Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

To All The Atheists - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All The Atheists (15857 Views)

The Atheists Test / The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / What Percentage Of The World's Population Does The Atheists Constitute? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To All The Atheists by MacDaddy01: 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
davidylan:

which is it? the bible is real and its words taken seriously or merely to be used as a hypocritical stick to beat christians with? Make up your mind you despicable weasel.
IF the bible is a book of fairy tales then why are you worried about my "fruits"?

lol as for not being a "knowledgeable scientist"... grin abeg let me rush off to take a shower, my job has to be attended to. I would hate to work jobs that let these empty heads so much time to rant at a "god" they claim is nothing but a sky pixie.

Davidylan exposes himself as a quack biologist again. If he were truly a biologist, he would have fellow biologists at work who where "god-haters".

Biologists in America are usually atheists or non-believers.
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 26, 2012
davidylan:

Stup[i]i[/i]d really. Its like saying schools are to blame for providing students grass to play soccer on rather than studying for exams and hence to blame for their failing to pass no?

*Shakes head in sorrow*
Well, if the students weren't students, they wouldn't be failing exams, would they?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
muskeeto2:
Well, if the students weren't students, they wouldn't be failing exams, would they?

Again the analogy escapes you vapid mules.

Are you blaming the students failing their exams on their being students in the first place? cheesy what a joke.

Should we blame a school for having grass which makes the students want to go out and play soccer rather than study for exams?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Davidylan exposes himself as a quack biologist again. If he were truly a biologist, he would have fellow biologists at work who where "god-haters".

Biologists in America are usually atheists or non-believers.

and you took this poll were? Most of the biologists i went to school with were largely catholic and took their religion much more seriously than i did. Again vapid mules shold not be making claims they dont understand.
Re: To All The Atheists by cyrexx: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
davidylan:

which is it? the bible is real and its words taken seriously or merely to be used as a hypocritical stick to beat christians with? Make up your mind you despicable weasel.
IF the bible is a book of fairy tales then why are you worried about my "fruits"?

lol as for not being a "knowledgeable scientist"... grin abeg let me rush off to take a shower, my job has to be attended to. I would hate to work jobs that let these empty heads so much time to rant at a "god" they claim is nothing but a sky pixie.

run along, despicable scumbag. You have trolled enough for the day.

Your bible and your religion are the only things that exist, mr foul-mouthed retardeen, there is no proof that your imaginary god exists anywhere in any universe. So an atheist like me can quote the bible to show how you woefully fail to follow your religion and once again expose you as a fake christian and fake biologist.

Nonsense
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2012
davidylan:

Again the analogy escapes you vapid mules.

Are you blaming the students failing their exams on their being students in the first place? cheesy what a joke.

Should we blame a school for having grass which makes the students want to go out and play soccer rather than study for exams?
Na, I just show you how horrible your analogies are...
Re: To All The Atheists by MacDaddy01: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
davidylan:

and you took this poll were? Most of the biologists [b]i went to school with [/b]were largely catholic and took their religion much more seriously than i did. Again vapid mules shold not be making claims they dont understand.

Were they biologists when they were still studying to become biologists?

You are falling apart.

http://religions-of-the-world.tressugar.com/Why-so-Many-Scientists-Atheists-6259603
Re: To All The Atheists by cyrexx: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
muskeeto2:
Na, I just show you how horrible your analogies are...

do you expect better from a dickhead like him?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Ignorance. Biologists overwhelmingly support evolution.

When you call people fools and airheads, is that not an insult or do you really think that atheists are fools?

I think that it is no insult to call a person who acts like it a fool.

Where is the citation that proves that biologists overwhelmingly support evolution? Where also is the argument for the idea backed by the majority being the right one?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
muskeeto2: Nna.. that spambot don finally catch me... mscheew..

Was man created to sin? No.
Is sin a deviation from the original purpose of man's creation? Yes.
What did man need to sin? Freewill and a tree in the middle of the garden.
But freewill doesn't necessarily lead to sin? Of course. But it is necessary if one wants to sin.

Who provided man the tools necessary for sin to occur?
Your guess is as good as mine...

You and Anony below..

E be like say na dis ya post wey I quote make d spambot ban me join.

Anyway my answer to this while I wait to see if the post will be released was can you qualify an action that is performed without freedom of will? That is, is good not good because one exercises a free will in choosing to do it? Would it not be impossible for anything to be good if it is impossible for it to be bad as well?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

E be like say na dis ya post wey I quote make d spambot ban me join.

Anyway my answer to this while I wait to see if the post will be released was can you qualify an action that is performed without freedom of will? That is, is good not good because one exercises a free will in choosing to do it? Would it not be impossible for anything to be good if it is impossible for it to be bad as well?
God's actions..
Re: To All The Atheists by MacDaddy01: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I think that it is no insult to call a person who acts like it a fool.

Where is the citation that proves that biologists overwhelmingly support evolution? Where also is the argument for the idea backed by the majority being the right one?

lol......i give up.

1) Athiests are fools

2) Biologists support creationism overhwelmingly.

If you are still asking for proof that biologists are overwhelmingly in support of evolution, one must ask if you have ever sat down to open a biology textbook.
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2012
Finally, I think that not a one of you guys cares to know the Truth. I am more convinced everytime I hear you speak that you are only looking for more and more excuse to reject God. And I think that is a very vacuous thing to do. Why bother?

Why do you bother arguing against God when you do not care what the case for Him is? You just keep running around looking for signs of Christianity to jump on and spew foolishness all over.

If you do not want Christ, just ignore Him and leave your life, and take responsibility for whatever consequence may be involved. To eat something bad and blame the person that warned you not to eat it for your stomach ache is a wicked thing to do. Nobody made a law that because man had free will he should do evil. If man had no free will, he couldn't do good either. He does good because he is as free to choose it as he is to choose to do evil. If you like your evil and don't want to get out of it, why hate on God for allowing you freedom of will enough to do it in the first place? If your problem is the existence of hell, you're even more foolish. Is it heaven you want? You want to live in the same place with the Sky Daddy that hates the sin you love so much? What kind of heaven would that be?

Oh, you want to cease from existing immediately you die? Too bad. That is just not possible. The reality you see now is only the first part of an eternal plan. It exists to prepare man for the real deal of other timeless eras or ages. You opt out of God's redemption by Christ Jesus and you pursue the rest of eternity without God. Simples. Sorry, you were made to last. It was built into your first parents' genes. One way or another, timelessness is your portion. You could spend the whole of it in true, unfettered atheism or you could spend it in God. That's just the way it is.

I'm not fighting over your salvation. I'm not bothered what you choose. I have so much more that I have been entrusted with than just to sit around waiting for you guys to repent. If you do, I'll be the first to embrace you and help establish you in Christ, but if you don't the worse for you. If I meet any of you guys in argument again, I won't give you benefit of the doubt. Just a heads up so you don't get all "arrogant Ihedinobi" like Cyrexx is wont to do nowadays.

Cheerio, dudes.

cool
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2012
A holy way of saying I give up and I throw in the towel...

You weren't expecting that answer, were you? lol...
Re: To All The Atheists by cyrexx: 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2012
Mr Ihedinobi,

sorry that your evangelism efforts are not yeilding any fruit. But the good news is that there are always fearful and ignorant fellows to believe this salvation stories and you will win more souls among them

For most of your audiences here, the days of threatening hell fire to generate followership for your religion is long gone. Save your brimstone and fire message. There are more gullible and fearful souls outside here who believe your sky daddy yahweh is a real entity and the creator. Your message will work better on them and your evangelism will yield more fruit with them

I have said this to you before. I do not hate God, theres nothing to hate because there is nothing in any universe at all like your bloodthirsty anthromorphic yahweh. He is just a fictional character like allah or zeus and i refer to him as such. I dont hate him but if he exists, i'll be glad if he would speak to humans for once and let these humans speaking for him be silent. I wont take all these threats of hell fire after death as a reason to believe he exists.

2 Likes

Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi: Finally, I think that not a one of you guys cares to know the Truth. I am more convinced everytime I hear you speak that you are only looking for more and more excuse to reject God. And I think that is a very vacuous thing to do. Why bother?

Why do you bother arguing against God when you do not care what the case for Him is? You just keep running around looking for signs of Christianity to jump on and spew foolishness all over.

If you do not want Christ, just ignore Him and leave your life, and take responsibility for whatever consequence may be involved. To eat something bad and blame the person that warned you not to eat it for your stomach ache is a wicked thing to do. Nobody made a law that because man had free will he should do evil. If man had no free will, he couldn't do good either. He does good because he is as free to choose it as he is to choose to do evil. If you like your evil and don't want to get out of it, why hate on God for allowing you freedom of will enough to do it in the first place? If your problem is the existence of hell, you're even more foolish. Is it heaven you want? You want to live in the same place with the Sky Daddy that hates the sin you love so much? What kind of heaven would that be?

Oh, you want to cease from existing immediately you die? Too bad. That is just not possible. The reality you see now is only the first part of an eternal plan. It exists to prepare man for the real deal of other timeless eras or ages. You opt out of God's redemption by Christ Jesus and you pursue the rest of eternity without God. Simples. Sorry, you were made to last. It was built into your first parents' genes. One way or another, timelessness is your portion. You could spend the whole of it in true, unfettered atheism or you could spend it in God. That's just the way it is.

I'm not fighting over your salvation. I'm not bothered what you choose. I have so much more that I have been entrusted with than just to sit around waiting for you guys to repent. If you do, I'll be the first to embrace you and help establish you in Christ, but if you don't the worse for you. If I meet any of you guys in argument again, I won't give you benefit of the doubt. Just a heads up so you don't get all "arrogant Ihedinobi" like Cyrexx is wont to do nowadays.

Cheerio, dudes.

cool

It's funny you know. I've come to a conclusion about you guys, esp Anony.
You like to paint up a God that's all knowing, all loving, all powerful... blah blah without quoting verses from the Bible.
You do this because you are smart, yes smart enough to know that the Bible God contradicts the God you claim to know and have a relationship with. When verses that allude to this are pointed to you, you simply claim 'it's God's will, you don't know any better, why question'...

It's a bit saddening that you didn't caution your partner in Christ davidylan on his use of words. Being vile does not necessarily equate to being potent, sometimes it just proves you are an arse...

You guys better go and sit down with the rest of the Christians on NL and come up with a God that y'all agree with. Tithes vs non-tithes and that Trinity crap aren't helping your case.

It isn't the atheists/agnostics you should be trying to convert... you should probably look inwards... wolves among sheep wink

Lol...

1 Like

Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2012
@ihe, even if you did have a point (and I don't think you do for the most part, most atheists react, not instigate), is this the thread to whine about it? Have you seen the op? You expect us to just bleat?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2012
musKeeto: A holy way of saying I give up and I throw in the towel...

You weren't expecting that answer, were you? lol...

hehehehe......... Sure I give up. But anyhow, I'm always gonna join in on intellectually stimulating discussions and I'm always gonna get on comic threads to laugh at ridiculous reasoning when I'm bored. But I'm not gonna cut you guys any more slack is all I'm saying, dude.

Matter of fact, I actually like some of you guys, something I find quite curious. You, for instance, provoke parental feelings of protection from me lol; Cyrexx provokes a father's disciplinary feelings in me; MacDaddy provokes me to a great deal of pity. So I like listening to or reading you guys. But I've decided to call things as they are and pull no punches from now on regardless how you guys react to it.

cool
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2012
cyrexx: Mr Ihedinobi,

sorry that your evangelism efforts are not yeilding any fruit. But the good news is that there are always fearful and ignorant fellows to believe this salvation stories and you will win more souls among them

For most of your audiences here, the days of threatening hell fire to generate followership for your religion is long gone. Save your brimstone and fire message. There are more gullible and fearful souls outside here who believe your sky daddy yahweh is a real entity and the creator. Your message will work better on them and your evangelism will yield more fruit with them

I have said this to you before. I do not hate God, theres nothing to hate because there is nothing in any universe at all like your bloodthirsty anthromorphic yahweh. He is just a fictional character like allah or zeus and i refer to him as such. I dont hate him but if he exists, i'll be glad if he would speak to humans for once and let these humans speaking for him be silent. I wont take all these threats of hell fire after death as a reason to believe he exists.

Cyrexx Cyrexx Cyrexx.... You still amuse me, you know. You're way more obsessed with hell than even those who preach it.

I don't care, Cyrexx. Save your typing energy. I have said only that I won't keep playing nice in discussions. As long as you understand that, we're all good, dude. If you ever get saved, awesome. I'm not sitting around waiting on that day. Got me way too much to do to spend my life like that. You know, there's a lot more to life than what Cyrexx chooses to believe or not believe. smiley
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
musKeeto:

It's funny you know. I've come to a conclusion about you guys, esp Anony.
You like to paint up a God that's all knowing, all loving, all powerful... blah blah without quoting verses from the Bible.
You do this because you are smart, yes smart enough to know that the Bible God contradicts the God you claim to know and have a relationship with. When verses that allude to this are pointed to you, you simply claim 'it's God's will, you don't know any better, why question'...

It's a bit saddening that you didn't caution your partner in Christ davidylan on his use of words. Being vile does not necessarily equate to being potent, sometimes it just proves you are an arse...

You guys better go and sit down with the rest of the Christians on NL and come up with a God that y'all agree with. Tithes vs non-tithes and that Trinity crap aren't helping your case.

It isn't the atheists/agnostics you should be trying to convert... you should probably look inwards... wolves among sheep wink

Lol...

Yeah yeah yeah... I hear you. grin grin

Anyway, we, myself and my twin, leave the Bible alone because the intelligence necessary to comprehend it is glaringly lacking among unbelievers. If we threw the Bible at you, we'd be talking gibberish. So, we simply face things on the level that we know that you should be able to handle.

If you wanna know what we do with the Bible, stick around, dude, you'll soon see, if you haven't already. I already told you elsewhere that by dint of there being an original, there can easily and in fact is bound to be a fake. So, that there are conflicting interpretations of the Bible fazes me none. I know which is Truth and which is not. You already know why, remember? cheesy

And I already told ya, no Christian is calling you to a philosophy. Jesus Christ is a living Person. You can know Him independent of what people say about Him. In fact, you will not meet any Christian who learned Him any way other than personally.
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
wiegraf: @ihe, even if you did have a point (and I don't think you do for the most part, most atheists react, not instigate), is this the thread to whine about it? Have you seen the op? You expect us to just bleat?

Nope, dude. I expect nothing anymore. But I'm deciding to start making demands. You get that, right?

cool
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Nope, dude. I expect nothing anymore. But I'm deciding to start making demands. You get that, right?

cool

No.. I can see lingering hypocrisy, but I may be wrong
And what are the sun glasses for, if I may ask?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
wiegraf:

No.. I can see lingering hypocrisy, but I may be wrong
And what are the sun glasses for, if I may ask?

lol.... You sound like a kid who sees the Bogeyman in every dark corner of the house. Hypocrisy? Lol

Edit: the glasses? That's the 'cool' emoticon. You know what that is, right? I just like the freaking smiley. I'm thinking of using it to sign all my posts from now on

cool
Re: To All The Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2012
wiegraf:

I don't

Typical atheist stupidity.
Re: To All The Atheists by UyiIredia(m): 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2012
manmustwac: I can just as equally claim that the bright sun the wonderful sky the deep blue sea and we humans are the results of evolution instead of being the end product of magic. smiley

Then what did the ocean evolve from. Acid ?!
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Typical atheist stupidity.

I don't know = stupid
I know, it was created in 6 days, and some of the stuff taking place before there was the earth, therefore making the notion of earth days useless, and the universe revolves around us for your information, omnipotent god taking his time to do everything in earth days, ahead of the gzillion other planets or potentially better ways to keep track of time = intelligent

Religion ruts the brains
Jokes aside, I implore you to learn to admit your ignorance, and at least try to educate yourself. Idiiots like you spread cancer in 9ja by leaving everything to god
Re: To All The Atheists by wiegraf: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
ihedinobi:
lol.... You sound like a kid who sees the Bogeyman in every dark corner of the house. Hypocrisy? Lol

Edit: the glasses? That's the 'cool' emoticon. You know what that is, right? I just like the freaking smiley. I'm thinking of using it to sign all my posts from now on
cool

I may be wrong about the hipocrisy, true, and I note that. I'm not interested in drilling you at the moment, but we'll have our day. You will choke in your own illogic when we do. This prediction being more accurate than anything from your bible. Train, @ihe, train! tongue
Btw, you're trying to come off as cool?
Re: To All The Atheists by cyrexx: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2012
Ihedinobi:
Cyrexx Cyrexx Cyrexx.... You still amuse me, you know. You're way more obsessed with hell than even those who preach it.

pardon me, good sir, for my obsession with hell. I was raised to fear a god who torments his own creatures for eternity for flimsy crimes like unbelief, doubt, lust, foul mouthed abuses like your brother davidliar is fond of. Its hard to totally uninstall what has been preprogrammed in a child's mind now reflecting in him as an adult, if you understand me

Ihedinobi:
I don't care, Cyrexx. Save your typing energy. I have said only that I won't keep playing nice in discussions. As long as you understand that, we're all good, dude.

fine, no probs, monsieur.

Ihedinobi:
If you ever get saved, awesome. I'm not sitting around waiting on that day. Got me way too much to do to spend my life like that. You know, there's a lot more to life than what Cyrexx chooses to believe or not believe. smiley

i dont see myself as such a VIP that my beliefs will put anybody on edge like what you are insinuating. Dude, enjoy your life and dont worry about my belief or non-belief or my so-called salvation. I am already saved from dangerous dogma like the one you trying to push on me and i dont need to get saved again.

I like sharing my thoughts and views on nairaland, just like you, with no armtwisting or i-have-the-truth-and-you-dont attitude. I am still an explorer navigating this strange world, learning from that which is worthy and discarding that which is unworthy but i definitely will NEVER surrender my mind to any religious control, NEVER AGAIN, and this includes christianity in all its forms and varieties. Thats my own choice and everybody is free to make their own choice.

Cheers and Best Wishes.

1 Like

Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
wiegraf:

I may be wrong about the hipocrisy, true, and I note that. I'm not interested in drilling you at the moment, but we'll have our day. You will choke in your own illogic when I do that. This prediction being more accurate than anything from your bible. Train, @ihe, train! tongue
Btw, you're trying to come off as cool?

What, you don't like it? cool cool cool

cool
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 27, 2012
davidylan:

Actually he wasnt making any shred of sense not to talk of it being objective. He kept misconstruing the issue... at one point we are discussing rust being a consequence/reaction to an action i.e. iron being exposed to moisture and he immediately equates humans with rust rather than iron?

Again just another hurt atheist who feels bad that there are some willing to stand up to ignorant crybabies whose only means of assuaging their troubled and empty consciences is by cyber bullying. Cant stand the heat? Stay in your father's bedroom bro.

I equated humans to iron and sin to rust, davidullard

1 Like

Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 27, 2012
Ihedinobi:

hehehehe......... Sure I give up. But anyhow, I'm always gonna join in on intellectually stimulating discussions and I'm always gonna get on comic threads to laugh at ridiculous reasoning when I'm bored. But I'm not gonna cut you guys any more slack is all I'm saying, dude.
Lol... ridiculous reasoning he says...

Ihedinobi:
Matter of fact, I actually like some of you guys, something I find quite curious. You, for instance, provoke parental feelings of protection from me lol; Cyrexx provokes a father's disciplinary feelings in me; MacDaddy provokes me to a great deal of pity. So I like listening to or reading you guys. But I've decided to call things as they are and pull no punches from now on regardless how you guys react to it.
cool
You are a sad lonely fellow, ain't you?
Re: To All The Atheists by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol... ridiculous reasoning he says...

You are a sad lonely fellow, ain't you?

hehehehehehehehehe....... What, you don't like my fatherliness? Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Mbang: Wrath Of God Will Visit Children & Grandchildren Of Corrupt Politicians / Lady Gives Birth At Joshua Iginla's Church In Abuja, Receives N200k From Pastor / What It Means To Be "born Again"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.