Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu (15958 Views)

Family Of Diezani Alison-madueke Outraged By Dele Momodu's Visit To Her - Lawyer / Fashola And Gen.Olukolade At Anti-terrorism Discussion Hosted By Dele Momodu(Pic / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by 1remendazero(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2012
How i wish d man involved will read dis write up.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2012
Hahaha, I don't trust any of them, they just know what they're doing!
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2012
Momodu and Jarus op-ed on the same day?

Why, it's Xmas on NL.

Jarus, I know you are a great admirer of SLS and have defended him many times here. I am also not a fan of Momodu, I feel nothing for the man but disdain, but as the Yorubas would say 'Ogbon a ma ya inu asiwere lee kan kan'.

In your haste to defend SLS, you have chosen ad hominem over the glaring home runs in the article. You my friend can do so much better.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Odunnu: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2012
maj007: INTRESTINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Space reserved............... (let me justify my pay for today first).
Exactly grin
Egbon Jarus is so angry. I am with Dele on this though.
I'll come back and read again.

1 Like

Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by hbrednic: 9:47am On Sep 25, 2012
Jarus: http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/opinion/48092--momodu-abuse-of-columnism

In any case, even at the nadir of his popularity today, if Sanusi were to contest presidential election, he would surely poll more than one hundred times the miserable 26,000 Momodu returned countrywide in 2011!

Oyewale, a blogger and public commentator, lives in Lagos.

Dele got only 26,000 votes in a presidential election ? grin grin grin
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by ACM10: 9:53am On Sep 25, 2012
hmm. . .
What an impressive show of grammar slugfest! We the common people can never be decieved by the likes of Sanusi and Dele Mamodou. They are different sides of the same coin. Both can be equated to the ruling party and opposition. When a ruling party falls from grace and joins the ranks of opposition. Their next strategy is to whip up sentiments in their bid to become relevant once more. None of them sides with the man on the street.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by yemi2plus(m): 9:53am On Sep 25, 2012
Abeg na who done read all them finish??
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2012
yemi2plus2: Abeg na who done read all them finish??

Should we blame your eyes or IQ
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by oladayo042: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2012
This is getting interesting.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Lendi: 10:02am On Sep 25, 2012
Abeg Jarus, go sitdon for somewhere and make we hear word, you are nothing but an attention seeker

ahahahahah
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Cleverley(m): 10:03am On Sep 25, 2012
Opportunist seeking for attention after the did had been done. .
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by jeezybuck: 10:03am On Sep 25, 2012
Prominent Nigerians we need to stand up and Occupy everywhere. Thank you for a start Dele Momodu
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by ecode1(m): 10:04am On Sep 25, 2012
I so much love those articles. What an insight and an eyes opener on the personality of SLS and Momodu. I need to carry out my research asap then come up with my write up as well. We Nigerians are indeed bad students of History. We are often driven by every wind of what is in the NOW instead of going back to HISTORY. No good information data system as such we had ex-convict as Governor of a State and so much more in elective positions presently. I love this thread.This is indeed educative and interesting. i wish i could only be seeing something like this making the Home page. Good day Nigerians, which way forward?
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 25, 2012
yemi2plus2: Abeg na who done read all them finish??
see as water dey comot for my eye as I dey read the novel.very long and irrelevent topic.am not a fan of SLS but I don't know the reasons behind Dele's write up.something must have warranted him to write that.shebi Dele carry im business go Ghana? He lives in Ghana abi? What has he really contributed in nigeria apart from Ovation Magazine which has only the rich people gracing the pages of the expensive magazine? Abeg he should go and sit down and stop ranting!
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by akpanbaba: 10:11am On Sep 25, 2012
The fact remains that by the time Sanusi is through with CBN and the Banking Industry ,Nigerians will ask for the withdrawal of all the awards given to him.He only brought in sweet poison into banking industry and the poison is killing us gradually.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by tjadeba(m): 10:17am On Sep 25, 2012
MAYOWAAK: Who is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Written by Uche Igwe

Probably the most disturbing is the allegation that Mr. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is both a supporter and sympathiser of religious extremism. Dependable academic sources documented that one Sanusi Lamido Sanusi alleged played a catalytic role in the public beheading of one Mr. Gideon Akaluka in Kano in 1995 on a false allegation of desecrating the Muslim holy book. A 2003 report from the Centre for Human Rights Policy at the Kennedy School Harvard University, United States of America, affirms that this singular event sparked off the religious riots where thousands of Christians were massacred. It was said that Mr. Sanusi was expelled from Kano and locked up in Sokoto prisons for two years by the late Sani Abacha government until his benefactors bailed him out. Now, hang on a minute- could it be the same person or a case of mistaken identity? Who really is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi? A cerebral economist? A reform minded regulator? An ambitious politician? Or an Islamic fundamentalist? The answers to these questions will reveal the real personality of the head of the apex bank and can give ordinary Nigerians fresh insights as to what the next move of the Dan Majen Kano may be.

http://transparencyng.com/index.php/contributions/60-guest/7141-who-is-sanusi-lamido-sanusi

MAYOWAAK: President Jonathan Should Sack Sanusi Now! By Eghes Eyieyien

So what happened? Sanusi's imposition of his wrong-headed, illegal, unconstitutional, Malaysia-style Islamic Banking policy exposed him as an Islamist. I subsequently also became aware of his inglorious role in the infamous Kano religious riot which culminated in the beheading of Gideon Akaluka in 1996 and for which he was incarcerated for two years in Sokoto Prison by the government of Gen. Sani Abacha. This vital factual information is, understandable not disclosed in any of his profiles. The Senate was misled by late President Umaru Yar'adua (who ensured that this information was not highlighted in his Security Report) to confirm him as the CBN Governor. I have challenged Sanusi publicly to come clean on this issue or sue me if I have maligned him!

Moreover, his incompetence, profligacy (he now wants CBN to be sponsoring the Super Eagles!! LOL!!) and inane monetary policies have damaged the financial services sector and badly affected our nation's economy.

President Goodluck Jonathan should sack this guy before he does even more damage! It has now reached a crisis point. And the time to act is NOW!!

God bless Nigeria!

http://www.proshareng.com/news/18331/President-Jonathan-Should-Sack-Sanusi-Now

How true is this allegation?

1 Like

Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Joey82(m): 10:21am On Sep 25, 2012
I am not an ardent fan of SLS but i must admit I'm surprised at peeps calling momodu's write up a brilliant one.
Momodu ended up saying nothing new, every thing he said, we've known and heard before.
Ordinarily a good write up should counter SLS economic policies with sound economic arguments.
everything momodu wrote about was either political or shallow argued, too bad even not as an economist he woulda taken time to research some economic policies and point out where SLS went constitutionally wrong.
like I said earlier am no fan of SLS, not just that, i hate lazy journalism.
Mr momodu next time try to say something new jor.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Jeezy: 10:30am On Sep 25, 2012
superior1: @ Jarus, I think you are over rating your relevance besides the fact that some of us noticed your romance with Sanusi. I do not entirely agree with Dele's article, infact I think Dele is an hypocrite to say the least but then we need people (even with questionable characters) to talk some sense into that arrogant Emperor Sanusi.

What article have you written to project the opinion of the masses on the 5000 naira single note beyond your supposed phone call with him (Sanusi) which amounts to nonsense in my opinion.

[b]Abeg Jarus, go sitdon for somewhere and make we hear word, you are nothing but an attention seeker
[/b]

Ouch! grin
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by omafones: 10:49am On Sep 25, 2012
Joey82: I am not an ardent fan of SLS but i must admit I'm surprised at peeps calling momodu's write up a brilliant one.
Momodu ended up saying nothing new, every thing he said, we've known and heard before.
Ordinarily a good write up should counter SLS economic policies with sound economic arguments.
everything momodu wrote about was either political or shallow argued, too bad even not as an economist he woulda taken time to research some economic policies and point out where SLS went constitutionally wrong.
like I said earlier am no fan of SLS, not just that, i hate lazy journalism.
Mr momodu next time try to say something new jor

Bang on point, for instance the call for GEJ to sack Sanusi, is this constitutionally possible, isn't the CBN suppose to be independent?
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by cjfavour(m): 10:51am On Sep 25, 2012
I didnt hear of his 1996 act and prison story till today.SLS used to be my hero till at a point i saw through him. I still remember when Christine Largarde calld him d most intelligent man in nigeria and i said no to that bt one sagamite here in nairaland upbraided me bt today,SAGAMITE is d fool he wanted me to be. I'v bn calling for his sack and will nt stop until he's removed.GEJ SACK THIS MAN NOW PLSSSSS!!!! Give a damn for once.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by DTaj: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2012
@Jarus, your piece: "Momodu: Abuse of columnism" is so apt...I'm also writing one and it should be published in the dailies in a few days. Momodu's column of last weekend was the most watery journalism piece I have ever read! He writes terribly bad, but the one on Sanusi was the nadir of stupidity. The guy should just shut up and face his glorified photography job at Ovation!

For all of Sanusi's weakness in having a caustic tongue and less diplomacy, well informed people, especially those very familiar with the internal activities of the banking industry (either at operators' level, Bankers' Committee, Monetary Policy Committee- MPC, Economic Management Team- EMT), etc know that Sanusi knows his onions, and is eminently qualified to assume his CBN role.

HISTORY WILL BE VERY KIND ON SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI! Some daft, ignorant, tribalistic, uninformed commentators will praise Sanusi after his exit in 2014 (mark my word).
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by tunapawizzy: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2012
Excellent piece from DeleMomodu....but sincerely is Momodu any better than the other thieves? No. At least when they steal our money, he celebrates them on the pages of his ovation and collect the stolen money from them. And what point is he trying to make about the sacked bank CEOs ....did they not use bank funds for their personal use? Is Momodu fighting on behalf of his benefactors? Yes Sanusi get agenda we all know, but dele shldnt paint a picture like those sacked bank MDs we wrongly dismissed. Just like HIM and Sanusi, they are thieves.
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by tjadeba(m): 11:05am On Sep 25, 2012
DTaj: @Jarus, your piece: "Momodu: Abuse of columnism" is so apt...I'm also writing one and it should be published in the dailies in a few days. Momodu's column of last weekend was the most watery journalism piece I have ever read! He writes terribly bad, but the one on Sanusi was the nadir of stupidity. The guy should just shut up and face his glorified photography job at Ovation!

For all of Sanusi's weakness in having a caustic tongue and less diplomacy, well informed people, especially those very familiar with the internal activities of the banking industry (either at operators' level, Bankers' Committee, Monetary Policy Committee- MPC, Economic Management Team- EMT), etc know that Sanusi knows his onions, and is eminently qualified to assume his CBN role.

HISTORY WILL BE VERY KIND ON SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI! Some daft, ignorant, tribalistic, uninformed commentators will praise Sanusi after his exit in 2014 (mark my word).

How will history be kind to this man if truly he was involved in the killing of Gideon Akaluka? He needs to defend himself fast on this allegation if it is a fabrication
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Olaone1: 11:13am On Sep 25, 2012
undecided
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by emilyone(f): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2012
pot calling kettle black!
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Limaoscar: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
I'm still watching....Seun, this thread must not close prematurely.

As much as I do not like Dele's ramblings on several issues, this one actually calls for some real read and scrutiny of the CBN Gov. The other article by the gentle man who says SLS is an Ex boy of his high school also brought to fore some twist to the character of this ubiquitous figure called Sanusi. Is He an Islamic fundamentalist? Does He have a hidden agenda to Islamise Nigeria? Is He just some arrogant incompetent Northerner trying to hide His real troubles? Why was He pushing the Islamic bank thing in such a fast and furious manner? Is He vindictive and unforgiven, Is he a typical Northerner who has no respect for a southern "infidel" in power? ....why is the Dollar perpetually slapping our Naira ever since He took office as CBN Gov.? why did He suddenly come up with N5000 note after mis-leading us to believe He was obsessed with us becoming a cash-less society?, why, ehn...why?
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by ypzilanti: 12:24pm On Sep 25, 2012
I used to like Sanusi, but after his lack of empathy and sympathy to his staff that died in Dana Air crash by turbaning the next week and further going to office in his traditional regalia to pose, I know he is just a sadistic individual. There is no excuse for that behavior.

1 Like

Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by spiaggia: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/opinion/48092--momodu-abuse-of-columnism

Momodu: Abuse of columnism

Written by Suraj Oyewale Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Give me a good piece, nicely crafted in fine language and you have made my day. This is why opinion and column pages of newspapers attract me more than any other part of a newspaper. There are columnists in Nigeria whose weekly columns I have not missed for many years. I buy newspapers because of columnists and my good friends in Thisday will forgive me if I confess that Dele Momodu is the reason I stopped buying Saturday editions of the paper since 2010. There are a number of Nigerian columnists I don’t agree with, but that fact doesn’t stop me from reading them, but not Momodu. And the reason is simple: I can’t stand men that don’t stand for anything and will easily fall for anything.

The popularisation of the Social Media has given rise to a number of emergency activists in recent time. From Facebook to twitter, these pretenders are there, taking advantage of the public mood, pretending to be on the side of the masses. If Dino ‘Mike Tyson’ Melaye thought we had forgotten how he was captured on live TV shamelessly punching a woman co-member of the lower chamber just two years ago, then we can forgive Femi Fani-Kayode for suddenly finding his voice as a freelance activist. After all, it’s been more than five years that he has lost his national relevance and eagerly needs attention again. Malam Nasir el-Rufai, even if ahead of these fellows in terms of performance while in office, also needs to watch his twitter activities as his needless attacks on the current administration is becoming boring and worn out, and even in unmoderated cyberspace, decency calls for moderation.

But while the above mentioned emergency activists’ activities are more on the social media, Momodu, in addition to his thoughtless twitter postings, also has a formal medium, his Saturday column in Thisday, to himself to lecture us on governance and people. Until recently, Momodu hardly wrote on politics. His turf is entertainment and I have no business with that – that is his choice. Week in, week out, if Momodu is not praising Ghana, he is entertaining us with how he sat in the fourth row in Michael Jackson’s burial service, how he spoke with Mike Adenuga the night before, how he visited MKO Abiola in London, how he visited Siberia or Djibouti, how he fought during the Liberia war, or how he owned a Limousine. But the few times Momodu’s pendulum swings to politics and political economy, one wonders whether he would not have done better staying in his entertainment and photography turf. Among such days was Saturday, September 22, 2012.

Someone had posted an article entitled ‘The Bully called Sanusi’ in an online discussion forum without referencing the author. My quick googling of the original article directed me to Thisday website and I saw the article as Momodu’s. I had expected Momodu to do better this time round, given the fact that there is a very good case to disagree with CBN governor Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in his current proposed but now suspended currency restructuring exercise – an exercise I also hold is not well-advised. But rather than Momodu dealing with the substance of the matter this time round, he continued from where he stopped in 2009 when Sanusi sacked two of his celebrity friends in the banking industry. In an article he wrote in 2009, Momodu, while subtly admitting patronage from two of the sacked bank bosses for his magazine business, chided SLS for his kamikaze reforms. To Momodu, it is no crime to empty depositors’ monies, inasmuch as such looters patronise his photography business. After all, he saw no wrong in promoting Babangida and Abacha’s ill-acquired opulence in his magazine for the right prices. Thankfully, he did not find corruption in SLS’s baggage – the common denominator of all his (Momodu’s) patrons in both the private and public sectors.

Momodu wrote: “He (Sanusi) needed to disguise his real intentions and motives by taking on an entire institution and sacking otherwise brilliant bankers in the process”. Even after one of Momodu’s ‘brilliant bankers’ owed up to stealing the funds and judicially accepting to forfeit assets in addition to paying back N191 billion, to Momodu, the matter is still a case of witch-hunting and disguised motive. Whatever is Sanusi’s motive, Momodu should be bold enough to admit his benefactors’ thievery. That is when we can begin to take him seriously.

The currency redenomination proposal, for all its benefits, doesn’t sound convincing enough to me as well-advised, but Sanusi not getting it right this time doesn’t diminish the good things he had done in the past, especially instilling sanity in our financial system. So the old music of ‘hidden agenda’, as sung by the likes of Momodu since 2009, is faded and if Dele’s mission is to take advantage of the current public sentiments against Sanusi to revise history, he has failed woefully.

Momodu also made a veiled attempt to set Sanusi against his boss, President Goodluck Jonathan. Even though this is not new, as a serving Senator even made a more direct remark in that regard recently, the analysis is an orchestrated mis-read of events. If anything, the hesitation exercised by the President before finally succumbing to socio-political pressure to suspend Sanusi’s policy only shows the President still has confidence in the CBN leadership.

Expectedly, Momodu did not fail to lend his voice to the pepper soup joint talk about Sanusi’s presidential ambition. No serious media will take that seriously, because it doesn’t take personal knowledge to know Sanusi fares better as a critic than as a politician and clearly not the type that will climb the podium to dish out those lies called electoral manifestoes as it is done in this part of the world. Above all, he has never hidden his ultimate ambition in life.

In any case, even at the nadir of his popularity today, if Sanusi were to contest presidential election, he would surely poll more than one hundred times the miserable 26,000 Momodu returned countrywide in 2011!

He who lives in glass house should not throw stone.

Oyewale, a blogger and public commentator, lives in Lagos.

Dear Oyewale,

While not being a fan of Momodu, I must state that in your bias you are also guilty of throwing away the baby with the bath water. Momodu has made some salient points and this should be noted. First, the way and manner in which Sanusi conducts the business of governing the CBN leaves a great al to be desired. This can be seen is some of his actions and utterances which to say the least are provocative. His championing of sectional causes such as his reason for the Boko haram uprising and him attributing it to the revenue formulae is unsettling. He spoke then not as a CBN governor but rather as a Boko haram spokesman.

Then there is the issue of his partiality and unilateral donation of money to victims of Boko haram bombings. I can go on and on but let me just end by saying that perharps since Okotie Ebohs first republic show of ethnic garb, Sanusi's appearance as a Prince of Sokoto in full traditional and Islamic garb just tells you how this man's brain functions. This is not helped by The former FCT minister, El Rufai's recent recent praise of SLS as the only brain in the entire Federal Government. What position do you think Rufai is promoting SLS for?

I
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by preciousoz: 12:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
*hiss*

Makes no difference, if all these write ups are done because of 2015, We Nigerians are Smarter and know Whom to cast our Votes for.

All these Rented Hands with track record of conivance and extremism should quit and stop this Image battery and Laundering.

Keep your Grammar to yourselves.

#untomoreimportantissues
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by truth4meal(m): 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
MAYOWAAK: Who is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Written by Uche Igwe

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the Dan Majen of Kano must be both saddened and probably shocked wherever he is now. I do not know the Central Bank Governor in person. I saw him first at the annual meeting of African Development Bank in Abidjan in 2010 and then in Washington DC earlier in the year but did not get to chat with him. However, since he was appointed the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, I have been following his utterances and actions cautiously and methodically.

slsOne must admit he has taken some steps which portrayed him as a man with enormous guts and convictions. The sack and subsequent prosecution of Managing Directors of five banks suggest that Mr. Sanusi could bring an end to ‘business-as-usual’ practices in the Nigerian banking industry. Furthermore, the man called SLS by his admirers never shied away from public debates as it can be said to be to his credit that the debate about the salaries of federal lawmakers was brought to the public domain.

Both in 2010 and 2011, Emerging Markets Magazine named him the World’s Central Bank Governor of the year. In 2011, Times Magazine voted him as one of the 100 most influential people in the world while Forbes magazine voted him as Africa’s person of the year. These are no mean achievements that both his admirers and critics must acknowledge. But I am not carried away by them. Lest I forget, SLS has also till date procured about five honorary doctorate degrees for himself from five Nigerian Universities. Though the fact remains that these are no mean achievements either, there are so many things about the apex bank governor that deserve urgent clarification.

Many observers have raised justifiable reservations about his academic qualifications pointing to the fact that SLS may not be as qualified and may only be posturing. But that is by the way. His seeming knack for controversy has caused observers to continue to probe into his background to raise questions about whether Mr. Sanusi is using his position to advance national interest or a sectional one. His stubborn insistence on introducing Islamic banking and his controversial donation of 100 million naira to the Muslim victims of Kano bomb blasts partly confirmed rumours that continued to lurk around his personality. Never mind that he ran back to donate 25 million (one quarter of what he gave in Kano) to the Christian victims in Madala, Niger State in an effort to cover his shame.

Here is a man who conducted himself as though the Central Bank that he heads is a republic of its own even under the nose of a sitting President. You can take this to the bank. The main reason behind every conduct of Mr. Sanusi might be the fact that he is fully aware that he is not qualified and he is doing everything humanly possible to cover up his deficiencies. Although SLS has a bachelor’s degree in Economics, most of his writings before his appointment have been Sharia legal system only. Though Section 8 of the CBN Act is not explicit about the meaning of ‘proven integrity and recognised financial experience’, I argue that someone with Sanusi’s credentials could suffice as Governor in the sixties not in the era of globalization. One must continue to wonder the sort of system that throws up people who are relatively unknown to sensitive national positions based mainly on geographical considerations. I recall that Mr. Sanusi was nominated to that position at a time when the word cabal was probably the most important word in the Nigerian polity and that partly justifies the way he carried himself even after the cabal publicly lost out in the vicious power game. Both his utterances, his pattern of donations, even his policies sound like they are predesigned to make a particular section of the country comfortable and happy. A more objective and rigorous scrutiny of the actions carried out by SLS will reveal his ‘reforms’ might turn out to be one of the most unprofessional and whimsical consolidation exercises that have ever been conducted in the history of banking in Nigeria. Mr. Sanusi might have denied his rumoured Presidential ambition, but the trajectory of his new found philanthropy has sold him out. He will go down in history as one man who has made the highest amount of discretionary donations with public funds.

Probably the most disturbing is the allegation that Mr. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is both a supporter and sympathiser of religious extremism. Dependable academic sources documented that one Sanusi Lamido Sanusi alleged played a catalytic role in the public beheading of one Mr. Gideon Akaluka in Kano in 1995 on a false allegation of desecrating the Muslim holy book. A 2003 report from the Centre for Human Rights Policy at the Kennedy School Harvard University, United States of America, affirms that this singular event sparked off the religious riots where thousands of Christians were massacred. It was said that Mr. Sanusi was expelled from Kano and locked up in Sokoto prisons for two years by the late Sani Abacha government until his benefactors bailed him out. Now, hang on a minute- could it be the same person or a case of mistaken identity? Who really is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi? A cerebral economist? A reform minded regulator? An ambitious politician? Or an Islamic fundamentalist? The answers to these questions will reveal the real personality of the head of the apex bank and can give ordinary Nigerians fresh insights as to what the next move of the Dan Majen Kano may be.

http://transparencyng.com/index.php/contributions/60-guest/7141-who-is-sanusi-lamido-sanusi
this is what you get when a bigot knows how to string words - vain effort at character murder;a blatant literary suicide...bunkum!
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Olaone1: 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Whether we like it or not, Sanusi's ego has been dealt with by the presidency. His ego was bruised by GEJ

His relevance, importance and charisma have been badly dealt with. It will NEVER remain the same for him again!
Re: The Bully Called Sanusi By Dele Momodu by Pukkah: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2012
Dele Momodu's write-up is a good one at least from a literary perspective although most of the issues raised therein are not new. There is hardly any of it that has not been debated on this forum. Just a few days ago, I had cause to comment on Sanusi's love for controversy and attention in addition to unbridled arrogance, brashness and rudeness. Sanusi is his own enemy and many people, especially his public admirers, don't really 'know' him very well.

This is why I find it curious that 'Suraj Oyewale' is sticking out his neck all because of a controversial figure like Sanusi. My advice for you is to defend policies/issues and not be a fanatical follower of any public figure. There is more to all this that meets the eye than your pen can see. Recall that I pointed out to you on another thread to stop beating your chest that Sanusi is not interested in politics?

In trying to defend Sanusi, you went a bit too far and became guilty of what Momodu himself was guilty of - personal attacks or argumentum ad hominem. Why voluntarily and freely enmesh yourself in a fight which 'real reasons' you may not know? Why go to the extent of taking potshots at Babangida, Abacha and those 'brilliant' bankers because of Sanusi? Out there, the plot of what you are seeing is thick and the web is complex and I think you should not plunge into it except you want to dive into it because of yourself (convictions, principles, etc) and not because of anybody.

If you wish to be an activist, whether on Twitter or wherever, carve your own niche and be your own man. Unless there is also more to this, I wonder what you stand to gain by being known as Sanusi's man.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ribadu, Orosanye Argue Before Jonathan / Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee / CAN Slams Gadunje Over Threat To Sue Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.