Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:00 AM

Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee (16003 Views)

Apc Screening Committee Disqualifies Uche Ekwunife. / "APC Senators Betrayed Us By Screening Amaechi"..PDP Caucus / PDP South South Screening Committee Disqualifies 13 Aspirants (2) (3) (4)

Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
Committee offers second chance

The screening panel mandated by the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) to interview aspirants on its platform for the November 16 governorship election on Friday disqualified six aspirants including, Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo.

A statement signed by the Chairman of the Gubernatorial Screening panel, Alhaji Tayo Sowunmi, secretary, Mr. Ifeanyi Mbaeri and a member, Chief Onwuka Ukwa, disclosed that six aspirant’s failed the test, while seven scaled through.

The panel said the aspirants have been notified as to the reasons for their non-clearance in the provisional certificate issued to them after the exercise.

However, the unsuccessful aspirants have been given another chance, as they have the opportunity to appear before an appeal panel presided by Chief Tony Ojielo today.

Aside the former Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, others who failed the screening include Mr. Emmanuel Nweke, Ogbuefi Tony Nnaechetta, Mr. Chinedu Francis Idigo, Dr. Chike Obidigbo and Mr. Oseloka Obaze.

DailyPost gathered that part of the reasons the panel cited are the non-presentation of voter’s card, lack of evidence of sufficient financial clout to carry out a governorship campaign and incomplete tax documents.

The seven successful aspirants are: Hon. Chukwuemeka Emmanuel Nwogbo, Mr. Paul Odenigbo, Hon. Uche Lillian Ekwunife, Chief Willie Obiano, Mr. John Nwosu, Mr. John Okechukwu Emeka and Nwachi Patrick Obianwu.

Reacting, Soludo in a statement issued by his media aide, Mr. Bonaventure Melah, said he would accept the party’s decision and also remain a loyal member.

“Our attention has been drawn to the news that the APGA three-man screening panel for gubernatorial aspirants has not cleared Professor Chukwuma Soludo and five other aspirants. I called to inform him of the development and he had a good laugh.

“Without knowing the reason for the decision, he stated that he accepts whatever decision the party takes. He said that he has joined APGA to help build it into a formidable political party and will keep his eyes on that objective,” Melah said.

The panel gave the names of the seven aspirants who were successful: Hon. Chukwuemeka Emmanuel Nwogbo, Mr. Paul Odenigbo, Hon. Uche Lillian Ekwunife, Chief Willie Obiano, Mr. John Nwosu, Mr. John Okechukwu Emeka and Nwachi Patrick Obianwu.

Sixteen aspirants had picked APGA’s expression of interest form and nomination form, but only 13 returned their forms and faced the screening panel.
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/17/soludo-others-fail-apga-screening-appeal-committee-offers-second-chance/
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by mrking3(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Case closed!!!
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
Soludo and others are more likely to be cleared today
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Clerverly: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
chukwudi44: Soludo and others are more likely to be cleared today

Guy calm down! Heart attack... Soludo de solution is a goner tongue I mean an arsenal fan.. Bwhahahahahaha. Ngige all the way! Onwa na-etiri oha nke mbu. N' Anambra Steti! Chiri ga wa na Jesus Kwu gi n'azu grin

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
Clerverly:

Guy calm down! Heart attack... Soludo de solution is a goner tongue I mean an arsenal fan.. Bwhahahahahaha. Ngige all the way! Onwa na-etiri oha nke mbu. N' Anambra Steti! Chiri ga wa na Jesus Kwu gi n'azu grin

OLODO YOUR JUBILATION WAS PREMATURE

18 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Am sure Obi cannot betray Soludo just like that. grin enemies are fuming now

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Zonacom(m): 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
Oseloka obaze too failed the test? Funny!
I bet they would be recalled
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by soloxxng: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
k lets see
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
WTF
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by meforyou1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
Shame to bad people. Soludo solution for anambraians come shine or high water
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by ifenadi(m): 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2013
i was reliably informed that part of the reason for the disqualification was that they refused to pay a compulsory 10m naira for cola. They initially thought it was a trap but most of them will pay the money today and will be cleared.

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by henrychubayo: 3:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
Am not from Anambara state but Soludo I feel should be the governor. That guy can change the economic situuation of that state and make it another dubai in africa. Its better for Anambara and better for east as a whole. Soludo should be the governor cause he knows wat to do d bring Anambara to the place I want it to be. With the seaport and international airport in view, we need such ppl to arrange the Economy well well. Plz vote for success and not for money. Again am not from that state but I have a strong feelings for him to succeed.

25 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by chino24: 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
I just met one of the PAs to gov who is a personal friend at a function now at Barnhills Resort here in Awka, he confirmed to me that it is a game plan to unsettle the opposition. And again it is part of the larger scheme to give the entire process transparency that is even why Umeh has to appoint a non Igbo to chair the committee. That Obi and Umeh have agreed weeks before to hand Soludo the ticket, but they have to do some of this things to put some people off balance. Soludo will be cleared and he will go on and to get the ticket..that is it in a nutshell. Got the detail off record from a personal friend who is an insider.

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Abagworo(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
Tusky44: Am sure Obi cannot betray Soludo just like that. grin enemies are fuming now

Obi is unpredictable. He might either leave the primaries for the candidates to wriggle there way or give a little support to Obaze. What he did at the last elections stunned his opponents.
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Okeikpu(m): 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
Make una no play dat dirty politix near my wives angry na egbe oka i go use skata una heads sad
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Inik(m): 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
chino24: I just met one of the PAs to gov who is a personal friend at a function now at Barnhills Resort here in Awka, he confirmed to me that it is a game plan to unsettle the opposition. And again it is part of the larger scheme to give the entire process transparency that is even why Umeh has to appoint a non Igbo to chair the committee. That Obi and Umeh have agreed weeks before to hand Soludo the ticket, but they have to do some of this things to put some people off balance. Soludo will be cleared and he will go on and to get the ticket..that is it in a nutshell. Got the detail off record from a personal friend who is an insider.
I just knew that Soludo won't be thrown off like that. He must have gotten assurance of getting the Apga ticket from Peter Obi before decamping from Pdp.

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by chukwy2(m): 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
[quote author=chukwudi44, soludo stands a greater chance of winning more than any other candidate that the party is presenting
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by BabaEleko(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
I guess soludo don agree to the amount wey den say make hin settle them. I don believe anything honest can come out of a Nigerian politician.
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by chino24: 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
Inik:
I just knew that Soludo won't be thrown off like that. He must have gotten assurance of getting the Apga ticket from Peter Obi before decamping from Pdp.

The PA confirmed to me that Soludo has Obi backing 100% but he does not have to show it openly so that other party faithfuls and more especially Anambra north people will not feel betrayed.

Obi is a schemer..I love the guy. He is in control of all these. It is a deal Obi, Umeh, Soludo and Akunili struck weeks ago before the peace initiative was achieved. Soludo had full assurance from Obi and Umeh with the help of Akunyili who happens to be very close ally to Obi and equally a sister inlaw to Soludo.

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by anytexy: 3:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
Which ever way, I wish them hitch free political megalumenia in the forth coming guber electn.
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Jjamah(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
They there not disqualify prof soludo.
Long live soludo de solution!
Long live APGA my people's party
Long live Anambra state!
Long live the entire South-Eastern states!

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by ferdsmart(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
chino24:

The PA confirmed to me that Soludo has Obi backing 100% but he does not have to show it openly so that other party faithfuls and more especially Anambra north people will not feel betrayed.

Obi is a schemer..I love the guy. He is in control of all these. It is a deal Obi, Umeh, Soludo and Akunili struck weeks ago before the peace initiative was achieved. Soludo had full assurance from Obi and Umeh with the help of Akunyili who happens to be very close ally to Obi and equally a sister inlaw to Soludo.
..... ***Interesting**

pls tell us the name of the PA
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by ferdsmart(m): 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
chino24:

Gbam

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by chino24: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
ferdsmart: ..... ***Interesting**

pls tell us the name of the PA

You think am bluffing here..?

Just watch out what will happen next..
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by MrExcel1: 3:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
Lol,

This is getting interesting...

Clerverly:

Onwa n'etiri onye? Ndi Anambra? Keep dreaming.

Ngige shot himself because of Amala and ofe mmanu...

Kama Ngige ga chi Anambra, let Ifeanyi Ubah take over the state. I will prefer a thief to a sellout and traitor, because a traitor nonetheless will steal from you and sell you out to your enemies..

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by ferdsmart(m): 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
chino24:

You think am bluffing here..?

Just watch out what will happen next..

ok. What of Oseloka Obaze and Akunyili?
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by bushwailo: 4:00pm On Aug 17, 2013
chino24:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Look at another dreamer like Soludo.
Soludo's problem is that he has no real party or political affiliations.
And he is broke. grin

Obi needs a loyal governor and u think he will trust Soludo.
I have noticed that Anambrains are good at being delusional.
U rather believe your wishful dreams rather than the stark reality.
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by bushwailo: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
chino24:

What a bunch of unemployed losers. I dint even know they were all related grin grin
If APGA wins in Anambra, then its lights out for Anambra.
Anambra will become even more irrelevant Nationally.
With the state sinking further than before.

Short sighted leaders like Soludo is the reason why Igbo presidency is not remotely close.
You have shameless self professed political prostitute and yet he has followers.
You see how Igbos cause their own problems ?
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by Noblechyk: 4:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
chino24: I just met one of the PAs to gov who is a personal friend at a function now at Barnhills Resort here in Awka, he confirmed to me that it is a game plan to unsettle the opposition. And again it is part of the larger scheme to give the entire process transparency that is even why Umeh has to appoint a non Igbo to chair the committee. That Obi and Umeh have agreed weeks before to hand Soludo the ticket, but they have to do some of this things to put some people off balance. Soludo will be cleared and he will go on and to get the ticket..that is it in a nutshell. Got the detail off record from a personal friend who is an insider.
My uncle laughed immediately he heard d news & said exactly d same thing ur friend just told u.

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by MrExcel1: 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
bushwailo:
What a bunch of unemployed losers. I dint even know they were all related grin grin
If APGA wins in Anambra, then its lights out for Anambra.
Anambra will become even more irrelevant Nationally.
With the state sinking further than before.

Short sighted leaders like Soludo is the reason why Igbo presidency is not remotely close.
You have shameless self professed political prostitute and yet he has followers.
You see how Igbos cause their own problems ?

All this gibberish because you want your sellout Ngige to be governor? Lol, calm your nerves down...
Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by PapaBrowne(m): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
This move is very strategic.
Soludo will be recalled.

The goal is simple.
1)
Create a perception of transparency.
If you read the names of those disqualified, you'll find that the most popular candidates are on that list. Soludo and Obaze. Also, Idigo who is Obi's very personal person was also disqualified. With this, the process has an appearance of transperency right from the start.
Secondly, look at the reasons for disqualification: Tax Clearance, Finance and Voter's card. Even me sef go qualify with these easy barriers.

2)Taint the opponents
By making a South Western Muslim be the disqualifier of Soludo, the impact would be negative on Ngige who is is already seen as a stooge for South Western Muslims in the like of Tinubu.

3 )Popularize Soludo
The newspaper headlines are awash with the disqualification of Soludo. That has put his name at the forefront of the elections. It will get Anambrarians talking. The man will look victimized. And in turn would attract sympathy.

Soludo would be cleared today. She na Tax Clearance and Voters card and Financial capacity them say make im bring. Well a former CBN governor would not have a problem with any of that.

Re: Soludo, Others Offered Second Chance By Screening Committee by wellmax(m): 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
chukwudi44: Soludo and others are more likely to be cleared today
That is exactly what what will happen.

Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary / President Buhari Re-appoints Hadiza Bala Usman As NPA MD, Approves Board Members / Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49