Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria (11976 Views)

12-year-Old Shot In The Jaw & Upper Lips By Fulani Herdsman In Jos (Graphic Pics / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters / Enslaved In France, Nigerian Woman Fights Back (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Stop derailing the thread friend. America is also the center of highest of hedge funds frauds, billion dollars ponzi schemes, war-ammo corruption, Drugs cartels operations etc,with slumps at Mississippi, New Orleans etc. That's a story for another day. I love Ricky, and I love the fact that he showed Lagos slums, It is only fair to say he should have shown the 150 private jets owners neighborhoods as a motivation of hope, augmentation of faith and upliftment of the downcasted. Peace! It is only fair.
Lol, how am I derailing the thread or are you drunk. Name the private businesses of the people that own private jets. Its that too hard for you to do? How many people own private jets in America. List them and I will tell you their private businesses. Say your own. Always pointless as usual
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by infolekan(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2012
Blackteeth: This is not really about a video portraying the truth about the situation of Nigeria. But the fact is that the video should have portrayed both the positive and negative together so that it wouldnt look as if Nigeria is 100% slums. Some foreigners may think Nigeria is 100% slums just watching that video. And thats not really nice. Things like this is what fires up racism and portrayal of the black man as sub-humans.

Calling a place the town of the blind doesn't necessarily mean everyone in the town is blind but when there are 10 people in a town & 9 of them are blind....calling them. The town of the blind isn't out of place.
Even the so called decent aren't what they used to be.
Abuja barely has a working traffic light(& that's the national capital).....driving there is chaotic at its best.....even the road is almost back to what it was before it was decided that it should be the national capital(don't know what it was then actually). The road to Silverbird in Abuja is actually worse than the road to my house & my house is still doesn't have the top 200 roads in my state.
There are not enough positive aspects to this country like that unless he decides to shoot his video in peoples living room or lawns.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Lol, how am I derailing the thread or are you drunk. Name the private businesses of the people that own private jets. Its that too hard for you to do? How many people own private jets in America. List them and I will tell you their private businesses. Say your own. Always pointless as usual
You are not a true Nigerian, I think your head is wired to function properly in a different geographical clime. Open another thread to enable me address the issue of private jets ownership. I can mention more than 30 billionaires with private jets in the private sectors, but doing that will be derailing this thread and obeying your diversionary tactic from the purpose of this thread. You need to start joining social clubs like Ikoyi Club, Polo Club etc to know people. Stop sounding convictions on issues you know nothing about. I maintain that Rick Ross - I am his great fan. I love the fact that he depicted the true nature of Lagos slums, courtesy demands that the video depending on the concept and the message he was passing should have showed the other affluent Nigerian Neighborhoods as a motivation to those slump dwellers to know that some day they, just like Rick Ross, can appear on billboards and tour the world like himself. It is only fair to keep that motivational sermon preached on every pulpits. Mr. Globe, I am not you, so you should respect my opinion. That being said, rest this case and open a new thread to address the diversionary issues you seek. Peace!
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
Billyonaire: You are not a true Nigerian, I think your head is wired to function properly in a different geographical clime. Open another thread to enable me address the issue of private jets ownership. I can mention more than 30 billionaires with private jets in the private sectors, but doing that will be derailing this thread and obeying your diversionary tactic from the purpose of this thread. [b]You need to start joining social clubs like Ikoyi Club, Polo Club etc to know people. [/b]Stop sounding convictions on issues you know nothing about. I maintain that Rick Ross - I am his great fan. I love the fact that he depicted the true nature of Lagos slums, courtesy demands that the video depending on the concept and the message he was passing should have showed the other affluent Nigerian Neighborhoods as a motivation to those slump dwellers to know that some day they, just like Rick Ross, can appear on billboards and tour the world like himself. It is only fair to keep that motivational sermon preached on every pulpits. Mr. Globe, I am not you, so you should respect my opinion. That being said, rest this case and open a new thread to address the diversionary issues you seek. Peace!
I will also want you to understand that you are making absolutely no point. You talked about how Rick Ross should have showed 'our private jet having side' then I told you to tell us how those private jets came about, successful businesses will naturally yield wealth for private jets but in this case we have people that have aided to making that particular slum what it is today, buying jets from looting the people's collective wealth that would have been used in helping masses. There is nothing hiding the names. I dont need to go to ikoyi club to know who owns private jets and what not. In sane climates only Dangote, and maybe a few billionaires in Nigeria should have a private jet because they have 'successful private businesses' to show for it but in the instance when Tinubu, Ifeanyi Ubah of the subsidy scam, Femi Otedola another thief, and pastors own private jets and you want Rick Ross or any other other person to praise him, you are simply Stup!d and stop disgracing yourself more by replying, you have made a blunder that cannot be fixed.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by infolekan(m): 6:24pm On Sep 22, 2012
Akson man: Some Nigerians r FOOLISH. The US version of this song was single handedly banned by many US tv stations, including BET. Some self hating Nigerians dont know the meaning of dignity,even in poverty. So, just because ones body is full of sores,he should walk around unclad for the world to see...afterall it's the truth.
God bless the likes of Bollywood's Amitab Bachchan who came out and condemed Slumdog millionaire cos it was grossly one sided and it was produced by a British director.
Look at M.I, a Nigerian artiste that is addicted to wearing American clothes from head to toe,allowing his editor come up with this sh1t. Maybe if people like M.I patronized more made in Nigeria clothes,it could help a tailor living in lagos slums out of poverty.
Is it the government that will give jobs to every single poor Nigerian?
Many Dumb Nigerians do not know that Rick Ross used his 'Hold me back' Nigeria video to send a message back to the US people that banned his original version.
He's telling them,"You thought my portrayal of US poverty was bad? Check out what goes down in Nigeria."
And here we have some silly Nigerians praising him. Mugus

Lovely inference....
Your reference to Slumdog Millionaire is out of the way though...Amitab is entitled to his own opinion & if he feels the film dint represent India well.....then he needs to step out of his circle.
Amitab isn't God by the way & his opinion of the film doesn't even move my empty wallet. This same film had 8 Academy awards...the whole 4 Golden globe awards & 7 BAFTA awards & someone somewhere is still talking about insulted sensibilities.
Wondering if there would be any rancour if Rozay sat down popping Rozay in a ranch style Banana island crib.
And all this talk about the international community.....as if Nigeria was ever a tourist destination. The only reason the whites come here is to rip us off pure & simple & this idea of re branding our self doesn't go anywhere in the outside world.
& don't expect MI to dress differently from you(he schooled in the US dude)....I'm sure you don't patronise your local tailor too.
You can't be portraying what less than 5%of the population enjoy as the other positive side...Nigeria is quite big & less than half of a dollar a day for most Nigerians is very real friend.

1 Like

Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
tonynickson: coolIts quite unfortunate dat one foreigner who took our millions dat would have been enof to put irrigation system to our farmers to boost food production is given to a non believer I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ d word of God who jst came to bring down our image and reduce us to where we were I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ abt 30yrs ago. We all need to know dat nigerian are loved by people around d world and its videos like dis dat continue to wallow us I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ shackles of disdain I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ international community.M.I is a patiotic nigerian atleast he observed it n stood up and condemned it
People like u make me think twice before I comment on NL, I just don't want to end up arguing with a child
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by 0ldirty: 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
It's a reality. The video was done live and not staged. Nigerians are suffering big time.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I will also want you to understand that you are making absolutely no point. You talked about how Rick Ross should have showed 'our private jet having side' then I told you to tell us how those private jets came about, successful businesses will naturally yield wealth for private jets but in this case we have people that have aided to making that particular slum what it is today, buying jets from looting the people's collective wealth that would have been used in helping masses. There is nothing hiding the names. I dont need to go to ikoyi club to know who owns private jets and what not. In sane climates only Dangote, and maybe a few billionaires in Nigeria should have a private jet because they have 'successful private businesses' to show for it but in the instance when Tinubu, Ifeanyi Ubah of the subsidy scam, Femi Otedola another thief, and pastors own private jets and you want Rick Ross or any other other person to praise him, you are simply Stup!d and stop disgracing yourself more by replying, you have made a blunder that cannot be fixed.
I have nothing more tell an unhappy and pro-poverty sickler like you. I guess I will leave you to wallow in your class warfare. Poor people always blame the rich for their woes, even for their malaria. If you have an opportunity to loot, I dare say you can loot more than an IBB and Abacha put together. I guess you are feeling sad cos you can barely meet up with your classmates who are doing better for themselves. Should I cherish it if a foreigner comes to showcase my latrine to the world ? Mbanu, every country has her slumps but they chose to showcase their best Cities to the world.Its called PR. I dont blame you, people like you keep washing toilets for white men simply because you hate the color of your own skin. I see no reason why Rick Ross should come to my country and display the slums on worldwide screens without doing justice to the elite class environments too. Can Rick Ross do that in USA ?
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Marhoski(m): 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
So many dummies around, read the ending properly...written by the editor nd not in anyway relative to M.I nd u guyz re arguing blindly...
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by cjrane: 8:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
The Rick Ross video is a fact and i am very satisfied with it. Those stealing our money and go abroad to pretend Nigeria is a well off place should know that the real situation they have imposed on the hapless Nigerians shall continue to be exposed for the world to see what their greed and selfishness have caused the nation.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 8:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
Billyonaire: I have nothing more tell an unhappy and pro-poverty sickler like you. I guess I will leave you to wallow in your class warfare. Poor people always blame the rich for their woes, even for their malaria. If you have an opportunity to loot, I dare say you can loot more than an IBB and Abacha put together. I guess you are feeling sad cos you can barely meet up with your classmates who are doing better for themselves. Should I cherish it if a foreigner comes to showcase my latrine to the world ? Mbanu, every country has her slumps but they chose to showcase their best Cities to the world.Its called PR. I dont blame you, people like you keep washing toilets for white men simply because you hate the color of your own skin. I see no reason why Rick Ross should come to my country and display the slums on worldwide screens without doing justice to the elite class environments too. Can Rick Ross do that in USA ?
you are just a sick fool thats why after being unsuccessful in defending your dumb comments you turn to insults. I guess you did not watched the first version of the video before commenting thrash as a dummy you have always been. the problem is you are talking about ross showing the toilet part of nigeria when the whole of nigeria is a toilet. a big jungle. And by Gods grace I dont depend on the foolish govt which you are part of for anything. Am not near poor by any means far but I have a conscience when I see people suffer like I stated earlier with my ph reference. You are simply mad cos I finished your stup!d comment saying Ross should have shown the 150 private jet side of Nigeria. You can go to CNN and do that yourself you big 'rich' dummy.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2012
Mr. Globe:
I remember Iwas in Port Harcourt sometime and I stimbled on a community inside the main portharcourt city where people live and raise families in entirely bamboo, planks and zinc houses. I was so touched, I heard when rain falls it floods those houses and after the rain they begin to scoop out water. Now if there is anyway I can get the whole world attention to that, I wont waste a second. God punish all you shallow thinking individuals talking about how your gutter image has been damaged.
if to say you be babe ehhhhhh, I go just kiss you and dash you 10 bags of GARRI for that comment!

Thank you jare cool
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by OneNaira6: 9:28pm On Sep 22, 2012
caseless: Hmm..u hate nigeria. D onli time u comment is wen d topic is igbotic or biafranic.

Who is this caseless monkey? Clap for yourself, you just announced and noticed what the person you replied to long been said. Slowness don reach another level. Clap for yourself jare. I can careless about that poor excuse of a nation. I don't hide nor deny it and i have long being saying it. As for only commenting on igbo and biafra, well at least you recognize game. Unlike you people, i am not an attention seeking ashawo with zero life. I don't butt my head in sh1t wey no concern me. Finally, you've been noticed. Na waka move left let person see front.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by bigmo1(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
DANILSA: This article was written by The Editor and does not express the personal views of the Rapper MI Abaga.
Obviously so many jerk heads read this part of the original post with their brains shutdown, foolishly praising M.I
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by crisycent: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
M.I.....wanabe poet!!! Go kill yourself if you can't face the truth. Go and shoot your own video and portray Nigeria in any way you wana cos all you guys do these days is go to south africa cast some "light skinned" girls in your video....all you do is pop-champagne (although we all know what is really inside the bottle) and portray a "everyday is a holiday" lifestyle. All this poem wen u write no make sense!!!
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by bigmo1(m): 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
Billyonaire: I have nothing more tell an unhappy and pro-poverty sickler like you. I guess I will leave you to wallow in your class warfare. Poor people always blame the rich for their woes, even for their malaria. If you have an opportunity to loot, I dare say you can loot more than an IBB and Abacha put together. I guess you are feeling sad cos you can barely meet up with your classmates who are doing better for themselves. Should I cherish it if a foreigner comes to showcase my latrine to the world ? Mbanu, every country has her slumps but they chose to showcase their best Cities to the world.Its called PR. I dont blame you, people like you keep washing toilets for white men simply because you hate the color of your own skin. I see no reason why Rick Ross should come to my country and display the slums on worldwide screens without doing justice to the elite class environments too. Can Rick Ross do that in USA ?
Its just a damn musical video. If you don't like it, strap å bomb around your stomach and hit the 'detonate' button. They also showcase their slums in musical videos and movies, they showcase murder drugs, nudity, crime, violence and lots of other negative stuffs. Watch d movie Omo-Ghetto, Funke Akindele did å good job, showcasing the slum too. Don't know why your likes are whining like babies over the video. You rather tell your Government to rehabilitate the slums and improve the lives of the poor.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by ezme(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
If any of you have seen the US version of "hold me back", then you won't be here complaining. The message in the song needed a ghetto video and he did just that.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by naptu2: 3:37am On Sep 23, 2012
ezme: If any of you have seen the US version of "hold me back", then you won't be here complaining. The message in the song needed a ghetto video and he did just that.

Precisely. I suspect that most of the people commenting haven't seen the US version.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by londoner: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2012
@ Mr Globe, I lie do I?

Well you answer me this. Who are the US musicians and artists who are always talking about diamonds, benzes, Lexxus cars, drop tops, big rims,mansions the best women, being millionaires etc ?

You answer me that....truthfully, and tell me it is not Black American rappers.

I am not saying they dont mention their hoods (they do, especially at the start of their career), but most of their songs and videos are more about riches and being able to afford expensive things and expensive women.

That is where Nigerian artists got that influence from.....
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by MCDumexx: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
Sometimes it gets 2me when pple jst rant over what shouldn't have been given a 2nd thot. What pain is reminded of? ђã†̥ truth or reality are we faced with? I thot pple in the lime-light hv some level of reasoning dat is somewhat above d ordinary man. I guess I wz wrong.
I have seen both versions of "Hold me back video" and reading ђã†̥ critics have 2say, I chuckle. Quick question 2MI/critics; Did U̶̲̥̅̊ listen 2d lyrical content of d said "Hold me back" song? U̶̲̥̅̊ say a 4riner rubbish ur beloved country; was d US version any different 4rm naija's? Wetin d US version con rubbish-Ur dream country abi? Was it not a homo background that was used by d artist (Rick ross) 2 depict his plight.
On a final note, I wish 2tell Nigerians not 2 fret abt this "ish" as d lyrical content preach dat no no matter Your nature or nurture, it shouldn'†̥ hold U̶̲̥̅̊ back.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Zico0(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2012
Jus cz yu wake evryday to find food on the table dosent give yu right to talk trash. Infact, i cnsider it an insult to talk against wat Rozay hz done no matta wat yu hv to back it wif. An insult to dose kids that are driven to the streets in pants so that they cry not for food at home. An insult to that little girl that lost her life jus cuz the mum cudnt fynd money to borrow on tyme. An insult to that woman that sells till 12pm and is harrased by oro and has to tie her undercloth arnd her face to walk thru jus to ensure her kids hv atleast one gud meal that day....
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Zico0(m): 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2012
An insult to that family who hv 2 bail water off there house jus because it rained.
Most of all,i cnsider it an insult to the hardship i faced growin up,to say we shuld save one "crappy image" nigeria dosnt hv jus cos yu wer presented breakfast, lunch nd dinner evryday till yu grew up nd yu hv access to the internet. Lets not bring curses upon ourselves. Derez abject poverty in nigeria that we ignore evryday.
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by frankzone: 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2012
Lol '@occupy something'. Wetin we go occupy now?
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by gst101: 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
but this country you all are badmouthing, isnt it the same one i have lived in all my life? I just wonder...

I am not elite, far from it!
Re: A Write-up On MI's Site On Rick Ross ‘hold Me Back’ Video Shot In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 24, 2012
Yeah. We sure do know how to condemn just because our physical actions are not yet in the limelight. If it was we would have logs in our eyes. You all take it easy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Seal Off Michika In Hunt For Boko Haram Remnants / Steps To Register For The Voluntary Assets & Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS) / Atiku: They Gave Him A False Sense Of Hope - Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.