Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,723 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) (2717 Views)

Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / Enjoy Nairaland On Your Phone & PC At The Same Time / Have You Tried Nairaland On Your Mobile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Seun(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2005
You need the wap 2.0 version to be able to sign in. To force your phone to use the WAP 2.0 version, visit wap2.nairaland.com. The wap 1.2 version can be accessed through wap.nairaland.com, but it doesn't support signing in.

Once you've opened the WAP 2.0 version of the site, you can scroll to the bottom of the home page to sign in using your normal username and password.

Remember, if you can't follow our official instructions, don't expect our official support when it doesn't work properly!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by uchetobi(f): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2005
oh but i use the wap 2 version.THATS WHAT IVE BEEN USING
i type in wap2.nairaland.com. it shows the login button. i type my user name and password and it takes me back to the previous page. nothing like welcome Uche or recent posts etc and after reading the posts other people are making there is no means of replying... do you get?
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Fdeveloper(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2005
Seun,

First I just want to say what a great job you've done on the wap version of Nairaland. I access the site via an iPAQ PDA and it works very well and page completion times are very good.

The only minor point I would make is that the system detects my device as a desktop machine and therefore prompts me on every page to visit the full HTML version which I don't particularly want to do. Other than that, everything else works flawlessly.

Great job!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mamba(m): 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2005
you'll get that message to visit the html site if you use a web capable browser like on ur ipaq.
i also get that prompt on my Sonyericsson k750i & p910i.. Not a big issue..
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by PaypalGod(m): 5:18am On Oct 18, 2005
First, Never knew something this good existed in Nigeria. Gr8 work guys wink I wonder what went wrong with my mobile. I could only sign in just once to Nairaland from my mobile. It might be a network fault with the Vmobile GPRS even with wap2 bla bla bla. I will keep on trying though. Nice Job to the admins... You guys will feel more of me very soon.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Seun(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2005
uchetobi, I guess the problem you're having is that you're not typing in your username and password correctly. Just keep on trying until you get it right!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Fdeveloper(m): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2005
Mamba,

Thanks for your comment and you're absolutely right that it's not a big deal. The only reason I mentioned it is because I know that the device type can be detected from the user agent string sent to the server so the server is better able to decide when to display the message. This is how it is handled by other web sites and I just thought that there may be a desire to implement this small enhancement when the opportunity is available..
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mikebuddy(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2005
Well i use to come online on PC to answer post on this our forum,i read all the posts i want from my mobile GPRS browser.but i was thinking SEUN why can we make replies from our WAP that will be so nice grin so what do u guys think?
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2005
Of course you can make reply from your wap. I made this thread from wap.

Check ur settings and whatnot. That could be the problem.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mikebuddy(m): 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2005
For me i can access it but i cannot make replies,i think thats from my phone model or what do u think i use one useless MY X2(Sagem).But am still looking at Nokia 7210 next year.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2005
cheesy cheesy u called ur phone useless? Anyways i am guessing it's ur phone.. or maybe ur settings. Or summin!
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mamba(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2005
try wap2.nairaland.com
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mikebuddy(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2005
Thanks shaa but for the wap2.nairaland.com but i does not work for me.Infact i think thats my fault.For buying this shit phone below.Help me beg God to get my Nokia Next year January.

Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by dafman(m): 2:29pm On Jan 09, 2006
I've been able to browse nairaland on my mobile too, but i can't sign in nor see any images
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by mikebuddy(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2006
lol.me i got new phone Ngage
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by bomsilaga(m): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2006
i have always admired ur style in this forum and i decided that i put my name in the list of people u've helped if it will not be any trouble. first i am finding it difficult to have mtn and glo gprs services on my sonyericsson k300i i have tried everything i could all to no avail. i bought a sonyericsson k750i hoping that the situation will change but instead it got worse because now i cant even browse with vmobile that worked for my k300. i am hoping and trusting u that u will reply me when u are less busy with tips i could really use. i dont mind u sending those sites u promised to send to anyone who cares on site to get full phone downloads with no obligations. please i need the sites urgently sorry for my tone. i dont know and would like to know if sendo x can actually browse the net and if yes which of the networks. anticipating ur usuall assistance and humour thanks my email is bomsilaga@yahoo.com,ginggle@excite.com
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by dominobaby(f): 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2006
People, this post and 98% of every other of my posts since march has been from my phone! Its so nice that i dnt av to b on a pc b4 i access nland.
@bomsilanga, have u requested for the service 4m vmobile? I am using it too. Try again and again, u'll get it, aight?

@h-angel, i second dat ur request of having a 'new post replying urs'. It makes it easier.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Uzzyan: 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2006
i dont have time read ll ur posts all i know is that it is wonderful superb tremendous superlative. how can words express this.

i neva knew there was athread like this jeezzzzzzzzzzz. oh men it is too much.

unbelieveable for the 99.9 percent times i have come on line to this site i have been on phone. v mobile internet ervice is da bomb

it goes faster than the computer believe me

i cant imagine the superlative response been given to me

just that as hotty said there is no place where i can check does online and som other things

seun even if u pissed me off some how i give u 2 thumbs up shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by dominobaby(f): 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2006
@uzzy, gurl! U r enjoyn what i am enjoying too, abi? Way to go girl, vmobile rocks.
What phone do u use uzzy?
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by Bright2(m): 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2006
4 me iv'e been using my fone in posting since day 1, till date.No shaking life goes on.
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by woleprof(m): 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2006
I ve using my samsung x100 for posting even b4 now
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by hotangel2(f): 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2006
Seriously, i think some 'improvement' should be done to the WAP. Abi oga admin, what do you think now?
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by kayjasi(m): 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2007
just like bright2, i ve been using my Nokia6230i since my first time on dis site but i feel der is still need 4 improvement
Re: Nairaland on Mobile Phone (WAP 2.0) by kayjasi(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2007
4 instance Seun, i feel left out wen during a discussion SM1 makes references about a posted pics. Which i definitely cant see 4rm my phone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tell Us your Addictions! / Akon Invites Banned Kannywood Actress, Rahama Sadau To Hollywood / Question; How Do Flat Ass Ladies Seduce Their Partners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.