Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) (19396 Views)

Archbishop, Imam Join Hands To Diffuse CAR Violence / Egypt Teacher Cuts Hair Of Schoolgirls For Not Wearing Muslim Hijab / Israeli Authorities Prevent 17 Palestinians From Getting Necessary Eye Surgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Timijo(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
According to the bible, if your eyes will lead you to sin, pluck it out! and that is exactly what Egyptian, Ali Afifi did only he didn’t pluck out his eyes but cut off his hands from his wrists.
Ali took the severe decision following his inability to stop stealing and the feeling of guilt that comes over him after every act of theft.
In a situation he described asa ‘battle pitched’ against the devil, Afifi, 27, went to the main train station in the western Egyptian town of Tanta four years ago and waited for the train to approach where he was before dipping his hands under its wheels as hundredsof other train passengers watched in horror.
Following the shock of what happened, Afifi’s father sent him to an assylum. Following his release, Afifi sought the help of a local Islamic scholar to assist in chopping off the other wrist but the man refused citing the fact that he was not a ruler nor in a position to make that decision.
Rather, the Islamic scholar advised him to repent and seek God’s help. Left with no other choice, Afifi decided to carry out the act by himself. According to him(Afifi), “when I was finally released from theassylum a few months ago, I cut the other hand off to make sure I’ll never steal again.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/09/bizarre-27-year-old-man-cuts-off-his-own-hands-to-prevent-him-from-stealing.html

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Timijo(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by kariolality: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
That guy will never become somebody in life again...How will he eat,dress,defend,drive,DO THINGS e.t.c...

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Timijo(m): 3:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
kariolality: That guy will never become somebody in live again...How will he eat,dress,defend,drive,DO THINGS e.t.c...
That is it.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by maclatunji: 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
Not funny.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by manmustwac(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
SENSELESS!!!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by mickey5000(m): 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ignorance.

It was not his hand that was at fault. the nature and ability to steal is in him. now that the hands are gone, i'm very sure that he will still have the urge to steal and would find a way to do it without his hands.

What he needed was to practice to discipline himself from within, abstaining from the wrong thought and seek help from those that could help him.

He had made himself useless now.

6 Likes

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Obinoscopy(m): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
madness
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
Smh... lipsrsealed
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
this guy's own is finished...lobatan
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by redcliff: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
and thinks he would make heaven with that?

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by sylve11: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2012
God! shocked shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by sdiq: 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MOUTH FIT PICK SOMETHING NOW
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by CrazyMan(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2012
*Thinking aloud*

If our leaders can adopt this strategy, it would be better for us.

12 Likes

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by abuaoyen(f): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
d guy na big fool!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by executinal(m): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2012
won't your mouth steal too?? Just asking, better still plug off your eyes.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Afam4eva(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
lol grin
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by airwick500: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
hmm...the voice in his head singing
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
Mehn arabs can be really passionate abouts things o.
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by faoni572(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
OMG !!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by dridowu: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2012
Speechless
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by bid4rich(m): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
This one will still steal o, if he does that why cant he cut it from the shoulder to prevent him from stealing totally? I beg dis one will still steal with his heart first and then with his half remaining hand. His seriousness is not serious at allllll
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2012
Timijo: According to the bible, if your eyes will lead you to sin, pluck it out! and that is exactly what Egyptian, Ali Afifi did only he didn’t pluck out his eyes but cut off his hands from his wrists.
Ali took the severe decision following his inability to stop stealing and the feeling of guilt that comes over him after every act of theft.
In a situation he described asa ‘battle pitched’ against the devil, Afifi, 27, went to the main train station in the western Egyptian town of Tanta four years ago and waited for the train to approach where he was before dipping his hands under its wheels as hundredsof other train passengers watched in horror.
Following the shock of what happened, Afifi’s father sent him to an assylum. Following his release, Afifi sought the help of a local Islamic scholar to assist in chopping off the other wrist but the man refused citing the fact that he was not a ruler nor in a position to make that decision.
Rather, the Islamic scholar advised him to repent and seek God’s help. Left with no other choice, Afifi decided to carry out the act by himself. According to him(Afifi), “when I was finally released from theassylum a few months ago, I cut the other hand off to make sure I’ll never steal again.

http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/09/bizarre-27-year-old-man-cuts-off-his-own-hands-to-prevent-him-from-stealing.html

Direct interpretation of scripture grin self applied sharia law in the making! Koloness dey worry am grin

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by kariolality: 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2012
Better tell smone to cut your legs too so that you won't be able to move about and steal.

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Sijo01(f): 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
Madness!
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by SlyIg(f): 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2012
ISLAM

2 Likes

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Todaynatoday: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Men, I'm really sorry for him. cutting off his hands will not stop him from stealing. he should have learned how to control the urge to steal!

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Gee001: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
Dat was one hell of a decision he took. If only pple knew d traumas he faces after stealing, he actually feels bad afta each stealing n dat is wot I call a man wt a conscience but u get mind sha.

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by codernoni: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
I go cut my genital be dat sad
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by Chidex2442(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
I'll have 2 cut off my pen*nis also so dat i'll nt copulate lol.. Repent my dear i'm also on my way 2 repentance grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by bright007(f): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
After d first wrist was gone,which wrist did he use in cutting the second wrist off....coccck and bull story

1 Like

Re: Man Cuts-Off His Hands To Prevent Stealing (PHOTO) by johnstar(m): 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2012
Fear first catch me o, I tnk say na 9ja man go cut him hand grin grin, which 9ja man go even do dis 1 self, cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Starts Operation-Wear-Himar (Hijab) Campaign / Sultan Sa'ad Announces The Commencement Of Ramadan / Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.