Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

How Do You Punish Your Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Punish Your Children? (9969 Views)

How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? / Should Parents Apologise If They Punish Their Children Wrongly / Best Way to Punish Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Punish Your Children? by OmoAlata(f): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
I threaten to send them to my mother. It makes them sit up kia-kia and obey me grin grin My mother is a no-nonsense woman. When we were growing up, even our dog, Bingo was scared of her grin grin

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by slimyem: 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
:...depends on the gravity of the offence....
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Kobojunkie: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
Put the oven on at 400 degree farenheit and then tell them to kneel in front of the open oven with their arms stretched out in front. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
By not allowing them do what will make me punish them.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
Kobojunkie: Put the oven on at 400 degree farenheit and then tell them to kneel in front of the open over with their arms stretched out in front. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
The "Look", then in extreme cases kneel down, hands up.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by greatgod2012(f): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
u know, children love to be in d living room to watch tv,etc, but once u seclude them, they feel somehow,so i just ask them to go to their rooms, it really works.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by sdiq: 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2012
OMO MAKE I NO LIE NA PANKERE IYA KAMOLI DEY USE ON ME O

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by cheddarking(m): 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2012
THE 212 BELT

He already knows whats up when he hears that buckle clink...
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: Put the oven on at 400 degree farenheit and then tell them to kneel in front of the open oven with their arms stretched out in front. grin grin grin grin grin
kai! Dat one na proper wickedness nau? You wan turn them to barbecue?

@post I know my neighbour who is the habit of beating her kids as if she is fighting with an adult.the worst is telling her kids to "ride okada".dats a punishment that looks at if you are actually riding okada! Lol!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by chelseabmw(m): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2012
Am not married yet but I believe when I am I will NEVER punish but discipline them.

I don't even punish my junior ones
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by AjanleKoko: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2012
I dey spank my kids steady. They're still small, so no other punishment is tenable.
As soon as they cross the 8-year barrier, I will introduce the classical stoop-down, ijoko-idera, and other assorted punishments grin

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Garriisback: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
The best way grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Obinoscopy(m): 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2012
Spare the cane rod, spoil the child
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by iyaayi(f): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2012
Pankere works fine for d 12yr old and below while admonition is great for d teen years. At d end, they turn out really great and well disciplined!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by dangerzone: 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2012
shocked shocked, is that how you punish your children??..oh sorry what do you expect from a man that soak garri in the morning,afternoon and for dinner like you
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Afrocatalyst: 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
My 4 yr old son can be annoying. Started with word of mouth correction, didn't work. Then proceeded to kpankere flogging in the hand, didn't work and was giving him marks. Then I proceeded to okada riding, he screams hell wen he starts and next thing i hear, 'daddy am sorry, I will not do it again', sobbingly. I think we should not punish our kids but discipline them and I think the degree to which we do that depends on their personality. Some kids are strong-willed. In fact I use to feel like slapping him sometimes. Ah ah!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by goofie: 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
give them housework to do, depending on their ages.

let them arrange their rooms,mop the floors, scrub the bathroom,wash plates,etc. by the time dey r done, play time wit their friends will be over.

dont let them watch their fevorite programs on tv

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2012
A kid doesnt merit punishment, fullstop!
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by ciphoenix: 1:33pm On Sep 26, 2012
I know someone who had a miniature gallow in his house. Threatens to hang his kids, mostly when they're concealing information that'll see them punished
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by iyatrustee(f): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2012
for my daughter, i simply refuse to take her for her gramma's place! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by yuzedo: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2012
I tell them that on their next vacation i will take them to Uganda, Malawi, Limpopo, Burundi, Ekiti, etc instead of USA, Dubai, UK, Canada, France. . grin Works like a charm! angry
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by nikinash(f): 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2012
^^lol
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Tokotaya: 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
Word of mouth/scolding mostly. Then, occasionally spanking. Sometimes the sight of the cane is enough to whip them into line. When they are older, word of mouth will do just fine
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by skidos4u(m): 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2012
lock dem in d bathroom n u wil hear sorry immedaitly 4rm dem.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by wandeay: 1:58pm On Sep 26, 2012
how soldier punish a civilian, exactly!
2 big stones on the head, kneeling down on small stones, 5 strokes of koboko on the back, and no food throughout the next day, finally, sleep in guard room the third day, after release, cleans the compound. . .
No matter how minimal the offence.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by beautifulcrystalsyahooc: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
Kobojunkie: Put the oven on at 400 degree farenheit and then tell them to kneel in front of the open oven with their arms stretched out in front. grin grin grin grin grin
Garri_is_back: The best way grin
wandeay: how soldier punish a civilian, exactly!
2 big stones on the head, kneeling down on small stones, 5 strokes of koboko on the back, and no food throughout the next day, finally, sleep in guard room the third day, after released, cleans the compound. . .
No matter how minimal the offence.

haaa
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by pyyxxaro: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2012
I WOULD FORCE HIM 2FINISH A BASIN OF GARRI and BURUKUTU grin tongue kiss
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by Andrew3(m): 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2012
When I have one, I will put pepper in his nyash angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by greatgod2012(f): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2012
skidos4u: lock dem in d bathroom n u wil hear sorry immedaitly 4rm dem.
Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by hrhobi1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
HOT COCONUT KNOCK FOR HEAD , IT WORKED FOR ME

1 Like

Re: How Do You Punish Your Children? by EfemenaXY: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
There are some really sick minds on this thread...

And they actually act out their depravity. Heaven help those kids sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unemployed Man Marrying An Unemployed Woman; Your Take? / A Family Budget That Works - updated with spread sheet. / Have You Ever Lied To Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.