Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,817 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily (4962 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
Islam believes in a physical
paradise and afterlife for humans-sex,food,etc

Sex with virgins tongue (surah 55:54-56)

Sex appeal haha, all those whoremongers go like islam well well Oº°˚˚°ºh
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
LagosShia: Hello my old friend,Frosbel.hope you're doing fine.

I've tried to seek your attention in the other thread but I'm not sure if you saw my post (in the Islam forum).

Firstly I never knew you are NOT a trinitarian and you regard the trinity as unbiblical and pagan.or is it a recent change?

Also if I may contribute into the topic of this thread as a neutral person,I have some points to make on the topic.

Me a muslim grin grin

No my friend, I am a follower of Jesus Christ till the day I DIE.

He ransomed me with his blood and has forgiven me my past sins and set before me a hope that is incorruptible and reserved in heaven for me.

But I will address your points later on.

The important thing is that we both believe there is ONE GOD not 3 , this is a very important basis for our discussion.

And please do feel free to contribute to this thread, we are all here to learn.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
@lagoshia, sorry for putting mouth in what does not concern M̶̲̥̅Ƹ, pls i want 2 ask a question!

What of the females? Any male virgins prepared for them in al-jannah? And those men having seven virgins, what will happen to their wives on earth? Abi they go become 8?(7 virgin, 1 disvirgined)
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe: Islam believes in a physical

My deeperlife friend, kindly take your exit from this thread if you cannot allow a free and fair debate without adding insults.

thanks.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by LagosShia: 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe: Islam believes in a physical

Please let us respect ourselves.I came here with respect and maturity wanting to hear from my old friend.don't derail the topic please.if you want to descend to mockery,I can very well give it to you.sex,food,companionship,etc are components of a physical paradise regardless of what you think.I am sure it isn't only who.res that engage in sex.so please respect yourself and let us hear from frosbel.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by LagosShia: 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe: @lagoshia, sorry for putting mouth in what does not concern M̶̲̥̅Ƹ, pls i want 2 ask a question!

What of the females? Any male virgins prepared for them in al-jannah? And those men having seven virgins, what will happen to their wives on earth? Abi they go become 8?(7 virgin, 1 disvirgined)

There is no harm if you decide to choose for your mom,sisters and wives 8 male virgins each in aljannah.you can also ask them if they desire it "big" or just "average".they can have 8 male virgins each but they have to do it according to Islamic law-one at a time for the females and ofcourse it must be marriage and divorce one after the other also observing Iddah perhaps.I hope they wouldn't ask to have all the 8 at once? I think then I'd figure out where you got your idea of who.redom.

thanks and I hope I have answered your question perfectly well.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
frosbel:

The important thing is that we both believe there is ONE GOD not 3 , this is a very important basis for our discussion.

Even trinitarians believe there is one God (isaiah 44:6, 43:11)

Even pagans believe in one god, so believing in one God is no big deal when trying to condemn the trinity.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
frosbel:

My deeperlife friend, kindly take your exit from this thread if you cannot allow a free and fair debate without adding insults.

thanks.

Just show M̶̲̥̅Ƹ one insult in this post.

I only said the truth, dont forget its bitter
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe:

Even trinitarians believe there is one God (isaiah 44:6, 43:11)

Even pagans believe in one God, so believing in one God is no big deal when trying to condemn the trinity.

You put yourself into a dilemma when you say you believe in ONE GOD who is actually a 3-god GOD.

Does not make sense , stop confusing yourself.

This site might be of benefit to you - Christian Monotheism

Read the bible.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Bella3(f): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe: @lagoshia, sorry for putting mouth in what does not concern M̶̲̥̅Ƹ, pls i want 2 ask a question!

you dey find trouble o. Dnt u knw infidel children of 8 and 9 yrs of age are virgins?
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
frosbel:

You put yourself into a dilemma when you say you believe in ONE GOD who is actually a 3-god GOD.

Does not make sense , stop confusing yourself.

This site might be of benefit to you - Christian Monotheism

Read the bible.

If its the difficulty you have in understanding the trinity that is ur challenge and making you deny the Godhead, just remember, God is wiser than you are.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by LagosShia: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
LagosShia: Hello my old friend,Frosbel.hope you're doing fine.

I've tried to seek your attention in the other thread but I'm not sure if you saw my post (in the Islam forum).

Firstly I never knew you are NOT a trinitarian and you regard the trinity as unbiblical and pagan.or is it a recent change?

Also if I may contribute into the topic of this thread as a neutral person,I have some points to make on the topic.

This topic is also of interest for muslims because we can prove many things.you guys (christians) are arguing among yourselves because you're using the bible.based on the bible there is an obvious contradiction.

In one bible verse you'd read that resurrected bodies are "spiritualized".when you come back from the dead you're a spirit!

In another verse we read the disciples were terrified upon seeing Jesus (as) after they "thought" he was killed.why were they terrified upon seeing him? Because they thought he was a spirit.

In another verse we read that Jesus (as) told his disciples to touch him and feel him and that it is him (I.e. Not a ghost they're seeing).

In another verse we read Jesus (as) resurrected Lazarus.ofcourse Lazarus didn't become a spirit roaming.at least the bible didn't say that.

So from these accounts we can ask the following unanswerable questions on the bible which give contradictory answers:

1. If Jesus (as) truly died and was crucified (which Islam rejects) then how come he wasn't a spirit and his disciples touched him? does it mean he didn't die?

2.) If he really "died" and returned from the dead then how come he wasn't "spiritualized"? Remember the bible says resurrected bodies are "spiritualized".does it mean the bible is wrong and those returning from the dead are not "spirits" but physical?

Then there is also the question of physical or spiritual paradise.christians believe in "spiritual" paradise where people who return after death are "spiritualized"-they don't need women,food,etc.

If if people would be spiritualized,the instances of Jesus (as) and Lazarus don't support that.Islam believes in a physical paradise and afterlife for humans-sex,food,etc.

If honestly frosbel recently changed his view on the trinity,then there is hope for him becoming muslim sometime very soon.there are many changes he will surely make upon reading more and growing spiritually.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Bélla3: you dey find trouble o. Dnt u knw infidel children of 8 and 9 yrs of age are virgins?

Lol, na true oo
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe:

If its the difficulty you have in understanding the trinity that is ur challenge and making you deny the Godhead, just remember, God is wiser than you are.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him" - James 1:5
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Bella3(f): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe:

Lol, na true oo
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
Colossians 2:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Romans 1:20
King James Version (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being
understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe: Colossians 2:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Romans 1:20
King James Version (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being
understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:

The word “Deity” or “Godhead” is a translation of the Greek word theotes. it is translated as “divinity, divine nature.

The Greek word occurs only once in the Bible, so to try to build a case for it meaning “God” or “Godhead” (which is an unclear term in itself) is very suspect indeed.

Christ was filled with holy spirit “without measure,” and God gave him authority on earth to heal, cast out demons, forgive sins, etc. Thus, it makes perfect sense that Scripture would say that Christ had the fullness of the “divine nature” dwelling in him. In fact, the same thing is said about every Christian (2 Pet. 1:4).

Stop picking out random verses here and there, I want uniform evidence from the old testament to the new in support of your polytheist theory.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by haibe(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
1 John 5:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and
these three are one.

Matthew 28:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the
Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I often wonder why not names!
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2012
haibe: 1 John 5:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and
these three are one.

Matthew 28:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the
Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

I often wonder why not names!

New International Version (©1984)
the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

New Living Translation (©2007)
the Spirit, the water, and the blood--and all three agree.

English Standard Version (©2001)
the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

International Standard Version (©2008)
the Spirit, the water, and the blood-and these three are one.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
And there are three testifying: The Spirit and the water and the blood, and the three of them are in one.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
the Spirit, the water, and the blood. These three witnesses agree.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

American King James Version
And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

American Standard Version
For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And there are three that give testimony on earth: the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three are one.

Darby Bible Translation
the Spirit, and the water, and the blood; and the three agree in one.

English Revised Version
For there are three who bear witness, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three agree in one.

Webster's Bible Translation
And there are three that bear testimony on earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Weymouth New Testament
and there is complete agreement between these three.

World English Bible
the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and the three agree as one.

Young's Literal Translation
and three are who are testifying in the earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by ijawkid(m): 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2012
[quote author=LagosShia][/quote]

1 peter 3:18 says Jesus was made alive in d spirit.....he was put to death in d body(flesh),and was raised up in the spirit...

The truth is d rationale behind Jesus appearing with a body which his disciples culd see and touch is that Jesus could materialize and de-materialize........

Angels who are spirit creatures can and have done that in the past......its not a new thing

Jesus was able to move to places with d speed of light.....Jesus could pass thru locked rooms....

Only a spirit person can do that.....

And how on earth was Jesus able to go back to reside in d heavens if he wasn't a spirit.....

Flesh can't inherit the kingdom of the heavens.....the scriptures says that.....

The fact is @ one time or the other Jesus had to be a spirit to go back to the abode he came from..........

1 corinthians 15:35-50

35 But someone will say, “How are the dead
raised up? And with what body do they come?”
36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive
unless it dies. 37 And what you sow, you do not
sow that body that shall be, but mere grain—
perhaps wheat or some other grain. 38 But
God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each
seed its own body.
39 All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is
one kind of flesh[c] of men, another flesh of
animals, another of fish, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies and
terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the
celestial is one, and the glory of the
terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of
the sun, another glory of the moon, and
another glory of the stars; for one star
differs from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead.
The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in
incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is
raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is
raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body,
it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural
body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so
it is written, “The first man Adam became a
living being.”[d] The last Adam became a life-
giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the
natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The
first man was of the earth, made of dust; the
second Man is the Lord[e] from heaven. 48 As
was the man of dust, so also are those who are
made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so
also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we
have borne the image of the man of dust, we
shall also bear[f] the image of the heavenly
Man.
Our Final Victory
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and
blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor
does corruption inherit incorruption. ...

Jesus was raised up a ""spirit"" different from the 1st adam..........

There 2 kinds of body::::

####Spiritual body

##### earthly body....

It is either one or the other......

If Jesus was raised up in d flesh then he is still earthly up there in d heavens.....

Jesus was raised up in the ""spirit""
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by LagosShia: 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
ijawkid:

1 peter 3:18 says Jesus was made alive in d spirit.....he was put to death in d body(flesh),and was raised up in the spirit...

The truth is d rationale behind Jesus appearing with a body which his disciples culd see and touch is that Jesus could materialize and de-materialize........

Angels who are spirit creatures can and have done that in the past......its not a new thing

Jesus was able to move to places with d speed of light.....Jesus could pass thru locked rooms....

And how on earth was Jesus able to go back to reside in d heavens if he wasn't a spirit.....

Flesh can't inherit the kingdom of the heavens.....the scriptures says that.....

The fact is @ one time or the other Jesus had to be a spirit to go back to the abode he came from..........

seed its own body.
giving spirit.
Man.
Our Final Victory

####Spiritual body

##### earthly body....

If Jesus was raised up in d flesh then he is still earthly up there in d heavens.....

I have read your explanation and the main point I understand you're basing your explanation on is that Jesus (as) can materialize and de-materialize and that is why the disciples were able to touch him after "resurrection".you also maintained that flesh cannot inherit the kingdom of God and therefore resurrected bodies are spiritualized.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.I have a few more questions for you.

1.) Do spirits need to eat and drink?

2.) Will resurrected people eat and drink in paradise?

3.) Can you back your claim up that Jesus (as) could materialize and dematerialize with any verse in the bible? 1 Peter 3:18 doesn't say he could materialize and dematerialize;as in appear and disappear like a magic trick.the verse only says that Jesus (as) was created through the spirit of God and then died as a human in body and then the verse actually support he was "raised up" in spirit-apparently without justifying or explaining why his disciples were able to touch an alleged "spirit".as a muslim I do believe that Jesus (as) was created or "made alive" by the spirit of God.we even call Jesus (as) "ruhullah" which means "spirit of God".also we believe he was a man whose body can die.but we don't believe the last part which says he was "raised up" in spirit (aside from the fact that we muslims don't believe he died in the first place).we believe in bodily resurrection.

The point I am making is the verse doesn't support that Jesus (as) materialize and dematerialize.the parting of the soul from the body doesn't mean you can appear and disappear like angels,which are spiritual beings different from us.

So please back up your claim about materializing and dematerializing.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
1 John 4:2,3 (KJV)
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Yeshua Messiah is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Yeshua Messiah is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I have actually seen Trinitarians implicitly twist these verses into reading as follows:

"...every spirit that confesseth that God is come in the flesh as Yeshua Messiah is of God; and every spirit that confesseth not that God is come in the flesh as Yeshua Messiah is not of God..."

THAT IS NOT WHAT IT SAYS, despite the wishes of those who believe and teach that Messiah is God. In fact, it doesn't even hint at such an idea; yet many Christian leaders attempt to teach that it does!

The wine of the Trinity intoxication is so strong, that many seem to sincerely see this verse as saying what I just quoted! A general error that finds it's way into verses such as these as well as the minds of most Trinitarian Christians and Christianized Messianics is the idea that "Son of God" means "God the Son". NOWHERE in Scripture is "God the Son" found! "God the Son" is the invention of the Beast using later church Creeds.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by ijawkid(m): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
LagosShia:

I have read your explanation and the main point I understand you're basing your explanation on is that Jesus (as) can materialize and de-materialize and that is why the disciples were able to touch him after "resurrection".you also maintained that flesh cannot inherit the kingdom of God and therefore resurrected bodies are spiritualized.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.I have a few more questions for you.

1.) Do spirits need to eat and drink?

2.) Will resurrected people eat and drink in paradise?

3.) Can you back your claim up that Jesus (as) could materialize and dematerialize with any verse in the bible? 1 Peter 3:18 doesn't say he could materialize and dematerialize;as in appear and disappear like a magic trick.the verse only says that Jesus (as) was created through the spirit of God and then died as a human in body and then the verse actually support he was "raised up" in spirit-apparently without justifying or explaining why his disciples were able to touch an alleged "spirit".as a muslim I do believe that Jesus (as) was created or "made alive" by the spirit of God.we even call Jesus (as) "ruhullah" which means "spirit of God".also we believe he was a man whose body can die.but we don't believe the last part which says he was "raised up" in spirit (aside from the fact that we muslims don't believe he died in the first place).we believe in bodily resurrection.

The point I am making is the verse doesn't support that Jesus (as) materialize and dematerialize.the parting of the soul from the body doesn't mean you can appear and disappear like angels,which are spiritual beings different from us.

So please back up your claim about materializing and dematerializing.

Ressurected persons who will live in heaven do not need to eat,just as angels don't too....

But when necessary they can materialize and do that.....I already gave examples....angels ate bread with abraham.....if need be they materialize to do that....that's d point......

1 peter 3:18:::::::is clear on this issue.....

It isn't talking about Jesus been created....its talking about his been ressurected....

We are on the ressurection issue my bro.....

Ok try explaining this point....

""Jesus was put to death in the flesh(body),but raised up in the spirit'""

That verse is so crystal clear....

Jesus died fleshly,but was raised up unfleshly(in the spirit).......

Flesh can't stay in heaven,only spirits can......

Jesus culd materialize and de-materialize for him to pass thru a locked room....

Frosbel has anytin like that happened amongsts mortals before??
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by ijawkid(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2012
@frosbel....

One thing I would want u to really know is that Jesus after his ressurection was no longer a human....he became an immortal....angels in d heavens are immortals....

And also noting that there are but only 2 kinds of beings...

Physical(fleshly beings) or spiritual beings....

It is either one or the other.....

Jesus stopped being a human after his ressurection.....

Have u actually sat down to really go thru d book of 1 corinthians 15:35-50??

That bible book explains this whole thing.....
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by aletheia(m): 4:08pm On Sep 21, 2012
3. I AM

(Joh 8:58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

"Verily, verily". . .prefaced by a double Amen - the strongest oath - our Lord claims the name of the Divine Being. The Jews recognize His meaning and are angry enough to want to stone Him. An unbiased exegesis of this verses must recognize in it a declaration of the pre-existence of Christ. From the old Testament, we know that "I am" refers to the name of God Himself, Yahweh.
(Exo 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
The Jews were quite familiar with the idea that Yahweh is the eternally existent One. What was new to them was the identification of this designation with Jesus. From the reactions of the surrounding Jews we have proof that they understood His reference as a claim to absolute deity.

In one single statement the supreme truth about the supreme Man is made known - His pre-existence, His absolute existence.

That the expression "I am" (ego eimi) is intended to declare the full deity of Christ is clear from the fact that Jesus did not attempt an explanation. He did not try to convince the Jews that they had misunderstood Him, but rather He repeated the statement on various occasions.

Compare these two verses:
(Deu 32:39) See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

(Joh 8:23-24) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

In the original Greek John 8:23-24 does not have the words I am he but rather it is I am that appears there. The translators added he. . .so the verses should properly read:
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins.

What I have written here is easily verifiable by checking an interlinear Greek NT.

A clear demonstration of divine name of Jesus is seen in:
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. (Joh 18:6)
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by ijawkid(m): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2012
aletheia: 3. I AM

(Joh 8:58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

"Verily, verily". . .prefaced by a double Amen - the strongest oath - our Lord claims the name of the Divine Being. The Jews recognize His meaning and are angry enough to want to stone Him. An unbiased exegesis of this verses must recognize in it a declaration of the pre-existence of Christ. From the old Testament, we know that "I am" refers to the name of God Himself, Yahweh.
(Exo 3:14) And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
The Jews were quite familiar with the idea that Yahweh is the eternally existent One. What was new to them was the identification of this designation with Jesus. From the reactions of the surrounding Jews we have proof that they understood His reference as a claim to absolute deity.

In one single statement the supreme truth about the supreme Man is made known - His pre-existence, His absolute existence.

That the expression "I am" (ego eimi) is intended to declare the full deity of Christ is clear from the fact that Jesus did not attempt an explanation. He did not try to convince the Jews that they had misunderstood Him, but rather He repeated the statement on various occasions.

Compare these two verses:
(Deu 32:39) See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

(Joh 8:23-24) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

In the original Greek John 8:23-24 does not have the words I am he but rather it is I am that appears there. The translators added he. . .so the verses should properly read:
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins.

What I have written here is easily verifiable by checking an interlinear Greek NT.

A clear demonstration of divine name of Jesus is seen in:
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. (Joh 18:6)

Trinitarians won't kill me with laughter...

Ok what about Jesus's words when he said::::

Remember what I told you: ""I am"" going away,
but I will come back to you again. If you really
loved me, you would be happy that"" I am"" going
to the Father, who is greater than I"" am"".

Jesus used the words ""I am"" like about 3 times.....

The word ""I am"" denotes ones existence....

It shows ones exclusive person or existence....

Jesus=Jesus

Yahweh=Yahweh..

Aletheia=aletheia

Frosbel=frosbel.....

Jesus said ::the. Father is greater than ""I am""....

It shows Jesus and d Father are 2 seperate individuals and that one is greater than the other or 1 is lesser than the other.....

From ur conclusion of the word ""I am"" we can say that one ""I am"" is greater than another ""I am"".....

Isn't it??
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Trinitarians won't kill me with laughter...

Ok what about Jesus's words when he said::::

Remember what I told you: ""I am"" going away,
but I will come back to you again. If you really
loved me, you would be happy that"" I am"" going
to the Father, who is greater than I"" am"".

Jesus used the words ""I am"" like about 3 times.....

Jesus=Jesus

Yahweh=Yahweh..

Aletheia=aletheia

Frosbel=frosbel.....

Jesus said ::the. Father is greater than ""I am""....

It shows Jesus and d Father are 2 seperate individuals and that one is greater than the other or 1 is lesser than the other.....

From ur conclusion of the word ""I am"" we can say that one ""I am"" is greater than another ""I am"".....

Isn't it??

it's an anti-christ spirit that is behind this trinity stuff , special prayers have to be said.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by aletheia(m): 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
ijawkid:

aletheia:
(Joh 8:58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, [size=16pt]I am[/size].

[size=16pt]In one single statement the supreme truth about the supreme Man is made known - His pre-existence, His absolute existence.[/size]

What are you? I doubt if you understand even the meaning of your own words. . .it seems to me you are only regurgitating that which you learned by rote.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is God in the flesh.
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
aletheia: In fact, you are double minded and uncertain. . .this is what you wrote on April 23rd.

See how it stands in stark relief to your pasted "analysis".

frosbel needs serious prayer of deliverance.shocked
Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by truthislight: 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2012
ijawkid:

seed its own body.
giving spirit.
Man.
Our Final Victory

####Spiritual body

##### earthly body....

Re: Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
aletheia:

What are you? I doubt if you understand even the meaning of your own words. . .it seems to me you are only regurgitating that which you learned by rote.

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is God in the flesh.

Wrong.

You are confused.

Jesus Christ was the anointed of GOD , not God in the flesh.

God cannot annoint himself because he is all powerful

God cannot send himself.

Stop perambulating from one contradiction to another.

Let us look at a prophectic verse in Isaiah.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,"

1. The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, this is the word of God concerning the ministry of Jesus.

He called the Spirit of GOD which is GOD , Lord.

2. He was anointed , empowered to preach the good news.

This is so plain , I sometimes sit and wonder, what is wrong with these trinitarians, they keep looking for things in the wrong places.

God cannot empower himself , as easily understood as ABC.

3. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted

He was sent by God to bind up the broken hearted.

Let us examine these 3 key words :

He was sent
He was anointed
He was imbued with the Holy Spirit.

What is so difficult to understand here Monsieur aletheia , why are you so so confused with such simple and explicit grammar.

Just in case you want to find an escape route, Jesus repeated this same verse in Luke

Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,

The logic used to support the concept of Trinity is just 'gibberish' , sorry to sound harsh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are There More Female Than Male Christians? / Muslims Need To Start Asking Some Hard Questions About Islam And Mohammed. / Unbelievable, Bible God Accepts Human Sacrifices!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.