that CPC is gunning for him as a presidential candidate on the party’s platform. He spoke via an online medium, Ra’ayi Riga.

“I have just seen this story. Let me repeat for the umpteenth time that no one in CPC has ever discussed this with me and I don’t believe it is true. There is an orchestrated attempt to paint a picture of me with political ambitions for two reasons: first it feeds into a narrative of disloyalty.

“The narrative says because I am a northerner and a Muslim appointed by UMYA I am not loyal to GEJ. This why somebody as senior as a Chairman Of Senate Rules Committee Senator Enang can claim that currency redenomination is a ploy by SLS to bring down GEJ in a serious newspaper interview. The second is a group in Government that wants to discredit the CBN so that any independent critical views expressed are labeled political.

“When u come from my family and accept a title you cannot openly be in partisan politics. It is an unwritten law. Mistakes were made in the First Republic but since then avoided. The institution belongs to all Kano people and joining one party alienates supporters of another. One has to choose between political ambitions at federal or state level and the love and unity of Kano people. I made my choice long ago and everyone knows it but it won’t stop the fabricators from doing what they are good at.

“I repeat that I am not in partisan politics, I have no desire to contest for elective office and the story is false as far as I know,” he said.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/35164/2012/09/19/sanusi_denies_nursing_presidential_ambition.html
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Jarus(m): 9:00am On Sep 19, 2012
When I saw that story yesterday I dismissed it as just another fabrication planted into the media to discredit SLS, but it wasn't that easy to dismiss because that's not the first time SLS will be linked with presidential ambition in the media.

Of course, I know SLS is a hard-sell, not because he isn't good for the job but because 1, he is a controversial personality 2, the myth of religious/ethnic bigotry hangs on his neck. Of course, he knows he is not popular, even in the north(and frankly doesnt care about popularity. Even at the height of his popularity in 2009 or early 2010, I remember him responding to a newspaper interviewer that asked him whether he will be interested in presidency later, that he was not interested, and emirship of Kano is his ultimate ambition.

But beyond that, the SLS I know wont engage in partisan politics. He prefers to be a critic, as he has always been since university days. He is too impatient and uncompromising to be involved in partisan politics. He will just scatter anything. At least I know he wont give bribe.

Buhari remains the North's most popular politician, all the Sanusis and El-Rufais of this world may not even win a guber election even in their home states.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by k2039: 9:10am On Sep 19, 2012
Jarus: When I saw that story yesterday I dismissed it as just another fabrication planted into the media to discredit SLS, but it wasn't that easy to dismiss because that's not the first time SLS will be linked with presidential ambition in the media.

Of course, I know [size=14pt]SLS is a hard-sell[/size] , not because he isn't good for the job but because [size=15pt]1, he is a controversial personality [/size] [size=15pt]2, the myth of religious/ethnic bigotry hangs on his neck.[/size] [size=15pt]Of course, he knows he is not popular, [/size]even in the north(and frankly doesnt care about popularity. Even at the height of his popularity in 2009 or early 2010, I remember him responding to a newspaper interviewer that asked him whether he will be interested in presidency later, that he was not interested, and emirship of Kano is his ultimate ambition.

But beyond that, the SLS I know wont engage in partisan politics. He prefers to be a critic, as he has always been since university days. He is too impatient and uncompromising to be involved in partisan politics. He will just scatter anything. At least I know he wont give bribe.

Buhari remains the North's most popular politician, [size=15pt]all the Sanusis and El-Rufais of this world may not even win a guber election even in their home states. [/size]
[size=18pt]
GBAM[/size]

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by sammirano: 9:12am On Sep 19, 2012
who will even vote for that tyrannt.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2012
Good for him cos he will print N100m note
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Kx: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2012
sammirano: who will even vote for that tyrannt.
almajaris and boko haram members will gladly vote for him

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by size38: 9:16am On Sep 19, 2012
I guess, it is the president of Arewa consultative Forum (ACF) and not nigeria he is nursing ambition for.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by DonaldGenes(m): 9:17am On Sep 19, 2012
Am drinkinq hot tea! Make una come join moi o
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Youngzedd(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2012
Who cares.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by sheyguy: 9:21am On Sep 19, 2012
What did he say about Kano state ambition?
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by OAM4J: 9:21am On Sep 19, 2012
I knew the story cant be true.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by tigerleggs(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2012
Wetin concern tigerleggs with overload? SMH. Metcheeew.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by ektbear: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2012
“When u come from my family and accept a title you cannot openly be in partisan politics. It is an unwritten law. Mistakes were made in the First Republic but since then avoided.

Elaboration on bolded?
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Mavrick2012: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2012
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Mavrick2012: 9:37am On Sep 19, 2012
is peoples vote "even" needed to win electn in nigeria?bro,u vote or nt if d power dat b chooses him u are only rantin
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by takedat(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2012
[quote author=ekt_bear]“When u come from my family and accept a title you cannot openly be in partisan politics. It is an unwritten law. Mistakes were made in the First Republic but since then avoided.

Elaboration on bolded?[/quote)Ahmadu Bello happened to be a Sokoto crown prince just like SLS is a Kano crown prince.He is trying to show neutrality whereby royal bloods would avoid partisan politics
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Chanchit: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2012
Any party that presents that arrogant bascard as their candidate is destined to fail.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Dhelake: 9:42am On Sep 19, 2012
the man had said it before ... HIS ONLY AMBITION IS BEING THE EMIR OF KANO
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Jarus(m): 9:44am On Sep 19, 2012
ekt_bear: “When u come from my family and accept a title you cannot openly be in partisan politics. It is an unwritten law. Mistakes were made in the First Republic but since then avoided.

Elaboration on bolded?

His grandfather, the then Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, had a running issue with the then Sardauna-led Northern region, culminating in being deposed from his title as emir. That was in the first republic, in the sixties.

I think the emir (Sanusi's grandpa) was supporting an opposition party, perhaps openly, leading to clashes with Sarduana's government. That's what he meant by the 'mistake of teh first republic' i.e royal family openly affiliating with a party.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by honeric01(m): 10:03am On Sep 19, 2012
Chanchit: Any party that presents that arrogant bascard as their candidate is destined to fail.

Princes all over the world are arrogant, does that make them bascard? you should check yourself.. he's known at least by more than 30million people.. how many people know you?

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by BeraBera(f): 10:10am On Sep 19, 2012
He can vie for the position of the governor of his home state for all I care, but Nigerian presido? Nah! Nah!! Nah!!!
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by ektbear: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2012
Jarus:

His grandfather, the then Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi, had a running issue with the then Sardauna-led Northern region, culminating in being deposed from his title as emir. That was in the first republic, in the sixties.

I think the emir (Sanusi's grandpa) was supporting an opposition party, perhaps openly, leading to clashes with Sarduana's government. That's what he meant by the 'mistake of teh first republic' i.e royal family openly affiliating with a party.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Demdem(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2012
Like i stated yesterday, that report from Tribune was prepared and compiled from Wadata plaza in Abuja. Who doesnt know that tribune is the killer party's mouthpiece?
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by chucky234(m): 10:23am On Sep 19, 2012
This Islamic scholar will never will a single ward in any guber election,there is no point having sleepless night over he is been link to CPC or PDP.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by stepo707: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2012
kaorama: Good for him cos he will print N100m note

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by jamil2(m): 10:44am On Sep 19, 2012
I don't intend to add my words on this thread, but however as a northerner from kano I hereby to inform the religious bigot and those that always seeing hatred as a good thing to display on their daily posts here that, Sunusi in the up-north has no supporters as you don’t know and that Chieftaincy is even more important to him than becoming a president.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by nagoma(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2012
Jarus:

Yes , the reference to politics in the first republic by SLS was to his grandfather the emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi but Emir Sanusi never supported an opposition party. Sanusi who was a friend and a beneficiary of the Sardauna was a Minister without portfolio in Northern Nigeria as from 1954 in the NPC cabinet. He (Muhammadu Sanusi) was the acting governor of Northern Nigeria in 1961 when Sir Gawain Bell left and before the appointment of Kashim Ibrahim. Emir Sanusi fell out with the Sardauna in areas political and religious (Tijjaniyya versus Usmaniyya) influence in the North and the conflict came to a head with the Northern Provincial Administration bill of 1962 . Emir Sanusi was deposed (actually retired ) and left the throne in 1963 before the recommendations of the Muffet committee report on Kano L.G. financial administration were implemented.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by exbash: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2012
Youngzedd: Who cares.

NFCS does!!! grin......
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Jarus(m): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2012
nagoma:

Yes , the reference to politics in the first republic by SLS was to his grandfather the emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi but Emir Sanusi never supported an opposition party. Sanusi who was a friend and a beneficiary of the Sardauna was a Minister without portfolio in Northern Nigeria as from 1954 in the NPC cabinet. He (Muhammadu Sanusi) was the acting governor of Northern Nigeria in 1961 when Sir Gawain Bell left and before the appointment of Kashim Ibrahim. Emir Sanusi fell out with the Sardauna in areas political and religious (Tijjaniyya versus Usmaniyya) influence in the North and the conflict came to a head with the Northern Provincial Administration bill of 1962 . Emir Sanusi was deposed (actually retired ) and left the throne in 1963 before the recommendations of the Muffet committee report on Kano L.G. financial administration were implemented.
Thanks for clarifying further. I knew the emir had issue with Sardauna, but didn't know exactly what caused the feud.
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by muyenmuyen: 11:47am On Sep 19, 2012
Bastard, pomposity,nonsense who will vote 4 him.if check this very well he be among the sponsor of BokoHaram
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by samkoro: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
No credible candidate would come from the hausa/fulani for a long time to come.Their darling boko haram has messed them up totaly.For now let the presidency go round the country except hausa fulani
Re: Sanusi Denies Presidential Ambition by Mickey19: 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2012
Youngzedd: Who cares.

NFCS does. LMAO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Releases N859 Million For Retirees Pension / Ndigbo Please Listen To My Advice / Nnamdi Kanu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.