Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

What Motivates You To Worship God??? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Motivates You To Worship God??? (13245 Views)

As A Nairalander, What Motivates You To Go To Church? / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by spiritualweapon: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2012
the spirit of God.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2012
packman:

[size=20pt]I REALLY PITY YOU DAT UR EYES U RE USING TO SEE WUD SOON BLIND AND THE HAND U RE USING FOR TYPING WUD SOON WILDER DEN U WUD KNOW DAT GOD EXIST AND HE CAN TAKE UR DAT PATHETIC LIFE IF U DNT START LEARNING OW TO BREED UR FILTHY GOD FORSAKEN
MOUTH[/size]

''man is a religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has true religion- several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat(or curses him to hell) if his theology isn't straight''
Mark Twain

SMH
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
@991, the poster said God and am sure you know you know the poster is referring to the Lord of lords, King of kings,the Almighty who has all the earth under His control, Ominipotent, He is not limited by raise, location or whatever. The poster is not talking about those gods (see them plenty) who are limited by space.

All those ones you mention are known by those who made them god and particularly for their worshippers. You see the poster put G in capital letter you still dey ask which of those gods you mentioned, I hope that not how you answer questions in school when your teacher ask specific questions?

All other gods, they are the works of men.God you are the only ONE, there is none like YOU.

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by elsirich: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
Because He is the only true and faithful God, full of grace, mercy , love and compassion. He is all deserving of our worship and if we don't as humans,He will raise stones or even create something else to worship Him.But truely He deserves our best worship, praise and adoration. God is awesome!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by awlaw: 8:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
All we owe this God is nothing but a total and un-alloyed worship and dedication
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by DollyParton1(f): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
The fact that while I was yet sinner HE sent his only son JESUS CHRIST to die for me. HE first loved me while I was nothing. I worship HIM because of the sweet SALVATION he has shown and made freely available to me.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by NobleAngell(f): 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2012
Niseamaka:

God does not inflict punishment on those who do not believe in HIM. Some
of the most educated and prosperous folks on earth do not believe in the
existence of God.
Dont wori u wil find out if he exists d day u die. U talk of educated and prosperous folks on earth, wot of dose dat have left d earth? Where in your myopic mind do u tink dey are? Do u knw wot dey met wen dey died? Do u know wot dey are possibly doin ryt now? Wot if it was after dey die dat dey realised dat God exists? Dont get carried away by worldly tins. Educated and prosperous indeed, MTCHWWWWWWWW!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by tohirah(f): 9:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
decrox199: there are many gods e.g Allah....but dia's only one almighty which is God!
If his father is "god",how can the son be "God".
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Niseamaka(m): 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2012
NobleAngell: Dont wori u wil find out if he exists d day u die. U talk of educated and prosperous folks on earth, wot of dose dat have left d earth? Where in your myopic mind do u tink dey are? Do u knw wot dey met wen dey died? Do u know wot dey are possibly doin ryt now? Wot if it was after dey die dat dey realised dat God exists? Dont get carried away by worldly tins. Educated and prosperous indeed, MTCHWWWWWWWW!

Jesus baby, there is no need for you to insult others in other to express your views. What is myopic about my opinion?. I strongly believe in God, but my point is about those who do not believe in HIM. First of all, the issue at stake here is life on earth not what happens when one dies. If God punishes people who do not believe in HIM, over 90% of the population of the world will be in a deep shit. God loves us all dearly irrespective of our sins. HE even loves the bad ones among us more. Pause and ponder about other cultures around the world who do not share your believe in God. Do you think God will inflict mayhem on them b/c of that. Most believes stems from circumstances of birth. Do you expect a child born and groomed in an atheist family to believe in God?. And do you expect God almighty to punish that child due to circumstances surrounding his birth. Besides, believe in God will not save anyone. what is more important is adherence to HIS will and commandments. In Nigeria for instance,there is no shortage of those that believe in God, churches abounds in all nooks and crannies yet the vast majority of Nigerians are undergoing tremendous difficulties in virtually all fields of life.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Royalty1(m): 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
I was Made to worship Christ. That's the reason why I live.

*singing* For thou oh Lord,
are God above all the earth,
Thou art exalted, far above all earth.
I exalt thee.... I exalt thee
I exalt thee, O O Lord!

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by olu4life(m): 11:59pm On Sep 23, 2012
He gave me reason to live. He is the Most High,if i dont worship Him,it wont reduce anything from Him. Angels are worshipping Him 24/7 so who am i not to give Him all the adoration he deserves. Dont forget He can raise stones to worship Him. I love u Lord Almighty. I will forever worship u. U alone deserve my praise. Am so in d spirit to render worship to Him.

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by vicholas(m): 1:36am On Sep 24, 2012
My God is good all the time

1 Like

Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by paris10: 2:15am On Sep 24, 2012
Like the saying goes " a trial will surely convince you". Seriously, I am an epitome of God's faithfulness, blessings and mercy.

Works like magic every time, just that magicians fake what they do. God is real.

I worship God because He has proven Himself to be God. My worship to God is undiluted. When I met Jesus, he showed me God, and I've never looked back.

18 out of 20 God would answer my request, but my dumb a.s.s would still want to complain to the 2 HE hasn't yet done. I guess I'm a spoilt child of God. I speak to HIM like HE's physically infront of me. God loves me unconditionally. HE loves you too same way.

My secret: I never appear before HIM acting holy or clean. I ask for HIS mercy everytime, and see my short-comings as the trials of my faith and the challenges I must go through.

I have a besetting sin, it used to draw me back every time, but now that I know better, I don't allow those sins to deprive me of my blessings. God will address that area when the time comes.

Hallelujah to Jesus!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by clip: 2:55am On Sep 24, 2012
When I see the wonderful works of his hand.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by clip: 3:12am On Sep 24, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/1056402/bride-dies-accident-way-church#12293700

This part of what motivate me to worship God. He is lover of my soul.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by adetwin(m): 7:24am On Sep 24, 2012
Na him sure pass !
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Meridian(f): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2012
For HIS awesomeness nd my creator
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 24, 2012
Lord Babs: Does god exist?
NO.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 24, 2012
The truth is most of you are scared to do researches on the un- existence on a "god". If you disbelieve ur supposed "god" ur hands wont wither nor will you die immidiately. Please lets be educated people. You claim you believe in "god" yet you do not have any proof of his existence outside of your bible and the fact that you cannot explain the many extraordinary happenings around and above but that doesnt mean there is a creator somewhere. Nature itself should be what you try to ponder on rather than giving props and shivering at the mere doubt of his "scientifically unprovable" existence. Read books do researches know your left from your right rather than allowing people in higher authority than you brainwash you into believing in a concept that the world cannot logically prove.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by megxo(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2012
cos he's GOD
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by iykeboyy(m): 9:38am On Sep 24, 2012
991:

do you know it's blasphemy in many religions to say that god died
then go the bible john 3 vs 16 yes Jesus died in our place becos love!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by geniushyke(m): 11:03am On Sep 24, 2012
I raise my eyes to the hills from when commeth my help<, my help commeth from tha Lord who made heaven and earth>>>>
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by obi123: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2012
the fact that i know my abilities and there is no way on this earth i would have achieved what i have achieved today by myself , i am convinced that it is no coincidence or luck it just has to be God
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Pukkah: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2012
So where is that person that simply worships God without expecting anything in return, whether in this life or after death?
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Pukkah: 11:27am On Sep 24, 2012
packman:

[size=20pt]I REALLY PITY YOU DAT UR EYES U RE USING TO SEE WUD SOON BLIND AND THE HAND U RE USING FOR TYPING WUD SOON WILDER DEN U WUD KNOW DAT GOD EXIST AND HE CAN TAKE UR DAT PATHETIC LIFE IF U DNT START LEARNING OW TO BREED UR FILTHY GOD FORSAKEN MOUTH[/size]

Ironically, it is people like you that belittle God by ascribing pettiness to Him. Is His 'Godness' increased or diminished by anybody worshipping/praising or refusing to worship/praise Him? Stop assuming God acts or thinks like a man.

How are you even sure He's bothered about the person you responded to to the extent of striking him blind or taking his life? If na so God be then you can imagine what we would have happened, to even you!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by klasiknonie(f): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2012
k2039: [size=13pt]I am saved by grace and grace alone, therefore I am thankful to God for that grace.My good works don't save me, they're a show of my thankfulness and love to a father who showed me His grace
Jesus Christ not only died for my sins, He died for ME.He not only died FOR me, He died IN MY PLACE.He faced the death that I as a sinner should have to face.I OWE HIM MY WHOLE LIFE

[/size]

same here
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
Jxt payin' Heed to the Word cool cool
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by greatgod2012(f): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2012
what motivate me to worship God? This question get as e be

Everything!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by oge4real(f): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
The life I have is not my own but His'. To live for His own glory and the edification of His Mighty Name.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
He is the pillar that holds my life...without him, I am dead.
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
i worship GOD because of HIS LOVE, for allowing His only begotten son to die for my sins

God is very unique in compassion and wrath, He is perfect in love and His word
Re: What Motivates You To Worship God??? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
The reality of death.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife / Traditional Monotheism-The Yoruba example / Clean Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.