Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,877 members, 7,956,313 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:44 AM

Having Babies Out Of Wedlock - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having Babies Out Of Wedlock (3678 Views)

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? / So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by kobe(m): 10:43am On Jan 15, 2008
Atlanta journals constitution readers have put monica on blast for having a baby out of wedlock.
http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/MusicScene/entries/2008/01/09/atlanta_baby_buzz.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Patrice

January 9, 2008 1:41 PM
Monica is not setting a good example for the youth keep having babies out of wedlock that is not cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Call Me

January 9, 2008 8:10 PM
**Monica, FIRE YOUR PUBLICIST AND MANAGER!!! THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS. CALL ME AND I WILL BE YOUR MENTOR!

770.777.9311**

By PYT

January 9, 2008 6:56 PM
I am a HUGE fan of Monica. However, when you have young girls looking to you as a role model, you must lead by example. it does not look good for Monica being an unwed mother with 2 children and singing about life and speaking in communities about education and being successful. Monica is showing poor role modeling skills.

By Trojan

January 11, 2008 9:59 PM
Ain’t her step daddy a Reverend? I know one thing, her baby daddy spends all his money in the strip clubs. He better save that money and buy some condoms, diapers and wipes.

By Daisy

January 11, 2008 10:02 PM
OMG! That’s bad. Her step father a Reverend and she is spreading her legs and having babies out of wedlock. That is bad. Not a good look Monica.

By lavender

January 9, 2008 2:23 PM
Monica has two kids out of wedlock and several years back she had an abortion. She’s no role model at all.

By Deana

January 9, 2008 2:00 PM
I agree Patrice, how great of an example…. What is really going with this generation? BTW notagain, I am dissapointed by the fact that this generation cares nothing about respect for themselves or anyone else for that matter and I don’t care how much her paycheck is, it doesn’t substitute for those children being legally called b******* because their parents aren’t responsible. No amount of money can remove that title.

By Chris

January 9, 2008 9:48 PM
I hate to say it but Monica is looking like she’s just a rich hoodrat from Zone 3… She needs to have a talk with her publicist…

By AN EDUCATED BLACK MAN

January 9, 2008 2:45 PM
It amazes me how the black women here just brush off having babies as a blessing of God. I personally believe God is not pleased with none of this. The evidence of the baby not only shows that Monica is a person of know morals. But it also shows that she is easy, loose, and just a ghetto “hoochie Mama” (x2). I don’t care how much money she has, money can’t buy morals. Monica can’t even at this point say she didn’t mean to get pregnant. THIS IS HER SECOND BABY !!!!. She’s just a Ho with money.

By Angela

January 9, 2008 3:57 PM
I will say this about Monica though, first time shame on you, second time shame on me. Monica, please let this be the last baby you have out of wedlock. You should think more of yourself and want more for yourself than to continue having children out of wedlock!

By Kimmie

January 10, 2008 5:10 AM
another black child born out of wedlock. how wonderful

By JT

January 9, 2008 2:25 PM
Congrats Monica!!!! How unique and awesome of you to have a baby out of wedlock!! That’s so fine! And a boy too? Will you be grooming him to join the Crips or the Bloods? I need to know so I know whether to send something blue or something red…,

Such ghetto lifestyles are the misery of our people.

By flower

January 9, 2008 2:12 PM
When is enough, enough. Please quit glamorizing those in the spotlight who continue make poor decisions. There is no difference between Monica and anyone else who continues to have children out of wedlock, except maybe you continue to publish it. She eveidently is afraid to make a commitment to herself and to family.

By Ihatepoiliticalcorrectness

January 9, 2008 2:19 PM
Just another incident where “money can’t buy class.”

You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but it’s hard to get the ghetto out of the girl.

By Elroy Cohen

January 9, 2008 2:37 PM
“God must be so proud”? What bible are you reading?! Evidently your copy doesn’t mention anything about fornication. In any event, if Monica wants another kid, I’ll gladly give her what she deserves. I can be reached at 281 330-8004. Peace.

By WeedMan

January 9, 2008 3:06 PM
Monica, you are no Britney Spears. However you both need a “HIT”

By Please

January 9, 2008 3:06 PM
IGNORANT GHETTO MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Tina B

January 9, 2008 4:34 PM
This is what I got to say about this situation in general….Too many mamas…not enough wives. No further comments.

By Mark

January 9, 2008 5:20 PM
Man, She’s loose. Maybe I could come down to the ATL after 6 weeks and get some.

By AnotherIllegitimateKid

January 9, 2008 7:49 PM
Is it any surprise that the AJC is spotlighting another illegitimate child of another rapper? Does she even know the Daddy’s name? After all, the AJCs favorite son, TI, has 5 kids with several different women, and he’s only 26 yrs old. Ever heard of a condom TI, Soulja Boy,Monica, Kim Porter, Diddy,so on and so forth…,

By Clark

January 9, 2008 3:40 PM
Another single mom, hardly something to celebrate….keep going Monica, go for three, continue being a role model for the people

By ESR

January 9, 2008 3:23 PM
Another unwed black baby momma. Have blacks ever heard of getting married first? What’s the avergae age a black girl loses her virginity, it must be at about age 10. The jungle has it’s own set of values I suppose.

By Money

January 9, 2008 3:26 PM
* QUit making excuses about having kids out of wedlock. Why do we have condoms* She should use some of that money and buy a pack. If I had her address I would send her a case. But it is too late anyway

By So Sorry,

January 9, 2008 2:39 PM
I see a lot of ignorant black people on here, glorifying out-of-wedlock births like its a good thing.

As a black man born out of wedlock, and as someone who is aware of the disadvantages of being raised by a single mother,I say shame on you for your pathetic ignorance.

That kind of pathetic mindset is why 65% of black kids are now born out of wedlock…and the social consequences are ENORMOUS.

By TEE

January 9, 2008 2:28 PM
I agree- although motherhood is a beautiful thing- continuing to procreate outside of wedlock is unacceptable. We are accepting anything in this day and age. I am glad that my mom taught me to first be able to have a real, sustainable relationship ( as in marriage ), with a good man BEFORE I started popping out his babies!

By Mommyto2

January 9, 2008 3:18 PM
CAN YOU SAY BIRTH CONTROL, PEOPLE?

By ESR

Another unwed black baby momma. Have blacks ever heard of getting married first? What’s the avergae age a black girl loses her virginity, it must be at about age 10. The jungle has it’s own set of values I suppose.

By LTS

January 9, 2008 4:25 PM
Why spotlight this kinda garbage? UGH!!! How about some POSITIVE news? Having babies - being unmarried - is not a positive thing and sets a poor example for our youth!

By Kinsman Redemmer

January 9, 2008 2:23 PM
Planned Parenting at it’s worse
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by ifyalways(f): 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2008
her life to live undecided

@ topic,having babies outside wedlock is not the best/ideal but i hail the ladies that were brave enough to say no to the butchers knife .
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by adeboo(f): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2008
@ Poster, i dont think u were supposed to copy the comments.

Anyways, it is wrong for young stars to have kids outta wedlock, because they are setting a bad example for the kids that idolize them.

I am a single parent and i had ma child outta wedlock, and its real hard especially watching ur baby have no father figure - whereas all her friends have fathers.
I will never do so again, the next one i ave, oh ma goodness i will so be with the father.
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by almondjoy(f): 7:23am On Jan 16, 2008
To each his own.  If you can deal with being a single parent, power to the men and women. I do not think I can and I pray that God never puts me in that kind of situation. 

ifyalways:

her life to live undecided

@ topic,having babies outside wedlock is not the best/ideal but i hail the ladies that were brave enough to say no to the butchers knife .

Well spoken.  I hail the men too who say no to the butchers' knives also. kiss

SAY NO TO ABORTION!!!!!!----Gosh! I can't stand it!!!! angry
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by yemivictor: 11:58am On Jul 08, 2008
adeboo:

@ Poster, i don't think u were supposed to copy the comments.

Anyways, it is wrong for young stars to have kids out of wedlock, because they are setting a bad example for the kids that idolize them.

I am a single parent and i had ma child out of wedlock, and its real hard especially watching your baby have no father figure - whereas all her friends have fathers.
I will never do so again, the next one i ave, oh ma goodness i will so be with the father.

I'm really suprised to hear this & i'm also sorry! sad

Did the chap bail out on you or something!? undecided
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by Ndipe(m): 11:57pm On Jul 13, 2008
Monica is married according to this site
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0036571/bio
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by lucabrasi(m): 12:55am On Jul 14, 2008
kobe:

Congrats Monica!!!! How unique and awesome of you to have a baby out of wedlock!! That’s so fine! And a boy too? Will you be grooming him to join the Crips or the Bloods? I need to know so I know whether to send something blue or something red…,

By ESR

wow wow,this is realli cold GOD will deliver black people from these racists,
@topic
its not good especially if the baby dad is not around,but i think diffrent challenges must have brough the situation about unless its multiple kids for multiple dads or if the girl/woman has loose morals
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by SoWhat77(f): 3:55am On Jul 14, 2008
I found that to be so funny I almost fell out of my chair! Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade! Maybe he should send her somthing orange! Isnt that the prison color now? Just joking
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2008

That made me laugh grin

It's not good to stereotype at all but at the end of the day they're there because this stuff happens way to much for it to be negligible.
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2008
Syren whats ?
met u today
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
Been a long time doe. I can never find you  grin
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2008
how are u and where ve u been?
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2008
I'm doing ok, taking it one day at a time as we said wink A few things getting me down but I keep on going.

I should be asking you that question, mr invisible, I never see you on here. angry grin
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2008
my laptop ll soon go off i m in d car i ll on again when i get home
see u then
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
ok then, i'll see u later  smiley
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
doe, I can see you wink

how r u? You always seem busy?
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2008
yeah baby
how was ur day?
syren:

how r u? You always seem busy?

trying to catch up with time and season, u know now?
sorry 4 the other day
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2008
u always steel in and out.
when is ur best time online?
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2008
doe82:

yeah baby
how was your day?
trying to catch up with time and season, u know now?
sorry for the other day

That's ok, you must work really hard, I don't want to distract you  smiley

But remember, take it easy. It applies to both of us.  wink

My day was good how was yours?

doe82:

u always steel in and out.
when is your best time online?

mmmh between 7 and 9 that's when I relax.
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2008
distract?
noooooo, nothing like that.

syren:

But remember, take it easy. It applies to both of us. wink

i ll always remember.lol
syren:

My day was good how was yours?

Mine was cool.good 2 hear u had a good day

syren:

mmmh between 7 and 9 that's when I relax.

i ll always b on the look out 4 then,
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2008
so tell me whats new?
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2008
doe82:

so tell me whats new?

Nothing much, work is getting better but I don't like my boss.

Do you have any hobbies?
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by ifyalways(f): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2008
almondjoy:
To each his own.  If you can deal with being a single parent, power to the men and women. I do not think I can and I pray that God never puts me in that kind of situation. 
Well spoken.  I hail the men too who say no to the butchers' knives also. kiss
SAY NO TO ABORTION!!!!!!----Gosh! I can't stand it!!!! angry
wink
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2008
syren:

Nothing much, work is getting better but I don't like my boss.

Do you have any hobbies?
thats a serious one, try to i thionk ikt ll help u in d job
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by syren: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2008
doe82:

thats a serious one, try to i thionk ikt ll help u in d job

im tryin o, i really am but he's not easy to work with.

Any way, hobbies?

Doe?
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2008
I can feel your pulse,its not easy when u re working wt a difficult boss.
the best way to handle it is to do ur job professionally and pretend he is not there.Once u do your job, he ll have nothing against u.
I wish u d best, ope to meet u again soon
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by doe82: 8:02am On Sep 16, 2008
taking about hobbies
dont think one still has free time these days
when i do, i spend it wt friends,play scrabble,listen to music,game,watch good movies or read a good book.

what abut u,,hobbies?
Re: Having Babies Out Of Wedlock by tpia2005: 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
adeboo:

I am a single parent and i had ma child outta wedlock, and its real hard especially watching ur baby have no father figure - whereas all her friends have fathers.
I will never do so again

i wish these girls would listen?

(1) (Reply)

How To Know A Husband Beater And Abuser / Would You Wait For Your Unmarried Elder Brother/sister Before U Marry? / Empty Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.