Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,732 members, 7,813,409 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here (24185 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission Continua / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2012/2013 Admissions. ND/HND / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 10:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
flairlady: hello everyone,for those that applied last year,how much was the pg form?also how much is the tuition and fees?and does ui have a postgraduate hostel?
The fee of the scratch card you'll obtain before you can proceed with application depends on the type of course you're applying for, meaning it varies, last year was btw 10k to 15k. The tuition fee varies too, those of us in Medicine pay more than other faculties, and some faculties are relatively cheaper. And Yes, there are so many pg hostels, but due to d large population of pg students, it's first come first serve. You may call me for more help 08100722980
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
Pascalbaba: Help a brother! I'm a batch C corp member to pass out by october, 2013. Pls is it advisable to obtain d PostGraduate form since I'll be required to tender my NYSC certificate? Pls ur views and responses are urgently needed.

Pls I need responses!!!!
you can apply my brother, your NYSC cert wont be required until you've been invited for clearance next year, and infact, u're passing out very soon so you have no problem at all.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
Dehley: Pls how much is the tuition fee for both biochemistry and microbiolgy.
The tuition fee is not fixed, meaning it changes from year to year, just place ur mind on anything btw 90 and 100k
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
jay_p: Guys, please i need your advice. Last
year, I applied to OAU but my
transcript in school was late so the
admission was forfeited. But then I
addressed the transcript to the
Registrar, Obafemi Awolowo University
but I just got the transcript yesterday
and now I have applied to University
of Ibadan this year.
Can I just change the recipient address
from OAU to UI? Just the envelope
that contains the transcript if this
would not prove any violation or pose
a risk falsation of credentials. Just the
cover envelope.
Please reply ASAP. Thanks a lot.
I believe it's wise and advisable you apply for another transcript, it's risky you using the former
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 10:30pm On Jun 05, 2013
decode: @ AUGUSTINEDOZIE DON'T TRY IT!!
Is the UI masters form out and, how can one apply? Thanks.
The form should be out latest next two weeks, you can log in to pgschool.ui.edu.ng and it might be possible that they open a new site for this next set. You can Call me on 08100722980 if u need help
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by twosquare(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
Pls,keep us posted. Me too wants to apply. Luv 2 knw how things are going, lest I forfeit anything
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by flairlady(f): 12:44am On Jun 10, 2013
I think the UI postgraduate registration portal has been hacked.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by prodam(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2013
What's the latest on this U.I masters thing..I need updates!!..thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 10:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
flairlady: I think the UI postgraduate registration portal has been hacked.
Why do you think so?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by paulshakur: 7:19am On Jun 11, 2013
flairlady: I think the UI postgraduate registration portal has been hacked.

the site is not hacked, it's an upgrade going on.... The portal for the present set needs to be worked upon so that it won't affect the registration of the new intake.. I was at the I.t centre to complain because I have not closed up my data for exam and I got to know this... The easiest way to acces the site now Is to go through registration.pgschool.ui.edu.ng when you're there, click on the admission tab and proceed. I will update the house on any info I got.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by paulshakur: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2013
To all current post graduate student of 2012/2013, this is for your notice....

Please note
this important message

Dear PG Student,
Please note that registration for the 2012/13 session will be closed on Friday,
28 June, 2013. This includes payment, online registration and submission to the
Record Office.
All students whose signed registration forms are not submitted by the closing
hours of Friday 28th of June 2013 may not be reckoned as a postgraduate student
of University of Ibadan.
You may check the Postgraduate School regulations (green book) for
clarifications.
Thank you
Management

Postgraduate School,
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by buccunmie(m): 10:55am On Jun 11, 2013
Pls, am a bit confuse with the infos m getin. Wot is d criteria for doin masters in u.I? Must the applicant av 2.1? Pls I nid reply asap. Tnx
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by 2livescrew: 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Please whats the possibilities that the university of Ibadan wont repeat what they did during the 2011/2012 academic session.whereby we applied for their forms,went to our different schools to applied for our transcript etc sat for their "aptitude"test but at the end they did not paste the result of the exam that the Dean of the faculty of English language came into the hall during the test to inform us that we would get our scores through text message or email,they did not do this as promised but went ahead to start giving out admission letters to "successful"candidates?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
I'm going to apply for the postgraduate into the Centre of Petroleum Energy economics and law in U.I too but first I want to ask will there be an exam or interview or both? And if its an entrance exam, what format does it usually take? Is it a general exam or per faculty/department exam?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hello house,pls did anyone here get into cpeel ibadan or have any info concerning the admission requirement, entrance examination,interview etc...pls share...cpeel means centre for petroleum,energy economics and law...its a new postgraduate facuty
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 9:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
buccunmie: Pls, am a bit confuse with the infos m getin. Wot is d criteria for doin masters in u.I? Must the applicant av 2.1? Pls I nid reply asap. Tnx
The applicants are not required to compulsorily have 2.1, the requirements range between 3rd class, 2.2, 2.1 and first class, the 3rd class stuff depends on the type of dept though (very few). You can see all the requirements in the prospectus, I can send it to you tru whatsapp if you dont have one. Message me wit this

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Equador: 9:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
msidusogie: I'm going to apply for the postgraduate into the Centre of Petroleum Energy economics and law in U.I too but first I want to ask will there be an exam or interview or both? And if its an entrance exam, what format does it usually take? Is it a general exam or per faculty/department exam?
Having entrance exams is a factor of the department you are applying into and the population of applicants into the department during your set. But i will advice you to be fully prepared for an enterance exam because more than 80% of the departments here conduct entrance exams. Concerning the formats, the questions are mostly questions that are relevant to your course of study and some general paper/current affairs. I hope this helps
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Godschild2(m): 8:09am On Jun 12, 2013
Equador: The applicants are not required to compulsorily have 2.1, the requirements range between 3rd class, 2.2, 2.1 and first class, the 3rd class stuff depends on the type of dept though (very few). You can see all the requirements in the prospectus, I can send it to you tru whatsapp if you dont have one. Message me wit this 07033584266

Please I've been trying to download the prospectus from their site but it keeps showing an error. I'll be very grateful if you can send inbox it to me;

Thanks!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by twosquare(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
Gods-child:

Please I've been trying to download the prospectus from their site but it keeps showing an error. I'll be very grateful if you can send inbox it to me; tunji0072001@yahoo.com

Thanks!
I discover dis too but all u hav to do is go to d start application page under re-read prospectus...u will be able to download it.
[img][/img]

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Godschild2(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
twosquare: I discover dis too but all u hav to do is go to d start application page under re-read prospectus...u will be able to download it.
[img][/img]

Yeah, it worked. Thanks so much, GOD bless!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by twosquare(m): 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Gods-child:

Yeah, it worked. Thanks so much, GOD bless!
owk.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by prodam(m): 6:55am On Jun 13, 2013
Computer science dept...what's up with masters there..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by paulshakur: 8:02am On Jun 13, 2013
2livescrew: Please whats the possibilities that the university of Ibadan wont repeat what they did during the 2011/2012 academic session.whereby we applied for their forms,went to our different schools to applied for our transcript etc sat for their "aptitude"test but at the end they did not paste the result of the exam that the Dean of the faculty of English language came into the hall during the test to inform us that we would get our scores through text message or email,they did not do this as promised but went ahead to start giving out admission letters to "successful"candidates?

concerning last year, I guess those who didn't get admission missed it out by their own hands..... Let me elaboratea bit, u.i is more of a post graduate school so they bearly meet their quota numbers. For example, N.U.C may give them slot for 50 prospective students in a department and after the entire admission, ui may admit only 30. Out of the 30 admitted, only about 20 will eventually show up. To cut the story short, during the admission period and you see you were not recommended, you need to show up in person at your department, talk to and plead with maybe the dean or h.o.d..... If they see you're serious, they will recommend you because there is still lot and lot of room for admission, but first they need to admit only serious students and you have just proven to be one..... This is the way many people got their admission last year and the year before.....though got mine on merit...lol.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by HZwriters: 11:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
hi, please is there anybody currently studying biochemistry as masters degree program in UI, how is the department and what is the chance of getting an offer from the department?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by twosquare(m): 10:51am On Jun 15, 2013
Anyone going also for M.A in English? Wat are chances of admission into dis department?

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by prodam(m): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2013
Can a person awaiting nysc cert apply??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by johnozigi: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
Pls kindly send the prospectus to me on johnozigi@gmail.com preferably microsoft copy
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Chokolee(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
Please send the prospectus to me; machal24@yahoo.com
And how much would the tuition cost before i apply..GIS precisely..thanks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 Postgraduate Admission, Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2013
Pls i want to know if UI runs the M.Sc Accounting prog.Didnt see anything like that on the site.Thanks
pls kindly send the prospectus to me...beautyyjo@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU Sex For Marks: Richard Akindele May Go Free – Investigation / BREAKING NEWS: ASUU Calls Off Strike / 11 Pictures Relating To Secondary School In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.