Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,199 members, 7,815,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) (9856 Views)

No Internet Access / A Site That Requires No Internet Connection To Surf! / I'm Tired Of Paying I Need Free Internet Conection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2008
@Truequest

I wish i had the energy and will-power.

I just feel useless looking at the EVDO, might as well dump it and get another provider, don't want any reminder of how starcomms treated me.

Thanks for the info anyway
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by theboy0808(m): 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2008
hmm
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by TeskyMan(m): 6:37am On Jan 16, 2008
Starcomm all i can say is that MAY THE WRATH OF GOD VISIT YOU PEOPLE FOR collecting money without providing adequate service, i cried my life out just to fill a scholarship form yesterday due the the stupid network and loh and behold, before i got to the CAFE to complete the form, It had already closed by 9.20am yesterday(Tuesday 15/01/2008),

May God visit u people with his wroth, cos i paid for the subscription which i hadly use for 3hours out of 12hours, God will Judge you
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 16, 2008
angry angry angry angry@ All Starcomms Haters: angry angry who send Una Make Una No get Internet Booster, I use Starcomms and its Fast As a Jet Plane,Starcomms Is still the best,so PPl come join Our Network ,we Speak Ur Language grin grin grin
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by shigidi(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2008
BROS I FEEL UR PAIN. but multi links isnt much better either, just go to the office and raise hell, i bet you ur wahala will be sorted
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by shigidi(m): 12:23pm On Jan 16, 2008
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by shigidi(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2008
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by shigidi(m): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2008
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by shigidi(m): 12:29pm On Jan 16, 2008
SORRY I DO THAT FROM TIME TO TIME
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by netotse(m): 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2008
i think starcomms is okay, it just has a lot of bad days(multilinks isnt all that either, ) if u guys are so hot abt quality y'all shld get dedicated broadband, for wot they charge starcomms is ok!

oga shig welcome to our hood o!
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by qeemus: 10:52am On Jan 17, 2008
i've been waiting four(4)months now for my internet account to be activated by starcomms,each time i visit,they take down my details and yet nothing is done, i think the regulatory authourity need to look critically at this issue.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Truequest(m): 2:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
qeemus:

i've been waiting four(4)months now for my internet account to be activated by starcomms,each time i visit,they take down my details and yet nothing is done, i think the regulatory authourity need to look critically at this issue.

Follow my advice listen to consumer speak on Radio Nigeria 8.30 am to 9.00 am on wednesday get details on how to contact CPC. Make a repport against them and you'll be compensated.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by FBS: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2008
I beg, ADSL broadband connection no dey naija ni? in this 20 wetin century??! haba, na wah oh!
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by almondjoy(f): 10:09am On Jan 20, 2008
Primitive problems for primitive nations.

The services have to be substandard of course. When the bandwidth of a personal lap top in a civilized country is what a whole so called cyber-cafe uses in any part of Nigeria! And Nigerians will jubilate they have "internet service" available to them.

Suffering and smiling internet service!
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by TBag3: 9:14pm On Jan 20, 2008
direct on PC is 20g for the equipment, 21g to subscribe for 90day 6pm to 8am and 24 hrs weekend,
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by tobexoj(m): 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2008
I will rather advise u to go for multilinks. ever since I started using the network it has been fun
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by TeskyMan(m): 8:53am On Jan 21, 2008
@ T-Bag

are u telling u that direct pc is less than 30,000naira to get connected, pls explain
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by DualCore1: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2008
starcomms is still the best for now in nigeria. i don't know whether you guyz go to their offices and laugh wit them when u need to activate ur lines, i never go to starcomms alone, i go with two or three other guyz that are ready to wreak havoc at the word GO. because u go there go open teeth for them, how dem no go use u play. i use the EV-DO and i download at 45kb/s i'm still looking for who would beat that in nigeria. i bought their MDC card on friday and they said it will be activated by noon today (monday), make dem no activate am by noon, they'll hear from me in style.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by ayettymama(f): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2008
?
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by lumargin: 2:28am On Jan 26, 2008
It is all orchestrated to inflate internet access prices by the NCC, NITEL & phone companies run by foreigners in our own country!?!

I mean we have SAT 3 coming into the Island, all we need is a good deployment plan by a central organisation that manages this backbone. like in the UK its BT - NITEL is clearly not out for the task though, so we might need a private/public sector collaboration to roll this out all over the Lagos area for starters.

We would then need major exchange sites that can distribute broadband/phone service either via copper/fibre to subscribers or better still a cheap fast wireless internet access deployment from the exchange sites to subscribers from the exciting GSM cell sites,

This private/public sector company would also sell wholesale broadband to license broadband resellers.

We (Nigeria) do not have any excuse now to start deploying basic infrastructure for not only foreign investors but for us as a people to advance as a nation and for the black race as a whole - we really need to deeply think about a master-replan of:

[list]
[li] Our transportation networks (roads, rail, air) and this is should be public sector driven in partnership with the private sector[/li]
[li]Our power generation & distribution which should really be sustainable energy like solar & wind energy as well as Hydro generated[/li]
[li]Communication - building a fibre optic backbone for internet and very cheap voice/telephone service[/li]
[li]Water supply across the country[/li]
[/list]

These are the cornerstone for a civilisation - if we cannot achieve at least 80% of each of the above points in the entire nation then we should seize to call ourselves even a developing nation.

Moi thoughts, wink
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by africanboy(m): 8:25am On Jan 26, 2008
I use Starcomms EVDO, I started browsing the night I paid. Set up was easy. I have referred 2 friends to their EVDO services, and they all set up instantly without complaints. And it is not because we are IT guys.

My connection is roughly 30kbps, though Starcomms keeps claiming 300kbps+ even when the modem can exceed 115kbps.

It was only once, on a sunday morning that I could not get a connection, but when I came back from church, obviously to avoid the wrath of God from the anointing I must have received, my connection came in through.

I als use it while on the 3rd mainland bridge, there are only 2 black spots (around where your are just leaving the island) but instantly I am reconnected.

Apart from the fact that I have a friend working as a Sales Rep in Starcomms, I do not have any other ties to them. And I do not need to advertise for them. They do not pay me.

-- Piece of advice, if you are in the market to purchase a new laptop, and you want to use the EVDO, check if it has a PCMCIA slot (which is disappearing from most laptops nowadays), else you'll have to buy a USB to PCMCIA adapter that will set you back around N35,000

http://9jasite.com - http://nigerianweblogs.net/greg/
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by chief(m): 9:54am On Feb 02, 2008
after 1 month u arent connected its ur fault, a whole month, e be like say dem dash u dat thing. i use starcomms EVDO and it is on point to me. no ISP in this country is standard 2 me, they all have their issues. but as 4 you going 1 month without being connected, once again i say na ur fault.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by pixiraver(m): 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2008
Like everything Nigerian, they rush to setup but before u know it the quality begins to fall drastically, i no dey naija now but am coming back later this year and i need a hyper fast connection like what i use in SA,i did use multi links when i was in Naija but na on and off, it will be fast for 5mins and very slow for 15mins. Does it mean one of this fraudulent senators,ministers,police comissioners,Governors can't use their stolen wealth to setup something good like providing a world class connection?Haba!
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by DoubleN(m): 9:37am On Feb 05, 2008
Never have i seen such incompetence until i tried Starcomms. Their Customer Service people are so rude,their service poor and to cap it all up they take great joy in reaping people off! I know cause i was once a victim.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by RichDad1(m): 8:39am On Feb 06, 2008
STARCOMMS IS A RIP-OFF
As for those of you talking about Multilinks, i will like you to consider location and dont use it mobile phone(use the Box or the Data Card) if you want a very good Speed, because i have already tried them
But i will Say Reltel is better because that is what i am now using(finally) For about Six month now and it's been okay, Your account is activated immediately before you leave there office , smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by gibby(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2008
who have had about glo data card for internet browsing, i gathered that it is also good i.e fast and also relatively cheap, have any one used it before so as to enlighten us?
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by mmonwuba(m): 6:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
starcomms just has a little issue. They are supposed to upgrade thier bandwidth.
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2008
Well they can upgrade to high-heavens. i am done, I returned my EVDO (cables and all+reciepts) to their falomo office. and walked away.

I had a deep sense of relief and freedom. I shall never, recommend starcomms to anyone i know
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by exboy(m): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2008
dear people why not try out glo's package. av bin using it. the new 3G+. so far , so excellent cool
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by OneVoice1: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2008
Guys don't worry seat tight for now, a new unlimited internet service is coming to Nigeria, whereby you pay a fixed sum monthly then you can surf the internet for as long as you want, it should arrive within the next 12 months, so you guys spread the word.

I need everyone interested to signify their interest by sending an email to Techsub1@googlemail.com with the subject matter reading ==== UNLIMITED BROADBAND ADSL SERVICE ====

** MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA **
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by mrkels(m): 6:29am On Jan 26, 2010
Re: No Internet After A Month Of Paying (Starcomms) by Ushersx(m): 3:14am On Jan 27, 2010
@ all they are all Scam Artist,

Swift broadband is Very good but it also depends on your surfer plan,I used it very well.They have both up and down links that is very fast.I can also recommend Visafone.Its also reliable too.While Multi links on the hand to is okay,

All these connections i have used @ different times and i can say they are okay,

As for starcomms and Mtn THEY RE THIEVES AND RIP OFFS,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Meaning Of Sixty (60) Computer Related Acronyms You Should Know!! / ✈✳✅ALL AMERICAN USED APPLE MACBOOK PRO & AIR / ALL SOLD!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.