Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

System Recovery - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Recovery (906 Views)

Data Recovery Expert In Nigeria / I Need Recovery CD For DV6-7125NR / Acer Aspire 5610z Recovery Disc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Recovery by stevoddy(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2008
Hi folks,

Please is there any way I can use to get my system restored or get it on? Why I'm asking this is because I forgot the password I used for my system and I'm trying to put it on but I cannot bypass the password screen.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: System Recovery by DualCore1: 4:15pm On Jan 14, 2008
bro search google for all those recovery tools.
if i were u, i'll slave my hdd and get all the important contents outta ma OS partition, then format. but i ain't u anyway, cuz i cant imagine forget my passwords or access codes grin
Re: System Recovery by Neoteny(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2008
you didnt specify the kind of system. and which passwor screen? windows logon or BIOS? if the former, format. if the latter, discharge the cmos by switching jumper setting on the mainboard (a rubber tip set on 2 of four pins) or if its a lappy remove the cmos battery, wait for a long while then replace it and cross your fingers.

or:

take it back to the owner and beg him to helep you grin tongue
Re: System Recovery by zoomzu(f): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2008
Naialanders,

My system restart itself authomatically, pls what do I do to restore it.
Re: System Recovery by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 15, 2008
Neoteny:

you didnt specify the kind of system. and which passwor screen? windows logon or BIOS? if the former, format. if the latter, discharge the cmos by switching jumper setting on the mainboard (a rubber tip set on 2 of four pins) or if its a lappy remove the cmos battery, wait for a long while then replace it and cross your fingers.

or:

take it back to the owner and beg him to helep you grin tongue

i was about to post a method, when i thought of this. . . how many noobs use a password , anyway? tongue
Re: System Recovery by Ralvy(m): 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2008
Dual Core:

if i were u, i'll slave my hdd and get all the important contents out of ma OS partition, then format. but i ain't u anyway, because i can't imagine forget my passwords or access codes grin

I think u should slave a hard drive again with another computer running Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista, navigate to "Documents and Settings" and try to gain access into the password protected user name's Desktop.
It is impossible on a Windows OS.

Neoteny:

Not every computer user will be willing to open their systems to work with hardware.
Although, taking out the BIOS batt. on a Laptop/CPU will take care of the BIOS password.
But note, that u loose all Boot settings, dates and stuff configured from the BIOS.

stevoddy:

Hi folks,

Please is there any way I can use to get my system restored or get it on? Why I'm asking this is because I forgot the password I used for my system and I'm trying to put it on but I cannot bypass the password screen.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your anticipated response

Next time, you should post proper description of problems your facing. Although, I guess it's the Winlogon screen your stuck on. What u should do is start up your computer in Safe mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key on top of your keyboard. Login as the Administrator (I hope an Admin Pass wasnt set), and fire up a command prompt window by typing "cmd" in the run box. Type in NET USER. That will least all users on the computer, your user name will show up. If the username is "Ralph" type in "Net User Ralph hot" to set the password as "hot" or whteva.

If there's an admin pass. u will need a boot CD.
Try the above first of all.

That worked for me on WIndows XP.
I am using Windows Vista and I tried it, but I get an error message saying, access denied.
So I doubt it will work on Windows Vista.
Re: System Recovery by Ralvy(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2008
zoomzu:

Naialanders,

My system restart itself authomatically, please what do I do to restore it.

So many thing could cause this. Start up the computer and enter the BIOS.
Leave the computer on for a while and see if it stays on. If it does, then we're sure all necessary hardware is okay.
Get to the advance start up page as described above, start up in safe mode. If u can log in as an administrator,
Type in "services.msc" at the run dialogue and disable start up items leaving the most necessary then restart in normal mode and trace services that are set to restart the system when ther's service failure.
Re: System Recovery by ayobase(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15, 2008
u can go to metacafe.com
there type how to hack password
or how to bypass a password in the
search column there.
and u shall c any that suits u
Re: System Recovery by Ralvy(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for that ayobase, that will help other members.
I use metacafe for only videos

(1) (Reply)

Can't Access My Yahoomail / Help-: Pc Wont Play Dvds!?! / Norton Won't Leave My Pc After Uninstalling! What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.